PDA

View Full Version : Great game but need a couple pointers..

demowhc
09-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I just installed the demo and i really like this game, but im having trouble..

in the demo after you have stolen the truck and make your way into the german base you have to steal some documents, but i have no idea how i am meant to steal them as i get spotted as an enemy spy all the time..am i meant to steal an officers uniform??

id really like to get this game but im finding it hard to get into as i dont really know what im meant to do, thanks..

Soviet
09-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Have you left the soviet backpack on?, make sure you take it off when you get a uniform, also use german weapons, there is an officer one of the first buildings to the left, put the body in the truck when you have killed him and dump him in the forest.

demowhc
10-01-2007, 09:08 AM
ok thanks ill try that, no i havnt got the russian backpack on and yes i have been using german weapons...

so you are saying once i get into the german base, kill an officer and throw him in the back of the truck, then drive back out of the base to dump him in the forest, then drive back into the base again??

Soviet
10-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Take his uniform

Von Omar
10-02-2007, 09:12 AM
The second building to the left as you enter the base contains an officer and a lowly mechanic of some sort. You can chlorophorm the officer and then knife the mechanic. Switch uniforms with the knocked out officer.
There is a large bin or open top box of some kind next to a large drill or press machine or whatever it is. You can carry a body over to it and then throw them off of your back with the right mouse button.
Saves a trip to the truck and nobody is the wiser outside. Just be sure to check on the location of the primary target. He has a habbit of showing up just as your undressing. Awkward to say the least.
On the higher difficulties it seems to be much trickier to get close enough to use the chlorophorm so make sure you have plenty of time and save before making the attempt.
Once your dressed and have thrown the bodies in the bin, the rest of the mission is fairly straight forward.

I recommend disabling the alarm right after obtaining the uniform. Its on the top floor of the office bunker. It can help if anything goes wrong later on during the mission.

Good luck :)

demowhc
10-02-2007, 01:34 PM
thanks very much :)

mbv
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Also make sure you walk rather than run while you are inside the base in German uniform or you will give your disguise away quite quickly. Use CapsLock to toggle between running and walking.

After I switched uniforms with the guy in the bunker, just before I snatched the truck, I found I could walk through the camp pretty freely and right next to other guards without raising suspicion. Watch out for the officers and SS guards in black though as they are capable of blowing your disguise much easier than lower ranks. You will need a black officers uniform to get anywhere near the safe unless you prefer a huge gun battle - or set up a diversion with your explosives :)

Von Omar
10-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Oh yeah...use the V key. I just figured that out :shock:
It makes it SO much easier to sneak up on a stationary target. Wish I knew about it earlier :?

mbv
10-03-2007, 09:48 AM
I find using the V key a very frustrating experience as you have to have the timing just right or you will be noticed. You need to approach really quick then when up close press the V key. You move extremely slowly with the V key so you have to be very close and quick with the chloroform/stun. I tend to whack 'em with stun as it is quicker than chloroform and gives less chance of being noticed if there is more than one enemy in the room/area.

Von Omar
10-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I agree with "sneak" being frustrating on walking targets. On stationary targets though I've had no issues.

I tend to use smoke to get moving targets to stay still for a moment.

As far as the demo goes, I usually just rush the primary target when he's at the rear of the base between the wall and that building. Nobody hears it (after removing the local patrols of course) and there is a truck handy. Just charging at him and stunning him is the easiest way. He whines about it of course, but the game still gives the option to knock him out, even when he's facing you and pulling out his pistol.
I wish that option was available on every target.