PDA

View Full Version : Star Wolves 2 retail release (EU)?

Kolorabi
09-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi there,

I'm a big fan of the original Star Wolves. I know it didn't sell well in english speaking markets, but that was probably more due to the small size of the European publisher (Excalibur) than any lack of interest in the game. So I've been crossing my fingers ever since I heard about Star Wolves 2, hoping it would get a retail release in Europe (and not only the German-speaking part of it).

So, can any of you 1C-representatives tell me if my hope is in vain? I know I can buy and download the game, but it just isn't the same as having a nice-looking box in my collection, so that would be an absolute last resort for me.

It would also be cool with retail versions of A.I.M. 2 and Parkan 2, two other titles I'm interested in (seriously, you guys have a lot of really interesting games on offer, but it kills me that it's so hard for me to actually buy them...)

blacktick
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Well like you said Star Wolves 2,A.I.M. 2 and Parkan 2 are all available for purchase via download on gamersgate(I bought them all),but retail boxed versions are scarce. :?

After some searching,I do see that you can get a boxed version of Star wolves 2,but it ain't easy. Digital distribution is the future,it's cost effective and faster that normally,so I doubt we'll see boxed versions unless there is a huge demand for a certain game,let's say a game like fantasy wars or Dungeon Cleaners(I hope).

But I'm no expert at this,so I let Evgeny explain or someone else who beats him to it. 8)

Kolorabi
09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
After some searching,I do see that you can get a boxed version of Star wolves 2,but it ain't easy.
English-language version? Where?
But I'm no expert at this,so I let Evgeny explain or someone else who beats him to it. 8)
Evgeny, you are needed! :)

(or am I to interpret the silence as "we are in top secret negotiations, can't say anything yet"?) :)

Evgeny
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
The Star Wolves 2 was released in Germany, Austria and german part of Switzerland. Nothing top secret in here. :)

Kolorabi
09-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Is that version playable in english? If not, are there any plans for an english-language retail version? If not, please change your minds. :)

Rune_b
09-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I'v bougt the english version of Star Wolves 2 from www.cd-wow.com and got a real nice box game just like I wanted :D
But after playing it for 3-4 hours it started to crash ALLOT, at special parts of the game, and it drives me :evil:
And for what I can find out from other sites this is a probem for many players whit the english version.
Are U going to fix this problem whit a patch och shoulld I thow my new box game in the trash :?: :(

Marius
10-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I bought it as well and it doesn't crash...

And that's about the only good thing I can say about this half finished game.

- taking jobs on trading stations are bugged (I tried it about 10 times and never

Marius
10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I bought it as well and it doesn't crash...

And that's about the only good thing I can say about this half finished game.

- taking jobs on trading stations are bugged (I tried it about 10 times)
- the voice overs sound like they were spoken by sedated people
- i finished the game in about 8 hours
- the plot is... well, there isn't one really

Overall very disappointed about it :roll:

Kolorabi
10-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the CDWOW-link, I'm ordering it now. Sorry to hear it's bugged, but I need to check it for myself (besides it's fairly cheap) :)

Maverick
02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
I had some moderate hopes for star wolves 2 and was thoroughly disappointed. it's crap, the basic concept is cool as always, and the combat is passable, but the rest of the game is garbage, it's boring, buggy, empty, and too short. The voice acting is crap, which isn't really a huge deal by itself since a lot of games and even some tv shows have crappy VO's. But in this game some of the voice actors sound like they can't read (Who the **** voiced Ace? that dude should be euthanized).

The first one wasn't that great, but it was passable, this one is utter trash, they should just sell the damn ip to a better dev so the fans can get a decent game and they'll probably get more $ than they ever could releasing this kind of under developed stuff. Even EA could do better, and thats saying something.