PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

1Truck
09-25-2007, 01:23 AM
So far, we don't know much about multiplayer except that it will be as close to single player as possible. Will there be LAN support and online servers? If there are online servers, how will they be run? :)

Great new forum!

Evgeny
09-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Well, for now the creation of special online servers is not planned. If there is any change, we will inform you.

Thank you for your question.

bigbubba467
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
can you give us some details on the multiplayer mode or an estimate of what to expect?

bigbubba467

latitudec640
09-25-2007, 07:25 PM
this is BS i did not wait since 2001 for this game not to be online play i mean atari from what a herd there going to devolope the game or wtvr there doing but atari is a part of it to they can get online server up and running right? i mean how fun would it be with online play and now we get craped on with this but i could be wrong they could be doing it i am just upset for waiting all this time for the best part of the game and now there saying they wont have it

Evgeny
09-26-2007, 10:44 AM
can you give us some details on the multiplayer mode or an estimate of what to expect?

We can't give you the information about it at the time. But we will inform you about it as soon as possible.

CatDiesel
09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
this is BS i did not wait since 2001 for this game not to be online play i mean atari from what a herd there going to devolope the game or wtvr there doing but atari is a part of it to they can get online server up and running right? i mean how fun would it be with online play and now we get craped on with this but i could be wrong they could be doing it i am just upset for waiting all this time for the best part of the game and now there saying they wont have it

well my friend your not the only one who has been waiting we all have in one way or another and i for one have been waiting since 2000 when the first article was posted about the makings of the game but regardless of what is in it be happy these people took the time out of there life to come to the usa just to see how we operate our trucking economy and how its done

just be patient and we'll all see in due time where it goes you also have to remember that the questions they answer are very limited on what they can answer

thanks for reading and the time to post

- CatDiesel

1Truck
09-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, for now the creation of special online servers is not planned. If there is any change, we will inform you.

Thanks for your answer, but perhaps I should rephrase it. Will there be any kind of multiplayer, LAN or internet? Or has this feature been cancelled?

Evgeny
09-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Thanks for your answer, but perhaps I should rephrase it. Will there be any kind of multiplayer, LAN or internet? Or has this feature been cancelled?

The multiplayer will be presented in the game, but we can't tell you now in what form.

digit
09-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Thanks for answering the question. This one is a tough one and will be a huge feature in the game if all goes well.

trucknisse
09-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Here is a few questions/suggestions.

What I would REALLY like to see is for Rig'n'Roll to be turned into a kind of MMORPG, where you can see other truckers online. For example, that truck on the road up ahead, might be an other gamer. Meaning that other trucks that you see on the road might be driven by other players in real time. Like in MMORPG games.

In this kind of mode we can also consider the possibility that you can be working for other gamers, like being an employee for someone who has come further than you. That could be one way of making more bucks, and as you get more bucks, you can start your own company and so on, making more money etc. Thats a nice kind of trucking simulator.

On the screenshots and demo videos we have seen online, we see your avatar stepping out, filling up gas, getting food etc. It would be nice to step put and into a roadside joint and meet other avatars online, and maybe chat online on where they are going, etc. Like in real trucking.

You could also consider having a kind of radio communication range with other players. If an other player is within 100km or so of you, you could try to talk voice with each other on a simulated shortwave. You shouldn't be able to communicate with players further away. (Unless the truck has Internet Access, which will have in 10 years or so).

Anything like this planned, or better included?

I understand that this might not be planned right now, but I don't think it will be that hard to extend the game in the future, with a patch to allow this. You need a system that keeps track of the players, how their trucks and avatars looks like. The technology for this is very well known, and rignroll already has a system to keep track of AI trucks and cars in your current neighborhood.

I think this would be an extremely nice feature that would really make rignroll different, and make much more popular. Maybe the next trucking WoW?

For the multiplayer version that you actually do have, I read that you are not planning online servers, but how about servers hosted by users?

Evgeny
09-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Here is a few questions/suggestions.

What I would REALLY like to see is for Rig'n'Roll to be turned into a kind of MMORPG, where you can see other truckers online. For example, that truck on the road up ahead, might be an other gamer. Meaning that other trucks that you see on the road might be driven by other players in real time. Like in MMORPG games.

In this kind of mode we can also consider the possibility that you can be working for other gamers, like being an employee for someone who has come further than you. That could be one way of making more bucks, and as you get more bucks, you can start your own company and so on, making more money etc. Thats a nice kind of trucking simulator.

On the screenshots and demo videos we have seen online, we see your avatar stepping out, filling up gas, getting food etc. It would be nice to step put and into a roadside joint and meet other avatars online, and maybe chat online on where they are going, etc. Like in real trucking.

You could also consider having a kind of radio communication range with other players. If an other player is within 100km or so of you, you could try to talk voice with each other on a simulated shortwave. You shouldn't be able to communicate with players further away. (Unless the truck has Internet Access, which will have in 10 years or so).

Anything like this planned, or better included?

I understand that this might not be planned right now, but I don't think it will be that hard to extend the game in the future, with a patch to allow this. You need a system that keeps track of the players, how their trucks and avatars looks like. The technology for this is very well known, and rignroll already has a system to keep track of AI trucks and cars in your current neighborhood.

I think this would be an extremely nice feature that would really make rignroll different, and make much more popular. Maybe the next trucking WoW?

For the multiplayer version that you actually do have, I read that you are not planning online servers, but how about servers hosted by users?

A lot of the things you suggested are planned, like radio. As for multiplayer, we can't tell you its details, but we will inform you about it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your suggestions and questions.

1Truck
09-27-2007, 10:37 AM

The multiplayer will be presented in the game, but we can't tell you now in what form.

Sorry for giving you such a hard time :lol:. Thanks for your answer, I wasn't sure by your answer if there was multiplayer or not.

JOleg
10-02-2007, 11:17 AM
By the way,

I hope that if there are official servers for online play, then they will not be the only option to choose from. That's bad practice to tie gamers to official servers only, because sooner or later publisher will stop financing the maintenence and traffic for them, and they will go down eventually. Game history knows precedents which didn't lead to anything good. There must be a legimate way for normal users to set up dedicated or at least non-dedicated servers without dependence on any officials.

Evgeny, can you comment this, or still no? And also, what is the reason behind not being able to show us all cards regarding multiplayer? :wink:

P.S. For the record, game history also knows precedents when game was released without multiplayer feature, which was later "fixed" (implemented) by gamers ... who would think this is possible, eh? Well, it is :wink:

Oleg

Pyrre
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
What is this again! Another disappointment, there is new "answers" thread and suddenly no multiplayer at all in final version. Hook that kept many players including me following games progression many years. Then "near" finished product suddenly announcement, sorry, there is no multiplayer at all... that is pure lying. I am really pissed about that, I dont care of minor sounds or cab details. I want multiplayer business simulator with good playablility. So now we have only singleplayer game left... Why then even mention multiplayer if there never will be one.

Or have I misunderstood something....?! I really hope so.

Metzger28
10-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Basically, one of the developers it seems said there wouldn't be multiplayer back in May of this year, now 1C is saying there is.
I'll believe 1C here - here's hoping they're right.

JOleg
10-05-2007, 06:53 PM
now 1C is saying there is.
I'll believe 1C here

Have you not seen latest news? 1C is not developer in any case. Listen to developers :wink: There will be no multiplayer :( Just live with it.

bigbubba467
10-05-2007, 07:22 PM
now 1C is saying there is.
I'll believe 1C here

Have you not seen latest news? 1C is not developer in any case. Listen to developers :wink: There will be no multiplayer :( Just live with it.
but it is right to be upset about it because they first said the game have multiplayer and they kept saying it til now

it is sad at least they told us now then after we have the game and find out for our selves that there isnt any multiplayer in the game.

bigbubba467

Metzger28
10-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Yeah - I usually read new posts before replying but I jumped right in before reading the answers thread - sorry. It does stink that there's officially no multiplayer support. Perhaps down the road a bit they'll give it to us.