PDA

View Full Version : Men Of War : Assault Squad performance problems

arpeggi
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone,

I always been a world war two 'fan' and then i discovered this game and i instantly fell in love with him. I buy it with a friend who likes strategy games too and we started to play but something wrong is happening, i have a Quad Core Q6600, an ATI 4890 HD, and i cant play this game maxed out or even at medium / low settings, i always get crappy fps. I play some other RTS and there is no problem. Something is wrong cause my computer is not that bad, someone has the same problem or know what is wrong ? thanks, this game without this stupid lag would be perfect.

Cheers

razputin
03-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Something must be wrong with your system for I am able to play the MoW AS demo on my Xeon E5410 (2.33GHz) + 9800GT system at max with no problems with a display of 1280x1024. What is your screen size and resolution?

arpeggi
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
My Screen is 1400x900, but i play at a lower resolution, i cant play with my native resolution, i know that something is wrong, i just dont know what :(

arpeggi
03-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Someone can Help ?

razputin
03-09-2011, 12:04 PM
RTS games like MoW are CPU and GPU dependent so you might want to try cleaning up your system and try to make sure nothing else is using your CPU unnecessarily while you are playing; un-install any unused programs (especially if your hard drive is almost full), defrag your hard drive, turn off any unnecessary programs running in the background to avoid losing CPU cycles, update your video and audio drivers if you have not done so in awhile, and you might even want to consider reformatting & re-installing Windows to ensure you remove any leftover crap if your Windows install is 1-2 years old.

What version of Windows are you running? You might actually find slightly better performance switching to another version, for example if you are using Vista, Windows 7 or even XP would be slightly better.

Another thing you can try is to overclock your CPU and GPU but being able to do so depends on if you have an OEM desktop system (e.g., DELL) or a custom-built system. The Q6600 is known to be a great overclocer, so you might be able to increase it by another 500 MHz or 1 GHz even using the stock cooler. And as you probably know, overclocking can in some cases damage the CPU and/or GPU if not done correctly. What is your system make and model? Do you know what MB you have?

DMS|Instinct
03-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Patch 1 should help with the performance issues.

gimmyabreak
03-10-2011, 05:11 AM
The Q6600 is known to be a great overclocer, so you might be able to increase it by another 500 MHz or 1 GHz even using the stock cooler. And as you probably know, overclocking can in some cases damage the CPU and/or GPU if not done correctly.

If you can't gain 800+ mhz out of your overclock then don't bother, the performance increase will not be significant enough to improve your gaming experience.

Shadow complexity, effects and the water shader significantly affect performance so try to keep those down if you want higher FPS.

Resolution should be minimum 1200x800. Anything lower will most likely not yield performance increase and may even decrease performance. The HD4xxx and higher do not like very low resolutions for some reason. My HD4870's like to run at 14x9 or 16x10... 19x12 is usually a little too high, depending on the game ofc... they like it just fine in HL2.

AA, you should get away with 2x, but if you're pining for every fps then simply turn it off, and make sure it's off in your CCC aswell.

Texture resolution is usually of no consequence to performance, and only affects your available video memory. The HD4890 has plenty of memory and plenty of shader power to run at max texture resolution.

One more thing...

You should not expect stellar performance with your system, especially on Carentan... only on very rare occasions have I seen a game/map that ran like such a dog as Carentan does.

My specs:

Intel 2600K
HD 6970 2G
DDR3 2000 4G

On carentan my lowest fps is 35, with everything turned on. Average fps is about 60. I wouldn't be surprised if the FPs dipped below 35 if I do something like say... cause a huge explosions in the centre of town.

So in closing: You SHOULD be able to get more performance out of your system, BUT not very MUCH more performance. Your system will only run "perfectly smooth" on SOME of the maps, not all, and you may have to give up on some eye candy to achieve that.

MOW AS really need to have some optimization done to it, because this game should run a lot faster than it does.

razputin
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM
And there is nothing wrong with updating your PC just for a game, I have done it twice. gimmyabreak's PC would be a nice upgrade for you... ;)

robrogerson
03-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Im glad i found this thread. I have recently got MOW AS and i cant believe the lag i get from it. I have a Phenom x4 9950, 4GB, and 4870 1gb. I can play most games at decent framerates with high to highish settings and i always use 1680x1050 resolution.

Well i played MOW AS beta and i occaionally experienced some bad lag but that was usually because one of my cpu processes had got jammed on 100%. Besides this i used to host games alot and could host matches of 10 players not a problem most of the time.

Now i have the retail version and my god the FPS sucks and i get constant lagg and "finding server" errors. Ive tried lowering the video settings and it hasnt made much difference.

My PC spec absolutely smashes past the recommended system requirements so why is this happening? Im getting really fed up playing the game because it just starts lagging so bad at some point it just ruins it.

Im surely not expecting too much to be able to run it smoothly am I?

Also some other poster on here typed his spec and he says he has a 2600k with a 6890 if i remember right? Thats got to be one of the most powerfull single card gaming rigs around right now with that sandybridge cpu and he says he still ocassionally gets lag?

It has to be just terrible programming from the game creators?

djsatane
03-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Key is whether you get that performance drop in skirmishes or all maps even mp, if its skirmishes then most likely its something tied to ai/paths etc bound to cpu.

Shrike_UK
03-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Just for those who are worried if theyre PC might not be up to this game, like i was, i'm running high textures normal shadows, mostly high and normal settings etc.., on my PC which is 5 years old and it still runs smooth with the new patch on. Loading times for maps are like 15 seconds, but, in game, its smooth. In fact MoW:AS runs smoother than MoW original.

my specs, AMD X2 4200+ 2.2GHz Dual Core, 2 GB Ram, Radeon X1950 Pro 256Mb. Vista.

vincik
03-15-2011, 06:11 PM
and i got HD5770, Quad Core 2,6Ghz, 4G ram, latest ati drivers and fresh win7 and i got (no matter what settings) 8-60fps (depends on map and way camera looks).. if someone let me know why i have this fps i would be very very happy because i want enjoy this great game.

[SOE]No.Mam
03-15-2011, 06:45 PM
low fps is a GEM engine bug from MoW:AS. possible we will get a bugfree MoW:AS with next patch.

test this: http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=7975#p95289

djsatane
03-16-2011, 04:32 AM
Those performance issues where you start a map with smooth performance and something comes to crawl for no visual reason but there is ai new units moving or getting stuck, those issues seem to be tied to ai pathing bugs.... they are very serious as it seems something causes huge loops that eat up processor and turn the game into slide show. Many people who get those kind of random huge performance drops after playing for a while on map often think its tied to graphics etc... but based on my testing and observation so far its tied to ai/pathing. This needs to be solved.

sofos
03-20-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm really suffering from this issue as well. I've got 4,1GHz quad-core i7 CPU with dual GTX 570. I've yet to come across a game (and I've played quite a few) that would perform so poorly on my setup.

The performance issues I'm having are not just "oh god, I have only 30 FPS, I can't play this game" or some such nonsense. I'm just literally getting only 5-10 FPS even at medium settings in some situations. At best, it seems to run at about 15-20 when any action picks up.

Reducing draw distance to absolute minimum, taking off special effects etc helped but only by a bit.

I'm hoping this doesn't go unnoticed. I love the game, I loved the previous titles (which I didn't have any issues with) but this just puts me off so bad.

kane1
03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
When I'm playing the regular way(capturing points always moving forward), I don't have much of a problem even if I have a lot of units. When I play my favorite way(setup a defense line), I'll start getting a slowdown when I get a lot of damage to the landscape. (smoking hulls, craters).

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/foto707/slowdown.jpg

MedicD
04-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Same thing here.

Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
2 x 8800GTX
8GB DDR2
RAID 0 HD's

When playing skirmish with my buddy, I'm consistently at 10FPS, and changing settings doesn't affect it. It also doesn't matter if SLI is on or not, same FPS.

When in SLI, both GPUs are at about 40% usage, and when not in SLI, 80%
CPU is always at like 40%

I have the power available, but it won't use it. I wish it worked better :(

Japan-Alien
04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I have been reading the threads and i too have immense slowdown despite running a new Alienware Area 51 ALX. I have an Nvidia 480x, a I7 x980 processor and loads of ram but still have slowdown (partial freezing). This should not happen on my rig as i fly through Ass effect 2, Shogun 2 and Dragon age on max without a sweat.
As soon as this game launches and you click on any button, it takes close to 5 minutes to launch the next screen, so there is definately a major bug.
Until these issues are properly addressed i would advise anyone to hold off buying or at the very least test the demo ad infinitum first to ensure you dont have the same experience:(

searry
04-26-2011, 08:42 AM
I've played these games since Soldiers: Heroes Of World War 2. Back then I had a Pentium D CPU. This is the sort of CPU I think that this game was designed with, and I think the core engine is still partly used from this original game. This game is not design to make use of multi-core cpus, which for todays gaming is unacceptable. It's funny how no one with single core cpus and running xp is on here complaining about performance. Yes I have Q6600 etc, and my fps are also crap, even though my specs also go far beyond the minimum.....

djsatane
04-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Try to turn off hyperthreading for your cpu if u have i7 cpu, for me it gave me a boost and not only in this game.

micro
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
in relation to performance issues, what doe's fps mean, 8-60fps, 30 FPS ect.

thankx

searry
05-14-2011, 08:26 PM
frames per second, which in this case is probably about 5

MedicD
05-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Single player skirmish I can max all settings and get 50-60 fps, which is fine. It's only multiplayer I get the issues. I have graphics set approx half way and I'm struggling to get 25, typically dips to 12-15ish, and studders the entire time. My Core 2 Quad is at about 60% usage and seems to be using each core relatively well. My SLI 8800GTX's are at 40% and 5% with the newest 275 beta drivers (this is an improvement from previous drivers).

I'm not an FPS snob, I'd be happy with 30-35 FPS running smoothly, it's mostly the jagged play that bothers me.

AsRock
06-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Don't really matter what map i play sooner or later it be running 10-15fps and programs like afterburner report 0-30% gpu usage. And grphic settings don't matter it still plays like rubbish.. 1C should be ashamed of this game.

How ever the mouse never lags lol.

My Specs

Q9550
ASUS Maximus mobo
ATI 6970
8GB of ram

Frank Killaa
07-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I buy GTX560ti GS today in hope to have litlle more FPS in AS skirmish and i just can say.....ahhahah, aahahha! Now i have 3-4 fps more then on 4870 GS...and thats **it! This beautiful game use some prehistoric aritmetics coz yes only ONE core is on full load, other 3 is on camping???? AND GPU load is about 30-40%

My PC is: Q9400, GTX560ti, 4gb ram, 4 tb WD, GB ep45-DS3 on WIN 7 32-bit ...and hell yea this is what i get for that ;( :evil::evil::evil::evil::-x:-x:!::!:

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m634/FrankKillaa/mow_assault_squad2011-07-0921-06-08-38.jpg http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m634/FrankKillaa/Thisiswhatiget.jpg http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m634/FrankKillaa/mow_assault_squad2011-07-0921-11-13-09.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m634/FrankKillaa/mow_assault_squad2011-07-0921-11-11-11.jpg http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m634/FrankKillaa/mow_assault_squad2011-07-0921-11-06-53.jpg

SHAME SHAME ON U!! DEVELOPERS!!!:evil:

Frank Killaa
07-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Problem solved......GAME DELETED!!!:evil:

vincik
07-31-2011, 10:11 AM
its a good solution..probably only one. but i like this game too much so im playing it even with 5fps drops on my HD 5850 Xtreme and 4Quad 3.GHZ. I can play Shogun 2 on ultra with stable framerate above 40fps with this Pc. SO WHERE IS THE F:::K PROBLEM??? Obviously someone from mow team is still working on patches. Why they cannot say us where is the problem or if they are working on it?

by the way: even after x patches game suffers same bugs. paratrupers in the edge of map disapearing after landing, bazzoka infantry stupid AI, sandboxes sometimes disapearing after small explosion, vehicles stucks pretty often and helps only manual control and my favourite: totally stupid supply distribution. who has time and nervs for that!

sooo great pc game and sooo many stupid bugs... i will pray for next patches. amen

kane1
07-31-2011, 06:34 PM
its a good solution..probably only one. but i like this game too much so im playing it even with 5fps drops on my HD 5850 Xtreme and 4Quad 3.GHZ. I can play Shogun 2 on ultra with stable framerate above 40fps with this Pc. SO WHERE IS THE F:::K PROBLEM??? Obviously someone from mow team is still working on patches. Why they cannot say us where is the problem or if they are working on it?

by the way: even after x patches game suffers same bugs. paratrupers in the edge of map disapearing after landing, bazzoka infantry stupid AI, sandboxes sometimes disapearing after small explosion, vehicles stucks pretty often and helps only manual control and my favourite: totally stupid supply distribution. who has time and nervs for that!

sooo great pc game and sooo many stupid bugs... i will pray for next patches. amen

You get 40+fps on Ultra with STW2, that's sounds pretty good. You have too remember that even with the great graphics you get in STW2, those units have a "unit" thinking. If all those troops had individual AI and/or individual inventory your fps would probably be lower. That screen shot shows just how much work the PC has. It would be so much easier on the PC if all those burning hulks, the craters, the weapons/equipment, and the collateral damage would disappear, but the game wouldn't be as cool. The PC keeps track of all that and still has to contend with the gameplay. This game has issues for sure, but IMO deliveries so much FUN.
If you have 15 to 30 minutes to spend tweaking saved game files you can give your Tanks and AT guns all the ammo they need and your troops with a lot more ammo to start. You and Frank Killaa have totally legit problems but this game is so tweakable there's no reason why you can't have a BLAST playing.

SilentScream
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
I have the same problem as the poster, but if I'm gonna delete the game, it's gonna be AFTER I get a REFUND. This is beginning to look like a rip off and I won't accept this !

Bliep
09-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Forget about the refund. European law doesn't foresee in this yet, and if the laws that are being dicussed are ever passed I think we'll be without games for quite a while since none of the games released nowadays meets any consumer rights that go for any product anywhere within the EU. And trust me if they will have to refund the costs on a none functioning product, to do so will bankrupt even the likes of EA.

zauii
01-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Forget about the refund. European law doesn't foresee in this yet, and if the laws that are being dicussed are ever passed I think we'll be without games for quite a while since none of the games released nowadays meets any consumer rights that go for any product anywhere within the EU. And trust me if they will have to refund the costs on a none functioning product, to do so will bankrupt even the likes of EA.

MoW works fine and so does Assault Squad, quit whining.
Yes it has performance issues but its a good game.

Typical americans, whining and moaning about everything with their miffed up law systems that enables them to sue anyone for anything at anytime which is quite pathetic.
You're not getting a refund and deal with it, and its not a ripoff. Next time check what game you're buying and if you don't like it dont bother.

djsatane
01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
For those with really high end gpu's if you are using anti aliasing I suggest turning off in game anti aliasing impementation and force anti aliasing through your video card drivers. I am using super sampling aa forced through my drivers on my 6990 and difference in performance is quite huge vs the in game super sampling implementation.

djsatane
01-27-2012, 08:32 AM
2 major tips when it comes to performance on mid to high end computers.

1. If you have multi core cpu such as i7 etc.... Set affinity for the process "mow_assault_squad.exe" to use only 1 core, for example if you have 4 cores set to use only core 0. This prevents from thread jumping between cores and results in steady performance. This game doesnt use multi core anyways. This will give big boost in terms of steady performance vs shuttering and game freezing a bit every now and then.

2. If you use anti aliasing implemention inside game, and you have higher end graphics card, I recommend turning off anti aliasing in game and trying out using your graphics card driver anti aliasing override, force such anti aliasing as multi sample or super sampling etc....

peter10
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
2 major tips when it comes to performance on mid to high end computers.

1. If you have multi core cpu such as i7 etc.... Set affinity for the process "mow_assault_squad.exe" to use only 1 core, for example if you have 4 cores set to use only core 0. This prevents from thread jumping between cores and results in steady performance. This game doesnt use multi core anyways. This will give big boost in terms of steady performance vs shuttering and game freezing a bit every now and then.

2. If you use anti aliasing implemention inside game, and you have higher end graphics card, I recommend turning off anti aliasing in game and trying out using your graphics card driver anti aliasing override, force such anti aliasing as multi sample or super sampling etc....

In terms of single player the solution is in-game ANTI-ALIASING !

Try what I did.

1. in-game : turn every detail to low/off
2. go to NVidia control panel > Manage 3D settings > Program settings > set to MoW:AS
3. SET > AA filter ; AA mode to Override... ; AA settings ; AA Transparency ; you fiddle with the rest
4. Go to game start see how the game performs in heavy battle. Then make yourself a SAVE. If you have enough FPS try turning things ON step-by-step.

Water effects + Shadows = FPS KILL .... the rest is OK.

When I set everything maxed out. The game goes around 20-50FPS depending on view. When zooming from above it reaches 100FPS. But when I look into GPU Tweak the GPU usage is never above 60%. So guess what ..... And the game still goes at 20-30 FPS !

to Multiplayer !!!

With all mentioned above. LAN-coop-skirmish-1.USA(overlord) 2 players = UNPLAYABLE = 10 to 20 FPS.

Now PC specs

Mine as joiner :
Q6600 @ 3,00Ghz
4GB Corsair Dominator XMS2 1066mhz 2.1V 5-5-5-15
Asus GTX 570 DCII
WD Caviar Black 1TB FAEX
Win 7 x64 Ulti SP1

Host PC specs :
i7-860 @ 3.4Ghz
4GB Kingston 1600Mhz CL9
!!!! ASUS GTX 590 3GB !!!!
Win 7 x64 Ulti SP1

NVidia VGA driver version : 295.51

Great game ! Huge dissapointment in game-engine-performance. We're going back to R.U.S.E. Sry guys...

:(

EDIT : We both have patch ver. 2.00... (cca 1GB)

EDIT : Any suggestion to try out ?

searry
03-25-2012, 02:16 PM
MoW works fine and so does Assault Squad, quit whining.
Yes it has performance issues but its a good game.

Typical americans, whining and moaning about everything with their miffed up law systems that enables them to sue anyone for anything at anytime which is quite pathetic.
You're not getting a refund and deal with it, and its not a ripoff. Next time check what game you're buying and if you don't like it dont bother.

The game was checked before buying, my specs far outdo the minimum specs for the game, I have installed all the patches and the frame rate is still shite, oh and I'm English you racist prick.

JPoinsot
04-15-2012, 12:54 PM
In the middle of a battle the framerate drops to a single frame-per-second. Changing all quality settings to their lowest levels makes no difference. I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor at 2.8 Ghz a core and an nVidia GTS 450, Windows 7 64-bit, and 8 gb of ram. The game is unplayable right now.

JPoinsot
04-21-2012, 09:03 PM
No thoughts?

Letum
04-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Lots of people with the same issue.

Wurm
04-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Here's a performance test video from fresh install and latest patch v2.00.11 for your enjoyment.

Watch it here: http://youtu.be/QPdPhCCQuQs I'm confused :confused:

Czynszol
05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Funny thing is,that Polish box version [non-steam] which is 1.8 something,works just perfectly on 60-90 FPS at very nice graphics,and with newest patch [which is as i saw-only Russian and English],changes original Polish to English,and totally ruins framerate.
So 1C,what are you going to do about it? I respect you,because you indeed make excellent games, but please take care and repair that what you broke with newest patch for a lot of people-including me-

sabraxat
05-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Hello to everyone,

I solved my performance problems and the solution is striking:

I patched the game to 2.11, registered my ORIGNAL game and Gamespy account and applied the the cracked files for the patch.

And you know what, the game flows like water now!

Give it a try if nothing helps.

Wurm
05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
1C Company cannot fix this problem.

Digitalmindsoft is the real developer of MOW:AS.

:!: This performance problem can be fixed by fixing the d*mn game and the guy (sabraxat) above proved it. :!:

Sneaksie
05-21-2012, 12:53 PM
If you're having performance problems in multiplayer with the latest 2.00.11 patch installed onto retail version of MoW:AS, please try this fix. Unzip the executable into the game folder overwriting the existing one, if this helps, the patch will be re-released with the corrected executable. Thanks!

sabraxat
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
If you're having performance problems in multiplayer with the latest 2.00.11 patch installed onto retail version of MoW:AS, please try this fix. Unzip the executable into the game folder overwriting the existing one, if this helps, the patch will be re-released with the corrected executable. Thanks!

Hi,

I wrote above about the crack fix of the FPS in the game but the problem is not only in multiplayer.

I cant activate the game using your exe file.

I checked with revoking the licence from the original exe and trying again but still a message " the key was not found in the database" comes up and advices to manualy activate or to check for typing errors in my code(which I retyped several times)

The original 2.00.11 have no problems with revoking and relicensing.

I have one more little issue with the game. I found small white stripes on the textures edges and the upper edge on the screen and they move as the camera moves.This is activeted when anti-aliasing is on and I cant fix it with drivers update,video card settings resolution changes. If it is an easy fix please help me if not I will take it as is.

I sended you last week an email concerning the FPS problem and it contain my DxDiag file named :"MOW:AS performance issues"

Thank you for the support of your game and fast respond.

Sneaksie
05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks for checking it. The executable above is for GOTY edition, if you have a normal version + DLCs it won't accept your key. In this case, please also try this one, it is for the regular version:

sabraxat
05-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks for checking it. The executable above is for GOTY edition, if you have a normal version + DLCs it won't accept your key. In this case, please also try this one, it is for the regular version:

Hi again,

I use retail version no DLCs.

I just check it but the result is the same bad FPS the original 2.00.11.(I measure it with Fraps program) plus to enter multiplayer lobby takes 1 min.

I have to say again that if it is problem to fix it I dont mind playing the game with the different exe. It is obviosly some kind of incorporation of the security in the program issue. Which cant stop piracy anyway.

It would be good if others customers get in the discusion.

Thank you.

Sneaksie
05-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for checking!

Graphic
05-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Tried your "fixed" .exe and no improvement. I bought this game less than 4 hours ago and I already want a refund.

Look at this: http://i.imgur.com/Q2p5d.jpg

This is a disgrace. I run Wargame: European Escalation fully maxed out with SSAO at 40+ FPS and this game can't render two squads, a tank and some ugly terrain at more than 5 FPS? This "engine," if you can call it such, is a joke.

track02
05-25-2012, 03:48 PM
I've tried all the fixes listed and I'm still getting very poor fps.

Is there anything else I could try, or anyway to downgrade to an earlier patch?

Thanks.

System specs:
- Win 7
- AMD Phenom II X4 955 ~3.2Ghz
- 4gb RAM
- Nvidia GTX560 Ti

Sneaksie
05-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Developers are investigating the poor performance issue. If you're willing to help, please download and put this test executable into the game folder.

This is a test exe, it won't work normally over the Net. Please run it and create a local MP match (with you as the only player) and tell us whether you have performance problems in it or not.

sabraxat
05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I tested with same armies in the middle of a city with both my fix and the performance_test.exe and I cant find any diffrence in FPS. For me this have great chance to be the final solution.

From my observations many people have performance issues related to the bad patch 2.00.11 exe but they dont realize it because in multiplayer game the worst machine is draging all the game down.

There are too, many who for whatever reason dont have such problems.

For me good information can be obtained after test with both groups and seeing their results.It will be sad if the game ruins for the others.So would be very nice if as much as possible people can join the test.

I have to say too that this game shows a level of craftsmanship I had never seen before. The attention to details is just remarkable! It is the best I had played and I can ensure you that I had played everythings that worth but this one gets on top.

The only small thing I found missing is the ability to give chained orders with the shift key that include actions.As exaple to soldier: go this lockation - throw a grenade there- then run into cover there- and turn this dirrection. I think this will lower the micro managment a lot.

Thank you.

track02
05-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Quickly tried the modified .exe, I do seem to gain a performance boost.

Still can't tilt the camera so I'm looking "forward" though without FPS dropping to 20 and below, birds-eye is a pretty steady at ~60.

I'll test it some more with different maps when I can.

Lichpeart
06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi, I also got the same problems as above, I got the polish-english version too, after patching to 2.0 i got around 8-15 fps, I just tried the modified not gotye exe, with that i got 20-25, so its better, but then i checked the cracked exe too, and i have 40-50 fps with it at the same conditions.. so its better with the modded exe, but still not the best.

electroplted
06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
well this is just great why is it so hard for developers these days to get good codeing in their engines its stupid.

il just put my system spec's hear aswell no way in hell its a system problem i can play battle field 3 at over 60 fps on ultra at 1920x1080.

Cpu: core i7 920 revision D0 overclocked to 4.1Ghz
Gpu:Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce x3 OC
Ram: 12 Gb gskill ram at 2300 mhz
HDD:500 gb raptor and 2 gb weston digital green.

i really hope they can fix this because this game is grate and going to waste in its current state.

Dino
06-09-2012, 07:13 AM

I have Steam version. No GotY, normal version 2.00.11. Game doesn't start with this .exe file.

Developers are investigating the poor performance issue. If you're willing to help, please download and put this test executable into the game folder.

This is a test exe, it won't work normally over the Net. Please run it and create a local MP match (with you as the only player) and tell us whether you have performance problems in it or not.

Are you sure? I cannot create LAN game. LAN option cannot be selected in game menu, Skirmish is also disabled. And I can enter Net: Multiplayer->Internet->Gamespy login->Game room.

Jaybee
06-25-2012, 12:54 AM
I recently stumbled upon this thread. I have noticed that there is a stark contrast between the 1.85 version and the 2.0 version that I updated my Assault Squad to: The preformance issues come in somewhere between that 1.85 and the current version.

Somewhere along those lines, the preformance just turned to shit, to keep it simple.

In the editor mode and in any other mode, it is clear that there are immense problems with the maps in that FPS is a complete slug, no matter how powerful your system is.

My take on it would be to pick apart the 2.0 patch, and somehow pinpoint the *exact* problem-file that causes the system to slow down so much. If that specific file, and its functional relatives, can be eliminated, the preformance of the game could possibly skyrocket.

theprussianprince
06-28-2012, 08:26 AM
The last exe file (performance test) only allows for multiplayer Internet play (no LAN, no skirmish), so I just had to test by myself. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference if any, at least for me.
Processor: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz
Graphics Card: AMD HD 5850
RAM: 4 GB DDR3

bpq
06-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Please try to update You games to the newest versions.
The newest patches should contain some performance fixes.
The patches are meant for "non-Steam" versions of the game.
They can be downloaded from:

Direct links to normal version and GOTY patches
(the GOTY one contains also DLC updates):

Normal version

http://www.1cfiles.com/MoWAS_patch/mow-as-update-setup-en-2.05.13-full.zip

GOTY patch

http://www.1cfiles.com/MoWAS_patch/mow-as-goty-update-setup-en-2.05.13.zip

Quantum3
07-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Folks, I also have noticed the low performance with this amazing game, but not at the beginning of it, but after hours of playing the same map (in Skirmish mode, for example).

I know there are tons of destroyed tanks, artillery and such when it comes to an hour of playing the same map, but the geometry isn't so complex, nor there are not so many destroyable buildings in the map to say that makes it laggy.

Anyway, my system specification is:

PC with 2 real quad-cores (8 cores in total, no hyper threading), 20 GB of RAM, Win7 64 bits, huge empty space in hard disk, nothing installed more than the OS, a couple of basic programs and MoW (of course xD) and an an ATI Radeon HD of 1 GB of DDR5 (cannot remember the model). Ah, screen resolution is 1680x1050.

At first time, I can play the game very nicely (with maximum video settings), but, as long as tanks and stuff is getting into the game, starts to be laggy and I have to shut off the Antialiasing, use 16 bits in color depth and lower the anisotropic filter to 8x to play, let say, sloppy but playable.

I have the latest patches and all the game updated.

Any idea?

Tanks in advance xD

Ø3 :)

djsatane
07-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Make sure that if you playing skirmish/missions/mods alone and not in coop that you use the skirmish/single player mode and dont play skirmishes through multiplayer if you playing alone as that restricts resources.