PDA

View Full Version : Fog of war hack

gimmyabreak
03-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Seems like a lot of people are using this.

In almost every other game I play, there is someone who is able to instantly pinpoint almost anything I have in the field, and promptly shell it.

On occasions I've simply had an area staked out by officers, to make sure there were no enemy troops hidden in the area, who could possibly give away my position, then to simply watch them get picked off one by one by artillery fire.

I'm willing to believe that the line of sight mechanics are simply so screwed up in MP that enemies have eyes in the backs of their heads or whatever, but either way it seems like a patch is in order.

KnightFandragon
03-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah dude, thats kinda how it is in this game....it does at times seem hopeless. There is no Line of Sight hack that I know of but enemy infantry and other officers and snipers can spot you from quite a ways, especially if you move and are not crawling. If you move or do anything with a tank, it gets spotted from like 200 miles away. Also, are you playing with more then 1 player? If so the whole team is scouting for thier allies, much like your team should and you should as well. Its best to at first, atleast in 3v3, 2 buys infantry, single person buys a Medium tank to deal with armor......ofc are you in MoW or MoW:AS? Idk alot about AS but im assuming its not much different. It is not a hack, just infantry finding you......

gimmyabreak
03-08-2011, 04:39 AM
UH well...

I got into multi-player because I couldn't stomach the retarded AI any more, which absolutely cannot do anything right even just moving from A to B with nothing in the way.

And so now I've simply moved out of the "idiot zone" and into the "boom you're dead!" zone. Ridiculously steep learning curves are not my thing, especially when I'm going to be fighting the AI every step of they way. I think games should be about free fun, first and foremost.

Anyway, maybe I will try this again some time, but for now I'm shelving this as a failed try-out.

I WAS going to get AS because it has skirmish which looks better than anything MOW has to offer, but that was before my performance dropped to 15 FPS simply because I drove over some grass. Worst performance I've seen since GTA IV, and GTA IV had an excuse being a horrible console port-over.

All in all this could be one of the best RTS series out there, but it lack spit, polish and performance to be perfectly honest.