PDA

View Full Version : My Three Questions

Daystar
09-20-2007, 03:08 AM
1) Will there be multiple Heroes, or is it just this misterous Bill Gilbert Chap? Also, are there multiple people to marry, and if so is polygamy or gay marriage possible?

2) Will there be a map editor/random map generator released with the game, or will that be in patches/downloads/expansions?

3) I've read there is going to be a campaign thing as a main feature. What can you tell us about length, cinematics, storyline, or replayability?

Evgeny
09-21-2007, 06:56 AM
1) Will there be multiple Heroes, or is it just this misterous Bill Gilbert Chap? Also, are there multiple people to marry, and if so is polygamy or gay marriage possible?

2) Will there be a map editor/random map generator released with the game, or will that be in patches/downloads/expansions?

3) I've read there is going to be a campaign thing as a main feature. What can you tell us about length, cinematics, storyline, or replayability?

1). There will be three types of hero (Warrior, Palladin, Mage). Each of them has own appearance, biografy, characteristics and manner of playing. There won't be polygamy and gay marriages. There will be about 10 potential wives from different races and social classes. A player can have only one wife at the same time, but he can divorce as well.
2). The map editor isn't planned, but there planned add-ons with full-fledged campaigns with new plots, territories and units.
3). For completing just the plotline a player will need about 15-10 hours. The scrupulous reconnaissance of the whole gameworld will need about 40 hours. The units, chests and even some buildings are situated in different places in different games. So every new game will differ from the previous one.

Thank you for your questions!

Daystar
09-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reply!

lostn
05-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Can you name your hero, or is it always Bill Gilbert? I've seen him as a paladin and as a knight, but in all the screenshots so far, it is always Bill Gilbert. Will you be able to command multiple heroes?

Can you change the portraits, or is it only 3 in the game?

Can you play as a female character?

Daystar
05-06-2008, 04:53 AM
No, Only those, female in an expansion.

Shega
05-06-2008, 06:16 AM
You can assign any name you wish for your character and that will certainly be in use by other characters in the game. There will be one main character to control, in battles you will rule with the whole army.
There are three potraits for the hero, each one depending on the character's class - warrior, paladin or mage (and they are all male).
And you can also choose one from about twenty emblems for your character.

WannaLearnEnglish
05-25-2008, 05:31 AM
1) Also, are there multiple people to marry, and if so is polygamy or gay marriage possible?

Be happy. You can marry a frog, a zombi, a dwarf or a demoness with a lash. Although all of these are females, I think that no one can say the game is politically incorrect :-) After all, everyone has to respect the rights of frog-lovers.

WannaLearnEnglish
05-25-2008, 05:40 AM
There are three potraits for the hero, each one depending on the character's class - warrior

You know, I consider these "portraits" a major FAULT. I'm supposed to identify myself with a hero, am I not? So why not to make several portraits available?
The warrior guy really s*ks. Some would like it, I guess, but every time I see this face, supposed to be "me", I curse game's designers with all negative spells available :-)

Thus, I am forced to choose Paladin, just not to see this stupid face again, but what if I want to play Warrior?

phoenixreborn
05-28-2008, 06:37 AM
but what if I want to play Warrior?

Well how moddable is the game?

Nike-it
05-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Well how moddable is the game?

There will be no editor in the game. Maybe it will be released later with add-on, but we don't know yet.
But you can make mods by changing game files (thanks to open file format and support of LUA script language). You can look at already made mods for russian version here: http://www.kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=273 (russian language).

Shega
05-28-2008, 07:39 AM
but what if I want to play Warrior?
I am quite sure that you can overcome yourself and do this :cool:

phoenixreborn
05-28-2008, 03:07 PM
But you can make mods by changing game files (thanks to open file format and support of LUA script language).

Great!

WannaLearnEnglish
05-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I am quite sure that you can overcome yourself and do this :cool:

Initially I planned to play Warrior/Normal, then Mage/Hard and then Pal/Impossible.

Immideately I realized I would see this stupid face as "mine" for next several weeks or so, religious zeal suddenly filled my sinner's heart, I become Jolly Holy and impulsively chose Paladin/Normal instead for a starter.

Although generally I avoid "mixed" classes, in KB I'm happy with this initial choice so far. And other people also find Pal cooler than Wariror in most cases I know.

My Pal is warrior type. I MAY play Mage/Impossible for a replay. It would certainly be interesting to do it all over again, now as a PRO who knows true value of things and not as a rookie who must try new stuff.

However, the replay value of the game is low, and I DO NOT see myself playing for a third time, as a Warrior, in any observable future, given my War-type Pal experience, that stupid "Bill" (Gates?) face, and also stupid ATTITUDE of game designers.

Thank you, designers, for saving a lot of my precicious gameplay time, at least 20-30 hours, for many other things one can do in this life.

Thanks for a nice game either :-) After all, Russian version is cheap, about 10 bucks or so, and certainly costs its money anyway.