PDA

View Full Version : Things i think need to be improved and fast

SkyMonkey
03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
i think u guys really need to fix the until control of this game, they seem to always get stuck or take a bad unit pathing and get stuck or you tell a unit go go someone were and it just sits there. Also i think if u put fog of war, u need to fix the units to act appropriately, it so stupid when u put fog on to make it more real and they AI shoots from across the map with pin point precision, its just stupid when you have to keep rushing units to that keep dying from a mile away and finally some how flank them but sheer numbers its not at all tactical. At this point i say its not even worth the buy cause of these issues or recommend it to anyone cause of it is a big headache.

KnightFandragon
03-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Hmm, you playing Skirmish mode?

I havent played AS but from playing Regular MoW I can say infantry will spot the enemy tank's and other infantry from a mile away and allow you to shoot back. Also, shooting shows you up to the enemy allowing them to shoot. Running from place to place will get you seen and shot as well. Try crawling more often......you will be spotted atleast somewhat less. Use Snipers and Officers in Direct Control to Spot enemy units as well. It is tactical, you just gotta find the right tactics for the situation. As for the AI seeing through Fog of War, yeah that does get annoying, thats why I play against AI with it off but against players with it on =D Even still, you need to use some semblence of tactics...which is why I like this game so much, nothing is truly a god..... Even your all mighty King Tiger and Super Pershings can fall if your not smart with them.

Best bet is prolly using infantry as your eyes and ears on the field...mostly eyes....and then bring up a few tanks, but keep them slightly behind the lines, you then try to move your tanks back and forth across the field blasting tanks and anything the infantry cant deal with......Learn and use direct control, that seems to be the basis of this game...with it you win more, without it you lose......A Single, well Direct Controlled infantry can really make a Panzer divisions day miserable...where as a squad of 8 or 10 men told to nade a tank or zooka letting the AI handle it will simply be mowed down where they stand and pose no threat at all to anything.

I put ALL my units on Hold Position and free fire or Return fire when neccesarry, almost never hold fire, unless there is a good enough reason haha.

You will figure it out, I thought the same things when I first started....figured it was a hopeless Cause and you just couldnt win......but no, there is a way.....just gotta learn the game.

SkyMonkey
03-05-2011, 12:50 AM
hey that chould help but it doesnt make the unit control any more then still poor