PDA

View Full Version : Great game, but what about demo or advertisement?

ElenBlaster
03-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi all, am big fan of mow series and am looking forward to MOWV. But for a long time there are almost no informations, videos, screens, gameplays, demo (sp/mp) or any kind of advertisement... I know that core fans are watching, but its wasting time and chances for new players, who have no chance to spot mowv in any kind of media, if they are not looking straight for it...for example mowas tried some advertisement as re-opening beta when community reaches 20k (from 11k)...i know that most of those players will never play, but at least it helped a bit and made more people know it...and time i almost up (if nothing happend...i hope) so it would be great and usefull to release some new info, videos, advertisement and at best some demo...at least 1 mission from sp or something like that...and 1 more point, i cannot add comments in steam group, even i am a member...and it looks dead there...so pls make something, it will surely be great and inovating RTS so why hide it...btw, looking forward guys :grin:

KnightFandragon
03-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Well, there are videos on Youtube about MoW:V......Whether they are actually Vietnam or just mods made to look like Vietnam idk, but there are some there.....=D

ElenBlaster
03-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Yes, they are nice, but mostly from 1 mission (played by many players) and there are some screenshots and renders, but in comparison with mowas or overall ALL games (and most of them have biiiiig advertisment) its faaar not enough for just great game...its worth better atention...

SpeedWolf
03-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Yes is true unless your a big fan of this series you would never know about it anywhere

here is a example of what i mean

(The Outfront Series Name in the English Version)
Soldiers: Heroes of WWII (2004)
Silent Heroes (2006)
Faces of War (2006)
Men of War (2009)
Men of War: Red Tide (2009)
Men of War: Assault Squad (2011)

Upcoming
Men of War Vietnam (2011)

unless your a big fan you would have never check that the Series is older then Company of Heroes and Blitzkrieg

BestWay Prototype of Soldiers: Heroes of World War II From 2001
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWbVQUTBMAcDownload Link To The Prototype In The Video Description

Nokturnal
03-07-2011, 01:52 AM
While i do agree with what you are saying, and would love to see this game played by more people (not to mention the devs getting the recognition and $$$ that they deserve) I can't help but think it's for the best that they don't advertise all over the place or have a massive audience.

This series, along with Theatre of War, and many other games i play (diff companies so i'll refrain from mentioning them ;) ) are great games because they are made for a smaller audience and can therefore make them the way they want to. They don't feel compelled to try and get the big $$$ by catering to the average gamer who doesn't want to be challenged, who can't handle complex tactics or a game with too much realism involved. I know it sounds arrogant to talk like that, but it always seems to ring true when i see what happens to franchises i once enjoyed.

I have since abandonned all hope that the big name companies will ever do justice to an old franchise they try to make a sequel for, or "re-boot" it.
System Shock (now Bioshock), the original Battlefield games, Fallout, ALL the Tom Clancy franchise (way to go Ubisoft..) Deus Ex, and let's not forget Call of Duty (not balanced for lean?!..) - I'm sure i could think of many more but i'll try to avoid ranting too much...Too late? :-P
All have been destroyed by, as far as i can tell, greed. One could also argue that consoles becoming more and more popular have played a signifcant role in the dumbing down of games..But they still have their place in gaming, i just wish they didn't effect PC franchises so much.

This is why i am now choosing to support companies like 1C, because they are determined to keep their original fans and when/if they do alter their games, it is never to attract a simpler crowd or more money and the changes are usually minor enough that the current fans don't lose interest.

If you want the game to attract more attention, tell your friends about it. Word of mouth is the best way to get these games out into the public, it's easier to have a friend tell you about it than try find reviews or ads for it.
These are the sort of games which even most reviewers can't properly appreciate because they are not like every other generic game they have to review, and so they mark it down for being different.

Now all that having been said...I do like the idea of a demo to keep us busy until the full thing arrives :p and it does give those new to the franchise a chance to see what all the fuss is about, thankfully 1C are pretty consistent when it comes to demos, we got one for AS prior to release, so chances are there'll be one for Vietnam soon too.

SpeedWolf
03-07-2011, 02:16 PM
To: Nokturnal

I couldn't agree with you more but in my opinion Assault Squad became the dummy down version of men of war with less mode and strategy compare to the original.

i already played more then 500 game in Assault Squad and i have won 450 out of 500 game. even with that i couldn't enjoy assault squad no matter how many time i played it.

maybe i'm too old school and i'm not use to change but i do feel that assault squad have less to offer compare to the original men of war.

is just too bad that they didn't upgrade the multiplayer lobby and the poor voice acting.

i Hope men of war will not go from commandos destination berlin and end up with commandos strike force.:(

anyway that the end of my ranting and yes i am aware that not everybody will agree with my opinion.

ElenBlaster
03-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I agree with both of you guys...i can also see many games (and yes, in for ex. COD its best seen...) that are turning into mass fun and are melting together, forgetting what is typical for each of them... (and when i mentioned COD, i mean that 1st title was sooo good and its story was like a drop in war sea and now it goes into hollywood armageddon story when again and again save world and kill 2x more enemies that in the last game...i still like it, but if it goes this way...) and same it could be here...But dont forget, that AS was only a "datadisc" focused on multiplayer and wanted to draw bigger attention...which happend i think... And yes, i also dont want to see it going into COH...but on the other side, such nice a hard-to-make game is worth a bit more money then it gets...imagine most AAA titles being simple like hell with tones of scripted scenes and they earn milions - in comparison with this precessive game its not fair...so a bit more advertisement could help i think. And yes, i would be pleased not to see this game changed for newbies, but it can be simple : Just make the game its fans love and make more advertisement - and if newbies buy it and want some radical changes, just ignore them and listen the majority of its core fans...and in case of multiplayer, there should be better stats for players and there you can see whom to let play your game and whom to kick if you are looking for good players and a challenge (as me). But yes, if are guys in 1C happy with what they got, its no problem ;) But as a fan i would liiiiiike to see some smaaal demo...:grin::grin::grin:

SpeedWolf
03-07-2011, 04:00 PM
if newbies buy it and want some radical changes, just ignore them and listen the majority of its core fans

Sadly players like us are the minority and not the majority and this is a real shamed.http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon9.gif

I need a demo of Men of war:Vietnam because i'm feeling sad i want to play a good game! damn their have not been even a good movie in a long time too.

ElenBlaster
03-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Thats what am talkin about ;) its almost dead, no new info and game should be out soon...

SpeedWolf
03-07-2011, 08:03 PM
The last information i got about men of war Vietnam was 5 days ago that it will be coming soon. but it doesn't say a lot without a date of release.

There is also this one from February 16 on their Facebook pageThe game is going to be released this Spring. Watch for official release date announcement.

That it the only info i got.