PDA

View Full Version : People working on the games at 1C?!?

TruckingSulzi
09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey,

looking throught this new forum, ive found lots of games, i havent even known 1c is workin on.

How many people are u?

Do u work on several games at the same time or one after another?

TruckingSulzi

Evgeny
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank you for your question. :D

We're quit big company, so we're able to work on several projects at the same time.

TruckingSulzi
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Your welcome! :wink:
Yea, it takes alota people and some time to develope these games.

Great that yall answering so fast. :D

Anatoly
09-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey,

looking throught this new forum, ive found lots of games, i havent even known 1c is workin on.

How many people are u?

Do u work on several games at the same time or one after another?

TruckingSulzi

1C has two internal development studios. One is working on the IL-2 / Battle of Britain and the second one the Theatre of War series.
But we also work with a big number of independent developers from ex-USSR countries and Eastern Europe. The majority of the games mentioned on this forum is developed by such studios.

TruckingSulzi
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
And so is Rig´n´Roll?

I know IL2 i bought Forgotten Battles and the Sturmovike

Anatoly
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
And so is Rig´n´Roll?

I know IL2 i bought Forgotten Battles and the Sturmovike

Exactly. Rig'n'Roll is developed by SoftLab-NSK from Novosibirsk.

TruckingSulzi
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Ah yea i remember reading bout that.

planespotter
09-21-2007, 11:37 AM
If the company is big, why is it taking forever to bring Storm of War BOB to market? The project was announced for 2005 and it is now doubtful you will deliver in 2008.

Anatoly
09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
If the company is big, why is it taking forever to bring Storm of War BOB to market? The project was announced for 2005 and it is now doubtful you will deliver in 2008.

The size of the company doesn't always mean a short development period. Even acknowledged developers sometimes need many years to create a good game. Take PREY for example :) We just want to do our best with this game as we did with IL-2 Sturmonik (which was also in development for many years, but these were worth it).

planespotter
09-21-2007, 12:26 PM
I think the true fans will agree with you. :D It is better to get something fantastic that works, rather than something inferior which is rushed to market. Good luck! And godspeed!

TruckingSulzi
09-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Anatoly are u a 1C employee or are u with Softlab NSK?

And why dont they (you) post anything about Rig´n´ROll on the nsk site?

Anatoly
09-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Anatoly are u a 1C employee or are u with Softlab NSK?

And why dont they (you) post anything about Rig´n´ROll on the nsk site?

I work for 1C as it is shown in my profile.
First of all we are here to answer questions about our games. The forum link from the Rig'n'Roll web site leads to the official Russian forum and this one is for English-speaking gamers.

TruckingSulzi
09-21-2007, 12:51 PM
So we can ask you all kinds of questions about the games without having to be afraid of annoying u or even pissing u off? :D

Anatoly
09-21-2007, 12:54 PM
So we can ask you all kinds of questions about the games without having to be afraid of annoying u or even pissing u off? :D

That depends on the questions you would like to ask of course :)

Evgeny
09-21-2007, 01:03 PM
So we can ask you all kinds of questions about the games without having to be afraid of annoying u or even pissing u off?

You can ask me anything concerning the games (but in the framework of common sense of course :) ) and I will answer you or redirect your question to the person, who posesses more information (developers etc.)

TruckingSulzi
09-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Great, yea i do have some questions on Rig´n´Roll for example.

I'll post them l8r on.

Shadow
10-02-2007, 02:51 AM

The size of the company doesn't always mean a short development period. Even acknowledged developers sometimes need many years to create a good game. Take PREY for example :) We just want to do our best with this game as we did with IL-2 Sturmonik (which was also in development for many years, but these were worth it).

While I have no problem waiting for the game (SoW:BoB) to be finished to perfection, the lack of updates is somewhat frustrating.

We flight simmers are a thirsty bunch and need to hear whats going on with Oleg and company. Especially when, as stated, it was announced two years ago and nary a word for the last year. We are starting to wonder if it will actually be completed or not.

It would be nice to see some sort of regular updates here in your new forums.

Will there be any regular news updates?

heywooood
10-02-2007, 04:26 AM
yes - a good question - will there be regular SoW:BoB updates from Oleg or 1c on this board ?

can we expect any new information soon?

HenFre
10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Again - Silence - This happens every time.. Wierd.. Why not tell us why there is no updates?? Could that really be breaking some kind of contract between 1c and UBI. Don't get it.. Sorry.. It's just plain wierd..

Please tell.. Pretty please :shock:

Evgeny
10-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Well, certainly, there will be updates and all the new information will be given to you here. Thank you for your questions.

Shadow
10-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks, Evgeny

I'm looking forward to hearing something soon :)

BTW, any bones you can toss us for now?

Cheers,

HenFre
10-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Evgeny: Thanks and I´m sorry if I sound negative, but it has just been so long since any news about the game has come forward. And nobody knows why and nobody whants to tell us why.. Are you able to reveal something? Just a grain of news?? When news will come???

I just have a few more questions for you. What game do you work on and whats your job there??

And again thanks for this new forum and I actually like the colours :shock:

Best regards

Henrik

megakill
10-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Oleg will oon have his room, where he will be posting updates, etc...

Guys, please be patient. It took us over 4 years to develop the first IL-2, and next flight sim will be another jump forward. Will again set up standards in the genre for years.

HenFre
10-05-2007, 08:14 AM
megakill: Thank you very much. That´s all I needed to hear for now. Looking forward to this new forum..

What are you currently working on megakill?

Regards

Henrik

Evgeny
10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I just have a few more questions for you. What game do you work on and whats your job there??

I'm a community manager. I don't work on any game, but I have a connection with the dev teams for all our games. In fact we have two in-house dev teams: one that works on IL-2 and another that works on Theatre of War. Other games are developed by remote dev teams from other Russian cities, but I'm always in touch with them.

RAF74_Taipan
10-12-2007, 02:19 AM
S!

No 74 squadron flew in both the battle of britain and also on the western front in WW1.

We are extremely interested in both SOW BOB (WW2) and also Knights of the Sky (WW1).

Above it was mentioned that you had links to other game companies in russia. Are you linked in with Knights of the Sky development team.

For some time there was regular updates and then nothing.

http://www.gennadich.com/

Do you know anything.

As most - we are hungry for news about both new sims.

Evgeny
10-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Well, actually, we don't know anything about Knights of Sky. :(

megakill
10-12-2007, 05:54 AM
megakill: Thank you very much. That´s all I needed to hear for now. Looking forward to this new forum..

What are you currently working on megakill?

Regards

Henrik
I am currently working on bringing another very old and forgotten PC IP back to life. This was one of my favourite games when I was a kid. Would be very excited to see it redeveloped in modern environment. Stay tuned. :D

HenFre
10-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Evgeny: Thanks for the info and I hope you are ok with answering a few more questions that I have for you? Is there a direct connection between the development of Theater of War and Storm of War? Do they use the same models? Or plan to? Are you able to reveal specific requirements for the models in the games? Texture size, tri count, etc..

Megakill: What is a PC IP? I think i know that PC is Personal computer but IP? Can you reveal the titel?

Keep up the good work guys. You seem to have this forum on the right track :D

Best Regards

Henrik

Evgeny
10-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Hi, HenFre.
Well, the only connection between these two dev teams is that they both are our internal studios.
As for requirements, we can't reveal any, cause this is an internal info.
Thank you for your questions.

Brain32
10-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi Evgeny, I wanted to ask about RRG studios. They worked on one il2 add-on(actually the last one Il-2 '46), are they a part of 1C?
It's their "Project Galba"(that is suppose to use SoW engine) I'm highly interested in, so I would like to know if they will have a forum and updates/developement shots here also...
Thx.

Evgeny
10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
RRG is a separate company, that has a contract-based cooperation with 1C.

Brain32
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Thx for the fast reply :D

Takeda
10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Hello there!

Well guys I just made my account on forum today.Actually made it couse of my holly quest for solving problem with ATTT bug.Than (as any common manager on his vacation) I shooted few more topics and found my self browsing arround the forum like kid in pile of biscuites 8)

Than Couldn't resist , had to say something ( again professional deformation , I admit) ; I would just like to say that I really like to see that "eastern" brains making fine break trough the market bringing fresh ideas,solutions and warm feelings in games where ever I play.For long time all that small independent studios was developing unfinished or badly brushed products on market (well guess we all know why ) sunking potentional jewells of games just becouse they HAD to let it go as it is ( again, we all know why I guess).
Please stop that, I want to see that games coming out polished and finalised as it should be and I want to see that games filling our local (or more wide) gaming magazines without usual coments of unfinished buisness . You guys from 1C know that better than me ( I am not in any kind of Gaming job) ,first of all PLEASE relese that online store or whatever it is so we can buy games! as someone already mentioned it I had to by accident bump on my employee and cought him playing ATTT in working time to find out what great potential that game have/had (I tooked game from his PC with that dangerus eye look and bring it to my home wasting my vacation on game play hihih) .More targeted and focused marketing please for all projects you working on atm.Make this forum get on LVL when it will be overcrowded by inpatient people screaming for game.Most of them really diserves it.And keep that warm Sloven touch in them.It is indeed unique.

Best regards and sorry about lousy English

Evgeny
10-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Thank you for the warm words, we do our best to meet your needs and we're going to keep on doing it. :wink: Thank you once more!

Shrike_UK
10-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Evgeny,
Would it be possible for 1C to consider making a title on similar lines to Rainbow6:RavenShield. As the R6 series has now pretty much died, but has a huge following of classic R6 fans, but they have no decent game now and are forced to find other arcade FPS. There seems to be a gap in the market now for a realistic PC based tactical FPS, Granted, i have looked at Death to spies, but i prefer shooting the guns a bit more, not too much of this sneaking around stuff.
-keeping it just realistic special forces rather than the fiction Rainbow team.
-Would be very cool to have Spetznaz and all others like SAS, SBS, GIGN, G9, Delta etc...
-A game where you can plan missions of assault on buildings, hostage rescue, have realistic weapons for each different elite forces team too.
-where you can have a team of 8 people doing an assault together, so you can work as a team to cover each other, smoke, flashbang, etc.
-a game where such things are modelled like the power of some guns/bullets affect on body armour acurately modelled etc.. so that you have to fine tune your approach for each mission from your intelligence on the terrorists in order to be really effective.

Evgeny
10-30-2007, 11:38 AM
There is a game by 1C called 7.62, it's the third person tactics game, and it's very realistic, hope you'll like it, despite it's not a shooter. The game is going to be released in summer 2008.