PDA

View Full Version : Modding tool revisited. (Ideas And Wanted features.)

TurbloCummins
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
So I read from a older post that there will be a editor tool for the game, so that being said does anyone from the community have any experience using editor tools in any other game and what kinda options do you wanna see come with the mod tool?

When I get home and not on my cell ill write up my editor wish list. :)

ShawnK116
03-02-2011, 08:48 PM
i have used editors for map making and stuff

cs:s
far cry 1 and 2
UT2004
editor for several steam games,forget the name right off the top my head:-P
those are the ones i used the most but i have used others

canadiancrawler
03-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I just want to be able to make my own maps with huge mud pits and awesome obstacles.

I have tons of experience using Giants Editor for Farming Simulator and i always made my own maps with a little off road part to them.

I also have a little experience with Google sketch up 7 , Blender & 3DS Max and would love to be able to import my own models and objects to the map .

ShawnK116
03-02-2011, 09:02 PM
aw man how i would love to be able to do some importing:!: that would make my day. i would probably start with sketch up pro and then once i got the hang of importing then move bk to what i have now(just got it)so gotta learn it's new features 3DS 2011.
but i guess before all that we gotta get the full game so we can see exactly what file types are used as well as how they are setup in the folders.:cool:

TurbloCummins
03-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Yea The main features I'm looking for are detailed map editor with preloaded objects and everything kinda like the cry engine editor! And if we are able to import custom made vehicles ill be a happy wheeler! Ill go more in depth later on all the things the devs could realese for us to use when editing.

TurbloCummins
03-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Ok, now that im home! Now to start with my little wish list is the Map editor that will probly come with the game.

1. I hope it is able to randomly generate a terrain not just a course.
2. Have the option for small to large size maps.
3. Make it easy for a noob like me to make a decent map.

And for truck editing my only hope is we can use peices from the trucks that are coming with the game (like the tires, gas cans, winches, etc..)

If any game devs read through this and can maybe give us any ideas on how the editor will work that would be awsome!