PDA

View Full Version : A bit boring/repetitive?

vorius
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM
I am about to finish my third USA Operation Overlord map against Germany and it's all deja vu again except the terrain.

For each of the three maps it's basically the same exact setup repeated except the map terrain is different - one is french country side, next is a city, third is snowy forest.

But they each have the same number of capture points, which provide the same reinforcement bonuses in pretty much exactly the same positions on the map and the defenders are pretty much the same positions with the same equipment doing the same thing. With the same German reinforcements being generated as you capture the points and move up. Even their rear base is the same with the two rocket launchers and flak guns.

It literally feels like they just copy + pasted the entire German defense and reinforcement script and pasted it on three different maps and gave them different names.

Does it get better?

Zeke Wolff
03-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Try changing the difficulty level: It will make it much harder and the enemy gets different stuff, which will make the different missions to feel more different, but the flag positions is always the same though.

~Zeke.

Cpre5
03-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Ya its hard to me to finish a map in one sitting now. After doing the US and German levels I'm now bored with the Flags being in the same position.

commanderz
03-02-2011, 05:35 AM
same here....i wish some 1 will mod the skirmish ...and unlock more stuff like the MP....;)

classic_leon
03-02-2011, 11:28 AM
The incoming DCG2.5 will make this unique "Skirmish" look better IMO.