PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Dead. Is there a fix?

Feathered_IV
02-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi chaps,

My first post here after buying MOW and Red Tide last year. I just tried the Assault Squad demo, and one thing I noticed is that the destroyed men and vehicles fade away and disappear after a certain time, or after a certain number of more recently destroyed units occur. One thing I liked about the previous two titles is that the wrecked objects seemed to stay on the field to the end. Is there some way I can configure things in the full game so these destroyed objects stay?

mrfisse
03-01-2011, 12:59 AM
I just threw in "Ty's Xtra FX" mod for the original Men Of War and it seems to work as intended. Corpses stay much longer and the tanks etc don't vanish. The battlefields tend to get extremely cluttered after a while though.

Lochar
03-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I just threw in "Ty's Xtra FX" mod for the original Men Of War and it seems to work as intended. Corpses stay much longer and the tanks etc don't vanish. The battlefields tend to get extremely cluttered after a while though.

Might have to try this myself as that is my main beef with game right now other than no squad based mission. I have been using supply trucks more since it's suicide to try looting corpses these days unless you do it immediately after rushing a position.

Plus I liked the wrecks for cover and with them disappearing you don't have as much.