PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Kai
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I played the demo, and loved it, but i have 2 questions:

What is the release date in Europe?

What will be the anti-copy protection used? I hope it´s not starforce, it would be a shame if the only people who play the game without installing "malware" (a.k.a. starforce drivers) are pirates. Any other system would be fine for me, never had problem with them

Anatoly
09-19-2007, 05:33 AM
I guess that the release date might differ a bit in different countries, but we are currently aiming at a October - November release. So expect the game pretty soon.
As for the copy-protection system, it is a question more to the European distributor of the game - Nobilis. BTW as far as I know the new generarion of StarForce doesn't write any files, it uses only online key activation.

Kai
09-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the fast reply, and good work with the game!! :D

Theocrat
09-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Nobilis is going to release the game in 1 week here.

Gorguss
10-03-2007, 07:16 AM
The release date was 28th of september for the Scandinavian release. I ordered the game a couple of days ago and it is currently in the mail. Looking forward to get my filthy paws on it. It is already sold out at the reseller :shock: Guess they didn't expect so many to actually order it.

Guardian
10-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Sorry, I didn't want to start a new thread, so I picked up this one. Mine is a noob question :oops: :P

...If I'm playing both campaigns (human and orc) using same profile it will allow me to finish human, then last few scenarios from orc campaign and it will unlock elves, right? I mean, if I'm playing human and after 5th battle I'm starting New Campaign - Orcs. My progress in Human Campaign won't be erased, right?

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 07:34 AM
To Guardian

Yes, you are right.

gamerboots
11-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I personally wont buy any game that has copy protection and requires you to have the cd in the drive to play - my reasons are quite clear on this one :
You pay for the software and IF the game requires that the cd be in the drive , then you should be allowed to copy it for the simple fact that the cd will eventually wear out which would make your investment in the software a waste - it could last a month , 2 months , or 2 years but the bottom line is , the customer is the one who gets ripped on it -> have you ever tried to replace a play disk on a game 5 years old ? You cant unless the company / distributor is still making them! however, if they were not copy protected and you happen to have a copy of your investment somewhere then your not at a total loss when that cd breaks.
I also object to purchasing games that require a play disk to play a game because I have 100+ gig hard drives , and therefore its my opinion that its nothing but sheer stupidity for companies to require you to stick in cd to play a game when everything needed to play the game Should be placed on the hard-drive. Ofcourse I dont mind purchasing online because there is no cd in that case and always a copy of your investment available providing ofcourse that the company doesn't go broke or close.

Skelos
11-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Ofcourse I dont mind purchasing online because there is no cd in that case and always a copy of your investment available providing ofcourse that the company doesn't go broke or close.

You can purchase "Fantasy Wars" online here:
http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=222&category_id=8&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14&vmcchk=1#info

Anatoly
11-08-2007, 05:38 AM
The game is already available in Germany and will be shipped to retailers in North America today.