PDA

View Full Version : lack of units in skirmish

crash6674
02-26-2011, 03:19 AM
There is a ton of stuff that you cant get in skirmish mode, why can you not get all the diffrent types of vehicles and people? You are limited to a crappy five types of tanks when there are like two dozen you can get in multiplayer. What the hell. Is there a way to edit in the rest of the units? please help, this is the exact same problem with company of heroes and why I loved this game so much. Better yet can you edit in all the units from all sides to be available to play with?

psycho pigeon
02-26-2011, 07:41 PM
wtf there's more units? maybe a piracy thing, to get people to buy the game to play multi

psycho pigeon
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
holy snagglepuss, YOU'RE RIGHT! There's so many more JUICY units on multiplayer... WTF ???

KnightFandragon
02-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Well, unless the editor has seriously changed im sure with enough messing around you can edit in more stuff. At any rate im sure you could probably START the round with a heap of stuff.....I dont have AS but when i do I will defs look at the editor, I have so much fun with it now haha

Fansadox
02-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I agree with OP here. I dont like MP at all and why the hell am i not able to buy all the other stuff from the resources i get?

Im almost at a point where regret that i bought it. Red tide was a huge let down for me but this seem to be even worse. And besides the limited unit choice why the hell is there only skirmish mode?

If someone figures out how you can unlock the resource menus for other units then please let us know.

totte1015
02-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I agree with OP here. I dont like MP at all and why the hell am i not able to buy all the other stuff from the resources i get?

Im almost at a point where regret that i bought it. Red tide was a huge let down for me but this seem to be even worse. And besides the limited unit choice why the hell is there only skirmish mode?

If someone figures out how you can unlock the resource menus for other units then please let us know.

1+ i am also a little dissapointed on the sp and lack of units...

psycho pigeon
02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I ended up buying the game and probably won't play single player again, MP is too much fun and more tactical.

Nokturnal
02-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Wow i'd hate to make a game for some of you people. Such a hard group to please.
Put in all the units and some will cry it's not historically accurate, don't include them all and others cry they haven't got enough options.

This is why they released a demo - Nobody forced you to buy the game without trying it first. You had the option the play the demo first, so if you still went and bought it you have nobody but yourself to blame for being dissapointed.

Sorry, i just find it hard to be sympathetic. I thought it would of been clear that the units would be limited in the skirmish, as they were in the demo - If everything was available what would stop the player from simply buying the best units and winning with minimal effort? Once again, if that had been an option i bet some people would be complaining about it.

Can't please everyone. Just be happy you have skirmish mode at all - Many people were waiting for it since the original MoW(or even back with SOWWII).
They could of simply released an MP only game and avoided all the complaints, and i'd say they are now wishing they did...

I tried the demo, saw it wasn't what i was looking for, and passed on the full version - I'm sure others had enough common sense to do that too.

Perhaps someone with a bit of skill can edit the skirmish missions to unlock the rest of the units. Kane seems to have quite a bit of experience with modifying MoW, but i'm not sure he's got into AS yet.

drgroth
03-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I was planning to buy the game strictly for the single player skirmish. One of the worst things about MOW was the limitations in vehicles. I never even saw a Panther for example, let alone bieng able to use one. Is there a skirmish map that allows us to use the late-model german tanks? If not I will not buy this game.

The extreme focus on multi-player was a mistake for MOW:AS.

Company of Hero's had a great skirmish game, and i was hoping that MOW:AS would have one that was at least as flexible and accesible.

Apparently not, from the coments I'm reading...

kane1
03-03-2011, 01:50 AM
THANKS Nokturnal, I've been messing with the Demo but if I can't find a DISK to buy I don't think I'm going to get it. I love the game btw. Been playing THEATRE OF WAR 2: Kursk 1943. Beautiful game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYd-qCHG8mc

Sorry for the off-topic shameless plug!

psycho pigeon
03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow i'd hate to make a game for some of you people. Such a hard group to please.
Put in all the units and some will cry it's not historically accurate, don't include them all and others cry they haven't got enough options.

This is why they released a demo - Nobody forced you to buy the game without trying it first. You had the option the play the demo first, so if you still went and bought it you have nobody but yourself to blame for being dissapointed.

Ever played any of the other game modes? They could have just put timers on the other units.... You don't even have the game, do not comment again unless you intend to support the company.

kane1
03-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Ever played any of the other game modes? They could have just put timers on the other units.... You don't even have the game, do not comment again unless you intend to support the company.

Hey man, what's with your comment on my YT vid? :confused: