PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the game?

Evgeny
09-18-2007, 02:16 PM
We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about King's Bounty: The Legend. What are you waiting from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts. :)

Daystar
09-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Awesome looking game, my only request is that a demo come out soon!

Evgeny
09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Thank you for your answer. As for the demo, we can't give you any exact information yet. We will let you know, if there is any changes.

Cepheus
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
The game looks stunning. I love the graphics and a lot of the quirky new concepts. My main requests would include a nice story-based campaign and a good map editor. Both would definitely increase the game's lasting appeal.

znork
09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Ill be honest hope it helps.

1 the graphics looks low end and fake i dont know what engin you are yousing. But if that makes the game faster and can run on lower end computers it might be a good thing.

2 The battelfield looks small

3 and making it a rts well that makes it not my kinde of game.

4 Since you are not denying using SF that makes me realy worried. Its sad but youre team can make the best game ever but SF will destroy it.

Withe more info on the game you could get more feed back. But just rember this the old games are fun becuse they focused on the playing and not the grapchics.

Well i wish you luck hope you make a good game.

unrealaz
09-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Overall the game looks superb.
The fantasy feeling is there.
My only concern is that no betatest has been anounced for this game. I know it's not common for russian developers to do that but it's a great way to iron out the bugs, promote the game and many other advantages.

The battlefield seems scalable.
What I like most is the spells.
What I don't like is the absence of castles. I know those won't be in.
Really hope the random maps will be great.

Zamolxis
09-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Overall the game looks superb.
The fantasy feeling is there.
My only concern is that no betatest has been anounced for this game.
I express the same enthousiasm & concern. ;)

Regarding the fantasy feeling - as a HoMM fan - I'll add that the "Heroes feeling" is there.

To soothe down znork's worries a bit (btw, how do you feel as a freshly married man, buddy? :)), not only does the battlefield come in different sizes, but it also comes in different shapes. Idea has great potential, hope they implement it well.

My two fav games (HoMM & Civ) are TBS. But the next in line (AoE, EE, AoM etc) are all RTS. So there is hope the game will be very much on my taste - only thing left to see if it can beat HoMM without being a TBS.

One last thing not pointed above, is the skill system. I know there wasn't one in KB, but HoMM fans will really miss it if not there (as I see in the screenshots). This is for me a bigger concern than the beta or the RTS thing, especially because the game is probably too advanced to do much about probably.

Daystar
09-20-2007, 02:02 AM
The game looks good, visually impressive. I think what I like most is the way all the units look very individual. In a lot of RTSs, you get units that look very simmilar because they have simmilar weapons. However, with this game, it's not, "Okay, that's a guy on a horse, and that's a guy on a better horse..." it's "Okay, that's a dragon, that's an orc. Bye Bye Orc."

There is also a lot of customizability, esspecially with the way units have alternate Upgrades/Versions, without going into the afforementioned territory. My only worry is about making a mistake about what something is, and that should be hammered out after like a few seconds of gameplay.

I don't know what Starforce is exactly, but it sounds bad, please don't have it.

How customizable is the game? Is it limited just to a Map Editor, or will editing the game files be possible, and if so, how easy/hard? Moddability makes games last longer.

Loco Blutaxt
09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
As most of the previous speakers I think the game looks superb! I can't tell something about gameplay and other things since there is no demo but I'm really looking forward for the game (and the upcoming english website for it!)!

Here my concerns:

1. I don't think having no open beta test is a very good idea. Look at the story of creating Heroes V and what improvements there was to the game because of the open beta!

2. Starf*** is a NO GO! I'm really looking forward for the game since I heard of it the first time but Starf*** is a reason for me not to buy it.

3. I have a question affecting gameplay and multiplayer features: Will there be a hot seat mode? (and if "yes": ) How will it be implemented since there is this real-time RPG-part of the game?

Greetings
Loco Blutaxt

Evgeny
09-21-2007, 05:41 AM
One last thing not pointed above, is the skill system. I know there wasn't one in KB, but HoMM fans will really miss it if not there (as I see in the screenshots).

Certainly, there will be the skill system. There will be 3 trees of skills (Power, Spirit, Magic) and each of them will contain 12 sub-skills. Different heroes specialize in different skills.

How customizable is the game? Is it limited just to a Map Editor, or will editing the game files be possible, and if so, how easy/hard? Moddability makes games last longer.

Yes, editting files will be possible, but it isn't decided yet to what extent.

2. Starf*** is a NO GO! I'm really looking forward for the game since I heard of it the first time but Starf*** is a reason for me not to buy it.

3. I have a question affecting gameplay and multiplayer features: Will there be a hot seat mode? (and if "yes" How will it be implemented since there is this real-time RPG-part of the game?

As for starforce, it depends on the european/north-american distributor (Nobilis/Atari). It's up to them to decide.
As for hot seat mode, there won't be such mode, only single-player mode will be presented. But later the multiplayer add-ons are planned to be released.

krs
09-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Well... My first impression was... Wow! Nice game.

I like:
Graphics : they give a fantasy feeling.
RTS elements : makes the game more dinamyc.
Huge Bosses ideea!
Bosses and Boss spells looked awsome in the videos.
Resizable battle fields! It's kind of boring to play on the same field.

Question marks:
Will there be no hero skills? like H5? If not Big! minus.
I play H5 25% single player, 10%Multiplayer, and rest I play HOT SEAT! For me its a must.
What about castles like in H5? Or at least like in disciplesII?

But to bu it... I need to be convinced by a demo :)

krs

Evgeny
09-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Well... My first impression was... Wow! Nice game.

I like:
Graphics : they give a fantasy feeling.
RTS elements : makes the game more dinamyc.
Huge Bosses ideea!
Bosses and Boss spells looked awsome in the videos.
Resizable battle fields! It's kind of boring to play on the same field.

Question marks:
Will there be no hero skills? like H5? If not Big! minus.
I play H5 25% single player, 10%Multiplayer, and rest I play HOT SEAT! For me its a must.
What about castles like in H5? Or at least like in disciplesII?

But to bu it... I need to be convinced by a demo

Thank you for your questions.

The skills system will be certainly presented in the game.
As for hot seat, it won't be presented in the game. But later the add-ons are planned, where you'll see multiplayer.
And the castles will be presented.

As for demo, it is going to be released, but it's not decided yet when. We will inform you about it as soon as possible.

Daystar
09-21-2007, 11:12 AM
In some of the vids, I have seen monsters following the hero, but I only remember it with Zombies, which were slow. Does the monster chase speed represent their speed in combat?

Also, when do we get to see the last spirit of rage? They're all cool, death looks awesome!

Dendroid Arch
09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Euhm, sorry to say this, but I'm really a noob concerning KB. Could someone tell me what the difference is between KB and HoMM5? In terms of overall gameplay and objectives?

Evgeny
09-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Euhm, sorry to say this, but I'm really a noob concerning KB. Could someone tell me what the difference is between KB and HoMM5? In terms of overall gameplay and objectives?

Thank you for your interest, in few days the new site for King's Bounty: The Legend is going to be launched. There will be presented the information about the game, its history, etc. When the site will launched we will inform you about it and the official announcement will be on the home page www.1cpublishing.eu .

Dendroid Arch
09-21-2007, 12:17 PM

Thank you for your interest, in few days the new site for King's Bounty: The Legend is going to be launched. There will be presented the information about the game, its history, etc. When the site will launched we will inform you about it and the official announcement will be on the home page www.1cpublishing.eu .

Thank you very much. I have to say, you moderators are quicker than those of HoMM :) ( no offense to HoMM ofcourse )

Evgeny
09-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Thank you very much. I have to say, you moderators are quicker than those of HoMM ( no offense to HoMM ofcourse )

You are welcome. Happy to work for you. :D

Daystar
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
In some of the vids, I have seen monsters following the hero, but I only remember it with Zombies, which were slow. Does the monster chase speed represent their speed in combat?

Also, when do we get to see the last spirit of rage? They're all cool, death looks awesome!

Evgeny
09-24-2007, 06:18 AM

Yes, you can estimate their speed in the combat according to their speed on the map.
You'll see the last spirit of rage in a couple of weeks. It will be an ice girl. :)

Daystar
09-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Awesome! Contradicts the theory I posted on Celestial Heavens 30 seconds ago, but an Ice girl is way cooler than what I came up with.

2 questions: The combat dialogue keeps saying "Has died rot Zombies 12" and other gramatical errors of the like. Will this be corrected (Sorry, I have an overzealous gammatical sense)

Second question: How will creature alternates/upgrades be handled? Eg, there is Snake -> Royal Snake. Is it that you can buy the snake, and you can buy the Royal Snake for more, or do you have to buy the Snake, then upgrade it at a special building?

Btw, about names: They are quite good. Rot Zombie, Royal Snake, Lake Fairy, all very good, not the traditionally uncreative stuff.

Evgeny
09-25-2007, 06:02 AM
2 questions: The combat dialogue keeps saying "Has died rot Zombies 12" and other gramatical errors of the like. Will this be corrected (Sorry, I have an overzealous gammatical sense)

Second question: How will creature alternates/upgrades be handled? Eg, there is Snake -> Royal Snake. Is it that you can buy the snake, and you can buy the Royal Snake for more, or do you have to buy the Snake, then upgrade it at a special building?

1). Certainly, after the game will be localized by european/US publishers Nobilis/Atari, there won't be any grammatical mistakes.
2). You won't be able to upgrade creatures, but you can hire some types of them or be awarded with. Some creatures has 3-4 type, e.g. The Spiders can be Poisonous, Cave, Cursed and Fire. The exclusion is made for the Priests, who can be upgraded to the Inquisitors by a player, if he learns the corresponding skill.

Thank you for your questions.

znork
09-25-2007, 06:23 AM
1 Im intrested in som info on how you intend to incorperate rts in this game?

2 If you plan to have hot seat how is it gona be posibel in a rts game ?

As for SF dont you guys choose whos youre publisher is? Oh well ill dropp it, you know what people think.

Evgeny
09-25-2007, 06:38 AM
1 Im intrested in som info on how you intend to incorperate rts in this game?

2 If you plan to have hot seat how is it gona be posibel in a rts game ?

As for SF dont you guys choose whos youre publisher is? Oh well ill dropp it, you know what people think.

Well, you know, King's Bounty:The Legend isn't a RTS game.
King’s Bounty: The Legend is a role-playing game with turn-based tactical combats. The main hero explores the world in real time mode. His character reveals as he improves skills, communicates with NPCs and accomplishes quests – just like in any other classical RPG. Speaking about the adventures - this game is a bit like Fallout. The player has the opportunity to travel around the world, deal with different characters, gather the resources and develop his skills.
When collision with enemy occurs the game becomes similar to Heroes of Might and Magic and even more similar to its ancestor – King’s Bounty with action points. The turn-based battles are held in special arenas.

As for our publisher, we've chosen him. It is Nobilis in Europe and Atari in USA.

Zamolxis
09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Priests, who can be upgraded to the Inquisitors...
One reason why some Heroes fans didn't like Ubi's H5 was the fact that Nival copied too much from Warhammer, which made the game partly unoriginal.

Inquisitors were never part of the Heroes universe, and their use in H5, together with other Warhammer units, were the cause of many flamed threads on the Heroes forums.

As the Heroes fans disappointed in H5 are maybe the main group of gamers looking very much forward to KB, are you planning to disappoint them as well, or on the contrary - trying to avoid the use of these Warhammer units (like the Inquisitor)?

Daystar
09-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Zamolxis, it is important to remember that creatures from Warhammer were all made up, and none of them had any historical or mythical precedence. Inquisitors were not the Churches Gestapo a long time ago, that was all just in people's head because they were having psychic visions of modern day Warhammer.

Anyway, thanks for all the news, its so good to be able to talk to designers!

Zamolxis
09-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Here we go again...

Daystar (and I hope 1C pays attention also), you can't just throw a name which meant sth in history in the game, and say it's fantasy unrelated to history.

You can't create a good race - let's call it "Nazi" - and an evil race - let's call it "Jews", and tell the public is pure fantasy and expect them to digest it.

You can't put in the game an Angel without wings, a Centaur with the body of a chicken, a Cyclop with 2 eyes and so on. Any name you use binds you to a certain representation.

There are 2 reasons both Nival & 1C don't see what's wrong with inquisitors:

1. Russia was never touched by the Inquisition, especially in its most cruel form, and both developers are Russian (and unfortunately both Warhammer fans it seems). So the Inquisition didn't leave a trauma in people's mind there, like the holocaust among the Jews. And on forums this doesn't get much reaction, because for example Americans also didn't have to deal with it much - but it would be a totally different story if the game would have Ku Klux Klan-like creatures portraiting Priest's upgrade.

2. People tend to forget. We're all still sensitive to the use of Nazi or Klan symbols, because their crimes are less than 100 years old. But we all forgot (or don't care anymore) of what the Inquisition did in the previous centuries.

I am a religious person, and the Inquisition did to the people sharing my believes same thing as the Nazis did to the Jews. I am therefore going to support or protest against the game, buy or not buy the game, depending on 1C's choice of removing the Inquisitors from the game.

krs
09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
@Zamolxis -> You realize that Zamolxis was a pagan! god? :)

Daystar
09-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I totally understand your veiw point. I really don't have anything to counter that with, so I won't try. However, this might work for you: Try thinking about Inquisitors not as just units, but as a way of reminding people about the past, which might help them never repeat the terrors from before.

Zamolxis
09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
@Zamolxis -> You realize that Zamolxis was a pagan! god? :)
:) I never said I'm a fanatic Christian. I reject anything that leads to fanaticism (hence my rejection towards inquisitors). For the same reason maybe I also dislike the pejorative term "pagan". Zamolxis belongs to the religion of my ancestors, and I respect that. I don't consider him as a real god (in which case I wouldn't use it as a user name), but more like a mythic figure.

@Daystar: Thanks for your reply. It's a way more friendlier and open for dialogue one, then what I got on a Heroes forum (some catholic with a "rot in hell you pagans!" attitude, trying to convince me of all the good things inquisition did, or a non-believer who said he would have all religious people like me burned alive). I don't mind the use of the inquisitor per se, but the way it is used, as an upgrade to Priest. For my taste I wouldn't bother if it would be the result of a fanatic priest, possesed by a demon (some kind of cross-creature between alignments), but I see why that might look offensive for some conservative catholics, hence my request to avoid using it at all.

They could have gone for Priest of Light (creature belonging to the Might & Magic universe, unlike Warhammer's inquisitor). Or - if the creature indeed has a lot of powers - Prophet (a more suitable upgrade to a priest, blessed by god with supernatural powers). Both choices would have been unoffensive for any religion, unlike this one, which symbolizes the oppresion of a still pretty powerful church against all others.

znork
09-26-2007, 06:24 PM
So zam dosent this smell like the good old days? You ranting about names and me leading the charge against StarForce.

Oh well some things never change!

Daystar
09-26-2007, 07:39 PM
All we need is Orffin going on about Werewolves. :P

If modding of the game is possible, it might be good to make a mod that changes the name of the Inquisitor to Prophet (excellent name, btw)

Evgeny
09-27-2007, 06:25 AM
To Zamolxis

We respect your views and try to explain you what is meant by this unut.

Well, the first thing is that the term "Inquisitor" is used only in Russian version of the game, and the publisher in your country will decide how to translate this term.
Then, this term is used in many games, (e.g. Heroes 5), so this is not smth extraordinary.
And finally, in KB:The Legend inquisitors counter the undeads represented by necromancers. And that's why the gate between the world of deads and of alives are sealed. So they are representatives of the Good.

Thank you for your post, it's very important for us to know your attitude to the features of the games.

Zamolxis
09-27-2007, 06:40 PM
...this term is used in many games, (e.g. Heroes 5), so this is not smth extraordinary.
With all the respect, if you mention "many games", please list at least 4-5 except for Heroes & Warhammer - which I already mentioned myself above. Personally I don't know any except for these two, and the use of Inquisitor in Heroes 5 was already controversial (apart from the religious argument, this unit was never part of NWC's KB+Heroes universe, and some fans were not happy to have it imported from Warhammer).

On top of that, I hope you understand that when it's a matter of principles or religious beliefs, the fact that it was used in another game is by no means a helping argument. If the unit is there, I will simply not buy the game, same as I have never purchased a copy of Warhammer or Heroes V, nor have I ever played them or support them in any way, except for the beta period of Heroes V.

My involvement in the Heroes V development was because they used a different name for that unit during the beta and because of a promise from the producer that they will consider renaming the unit. The fact that they kept the inquisitor name without even some sort of appology, was rude to say the least, and made me regret I've helped them so much. My only copy of Heroes V was received for free from Ubisoft as reward for my contribution, but is laying on the bottom of box from the day of the release. I never played it and the only reason I didn't throw it or sell it on ebay was out of respect for Fabrice Cambounet who gave his personal autograph on it.

And finally, in KB:The Legend inquisitors counter the undeads represented by necromancers. And that's why the gate between the world of deads and of alives are sealed. So they are representatives of the Good.
Well, what you use as pro argument, is actually what I feared the most about the unit. An inquisitor respresenting the Good. The young gamers (who don't much care what Inquisition was anymore) will grow up associating inquisitors with Good, with the fight against Evil. You say in the game they counter the Death (undeads & necromancers), while in real life they were the ones bringing the Death (through torture & burning people alive). You place them among the Good mythic figures, while their place is with the Nazis & the Ku Klux Klan. So, in a way, using them like this is as irresponsible as the use of Nazis or KKKs or terrorist suicide bombers as Good units.

Thank you for your post, it's very important for us to know your attitude to the features of the games.
Thank you also.

Best regards!

Daystar
09-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Zamolxis, would you be willing to play HV if we (myself or someone from HC) made a mod that renamed the Inquisitor to Prophet, Archpreist, or some other name, as well as editing the descriptions? Which would be followed up by doing the same for King's Bounty if the situation persists.

Zamolxis
09-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Zamolxis, would you be willing to play HV if we (myself or someone from HC) made a mod that renamed the Inquisitor to Prophet, Archpreist, or some other name, as well as editing the descriptions?
Yes, of course.

There was a similar mod which changed the name back to the "Cleric" from the beta. I almost gave it a shot, but the game was too bugy upon release, plus there were few other changes that I didn't like (some last minute - like the hideous Treant for example). But I do remember praising the guy who created the mod. As that's an old mod, I doubt it's compatible with HoF and the latest patches. But now that most bugs are fixed, I'd gladly give the game another chance, if the appropriate mods would be available - particularly updated versions of the Cleric (/Prophet/Archpriest/Priest of Light/etc) & Treant mods that were created back then. If you manage to create them - many thanks!

Which would be followed up by doing the same for King's Bounty if the situation persists.
Let's hope 1C will be more flexible than Ubi and will spare us the effort. ;)

Daystar
09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
No problem, I'll get people from HC on it soon, but the Tribes of the East Demo just came out, that kind of takes precedence for me. I'll let you know.

Btw: @1C: I am BEGGING you in the name of every diety in every religion since the first caveman looked at the sky and went "Ug Ug" please DO NOT use file planet, just put the demo through your own website. Please please please please please.

Zakhal
09-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Gotta see demo to give out any opinnions allthough the fact that its a kings bounty remake is reason enough allready to buy it. :P

Cepheus
10-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I have a quick question: who is this Bill Gilbert character? Is he a default hero, a campaign character or something else?

Evgeny
10-02-2007, 05:41 AM
Well it's going to be a default hero.

Cepheus
10-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Okay, thank you.

Daystar
10-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Well it's going to be a default hero.

"It"? The character has neutral gender, for the first time ever in a fantasy video game? Shazbot, I wanted to be the first to do that.

Guardian
10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
To the games with good Inquisitor units I can add Disciples, and propably there are some other games out there with same stuff as well.

Zamolxis, I understand Your position, but You see, I'm sure that every kid interested in unit's names will find Inquisition Wiki entry and will be able to read as much as he likes of Loyola and other, khem, "brethren". Of course that this whole inqusition thing and witchhunt was an abominable part in our history, but the game is A Fantasy. Alternative world. Ok? So in this particular world inquisitors are not rotten pigs that prey on innocent, they are defenders of faith or whatever. There is plenty of fantasy books where good characters are bad and the other way around, not necessarily about good Nazi nations fighting evil Jews xPPPP.
Take a comic book "Spawn", where neither Heaven nor Hell gives a **** about our souls, all that counts to them is power. Etc, etc.

So basically, everything is possible in fantasy world, even You playing King's Bounty with Inqusitors and burning all oppossition in fiery death instead being a good boy, just for the sake of historal accuracy - Your game, Your call.
To me it would be a much bigger problem to see a Dragons that look like chickens, elves like refugees from a war zone and dwarves that are being a joke, i.e. "You don't toss a dwarf", which was the lamest part of Jackson's "art" I've ever seen :wink:

My opinion only.

Daystar
10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Uh, who's Jackson?

Oh, and here is a mod to de-inquisitor Heroes V: Link (http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=23669)

Guardian
10-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I meant Peter Jackson, movie director.

Daystar
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Ah.

Theocrat
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
With all the respect, if you mention "many games", please list at least 4-5 except for Heroes & Warhammer - which I already mentioned myself above. Personally I don't know any except for these two

And 3: http://hry.cinemax.cz/inquisitor/

And 4: http://www.disciples2.com/D2/

heroes99
10-07-2007, 04:55 AM
After I playing fantasy War , 1C has become my favorite developer ..thank you so much , me and my buddies are buying Fantasy War and the list is growing ... :D

Looking forward to King Bounty and was shocked at first when someone mention the word RTS , how could this game be a RTS genre ...

and then further reading has comfort me that the RTS thing is something like fallout or jagged Alliance style...in my humble opinion it is good

So looking forward to this game and you can count me and my group buddies for support

Cheers

Evgeny
10-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank you for such warm words. Happy to work for you. :wink:

Dukelord
10-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Ill be honest hope it helps.

1 the graphics looks low end and fake i dont know what engin you are yousing. But if that makes the game faster and can run on lower end computers it might be a good thing.

2 The battelfield looks small

3 and making it a rts well that makes it not my kinde of game.

4 Since you are not denying using SF that makes me realy worried. Its sad but youre team can make the best game ever but SF will destroy it.

Withe more info on the game you could get more feed back. But just rember this the old games are fun becuse they focused on the playing and not the grapchics.

Well i wish you luck hope you make a good game.

I agree with you...
The battlefield looks small...but I love the graphics engine you guys are using, as long as it runs on older systems of up to 3 yrs old so a lot more people can buy the game...
Great looking game, love the concept...I can't wait to buy it.

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 05:53 AM
Thank you, Dukelord for your words. Btw there are battlefields of different sizes in the game. It depends of the territory you are at, e.g. at a field you will have enough space to spring up your troops and at a swamp you will need to act according to the lack of dry ground.

Dukelord
10-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the reply...
Pls my biggest prayer is that this game plays on PCs of at least 2 yrs old...
Then a lot more people can purchase the game..
So you guys should try to optimize and tweak the game before final release...
This game has such good potential and I forsee it winning a lot of awards.
Also you guys should NOT use Starforce protection...
No player is gonna risk that....
This is my sys specs

AMD Turion 64 @ 1.8GHz
1GB RAM
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200M (Shader Model 2.0)
100GB HDD

I hope I'm qualified to play it

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Thank you for the warm words about the game. As for your sys specs, I'll ask the dev team, and then tell you the result. I believe, they are OK.

Dukelord
10-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks mate....I hope you put a big smile on my face by saying I'm qualified...Cheers

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 09:44 AM
You are welcome. Happy to work for you.

Dukelord
10-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I was able to play Far Cry and Dungeon Siege 2 well on my laptop....I'm currently playing PES2008 at medium settings on my laptop and it's playable...PES2008 uses next-gen graphics (X360 & PS3)....So I believe I should be able to run King's Bounty: The Legend

Evgeny
10-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Well, you have the shaders 2.0 support, so the game will work on your laptop, but, in fact, this is the minimal planned configuration.

Dukelord
10-10-2007, 08:54 AM
what of the minimum required video memory and system memory?
is my processor ok?
I'm curious?
In the trailer videos? Can you pls give me the specs of the system that was being used to play the game? If that would be possible?
Thanks

Evgeny
10-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Well, your video card and processor are good enough to get the game to work, but they are a bit weak to use all the capabilities of the game. I'll try to give you the sys specs of the Pc used for the trailer.

Dukelord
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Ok...thanks a lot for the prompt replies...

Evgeny
10-10-2007, 09:21 AM
You are welcome. :wink:

bam65
10-11-2007, 02:31 AM
I want to thank your company from the bottom of my heart. Too long have turn-based strategy fans suffered through a long winter of RTS games. It's about time somebody made something other than a clickfest type strategy game. I have been looking for some new games to play but there just isn't anything available except for FPS or RTS games. I will be eagerly awaiting the release of King's Bounty next year.

I really like the look of this game, and even though it may not have a truly 'realistic' look to it I think the graphics actually add to the game, especially the terrain. I do have the same concerns about the size of the battlefields during combat that other people have expressed but you have put some of that to rest by saying there are different sized areas to fight in so I will trust your judgement.

I'm not sure how many units you plan to have but the more the merrier. I hope there's enough to give us variety and add depth to the battles. I'm only seeing what I would refer to as 'good' creatures in the screenshots so I'm wondering if we get to lead any evil creatures into combat or not.

In any case, I just wanted to let you know that there are turn-based gamers out here that appreciate your vision and your efforts. Most companies are too short-sighted today and see only the RTS crowd but I guarantee there's a customer base that enjoys the lost art of turn-based games and for them I thank you. Keep up the good work!

Dukelord
10-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Yeah men...I totally agree with you 110%....King's Bounty: The Legend is gonna be one of the games of the year....No doubt...Can't wait for a demo :lol:

Evgeny
10-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Thank you for such warm words. Happy to work for you. :)

Daystar
10-11-2007, 11:09 AM
@bam65: Yes, you will get to lead "Evil" creatures; Vampires, Demons, and the Forces of Darkness.

Zamolxis
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh, and here is a mod to de-inquisitor Heroes V: Link (http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=23669)
I believe I didn't thank you for the above Daystar. ;) I thought I did but apparently got cought up with sth (I'm terribly busy lately). Does this work with the original version or the HoF?

Anyway: Many thanks!

(sorry to the others for the off-topic)

Daystar
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
No idea. Most likely HoF.

I have a question: Based on the Demoness (Succubus?) in the screenies, I'm worried that this game will be another Male Dominant, "I'm a man and my phallus gives me power over women" game. Will there be any strong female characters that aren't evil?

Evgeny
10-15-2007, 05:56 AM
To Daystar.

There are two female elven units - the dryad and the sprite. The sprite is a fast attacking unit of the first level (there are forest and lake sprites), and the dryad is a strong magic supporting unit of the second level.
Thank you for your question.

Daystar
10-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I was more asking about characters, but hey we have unit info! yay!

Gerhard45
10-15-2007, 03:45 PM
check every Day Gamershell in hope the DEMO is here :)

Daystar
10-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Omg, I know. I want to play with Bill so bad!

feanor
10-18-2007, 08:27 AM
to Evgeny: hello, what is/will, please, the URL of eng website? Thnx for answer

Evgeny
10-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, actualy, it's not launched yet but it's about to be launched, so i'll inform you about the URL as soon as it is launched.

Gerhard45
10-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Evgeny

Will there be a demo in 2007 or not for 2008?

Evgeny
10-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Well, it's not decided yet. May be there won't be a demo at all in order to release the full version earlier (the beginning of 2008).

Thank you for your question.

Daystar
11-20-2007, 03:36 AM
***A thought***
Anything you release in Early 2008 is likely to conflict with Spore.

Makkah
11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
I've been playing the original King's bounty since I was 10. Great game. Anyway I like how you can pair up certain troop types to give them high morale and permit them to fight better. I hope that this feature is in L. In addition it would be great if you could put your favorite troop classes together despite their dislike of each other and have them bond and become comrades over time. In return this would raise their morale and the troops would fight better.

Any comment on that?

Daystar
11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I hope that's in! It sounds great. I need to find my orignial copy of KB.

Sol Invictus
12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I would also like to congratulate the Devs on making a TBS/Fantasy/RPG. The fact that the combat is TB is the only reason I am here and plan to buy the game. We TBers have been denied for too long. Apart from the graphics being a bit too cartoony for my taste; not a huge deal; I like everything else I have read about the game. I am really looking forward to release. RPG land has been a desolate wasteland for the last several years. I also want to chime in about SF. SF= Evil.:evil: I don't think Atari will use it, but if they do, I would most likely not buy the game.:sad:

feanor
01-08-2008, 06:46 AM
beautiful mage maybe in 1-st addon KB: http://tbs.heroes-centrum.com/obr/kb3/kb3_04.jpg :)

Daystar
01-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Where's that from?

feanor
01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Look on my section King's Bounty 3 ... ;)

HodgePodge
01-18-2008, 05:28 PM
As for starforce, it depends on the european/north-american distributor (Nobilis/Atari). It's up to them to decide.

You can't even be serious about letting your 'distributor' decide whether StarForce is allowed to be used on this beautiful game. As awesome as this game looks, I can guarantee people will be up in arms if StarForce is included with the game (or even considered) as its copy protection.

The publisher, not the distributor, should have the final say as to which copy protection is used. And please, be sure it's NOT StarForce!

Hingerson
03-02-2008, 07:29 PM
the game looks amazing I know it's going to be a blast to play, but I certainly hope they don't use starforce I think thats a deal breaker, although 1C is one of the companies listed that use it.....

bajuhe
03-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I just want the game to work on my computer. I have a brand new Gateway with Vista and am sick of buying games that I can't return cause they don't work on my computer. I have Processor Intel Pentium D925 Dual-core 64 bit processor..Each core operates at 3.0 GHz
2x2 Mb L2 Cache: 800 Mhz front side bus
For a video card I have Video Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. If I buy this game, will it work on my computer? I LOVED Heroes of Might and Magic and never had any trouble with installing and loading all of those games. At least 1, 2 and 3. And that was on my old computer. I'm not very computer savy and maybe I shouldn't be buying computer games for that reason. I just hate to miss out on this one. Please help me to determine what kind of a chance I have. And thank you!

bigmit37
03-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I just want the game to work on my computer. I have a brand new Gateway with Vista and am sick of buying games that I can't return cause they don't work on my computer. I have Processor Intel Pentium D925 Dual-core 64 bit processor..Each core operates at 3.0 GHz
2x2 Mb L2 Cache: 800 Mhz front side bus
For a video card I have Video Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. If I buy this game, will it work on my computer? I LOVED Heroes of Might and Magic and never had any trouble with installing and loading all of those games. At least 1, 2 and 3. And that was on my old computer. I'm not very computer savy and maybe I shouldn't be buying computer games for that reason. I just hate to miss out on this one. Please help me to determine what kind of a chance I have. And thank you!

You may need to upgrade your graphics card. Just buy a 8600 GT or 8800 GT or 9600 GT and you should be good to go.

rakeltner
03-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Bajuhe, I agree with bigmit37. It's a good computer you have with a less than optimal video card. But you never know you just might squeak by.
Hopefully they will release a demo so you can test it out to make sure.

Renevent
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
What do I think? It's one of my most anticipated games of 2008 :) So many great memories of playing the original KB on my Sega Genesis, and I really hope this one captures the same magic as the original. Few questions though:

1) Is the story line going to have anything to do with the original KB? If not, will there be "throw backs" to the first game (referrences to maybe some of the villians ect)?

2) Do you controll any other "armies" other then your main character (and his army)? Personally I hope it's just one...I tend to (even in HOMM games) focus on one army/hero anyways.

3) Will there be obtainable players castles that can be upgraded?

4) Will there be castle sieges, and if so, will they require siege weapons?

-and a couple concerns-

1) This game looks VERY similar to HOMM V (from screen shots)...I hope it has a lot different gameplay mechanics and try's to be unique. I want this to be a true KB game, not a HOMM V knock off (thats right, KB was first :) ).

2) PLEASE NO STARFORCE! The pirates crack that crap anyways, and it just pisses off ligitimate customers. Look at Stardock and their success...with NO copy protection. Anyways, I know you guys will probably use copy protection no matter what, but just don't use Starforce...I don't want that crap on my system.

Thats all I can think of for now. Anyways, the game looks GREAT so far from the screen shots, and I really can't wait for this game. I hope there is some news on when we all can expect KB: The Legend in stores.

Daystar
03-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Answers
1) I'm guessing there will be references, but it is set in a whole new world.
2) No, just the one.
3) You can obtain castles, but it is unknown if they can be upgraded.
4) No idea.

-Concern Comments-
1) The gameplay will be somewhat different. Adventrue combat is real time, like in the original KB, and battles are more intuitvely set up. Creatures have things like "attack types" such as 'magical' 'sword' 'fire' which work better/worse on some creatures, like fire doing less damage to dragons or a sword doing more damage to a creature with less armor.
2) You are unanimous in this.

wxy
03-17-2008, 04:19 AM
Please JUST NO starforce.

Renevent
03-17-2008, 02:18 PM
So I know the release date says Q2, but is that a pretty solid estimation? I think when I first read about this game it was supposed to be a 2007 release, but got pushed back.

Any clues at all of when to expect the game? I really don't have much to play right now :grumble:

KingImp
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Something is starting to worry me about this game. I know it may only be done to show off more in the screenshots, but it worries me nonetheless.

I keep seeing the same hero carrying different troops. Sometimes they are even mixed and matched. Are there no faction specific heroes in this game and they are just considered neutral so they can carry and use any combination of units?

One of the best parts of Hereos of Might and Magic is the choosing of a faction and using it's specific hero and units to start. If this game just gives you a generic hero and expects you to pick up different faction units along the way, I'm not sure how good that will actually be.

Renevent
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Well if you look at the first KB...that's exactly how it was. In my eyes, that's the beauty of the game...I am not locked into using only specific units.

Although if my memory serves me correctly, that doesn't mean you can just mix and match *any* units. I think if you had evil units (undead) mixed with good units they would get pissy and disband. At least that's the way I remember it...been 18 years since I played :P

Daystar
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Has it really been that long?

Renevent
03-17-2008, 10:24 PM
It was released in 1990...

Though I probably played it a few times a couple years after it was released...so more like 15 years!

Damn I feel old...

clovent5
04-06-2008, 05:38 AM
The game looks promising, and I hope it will be a great hit. A lot of veteran (old ;) ) gamers like myself would jump at the chance of reliving the world of King's Bounty.

There's some question/suggestion though :
1. If Bill Gilbert going to be the default character, what can we do to change him, will there be a customize page, to choose name, gender, portrait, race, class, alignment, etc?

2. The old King's Bounty had the concept of continents and time, will that resurface here? Do you have a specific amount of time to complete each bounty or the whole quest?

3. Will a player be able to have more than one set of army? I mean if you defeat a 'boss', his castle becomes yours, will you be able to produce the type of creatures / army he had? Or do you only can use the castle to store armies for backup or splitting (in the old game, if you had ghosts someday you can find that you had more than your leadership can handle and they went berserk on you).

4. Will there be competitor bounty hunters controlled by the computer? As a suggestion, you can have major bosses, which only the human player can defeat, but there are minor bounties, where computer opponents can collect bounties too. This could be good, to gain the bounty, you can attack the competitor and take something as prove to your employer. And the same with you, after you depleted your forces taking a bounty, a competitor hunter controlled by a computer could show and block your way.

This is already too much to ask in one post :)

Thank you.

Evgeny
04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
1. You can choose one of three characters. You can change the name and the emblem.

2. The game is in real time. The battles are turn-based. There are no global limits, but some quests have limitations.

3. The main thing is that we don't create armies. This is a Heroes' feature, not King's Bounty's. Armies are located in castles and in some other buildings. The quality and the quantity of an army depends on your title and the relations between the host of the castle and you. There are two additional slots in a castle where you can leave a part of your army. Also if a player upgrades a specific skill, he gets two additional slots where additional units can be located. But they can't participate in battles. Your leadership can decrease too (e.g. you put off a thing), and your army can attack you. But it can be detected before battle (in the main interface) and you can take preventive measures.

4. There are no competitors (unlike Heroes). In our game there is an adventure and its main hero is our character. It's not a map cleaning thing like it was in Heroes, where the plot develops only in intermission videos. The RPG element is very strong in King's Bounty. But, certainly, we have superbosses and their armies as our foes. But they counteract, not complete the same tasks as we do.

Evgeny
04-07-2008, 12:08 PM
And it's very important, guys, that everybody realised, that this game is not a Heroes-like. It's not a turn-based strategy with RPG elements, it's RPG with elements of a turn-based strategy. It's a real adventure, where everything changes and you don't have ust to clean the map. It's a very interesting and deep world.

igoraki
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
One of the best parts of Hereos of Might and Magic is the choosing of a faction and using it's specific hero and units to start. If this game just gives you a generic hero and expects you to pick up different faction units along the way, I'm not sure how good that will actually be.

this is true just for heroes 5,but in all previous versions you could use any hero leading any army without problems(well,in h4 hero of different alignment would reduce your moral,but beside that it was ok).i do like faction specific heroes as an idea,but that unfortunately introduced problem that units are actually pretty weak if not lead by that specific hero,like barbarians without blood rage(orc racial skill in h5,as you know) would be pretty much hopeless if facing any other army.

so if creators of this new kings bounty kept moral and/or other penalties for mixing good and evil allied craetures and avoided use of alignment specific hero,they have actually stay true to heroes (and also original KB) tradition more then ubisoft with heroes 5.

KingImp
04-07-2008, 05:36 PM
4. There are no competitors (unlike Heroes). In our game there is an adventure and its main hero is our character. It's not a map cleaning thing like it was in Heroes, where the plot develops only in intermission videos. The RPG element is very strong in King's Bounty. But, certainly, we have superbosses and their armies as our foes. But they counteract, not complete the same tasks as we do.

Wait, so this is only a single player game with no chance of playing against other opponents? I am slowly getting turned off more and more by this.

Hingerson
04-07-2008, 07:47 PM
yea the initial game is gonna be single player only with multiplayer coming in a later expansion. Im just getting turned off at the lack of updates or a release date already I mean this game was slated to be released in 07:!:

Daystar
04-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Agreed...

Come on, just give us the demo! I don't care if it has some bugs or if it crashes when you get through level one or if it doesn't have nice, shiny art and a tutorial and all that, I just want to play it, and I do hope I am unanimous in that.

Hingerson
04-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Exactly even a buggy demo would be awesome at this point! Even though I doubt it would have many bugs at all ANYTHING to tide us over for just a little while longer plz

HodgePodge
04-10-2008, 04:25 PM
So I still have one unanswered question, which after reading through 11 pages of posts, find that Evgeny hasn't confirmed or not confirmed either way …

Will King's Bounty use or not use StarForce as its copy-protection?

The answer to this question will determine whether or not I buy the game.

So what's the answer, Evgeny?

Evgeny
04-11-2008, 05:47 AM
This matter depends on the local distributors decision. It's up to them to decide.

HodgePodge
04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
This matter depends on the local distributors decision. It's up to them to decide.
I feel that you are evading the question by putting the responsibility for copy-protection on the distributors instead of the publisher and developer. You know full well that sales will plummet if StarForce is included with the game. So be honest and tell us truthfully, Evgeny!

When UbiSoft & Nival were going to put StarForce on Heroes V, there was a huge outcry. Finally after so much pressure, UbiSoft the Publisher made the decision to remove StarForce from the game, NOT THE DISTRIBUTORS!

So if you don't mind Evgeny, please give us a straight answer.

KingImp
04-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I have to agree with HodgePodge here. This game ultimately belongs to the publisher, not the distributor or the developer. It is the publisher's sole decision as to what should or should not be put into a game since they own the rights to the title. It wasn't up to Nival to decide what went into Heroes V, it was Ubisoft's decision just like it is 1C's decision here.

StarForce is bad and should never be included. Count me as one who won't waste his money either if it is used.

phoenixreborn
04-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Why would Evgeny try to lie about the copy protection process? Doesn't make much sense.

In any event the game will or will not have starforce. It seems unlikely to me. There was a period of time when many games did have it but more recently I don't remember any games (I wanted) having it.

I would choose not to buy KB if it had starforce because I personally had a bad experience with it.

However, I'm still looking forward to the game (whenever it comes out).

wolfing
04-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm looking forward to this game. I think it's great that it's clearly different than HoMM. You guys wanting multiplayer should realize that... this is a different game! you don't expect Wizardry 8 to have multiplayer. I'd rather if they concentrated on having a solid single player campaign, hopefully with different campaign paths for replayability.
The use of Starforce is definitely a critical point. I'm sure, you as developers can specify that you don't want Starforce to be used. It's that serious... you may stop 30000 pirates from copying the game... but you'll probably stop 50000 legitimate gamers form buying the product (me included). There are other copy protections that will stop 90% of the pirates without intruding into the gamers' computers and installing dangerous device drivers.

HodgePodge
04-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Why would Evgeny try to lie about the copy protection process? Doesn't make much sense.

In any event the game will or will not have starforce. It seems unlikely to me. There was a period of time when many games did have it but more recently I don't remember any games (I wanted) having it.

I would choose not to buy KB if it had starforce because I personally had a bad experience with it.

However, I'm still looking forward to the game (whenever it comes out).
No one said Evgeny was lying about the copy-protection, what I said was:

I feel that you are evading the question by putting the responsibility for copy-protection on the distributors instead of the publisher and developer. You know full well that sales will plummet if StarForce is included with the game. So be honest and tell us truthfully, Evgeny!

When UbiSoft & Nival were going to put StarForce on Heroes V, there was a huge outcry. Finally after so much pressure, UbiSoft the Publisher made the decision to remove StarForce from the game, NOT THE DISTRIBUTORS!

So if you don't mind Evgeny, please give us a straight answer.
There's a huge difference, PhoenixReborn! And by not responding, Evgeny is still evading the copy-protection question!

phoenixreborn
04-21-2008, 03:51 AM
We meet again Hodgepodge! :waves: (no smiley available).

I see it very simply.

He writes it's up to the distributor. You write it's up to the publisher. That is a difference.

We're all on the same side here, I haven't seen any fan in this thread that has said yay starforce, none of us want it. It seems unlikely to be included, I'm not concerned.

But yes, some clarification response would be nice.

__

I think the game is shaping up nicely, though, it doesn't appear to different from the heroes series. That isn't a bad thing though. I hope it lasts a couple of play throughs.