PDA

View Full Version : Question on design of the Airborne unit #

Prowlinger
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
I am wondering why the 101st Airborne unit is only limited to 1 unit (per purchase)?

It is rather frustrating to keep having to buy it over and over just to get
many units for a spot you want them.

My thoughts would be to increase the drop number to 3 and increase the cost (if it is 25 ... then make it 75)...

This way you can at least get a 6 man squad in 2 purchases and not 6 individual ones.

Maybe there is a balance issue here and you guys made it 1 for a reason?

In the demo, when I drop 1 they seem to get targeted quickly and die. If there were multiples at once it would be better. :)

Just a question... Why only 1?

Kostchtchie
02-23-2011, 02:14 AM
i was wondering why i only got one airborne also :)

Nokturnal
02-24-2011, 02:23 AM
My understanding of this was, because airborne units don't all land simultaneously (due to wind/time of drop etc..) you are given one at a time but with a short cooldown period so you can drop them at a desired location if you use them correctly (and have some luck) eventually have a squad of them.

They are quite powerful units, even when used individually so it would make it too easy if you were given multiple units all at once. The are stocked with grenades, a great weapon and the ability to specify where they drop makes them a great tool.

For example in the Carentan mission, i landed a handful of airborne units behind enemy lines to capture a flag, while another portion of my forces were pushing forward to that position, they all survived the drop and held the position until the others arrived - The first unit on his own took out an AT gun, half a dozen Germans guarding the flag position and then proceeded to take said flag as the others were dropped at nearby positions to hold off the counter-attack.

Just pick your location carefully and you won't be hindered by the fact that they drop one at a time.

Kostchtchie
02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
My understanding of this was, because airborne units don't all land simultaneously (due to wind/time of drop etc..) you are given one at a time but with a short cooldown period so you can drop them at a desired location if you use them correctly (and have some luck) eventually have a squad of them.

They are quite powerful units, even when used individually so it would make it too easy if you were given multiple units all at once. The are stocked with grenades, a great weapon and the ability to specify where they drop makes them a great tool.

For example in the Carentan mission, i landed a handful of airborne units behind enemy lines to capture a flag, while another portion of my forces were pushing forward to that position, they all survived the drop and held the position until the others arrived - The first unit on his own took out an AT gun, half a dozen Germans guarding the flag position and then proceeded to take said flag as the others were dropped at nearby positions to hold off the counter-attack.

Just pick your location carefully and you won't be hindered by the fact that they drop one at a time.

yeah this makes sense, i was doing just that after couple goes at the demo