PDA

View Full Version : Why did this change from vanilla Men of War?

ztinitz
02-22-2011, 01:54 AM
First off i am no pro at Men of war. I have only played the men of war single player demo, which i downloaded off steam.

During the second mission which I believe took place in Carentan (USA vs Germany) I entered a building and instead of going into the view i was accustomed to from the original men of War game, which is basically the building becomes roofless allowing me to maneuver and set up units inside the building however I like, the building didn't become transparent by any means and I could only figure out how to set up units to look out certain windows by right clicking the window while the unit was selected.

Is the roofless view from Men of War gone? In my opinion positioning units anyway you like them in buildings presented more tactical options and gave me a much better view of the rare combat that took place between enemy units inside buildings. As i said i have only played the single player demo, so I guess my question(s) are

1. Is the "roofless" view similar to that of games like "The Sims" not included in Men of war Assault Squad?

2. Is their a certain button I have to press to "activate" the view?

3. Will the "roofless view" be in the full game?

4. If it was removed why would it be replaced by the obviously inferior version I experienced in the Men of War Assault Squad demo?

Zeke Wolff
02-22-2011, 02:14 AM
It isnt removed. Buildings needs to have the option "interior" added when the map is created if they shall have a roofless view when entering the building. In the above case, I´m pretty sure that the mapper simply forgot to add that interior option.

~Zeke.

DMS|Instinct
02-22-2011, 02:01 PM
This view is not gone, as in MoW, multistorey buildings don't use that view.
Contrary to MoW, you can now place Soldiers in multistorey buildings, which didn't work in Singleplayer before.