PDA

View Full Version : Steam activation for Gamersgate prepurchase?

acare84
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi, I will buy the game from Gamersgate so my question can I activate my game on Steam too or Gamersgate version is using other DRM. I was on the beta on Steam and love Steam because of this I am asking this question. I hope I can activate the game on the Steam with my serial number. :)

Nike-it
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi, I will buy the game from Gamersgate so my question can I activate my game on Steam too or Gamersgate version is using other DRM. I was on the beta on Steam and love Steam because of this I am asking this question. I hope I can activate the game on the Steam with my serial number. :)

Hi, Steam and GamersGate are using different DRMs, you can't use you GG key to activate Steam version.

acare84
02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi, Steam and GamersGate are using different DRMs, you can't use you GG key to activate Steam version.

Thank you for the answer. I thought game is using Steamworks because beta was on Steam and on Steam page Steam is showing game has Steam Achievements. Thank you again for clarifying this. :)

Essobie
03-24-2011, 04:20 PM
How about the Direct2Drive version of the game? Will that allow Steam activation?

DMS|Instinct
03-25-2011, 01:46 AM
All GameSpy cd-keys can be used for activating the game on Steam, this includes GamersGate and Direct2Drive.