PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the game?

Evgeny
09-18-2007, 02:14 PM
We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about Death to Spies. What are you waiting from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts. :)

Soviet
09-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I think it is excellent, it makes you think on how you will execute your mission, not just run in there and shoot. It also has a certain amount of realism which i love! :D

i will give it a 9.

3dartpol
09-18-2007, 06:56 PM
It's a fun game to play, the stealth with many weapons and action in the game is superb...
The terrain and vegetation in the game is well done and it feels alive and you feel you are there...

Von Omar
10-02-2007, 08:23 AM
I've played the demo to death and am currently DL'ing the game from GamersGate. Slow DL for some reason, but from what I've seen in the demo this game will be worth it.

I agree it has that Commando's feel to it but with a much nicer hands on feel.

The only criticisms I have of the game from the demo is that I wish the AI would have a greater sound recognition. Like when a grenade goes off and a guard up the street about 100m doesnt hear a thing. They should at least be "alerted" for a short period of time. The other thing I hope is in the game already, or added at some point would be much more randomized patrols. I can see infantry walking a preset route, but a long stretch of road would probably have a motorcycle or car or group of soldiers marching along it randomly back and forth over a large distance. More so than is currently represented in the demo with those 2 small 3-man patrols that wander up and down a 50m stretch of road. Larger patterns would spice up any road / cross-country travel.
To be fair, I have only played the demo and haven't seen any other missions so I'm probably just rambling about things that are already in the full game.

Regardless, the demo was thouroughly enjoying and I look forward to the full experience.

demowhc
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
great demo, i enjoyed it very much

only complaint..i wish you could choose a first person view! not to mention u would probably sell 3 times more copies if it was first person..

Von Omar
10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
A first person option might be a nice touch, but I don't think it's all that important in a single player game. Also, alot of situations require the 3rd person aspect. It gives a greater feeling of "situational awareness" which is vital in this game.
You'd probably attract a larger twitch gaming crowd with a dedicated 1st person view as a sales point though. Doesn't bother me either way.

mbv
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Excellent demo and on the strength of that I will definately be buying the game.

I don't really have any major problems with the game as it is. The third person view occasionally makes viewing uncomfortable in narrow spaces, when crouched or prone in undergrowth, or inside buildings and that is when you could do with switching to first person.

The AI could be tweaked for a bit more situational awareness. It is too easy to gun down (with a noisy Mg) isolated groups of German guards without their comrades hearing them or reacting at all to the sound of gunfire.

Other than the above this game seems like good fun to play and is reasonably difficult on the Hard settiing.

Thanks
mbv

buttmonkey1969
10-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Excellent demo and on the strength of that I will definately be buying the game.

I don't really have any major problems with the game as it is. The third person view occasionally makes viewing uncomfortable in narrow spaces, when crouched or prone in undergrowth, or inside buildings and that is when you could do with switching to first person.

The AI could be tweaked for a bit more situational awareness. It is too easy to gun down (with a noisy Mg) isolated groups of German guards without their comrades hearing them or reacting at all to the sound of gunfire.

Other than the above this game seems like good fun to play and is reasonably difficult on the Hard settiing.

Thanks
mbv

what he said :D

Von Omar
10-03-2007, 06:06 AM
The next few missions after the first one (demo is first mission of full game) make the situational awareness problems less noticeable. There are so many more enemies/neutrals around in such a condensed way that if you open up on any but the most isolated group, you won't last long.

Just started the 4th mission...sheesh. Talk about traffic jams to get to a toilet. You'll see :)

mbv
10-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm at the start of the third mission after taking a day to finish the second mission. On the second mission it took me ages to find a decent silent kill in that town so that I could change clothes. Finding a high ranking clothes change is also difficult right at the end where you need to free the prisoner.

Managed to finish the first mission (demo mission) silently and got the top rank, but that was probably down to a large amount of practice with the demo. On the second mission I mainly used the knife and silenced revolver and carefully took out isolated soldiers and groups so that I could close in on each target. I have no luck garotting or chloroforming anyone who is moving, it only seems to work on static enemy using sneak mode. Stun works occasionally on moving enemy, but is only useful on isolated NPCs or someone nearby will hear you. I'm finding the knife and silenced revolver combo are my most frequently used weapons.

I've had quite a few occasions where I have got stuck to the scenery for a while (walls, chairs, cupboards) but I usually manage to get free after a while.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far :D

Von Omar
10-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I tend to use the knife and silenced pistol most often.
As far as chloro/choke goes, sneak can work on moving targets but you have to be really careful and have ALOT of time. You need to learn their route perfectly and be in the best spot to move out as soon as possible. That by itself can be a challenge, but you also need to know all the sight lines to that targets route as well, so nobody notices you sneaking up on the target. It's doable, but if you can find an isolated target to get the appropriate uniform, it's almost worth it to go clear across the map to find it.
For example, on that Russian village one where you need the kill the 3 targets, I ended up having to go all the way to the back of the village (north end) along the river, taking out lone sentries along the way. The maps are well set up to make moves like this possible. That was the only way I could get an officers uniform. Even doing that I had to use smoke and quick pistol shots to multiple targets (never the best situation) and a run with a quick sneak to choke out the officer. Difficult for sure but I must say that's what makes the game so great.

So far there's only been one mission I wasn't that fond of (the school academy level). Just started the sniper/bridge mission and that adds another new dimension to the game using long range and short range maneuvers and concerns. Awesome start to that mission, we'll see how it goes.

Very challenging game and well done overall. Good customer support so far as well.

OSS
10-06-2007, 06:47 AM
also run in crouch mode ( 'C' by defaults ) work on moving targets, you have enough time to chloro/use fiber before enemy turn around to you..

balbaro
10-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I just finished yesterday evening and can say only one thing : THERE SHOULD BE MORE GAMES RELEASED LIKE THIS :)

Just make the Germans speak better German.

BTW , I'm a avid Thief (Dark Project) player and fan.

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Thank you, man. Happy that you liked the game.

Ceano
10-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Well the game is OK but it could be 10 times better if you could play in first person view, there is also some features that could be better like...using windows that are open to enter/exit, when you have taken some enemy clothes you should not be detected so easy like you are now...there is almost no point in changing clothes.

balbaro
10-10-2007, 05:22 AM
when you have taken some enemy clothes you should not be detected so easy like you are now...there is almost no point in changing clothes.

Ceano , are you dumping your backpack and russian weapon ? , hide any weapon when moving around.
With the correct uniform i dident found any problem.
You right about climbing through windows do or cutthroat a ennemie through a window :)
IMO 1STPV would be a nice addon but not absolutely neccesary.

BTW , I'm making known your game through a few gamer forums.
Lets hope the DVD version will be quickly available through the distributors channels, some people i know, cannot download such a huge files or buy online.

BTW dunno if i can say this but Nobilis sucks, i send 2 mails asking to preorder this game, the first reply was that they would only sell to France Metropolitaine, the second reply , another person, replied the game was already available at the stores.
No mention whatsooever about Gamersgate.

Evgeny
10-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Thank you for making our game known, it's a good help. Well, the game will be out on 26th of October.

Ceano
10-10-2007, 08:32 AM
when you have taken some enemy clothes you should not be detected so easy like you are now...there is almost no point in changing clothes.

Ceano , are you dumping your backpack and russian weapon ? , hide any weapon when moving around.
With the correct uniform i dident found any problem.
You right about climbing through windows do or cutthroat a ennemie through a window :)
IMO 1STPV would be a nice addon but not absolutely neccesary.
Yes the backpack I'm dumping and I'm using the weapon from the soldier i have overtaken + uniform (and i have the weapons holstered or/and on shoulder), what do you mean with correct clothes? in level 2 i have tried 3 different soldier outfit and still the major Germans has red arrows and will detect me as soon as they see me.

balbaro
10-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Ceano : Try to find a officers uniform, with a simple soldiers uniform much more ennemies will recognize you as a spy.

Even with a officers uniform some officers will detect you, in a way it makes sense, in real life those guys often know each other, thats why i like this game so much , i find a lot of stuff really good.

I know its not easy to find a officer willing to lend you his uniform :)

Use the ingame map a lot to detect the field of view of potential dangerous (red) ennemies.

I find this ingame map is something wich his missing in Hitman, you never know when you will be spotted or not.

I found out that a not to nearby soldier will find the body of his mate much quicker when you stay close to the body, again makes sense, when someone's looking at you, he'll look at the surrounding around you more intent then if you where not standing there, after wacking someone, move away from the body as quickly as possible.

Tobus
11-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I truly like this game, but do think it is sometimes just too difficult. When spotted close by, I just can not run quickly enough to knock out the guard that spotted me. The option to knock him out is just not there, so I have to resort to my gun, which is all in all too slow. In splintercell (I like to compare with that gameseries), I could run toward the spotter and quickly knee of knife him with just a mouseclick. No pressing a number-key first to arm myself. Whether this is realistic is debatable, but the SC-way is immensely more playable. Also, I can not program any of my 5 mouse-buttons, only left- and rightclick.

Now, if knocking/knifing/chloroforming/choking could be integrated with with a single click of the left and/or right mousebutton like in the SC-series, it would make the game a lot more playable (sales go up!) and less arbitrary. Then, when you DO get spotted, you can still save yourself. Now, I feel that when spotted, I might as well reload my last save.

OSS
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
you can use knife/chloroforming/fiber ( but no stun ) with left mouse click ( fire button ).. you must not facing enemy, but standing behind his back close enough..

Tobus
11-19-2007, 02:22 PM
you can use knife/chloroforming/fiber ( but no stun ) with left mouse click ( fire button ).. you must not facing enemy, but standing behind his back close enough..
That's just it. Why can I not stun/knife someone when he is facing me? That's just silly.

OSS
11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
That's just it. Why can I not stun/knife someone when he is facing me? That's just silly.

i think just for making game harder.. 8)

OSS
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM

btw, i think in expansion pack it's fixed.. check this trailer ( russian site.. )

http://www.ag.ru/files/videos/smert_shpionam_moment_istiny/24294/flash

Tobus
11-20-2007, 06:19 AM
btw, i think in expansion pack it's fixed.. check this trailer ( russian site.. )

http://www.ag.ru/files/videos/smert_shpionam_moment_istiny/24294/flash
If that's the case, fine, but paying for something I think should already be in there... :oops:

Leon
11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Well the game is OK but it could be 10 times better if you could play in first person view, there is also some features that could be better like...using windows that are open to enter/exit, when you have taken some enemy clothes you should not be detected so easy like you are now...there is almost no point in changing clothes.

i agree with you..basicly the game should be like this. when you grab a uniform from an enemy soldier/guard. EVERYONE thinks you are german.
and it should remain that way untill you do something suspicious in front of another german, or someone with a higher rank spots you. and even then , they should just be suspicious only.

i feel also that if you find a high rank uniform, that everyone below your rank doesnt mess with you. period. its just mega fake when you kill a guard and take his uniform and STILL have to sneak around. to me that is more suspicious than having a soviet uniform.

Tobus
11-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I tend to disagree with you. Men based on the same location tend to know eachother. More so for officers amongst themselves and for the men below them. I therefor kinda like the current setup: get a better uniform to get an easier walk through a level. Getting a soldiers uniform is generally easy (since there's a lot of soldiers). Getting an officers uniform is more difficult, but pays off in some missions. Offcourse you don't HAVE to. It all works in making the missions and game more replayable.

BlackMamba
11-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Ok, I have played this game for about three days and its great. I am on mission called "Paycheck". I think this game is most difficult i ever played, its like an good mix of splinter cell, hitman and commandoes. But if you improve some things it can be superb.

Sgt.Schnitzel
11-27-2007, 11:14 PM
I really like the game and im going to purchase it however the only thing i would like to see in a patch if there will be one, is an option to turn blood on/off. I know its "realistic" but to me blood is not a pleasant sight in any game. So I would appreciate if there was a menu option to disable this feature.

eveningsky339
11-30-2007, 12:17 AM
It's nice to see a stealth game that works your brain. 8)

Soobe
12-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Fantastic game based on the demo, though I find the AI unpredictable at times, in that it takes a while to figure out just what being 'hidden' really means. In the first mission a set of 3 Germans spotted me, even though I was laying down, behind a tree, 20 feet from them, and in the bushes.

In many ways this issue seems to stem from the third person view, but from the looks of it, the game switches to a more urban setting later on, so it's not really a huge thing.

For any future expansions or sequels though, it would be nice to have a Splinter Cell like exposure gauge, just because unlike real life, it's too hard to figure out how hidden you are just by your surroundings in most games.

Overall I like this game because as the post above states, it challenges you in a way that most Western/American games simply do not. Making you carry a German firearm, for instance, when in a German outfit is simply masterful--a great touch. It makes the AI feel smart, without having to resort to super complicated, and for that matter, resource hogging AI programming.

Also, I think this game would be better if your character had a Nano Suit and laser guns. Along the same lines, a sweet mission would be to have you rescue some children from a German Labor camp, only to have the children attack you because they aren't actually children, but Vampires.

Please include that level in any sequel.

SlipBall
12-04-2007, 08:51 PM
This game sounds very challenging, I will have to try it

redscare
12-07-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm currently halfway the bridge mission, so I may suggest things that are indeed in the game but just in missions I've don't played yet. That said, here's my take:

-GRAPHICS: Outdated, but still VERY good. This game truly shows what good design can do. I was VERY surprised to see that my crappy ATI Radeon 9800 PRO was able to run a game published in 2007 with every graphic option set to high. Very well done. I'll give it a 7/10 :)

-SOUND: Correct, but soldiers are too silent. More chatter would be great, and made them look more alive. 6/10.

-GAMEPLAY: Just what I expected, and then a bit more :grin: Great level design. Good enemy AI. Some glitches prevent this from going higher (see comments below) 8/10

-OVERALL: 8/10

Now, my personal comments. Please note that I'm so far finding the game a bit too easy in the hardest difficulty level, and that some of my comments would raise the difficulty (other will lower it). Some comments are just nit-picking and don't have any impact at all, it's just that I'd find them cool ;)

-It's a bit stupid that you can't stun a soldier if you're not behind.
-Soldiers should hear if a guy just 1 meter away from them gets downed.
-Carrying a long arm when dressed up as officer should raise suspicion (carrying a Thomson while dressed up as Colonel in Los Alamos felt quite cheesy :-P ).
-When dressed up as officer you should get another pistol slot. You're supposed to be carrying a Luger openly and your silenced one concealed.
-It's VERY ANNOYING that you have to be directly behind a guy to choke/cut his throat. It should be easier. Like now it feels like you must be at 180º from where the guy is looking. There should be a wider "window" of a about 20º-30º IMHO :)
-Even silenced guns make noise. Silenced guns should make at least the same noise as opening a door. Probably even a bit more.
-It should be easier to open/close doors.
-Knife should not be 1hit-kill no matter where you hit the guy (should force you to aim it). It feels goofy to kill a guy by knifing him in the ass :grin:
-Some mission should force you to shoot your way out. There are tons of different guns and so far I've never shoot a non-silenced weapon.
-Some mission should force you to shoot your way in :D I find a pity that you have designed so many good looking soviet guns that don't see any action during the game.

Great game! I'd love to see an expansion/sequel.

Anatoly
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Great game! I'd love to see an expansion/sequel.

We are already thinking about an expansion for this one, so stay tuned. Should make an announcement pretty soon.

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-21-2007, 01:51 AM
There are a few more things that bother me. If an enemy throws a grenade at you, there is simply no chance of escaping it. the player should be allowed to run fast for a very short time, like 8 seconds in order to get away from the blast area. Its really annoying that they throw grenades at you and you simply can't get away in time. Its too much trial and error.

Also I think they should make the weapons at least a little more accurate, I know its realistic but its a bit exagerrated especially when the crosshair turns red indicating a clear shot, and when I fire, it doesnt hit the enemy. The developers included an incredible variety of weapons (beautifully modeled and detailed!) but they aren't really usefull when they are inaccurate. Just make them a little more accurate plz. I'm referring mostly to the rifles, but the SMGs should have their accuracy also slightly increased

Also can't wait to see a map editor! Or at least a simple mission editor that allows us to place or remove objects such as vehicles, soldiers and items on the existing maps. It would be such a waste if they don't include one, renember what happened with H&D2? So much modding potential gone down the drain. =\

EDIT: I just realized there are cheats for spawning vehicles and items, i tired them and they work! A map editor may not be necessary if its too much trouble.

redscare
12-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't agree at all. The game is deadly, and it's OK as it is. Anyway, I've been able to run away from grenades with minor scratches only. But the best way to avoid grenades is avoid raising the alarm in the first place.

Also, all guns have 100% accurary in my experience. The bullet always goes exactly to where your crosshair is in that moment. SMGs too, but those have a bitch of recoil that sends your crosshair sky-high :D. Just aim for the knees, let a burst go, and you've nailed them with about 6 bullets. I only tried to fight my way out in the "rescue the prisioner" mission. It was difficult but fun. Then I reloaded my saved game and did the mission without raising the alarm.

EDIT: Now that I have finished the game I must say I'm a bit dissapointed that the biggest mission is #5. I expected the game to end in a really long, difficult mission in a map as big as the bridge one. Instead we get that short Embassy mission.

I'd love to see a mission in a Nazi castle like in that WWII movie "Where Eagles Dare" (or "the eagles nest", or something like that).

Boyarpunk
12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi all. Just registered on here and wanted to say I absolutely loved this game.
When I first read about Death To Spies, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that a developer made a game with such a unique premise (playing as a Soviet spy during/after WWII).

My pleasant surprise turned to joy when I actually bought and played the game: well-executed and smart AI, nice visuals and good variety of objectives all throughout the game.

Well done, Haggard and 1C!
Can't wait to hear about the already mentioned sequel. I believe you guys created a solid foundation on which to build a potenially great game franchise!
Cheers and Happy Holidays.! :)

Sgt.Schnitzel
12-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't agree at all. The game is deadly, and it's OK as it is. Anyway, I've been able to run away from grenades with minor scratches only. But the best way to avoid grenades is avoid raising the alarm in the first place.

Also, all guns have 100% accurary in my experience. The bullet always goes exactly to where your crosshair is in that moment. SMGs too, but those have a bitch of recoil that sends your crosshair sky-high :D. Just aim for the knees, let a burst go, and you've nailed them with about 6 bullets. I only tried to fight my way out in the "rescue the prisioner" mission. It was difficult but fun. Then I reloaded my saved game and did the mission without raising the alarm.

EDIT: Now that I have finished the game I must say I'm a bit dissapointed that the biggest mission is #5. I expected the game to end in a really long, difficult mission in a map as big as the bridge one. Instead we get that short Embassy mission.

I'd love to see a mission in a Nazi castle like in that WWII movie "Where Eagles Dare" (or "the eagles nest", or something like that).

I don't know man, I just tried picking off a guy with a mosin from a distance of ~25 meters, the crosshair was red and he was running right towards me, I fired 3 shots, none hit him lol! Same with SMGs, its not the recoil that bothers me, but they just don't hit the enemy when the crosshair is red. Maybe theres a bug with the crosshair turning red while still not completely indicating a 100% clear shot. I still the have the english demo so I hope this is fixed in the full game.

I still think however that they should add a function that can allow the player to run fast for a very short period of time. Dodging grenades I find is very difficult.

redscare
12-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Maybe theres a bug with the crosshair turning red while still not completely indicating a 100% clear shot. I still the have the english demo so I hope this is fixed in the full game.

I think you're right with that. You cannot rely on the crosshair changing colors.

Skooma
12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
It's a pretty good game though a bit on the buggy side.

I always loved the disguise missions in Medal of Honor. This is like a whole game of it.

nanoc
01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi everybody.

Haven´t finished the game yet, but playing when I have time to.

So far it´s being a great ride for me. I'm in the mission where you must take some pics of some kind of plans or something (last time played was in October).

Great atmosphere and really not that easy! A very nice challenge indeed!

I am a fan of stealth games, Thief series, Hitman series and Splinter Cell for instance.

So far, so good, lovin' it.

I rate it 7.8 out of 10.

evolution
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
I like the game very much, unfortunately some things i dont like are for instance:

When you wear a German Officer uniform you can still get in trouble by enemys that wear uniforms of lower ranked soldiers.

And the last one and most important one: you can't wear female uniforms :D

samadriel
04-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Well, this is an old thread, but then, it's a quiet forum, so I think I'll bump it to say the following, which has probably all been said before, but what the heck:

- It would be very nice if the game took a leaf from Splinter Cell's book, and gave the ability to swing a choked/chloroformed/throat-slit/stunned enemy straight onto one's back by holding down the attack key through the animation -- having our man laying his victim out on the ground in front of him every time he catches someone unrealistically inflates the difficulty.

- A connected issue to this would be removing the 'stowing weapon' animation when you try picking up a body while armed. The extra fraction-of-a-second this adds to the picking-up animation is frequently the difference between life and death, and there is no real reason for it. Perhaps keep the 'stowing animation' if the character is holding a rifle, but please abandon it for one-handed equipment and weaponry -- in real life, he could use his other arm to begin the lifting process at the same time he's stowing his pistol/knife/etc. You wouldn't necessarily have to 'blend' animations like that if it's too much of a technical nuisance -- just making the weapon vanish from his hand would work fine. ;)

- It would be pretty neat to have many more 'contextual body-hiding spots' -- at the moment, there's just the backs of trucks, but it would be great to be able to roll people under beds, and stuff corpses into barrels (perhaps one could be prohibited from putting unconscious people in barrels, since they aren't as pliant as corpses). You wouldn't necessarily need to make new animations to do this -- add a context menu option to the hidingplace and use a quick fadeout like you do when stowing a body in a truck.

Speaking of context menus -- I'd REALLY LIKE to be able to pick up a body with a keypress, rather then the very awkward "hold down the use key and whisk my right hand over to the arrow keys to scroll down to wherever 'PICK UP BODY' is every time I want to move a body" process. Splinter Cell resolves this by opening the use-key menu with 'pick up body' already selected -- that way a quick keypress will immediately lift a body, but holding the key down will keep the menu open for 'normal' use. I wonder if it might be useful to have a quicker-but-noisier 'DRAG body' option, but I can't say I've thought that one through much, heh.

I like Death To Spies, it shows loads of promise; a few good tweaks to smooth out the process and it'll be even better. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon14.gif

hykao
04-12-2008, 09:52 AM
You can hide the bodies in wooden boxes too. (Haven't you played the training?)

samadriel
04-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah, the boxes are cool, I just think it would also be a neat bonus to be able to, for example, roll a body under a bed in the hotel or the embassy, using the same context-menu mechanism that allows one to hide bodies in trucks -- it's an option our fella would have available to him in life, after all.

T_E_E
03-14-2009, 11:32 PM
The game was great. I loved the realistic WW2 setting, which was based on historical facts (Raul Wallenberg) - I don't think I've ever seen a concentration camp in a WW2 game before, which was both harrowing but fascinating at the same time - a WW2 game that touches the issue of the holocaust.

I loved the fact that you had to think. I love the fact that this game is HARD. you need to time your actions, you need patience, and patience pays. it's a great sensation, finally getting that deserted kill, that deserted officer's uniform.

I loved the german marches/Jazz/swing music that was played on various missions, however, it's too bad that this was almost the only things the makers invested in to immerse the player in the enviroment.

a few of my gripes with this beautiful game:

- The plot : it was good but it was very lacking. the interrogation sequences were made very nicely and depicted a gritty early-1950's after-the-war soviet reality, however, I do think there was space for much more evolvement and a deepening of the plot.

- Consenquences of missions : the introduction of the missions was very anemic and phlegmatic. sometimes it felt like you're just a robot. i know that with the fact that strogov was a SMERSH operative, he was assigned to many different missions, whether if linked one into each other or not, but some more background on the missions (time, date, introduction scenes) would really contribute to the feeling that you're doing something. another thing would be more Feedback from your actions - say you go in a base, and kill three top officers, and then you just sneak away and leave. you go to your next mission without no word about the consenquences of your latter mission. it makes you feel a bit empty. it would be nice if you could get a glimpse of the german response, maybe in a newspaper article, or just a narrator telling about what happened and what implications your actions had on the german army and on the war.

- Atmosphere : periodical music was very good, but not enough! you have to include conversations between guards. maybe sometimes, frequent calls from the speakers in the bases, random stuff going on. it felt really weird to see a german officer and a german frau (madame) just sitting in a room, not talking, lifelessly. you could make them speak, or just have some ambient german-speaking background sound whenever you go there.

- Violence : I do not like excessive amounts of blood and do not play computer games for such things, but the lack of blood was quite experience-taking for me. i do not ask for Soldier of Fortune gore, but if you would include a bloody bullet-hole wherever we shot the enemy, it could be very nice. also - i've played with the pack that adds swastikas and all the stuff, just couldn't do without it. i understand the necessity of removing these kinds of things (game being sold in deutschland and stuff) but i do not understand the coercing of the policy on all of us. let the gamers choose if they want swastikas and hitler portraits!

- Gameplay : First-person view is a must! sometimes when you're in dense places, it's very hard to aim at the enemies.
it's needed to have places in which the player can hide bodies of foes. hiding them in secluded areas usually works fine, but the addition of shoving them into a box/fridge (a-la-hitman-style) would be a real nice addition.

- Day/Night cycle : I guess i'm taking on a big one here, but in the future games, which i sure do hope will come (and the english version of the moment of truth) - I imagine the possibilty of the players ability to choose if to carry out his mission at daytime or at night, with each having it's cons and pro's. seeing that the guards and base inhabitants have their "Lives", sleeping, switching guard-shifts, eating lunch, attending the morning line-up. the game had some of those, but it was very "scripted". it could be nice if the game focused more also on the aspect of time.

that's all for now.

slamelov
03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
The game is great, but there is some points should be improved.

- AI. When you kill a soldier, his comrades should be alerted if they see the corpse or hear the shoot.
- Multiplayer cooperative, to play cooperatively with your friends like Hidden and Dangerous games. That should be mandatory for a game like this.

I would like first person, more inmersive.

Jason
03-24-2009, 08:31 AM
- Multiplayer cooperative, to play cooperatively with your friends like Hidden and Dangerous games. That should be mandatory for a game like this.

I strongly agree ;)

Nike-it
03-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Right now, there are no plans about coop multiplayer.

slamelov
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Right now, there are no plans about coop multiplayer.

So, start to make those plans inmediatly :D

Why not cooperative?. You will increase the game life, specially with an editor and SDK.

Jason
03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
You will increase the game life, specially with an editor and SDK.

"Increase shelf life" is what they like to hear :grin:

With Gmax available it does make it easier for smaller game companies to allow their customers to create new maps and such... provided they use 3d max in development

Pizzadvl
03-24-2009, 07:39 PM
It's annoying the guards can see through your disguise when you just walk and have done nothing. Fix? :)

slamelov
04-06-2009, 04:33 PM
"Increase shelf life" is what they like to hear :grin:

With Gmax available it does make it easier for smaller game companies to allow their customers to create new maps and such... provided they use 3d max in development

A game with long life can be sold for many years if it's good.