PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the game?

Evgeny
09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason. What are you wating from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts. :)

Soviet
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Look's kinda creepy, which i like

AGP
09-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Well what does push you into making an account on an official forum, and post?

The fact that the ideas that some developers have are wonderfully risky, and more then interesting. And i wanted to say that here cause C. is that kind of IP.

Cryostasis is one of my most analyzed games of the last months.
Sure, lot of hype behind the ultra-budget titles, but what about intelligent ideas? What about atmosphere and interesting plot? What about thrilling exploration more then an ultra violent, action, bulletspamming over used approach and greasy aliens and hearoes saving the world?

Bioshock (finally)proved it, Stalker did it too in a certain way - make a game that has intelligent premises, a coherent realization, a charismatic aestetic appeal, and some original features, and the game will be the choiche of lot of people that just don't want halo 3 but some thinking's man stuff THAT can appeal also your adrenalin needs.AND sells too.

The way Cryostasis is winning into my interest:

- the weapon choiche seems from the videos based on just different kind of old, rusty, corroded, broken, slow weapons. The rifle is single shot and takes a while to reload the chamber. As the Rail Gun in Quake, when a shot is powerful, small and reloading is slow, the tension grows up exponentially during a combat session.
You have a good shot, but if you miss it, you'll pay.GREAT.

- The cold system is not only a pseudo feature like in the mediocre Lost Planet. Here you have to find, activate, produce and DEPEND on warm sources. This is so atmospheric, realistic, and wonderfully inspiring that reminds me of the earlier decisions in STALKER to put hunt-for-food, or the way in ARX FATALIS you cook to survive.It's like John Carpenter's The Thing, you can almost feel the cold.

- The Mental echoes potential is enormous. If the game screenwriter is going to tell some very interesting stories and last minutes to the people that died, it will be amazing also in the story part.You guys gave the world Solaris, come on.Let's show the world that this meadium can be really serious.

- Sound seems amazing, just be sure to add tons of different claustrophobic sounds and stuff like this.

- Graphics seems pretty stylish.Be sure to polish the game well or it will look rough around the edges, one of the main reasons of why Stalker was criticized too much.
------

NOW, let me add you the only thing that i consider preatty weak.

Gamespot says in the Leipzig Convention HAnds ON:
"With the unique mental echoes system, as well as environmental temperature dynamics, Cryostasis should present the player with puzzles and scenarios never before seen in a video game. Of course, on top of that is regular combat with guns against, what else, zombies."

THey said it: REGULAR combat with, WHAT ELSE, ZOMBIES.
Come on, they clearly told you that and they are making fun of it:
1 - regular shooting is boring, with or without a machine gun or a granade launcher.
2 - shooting zombies is the WORST VIDEOGAME CLICHE EVER.

This is going to lower your possible success if you just fill the ship with ice zombies and this cheap stuff. Noone want to shoot zombies anymore except the geeks that will buy "Left 4 Dead" for this reason. Silent Hill 2, Bioshock again confirmed that a game to be scary has to feature well thought, stylish monster design and needs to provide you with a motivation better then "oh, the nasty evil zombie will kill me so i'll shoot and shoot again".
In Bioshock the people you fought could'nt be reduced to a word like "enemies" or "monsters".ANd the key to this was making them..human (in behaviour and expression too), and so... ambiguous.
------------

What do you think of those things? Will the developers read this posts?
ANd one question more: who writes the story and events for Cryostasis? Did you hire a professionale writer?

Anatoly
09-21-2007, 05:42 AM
Hi, and first of all thanks for the interest in our game. We are putting a lot of effort in this one.

Gamespot says in the Leipzig Convention HAnds ON:
"With the unique mental echoes system, as well as environmental temperature dynamics, Cryostasis should present the player with puzzles and scenarios never before seen in a video game. Of course, on top of that is regular combat with guns against, what else, zombies."

THey said it: REGULAR combat with, WHAT ELSE, ZOMBIES.
Come on, they clearly told you that and they are making fun of it:
1 - regular shooting is boring, with or without a machine gun or a granade launcher.
2 - shooting zombies is the WORST VIDEOGAME CLICHE EVER.

This is going to lower your possible success if you just fill the ship with ice zombies and this cheap stuff. Noone want to shoot zombies anymore except the geeks that will buy "Left 4 Dead" for this reason. Silent Hill 2, Bioshock again confirmed that a game to be scary has to feature well thought, stylish monster design and needs to provide you with a motivation better then "oh, the nasty evil zombie will kill me so i'll shoot and shoot again".
In Bioshock the people you fought could'nt be reduced to a word like "enemies" or "monsters".ANd the key to this was making them..human (in behaviour and expression too), and so... ambiguous.
------------

What do you think of those things? Will the developers read this posts?
ANd one question more: who writes the story and events for Cryostasis? Did you hire a professionale writer?

Second thing I would like to mention is that the enmies are NOT just REGULAR zombies. There is a whole story behind this game. And these are actually former crew members that lost their battle and gave in to the COLD. We will definetely epxplain more abouth these characters on the official web site of the game which is due to open pretty soon.

The members of the dev team will definitely be visitng this forum and answering your questions. Moreover we are of course in permanent contact with the developers, so our staff will also try to help you out with the questions.

Russian MTV has recently shown a program called Video Game Icon which was dedicated to Cryostasis. We have plans to tranlsate this one in English and it will available for download on the web site. I guess this TV feture should answer a lot of questions about the game.

AGP
09-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi, and first of all thanks for the interest in our game. We are putting a lot of effort in this one.

You deserve it ;)

Second thing I would like to mention is that the enmies are NOT just REGULAR zombies. There is a whole story behind this game. And these are actually former crew members that lost their battle and gave in to the COLD. We will definetely epxplain more abouth these characters on the official web site of the game which is due to open pretty soon.

Well, every Zombie has a whole story behind it. In RE, in Stalker, in DeaD Rising, etc. there's a reason developed in the story for it, that's a standard - zombies don't pop up from nowhere.
But fact is, what do you fight is a slow, dumb and straight-forward AI, characterized by being cheap-scary, moaning, and similar to the same archetype.
And most of all, is a "Monster", something quite primitive in concept.

I really suggest the team to rethink the choiche, cause the rest of the game is really awesome in comparison.
I would really like to hear form the development team what do they think about it.

I mean: their design is cool, and they look carismatic and enigmatic, way the opposite of what you think when you see the classic zombie in a game like, let's say, the upcoming Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. But surely the type of creature it is, gameplay talking, is what it is - the damn zombie. Put a zombie in the game, and that will be the lamest commercial excuse for a story ever, IMHO.Like Aztec cults, or a giant mech spider.

Anatoly
09-24-2007, 05:28 AM
All I can tell right now is that these are not just ice-cold zombies. We will definitely be able to tell more about the enemies on the web site which is due to open in a couple of weeks.
I'm sure the dev team will be able to tell a lot more about each one of them.

SmellyJelly
10-02-2007, 04:22 AM
So far I'm interested in this game, although I haven't been tracking it very closely. Still, once it get's closer to release and more info announced, I will keep watch on it. :D

Tyrant
10-11-2007, 01:25 AM
I think this game looks beautifal. Environment and "creatures" look creepy which is good. I think you should add some melee action with blocking. I would assume ammuntion on a ship would be limited. I would want a "creature" to limp after i shot it in leg since they're so damn resilent. Other than that, the game looks gorgeous! The ship would be so small how would you be able to make a game out of that? Unless you can go out into the icebergs or board a rescue ship or sumthing.

graphics: hot
gameplay: little stale (like being mauled by dude with axe though)
sound:good (could be better by adding weezeing breathing/people talkin to selves)
advantages/disadvantages: im not aware of any actually :shock:

:wink:

4eVeR
11-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Lets hope 1C will release it before Rig N Roll ...

number9ark
11-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Is there a trailor for this game yet ? I cannot seem to find 1 .

Evgeny
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Yes, there is a trailer, you can find it there: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/cryostasis-the-sleep-of-reason/downloads

number9ark
11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
thank you , I am downloading it now . 8)

Raziel
11-12-2007, 03:09 PM
game looks really creepy which i really like i like the idea of everything frozen its really cool tho i got the question...besides the health is that freezing bar bellow health? if it is its really cool idea.

i watched trailer and i think i saw something besides health and freezing came up first on my mind :lol:

Anatoly
11-13-2007, 05:51 AM
game looks really creepy which i really like i like the idea of everything frozen its really cool tho i got the question...besides the health is that freezing bar bellow health? if it is its really cool idea.

i watched trailer and i think i saw something besides health and freezing came up first on my mind :lol:

We use a thermometer in the game instead of a standard health bar. It has 2 indicators. One of them is a the internal body temperature and the other one shows the external temperature inside a room.

Avimimus
12-07-2007, 02:31 PM
The more frightening monster is the one that you never see. Anyway, I am curious about this so called "frost and ice" modeling (as a Canadian). How does it work?

Anatoly
12-07-2007, 02:49 PM
The more frightening monster is the one that you never see. Anyway, I am curious about this so called "frost and ice" modeling (as a Canadian). How does it work?

There is a program on MTV Russia called Video Games Icon, which features all the biggest hits in Russia. One of these programs was dedicated to Cryostasis and was shown not long ago. We are currently translating it and plan to put online with English subtitles. It covers almost all apprects of the game including the ice and frost technology.
Stay tuined, we plan to put it online either second part of December or in January. There's quire a lot to do on the translation side :)
Anyway we will make an announcemnet of this one on the web site and on the web.

Avimimus
12-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Okay, I will stay tuned.

P.S. Staying inside a steel structure increases heat loss (the steel effectively acts as a heat transmitter/radiator). Except in very high winds it is better to bury yourself in snow!

Anatoly
12-20-2007, 05:42 AM
Okay, I will stay tuned.

P.S. Staying inside a steel structure increases heat loss (the steel effectively acts as a heat transmitter/radiator). Except in very high winds it is better to bury yourself in snow!

It is true, except for one thing - there isn't much snow onboard. So it is ususally steel.

We are finishing the translation of the MTV Icon program and expect to launch it together with the web site after Christmas.

Avimimus
12-31-2007, 04:04 AM
Anatoly, thanks for answering the questions. It is good to meet people who doesn't think you're crazy when you say sitting in snow is warmer than hiding in an aluminum hut. Snow is good, no matter what side of the circle, isn't it?

Divebomb
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh man, I am literally bursting with anticipation over more info and possible a releasedate for this game. Seriously I'm blowing up watching and re-watching the few gameplay vids available on youtube and on the site here. More info soon, guys?

Kolorabi
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I love the sound effects in these trailers. Sounds really atmospheric!

Dima Kozmin
02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
The website is gonna be launched very soon. There you’ll find more info about the plot, videos and screenshots.

Dima
Action Forms

Divebomb
03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Ah, very cool. Thanks for the info.

Mango
03-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I've seriously had my fill of First Person Shooter games, but this one looks special!

What do I like best? The idea of Mental Echo, and the setting/location because a) it's new, and b) it sets up a great, suspensful atmosphere with lots of potential for game play.

Just one question... will the dialog be in Russian, with English subtitles (that would really be immersive!) or will it be translated to English dialog?

Hingerson
03-10-2008, 07:53 PM
this game looks very creepy im not a huge fps fan but I think I will be picking this one up.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
03-16-2008, 06:59 AM
What the system requirements of the game?

Anatoly
03-17-2008, 06:48 AM
What the system requirements of the game?

These aren't announced yet since the code hasn't been optimised yet. But they shouldn't be ultrta high.

Evgeny
03-17-2008, 07:11 AM
These reqs are not confirmed, but they are very close to the final ones.

Minimal:

Windows XP/ Vista;
Pentium 4 2,4 GHz;
RAM 1 Gb;
Videocard 256 Mb not worse than NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 Pro;
HDD 4 Gb;
Sound card compatible with DirectX 9.0;
DVD;
Keyboard;
Mouse.

Recomended:

Windows XP/ Vista;
Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+;
2 Gb RAM; Videocard 384 Mb not worse than NVIDIA Geforce 8800 or ATI Radeon 2900 Pro; HDD 6 Gb;
Sound card compatible with DirectX 9.0;
DVD;
Keyboard;
Mouse.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
03-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Is my AthlonX2 4400+ more powerful than a core duo 3ghz? My X2 4400 runs only 2.2ghz so it is slower than a 3ghz core duo, isnt it?

Jon
03-18-2008, 05:48 AM
I believe that is a Core Duo , no the Core 2 duo . Or is a error .

And about Cryostasis

http://www.cryostasis-game.com/

Jon
03-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Very nice update in the web ;)

P.W.
03-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Well, I've seen the trailer, and some screenshots, the game looks very cool, the history is original and the graphics are really great! Nice job 1C Company!

BAXTER STOCKMAN
03-28-2008, 07:24 PM
When the game will be released? FPS are my favorites games!! Will the game be released only for pc?

Jon
03-28-2008, 08:27 PM
When I put the link on the Web in the last page , for a few hours, was running the English version of the site. . This is some informacion of the site , in english .If it is wrong to put the information here, sorry , erased the message , Evgeny.
Administrator

The site is only operative in Russian

http://www.cryostasis-game.com/html/main.php

Arctic Circle

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason puts you in 1968 at the Arctic Circle, drifting Russian North Pole station “Pole 21”. The main character, Alexander Nesterov, is a meteorologist, incidentally caught inside an old nuclear ice-breaker North Wind, frozen in the ice desert for decades.

The Titan of steel, once desperately struggling for its life and freedom, capitulated to the dark and ominous power of the eternal Cold. With his bare hands, improvised means, rifles and machineguns, Nesterov has to fight the spawn of the Cryostasis - the undead former crewmen which under some strange metamorphosis had not only lost their natural looks, but the very right to rest in peace. Nesterov’s mission is to investigate the mystery of the ship’s captain’s death – or, as it may well be, a murder that caused the entire tragedy.

Alexander Nesterov is a Soviet polar meteorologist. This is a strong, robust and inquisitive man – a kind that won’t be scared by the creepy mysteries dwelling aboard a dead ship.

The events of the Cryostasis take place on a Soviet atomic icebreaker The North Wind. The virtual ship was created by the game developers in the image and likeness of the real existing ships built to perform Arctic expeditions. The North Wind belongs to the “Arctica” class, which embraces 6 nuclear-powered icebreakers, built on the territory of the Soviet Union. An Artcica icebreaker was the first ever ship to reach the North Pole. This is a powerful machine, thoroughly equipped for a voyage along the Northern Seaway. It represents a combination of the firmest alloys and the most progressive design ideas of its epoch. The vessels of this class still remain people’s irreplaceable assistants in the northernmost parts of the world. They are used for transporting research expedition crews, machinery and various freights. They pave the way for other boats less adjusted to the inhospitable Arctic Ocean.

Type: Icebreaker
Class: «Arctica»
Flag state: USSR
Displacement: 23 thousand tons
Length: 148 m
Width: 30 m
Depth: 17,2 m
Draft: 11,0 м
Maximum hull thickness : 48 mm
Main plant type: atomic turbo electric
General power-plant capacity: 75000 h.p.
Maximum fuel reserve: 4 years
Maximum speed in open water: 20,8 knots (approximately 40 km/h)
Maximum speed in polar ices: 12 knots (approximately 24 km/h)

Thermodynamics is a system of balance of Heat and Cold. It is a vitally important factor for all living beings and physical objects in the world of the game.

The task of the game?s Thermodynamics system is to convey the environment a human enters when crossing the Polar Circle, as well as to explain how vital and difficult to maintain the thermal balance can be in the real life.

In the game of Cryostasis, all objects, premises and characters have a certain temperature. The main Hero represents the only heat-loving creature on the Ship. All his enemies have long ago given up the hope of getting warm as well as to rest in peace. Therefore they turn all their infernal efforts on extermination of the only destabilizing element of their congealed reality: Alexander Nesterov.

To avoid freezing to death in the coldest areas, the player has to look for the sources of heat ? electric lamps, ovens, heaters, etc., to maintain his temperature balance.

The System of Thermodynamics is visually rendered by a gauge, consisting of two temperature scales and a yellow scale of stamina in the middle of the gauge. The outer scale reflects the balance of heat and cold of the environment, and the inner scale reflects that of the hero?s body. The ratio of the blue and read segments of the scales characterize the thermal balance. For successful functioning in the world of the game the Hero has to adjust the temperature of the surrounding to a comfortable level and also to get warm himself. Comfort temperature in the premises can be achieved by means of various conventional and unconventional methods, provided that the air conditioning system is off, the drafts are eliminated, and all monsters and Mental characters are removed. The temperature balance of the player gets back to normal under comfortable external conditions, and can be maintained with the help of warm clothes and physical activity, which however, requires a lot of stamina!

When the Hero enters cold premises, he starts loosing heat, and his personal temperature balance shifts towards cold, but only to the degree conditioned by the environment. If the character protects himself by sheltering from the icy wind and blizzards, he will not freeze to death, just loose energy. In order to survive, the Hero is forced to change the surrounding world inside the Ship, adjusting it for his needs. He uses certain device to heat and activate other ones, step by step winning the living space from the monsters of Cold to bring the Ship back to life.

Mental Echo is the Hero?s ability to penetrate the memory of other characters on board in order to change their actions, committed in the past.

The Hero hits upon a person or any other creature, whose course of life was interrupted by some dramatic event. Alexander Nesterov approaches the body and activates his unique ability of Mental Echo. The flashes of mysterious light bring him realistic and vivid recollections of the deceased. This ability is not just a flashback of the other person?s memory. Mental Echo is a full-fledged trip into the life of the Mental character that allows Nesterov to influence the fatal course of actions of the past and to remedy the situation in present. It reinforces the emotional contrast between the once living Ship and her listless remains at present.

The Mental characters are the creatures who died under horrible circumstances, fighting for their lives against the inevitable and, as it seemed, invincible Cold. At the very moment of the shipwreck they failed to perform their task and preferred a short-time delay of their own death to sacrificing themselves for the sake of the common salvation. But the Cold won?t let them rest in peace. They remain His eternal hostages on the field of their last and hopelessly lost battle for Life. Having fallen in the battle, they become the sources of cold themselves, and spread it into the surrounding.

While the Hero is delving into the past of the Mental characters, the world around him transforms. He finds himself aboard the Ship at the time when she and her crewmen were still alive. The abandoned premises again become warm and well-groomed. One can hear voices and sounds of people?s activity, occupied with their routine jobs, and the noise of the engine room. Voice announcements sound from the communicators, and music can be heard from the loud-speakers.

Suddenly, the regular life of the Ship is disrupted, and the player becomes a direct witness and participant of the catastrophe, that struck the North Wind. He?s got an alternative: try to save the Ship and the fellow crewmen, or try to get saved by himself. Cold and hopelessness penetrate into the soul of the Ship. From now on the characters are forced to fight not only with the forces of nature, but also against their former colleagues, who became the slaves of the Cold, his prisoners and watchdogs.

At the beginning, the Hero, who hasn’t obtained the whole arsenal, will be forced to fight the monsters, practically, with his bare hands. To increase the efficiency of his attack, Alexander Nesterov takes an old water valve, torn off a rusty high-pressure pipe. The valve is heavy. It complicates the fighting and slows the movements of the attacking hand, but increases the damage greatly!

The controls during the fight are performed with the help of keyboard and mouse buttons. Left mouse button – punch, right button – block. Foreward, Backward, Left Strafe and Right Strafe buttons define the type of the hit and the trajectory.

For instance, press Right Strafe and left mouse button and you perform a right hand hook from the right. Press Right Strafe, Back and left mouse button and you hit an appercut with your right hand. A block is performed with a right mouse button.

It is possible and necessary to use series of hits and think out the most efficient combos. For example: Right Strafe, left mouse button and, while hitting press Left Strafe, left mouse button. The Hero will perform a hook with his right hand from the right and while turning his body back hits with the other side of his right hand. To succeed in a close combat one should remember to maneuver, jump and duck.

Jon
03-28-2008, 08:37 PM
And some "new "screens

http://www.cryostasis-game.com/html/main.php

http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/thumbnail_1.jpg (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_1.jpg)http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/thumbnail_2.jpg (http://"http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_2.jpg)http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/thumbnail_3.jpg (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_3.jpg)

http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screens...ots/image_5.jpg (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_5.jpg)
http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screens...ots/image_6.jpg (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_6.jpg)
http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screens...ots/image_7.jpg (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_7.jpg)
http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screens...ots/image_8.jpg (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_8.jpg)
http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screens...ots/image_9.jpg (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/img/screenshots/image_9.jpg)

Evgeny
03-31-2008, 06:00 AM
We're working on the english version of the website, it's gonna be launched soon.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
03-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I have a suggestion for you guys!! I think that the game needs some new monsters and not only zombies ( there are zombies in many games anyway). Well long time ago i was planning to develop a mod for DOOM3 but since i and my team didnt have enough time to work on it we decided to dont make it. However, we draw some new cool monsters on the papers (we were planning to use those monsters on our mod) but since our mod was canceled we never used them. These monsters are completely new and never seen in any game before. So do you want me to sent you the screenshots of my monsters to use them in your game? I will be very happy if you bring them to life!!!!

Evgeny
04-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Ok, we'll send your offer to the developers. May be they will use your characters. ;)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Thank you very much!! I will sent you the characters soon!!

Dima Kozmin
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
send it to me, please! I'm not sure we'll use them in the game, but who knows...

dimak@action-forms.com

Dima Kozmin
04-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Also see some new screens here:
http://community.livejournal.com/anabiosis_game/600.html#cutid1

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Weill i dont have them now because i gave them to a friend of mine some time ago. I talked with him 1 minute ago. He will sent them to me with email today or tommorow. When i get them i will sent them to you!!:):) Dont worry!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Jon
04-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Also see some new screens here:
http://community.livejournal.com/anabiosis_game/600.html#cutid1

Nice screens !! :-P

Dima Kozmin
04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Nice screens !! :-P Thnx! Gonna get u some new ones soon.

Jon
04-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Well, we hope the screens :grin: . But perhaps this game looks better in video, with the motion blur , the ice refractions , the dust of the snow ... . The motion blur is awersome in the trailer .

The game or the screens used DX 10 ?

http://www.windowsvistamagazin.de/?article_id=638379

DX10- play: New Screenshots to Cryostasis

Direct X 10

02.04.2008 21:43 o'clock - you wake up on an apparently left ice-breaker in the arctic and fight around surviving. Now new, impressive Screenshots of the Ego Shooters emerged, which finds you in our picture gallery.
As to be expected it is in an inhuman way cold on the spirit ship in the arctic. As announcement to the life energy the developers use a temperature indication, which constantly high the player must keep, in order to survive. The former crew transformed in its ice-cold sleep meanwhile into ice monsters, which absorb all heat energy of the environment. An oppressing and ice-cold conception. The Screenshots obtains a first picture of the play

Dx 10 ?

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-03-2008, 10:39 AM
PLEASE DONT MAKE it DX 10!!!!!!:(:( I BEG YOU!!! VISTA ALREADY KILLS PERFOMANCE IN ALL GAMES And i will never install them!! I will stay with XP forever!!!!! Will it work on DX 9C and windows xp???

Evgeny
04-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Minimal sys reqs:

Windows XP/ Vista; Pentium 4 2,4 Ghz; RAM 1 Gb; videocard 256 Mb not worse than NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 Pro; HDD 4 Gb; sound card, compatible with DirectX 9.0; DVD; keyboard; mouse.

Recomended sys reqs:

Windows XP/ Vista; Intel Core 2 Duo 3 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+; RAM 2 Gb; videocard 384 Мб not worse than NVIDIA Geforce 8800 or ATI Radeon 2900; HDD 6 Gb; sound card, compatible with DirectX 9.0; DVD; keyboard; mouse.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
oK then!! I was afraid that it will not work on xp, but now it ok!

Jon
04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
http://photofile.es/users/cryostasis/2005563/ :shock::shock:

Dima Kozmin
04-04-2008, 03:01 PM
http://photofile.es/users/cryostasis/2005563/ :shock::shock:

That's good. I was just going to post that link. Do u like it?

Jon
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, I saw your link in Gameinator ;). I try to read the forums with a Russian translator online. In the West is not as common the feedback in the forums with the for developers , in Russia and Ukraine the best information is in the forums , writen by the developers;).

I like the graphics , the models are quite good artistically, give us fear , not laughter . But maybe the game seems more impressive in the videos, with the motion blur and other effects such as shaders ice, the snow dust etc .

But well, finally, the core of the gameplay and atmosphere , in the videos of short duration looks very interesing for my . Now , the cuestion is . Is suficient the scenary and this gameplay , for 6 or 8 - or 10 - hours of gameplay ?

Evgeny
04-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Well, I saw your link in Gameinator ;). I try to read the forums with a Russian translator online. In the West is not as common the feedback in the forums with the for developers , in Russia and Ukraine the best information is in the forums , writen by the developers;).

I like the graphics , the models are quite good artistically, give us fear , not laughter . But maybe the game seems more impressive in the videos, with the motion blur and other effects such as shaders ice, the snow dust etc .

But well, finally, the core of the gameplay and atmosphere , in the videos of short duration looks very interesing for my . Now , the cuestion is . Is suficient the scenary and this gameplay , for 6 or 8 - or 10 - hours of gameplay ?

Yes, the average gameplay time is about 10 hours.

Dima Kozmin
04-08-2008, 03:46 PM
yeah, 8-10 hours usually. but I'm gonna spend a little more time on examining the ship. the locations are awesome

Jon
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Is the only localization in the ship?. It is interesting to know the solution of the developers for the problem of the monotony. The games in indoors and only with one localization are easily boring after some hours of gameplay, there are well-known examples in AAA games. In Cryostasis seems that the exploration and puzles will be important as well as the mental echo - to travel to other time, to the past - maybe this is the way for less monotony.

I think that perphas this is the main work for Action Forms . The engine and the concept of gameplay is right, looks nice, we have seen the videos and is very interesting and the graphic engine is very advanced. Well, maybe I speak too much, Sorry for my English, is very bad. :mrgreen:

Evgeny
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
There will be more than 15 levels in the game. The game won't be boring anyway, it's an interesting and exciting story with many characters, whose actions influence the environment and evnts. THe main interest is that a player will have to play for dozens of different characters to do the things they hadn't managed to do.
And the story will take place in different beautiful and awful locations from prison shells to dazzling white outdoors. And, certainly, there will be some surprises. ;)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I have a very important question for you guys!! Will there be any female characters in the game??

Anatoly
04-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I have a very important question for you guys!! Will there be any female characters in the game??

Haven't seen any female monsters in the game :)

Evgeny
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
No, there won't be female characters, because they wouldn't endure such severe conditions.

Dima Kozmin
04-11-2008, 11:09 AM
sure, there are female cows ))

Jon
04-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Well maybe in 1968 in the USSR it was not possible to a woman in an icebreaker, but today there are women in almost all professions. Very few in the firefighters, the elite corps of the army or the police , but exist.

For me is credible this in a icebreaker of the Soviet navy in the year 1968. But it is not very credible for example, in the world of STALKER.

Well, waiting September :grin:

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Dima i sent you the screenshots of my monsters!! Check your email!!:):grin::grin:

Jon
04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Baxter , send a female monster :mrgreen:

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-14-2008, 07:33 PM
I dont have any female monsters yet!:mrgreen::mrgreen:!! All the monsters that i draw are males!!

Dima Kozmin
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
great monsters, do u mind if i post them on this page?

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-15-2008, 02:28 PM
No if you want post them!!!

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-15-2008, 02:39 PM
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7986/monster1lc7.jpgHere is the first monster:

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8991/monster2ft2.jpg]

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-15-2008, 02:44 PM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5461/monster2nm0.jpg

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-15-2008, 02:45 PM
And here is the second one! I will try to create some more monsters too!

Jon
04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Impressive Baxter !! But I prefer females :mrgreen:

BAXTER STOCKMAN
04-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah it took me a long time to draw them! I will try and create some female monsters ... But i think that monsters must be male not females!:) Why do you prefer female monsters?????

BAXTER STOCKMAN
05-08-2008, 04:49 AM
Any news about Cryostasis? What going on?

Anatoly
05-08-2008, 05:28 AM
Any news about Cryostasis? What going on?

The guys are working hard on the new build and some new assets. Expect new screenshots and a new in-game video pretty soon.
We are also working on the web site which is going to be luanched in during this month or early June.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
05-08-2008, 07:15 PM
oK! I am waiting!! Anyway what do you think about my monsters? Will you create monsters that will be similar to mine?

Jon
05-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Baxter , maybe in publishing in the West would have to be censored, especially in the U.S A , as the rats of Stalker, which are too horrific.

And another thing , I have read about the launching of a demo, with three levels. Perhaps I have misunderstood, I read with a online translator in some russian forums

Also I read about a testing with gamers , to decide which way to the mental echo will be used, because today are three modes and not is clear what is the best for the easy comprension of all gamers .

BAXTER STOCKMAN
05-10-2008, 09:14 PM
And why it will be censored in uac? What are you talking about? And we dont live in uac so i dont care if they censored it or not.

Dima Kozmin
05-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Also I read about a testing with gamers , to decide which way to the mental echo will be used, because today are three modes and not is clear what is the best for the easy comprension of all gamers .

this is not exactly what we meant to say on that Russian forum. The aim of the focus-testing is to understand if all the peculiarities of the game are properly understand by the gamers make all these features understandable.

Jon
05-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Ok. Thanks Dima;). Thank you for your comments in the forums.

Dima Kozmin
05-14-2008, 04:16 PM
u're welcome! thnx for reading them

SteelDragon
06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Well, i personally think it should have the same mentality as Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Lots of creepy riddles/puzzles/secrets and such. Make the "re living" function, very significant.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-10-2008, 06:13 PM
FPS?horror games are my favorite games!!!! My favorite horror game is DOOM3. I have finished it more than 100 times. I am very brave, and i am not scared at all when i play a scary or very violent game! I have also finished Clive barker jericho that is more scary than doom 3 with full grahics on my pc. I was playing it evry night with all lights off and it was very enjoyable! Will cryostasis be more scary than doom3 or jericho? Will 1c release any more pc exculsive fps scary games? Another scary game that i finished about 2 weeks ago was the F.E.A.R. Trilogy. (F.E.AR.1, F.E.A.R.2: Exctraction point and F.E.AR.3.: PERSEUS MANDATE) Iam looking forward to the project orign( it will be the sequel to F.E.A.R.3 and it will be released october this year.) Will Cryostasis be so scary as the mentioned games are?

Nike-it
06-11-2008, 05:28 AM
FPS?horror games are my favorite games!!!! My favorite horror game is DOOM3. I have finished it more than 100 times. I am very brave, and i am not scared at all when i play a scary or very violent game! I have also finished Clive barker jericho that is more scary than doom 3 with full grahics on my pc. I was playing it evry night with all lights off and it was very enjoyable! Will cryostasis be more scary than doom3 or jericho? Will 1c release any more pc exculsive fps scary games? Another scary game that i finished about 2 weeks ago was the F.E.A.R. Trilogy. (F.E.AR.1, F.E.A.R.2: Exctraction point and F.E.AR.3.: PERSEUS MANDATE) Iam looking forward to the project orign( it will be the sequel to F.E.A.R.3 and it will be released october this year.) Will Cryostasis be so scary as the mentioned games are?

Cryostasis is pretty scary game, especially if playing in dark room:) To my mind it is much more scary than mentioned games.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Realy? I thought that Doom3 was the most scary game right now! (personaly i am not scary at all!!) They said that jericho was very scary game but i played evry night with all light off and i didnt find it scary! Same for Condemend:Criminal origin. There is not any game that can scare me!

Nike-it
06-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Realy? I thought that Doom3 was the most scary game right now! (personaly i am not scary at all!!) They said that jericho was very scary game but i played evry night with all light off and i didnt find it scary! Same for Condemend:Criminal origin. There is not any game that can scare me!

Then you should wait for Cryostasis and try it yourself;)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-11-2008, 07:51 AM
How much do i need to wait for cryostasis???? Will it be released this summer? Or later??

Nike-it
06-11-2008, 08:05 AM
How much do i need to wait for cryostasis???? Will it be released this summer? Or later??

It's going to be released in October 2008

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-11-2008, 08:42 AM
So i have to wait 4 months!:) And necrovison? Will it be relasesd it in october 2008 too? Are there any other 1c games that will be released between june and october?

Nike-it
06-11-2008, 09:03 AM
If we are talking about FPS, then the answer is "no". Necrovision is also going to be released this autumn

BAXTER STOCKMAN
06-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Will necrovision relesed in october 2008 like cryostasis?

Nike-it
06-16-2008, 06:29 AM
Will necrovision relesed in october 2008 like cryostasis?

The exact date is not specified yet, I will post as soon as it is announced.