PDA

View Full Version : 4.101 Support & Bug Reporting

daidalos.team
02-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Dear IL-2 fans,

As before please report any 4.101 related issues here. Be specific and precise. Pictures, tracks, logs are most helpful.

Please do not use this thread for discussions. It's for reporting only. We would like to keep this thread as clean as possible. Thank you for respecting this.

Known limitation of 4.101:

Please do not use the following regiments. They will cause incorrect loading.

Stab/JG 1
Stab/JG 5
I./KG 4
Nahaufkl.Gr. 1
KGrzbV 5
KGrzbV 50
KGrzbV 40
KGrzbV 60
Escadrila 4 Recunoaştere

Zorin
02-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Two things I notice regarding boost messages. Both Fulmar and Do217 display wrong boost system name.

Gryphon_
02-16-2011, 12:35 AM
The DS throws a null pointer exception when it tries to load a V1 rocket like the one in the attached map. The DS keeps running, but there is no V1 in game.

Azimech
02-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Nice to be able to request the runway lights at 10km, but they are still only visible from 5km or less. Airfield campfires are visible starting at 10km.

And requesting those lights on Slovakian or Bessarabian wide grass fields seems not to be possible. I get no answer, and nothing happens, even when parked or ditched on the runway. What are the allowed parameters for placing them?

The two-engined jets still have the bug that if you increase one engine to 100%, automatically the other one follows. This doesn't happen in piston-engined aircraft.

kennel
02-16-2011, 05:47 AM
MK101 & 103 still not visible in arming screen on the HS-129. They show up in game however.

csThor
02-16-2011, 07:15 AM
MK101 & 103 still not visible in arming screen on the HS-129. They show up in game however.

Won't change since they're part of the aircraft texture and can be skinned by the player. But the downside of this is that they're not visible in the arming screen. :-?

JtD
02-16-2011, 08:11 AM
The two-engined jets still have the bug that if you increase one engine to 100%, automatically the other one follows. This doesn't happen in piston-engined aircraft.

Works OK for me. Maybe you can send a mail to TD, with your hardware setup and enclose a small track where it happens?

Azimech
02-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Forgot to mention, it only happens with sliders, not with the keyboard.

Franboy01
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Hello,

I'd like to share a bug that many have found. In the French version, when I set the controls and I want to put a command button, for example"μ" , when I select, left, is marked instead of "μ" I have this: "////". And it's not just for this key !

A problem in the translation surely ! :???:

Thank you in advance !!

PS: Sorry for my bad English because I use a translator and I'm French !

JtD
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Franboy, this seems to be because the game takes every keyboard as a US keyboard.

However, the button you press in the setup will be the one working in game, even if it gets the same label. At least in my case.

Zorin
02-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Franboy, this seems to be because the game takes every keyboard as a US keyboard.

However, the button you press in the setup will be the one working in game, even if it gets the same label. At least in my case.

Well my Ü and Ä do not work anymore.

Nicholaiovitch
02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Please supply online Home Base spawning position info. for invisible runway 5 and 6 in DF missions.

A small diagram or just a few lines would help enormously in refining DF missions for online use.

Do players spawn line astern near runway threshold? Echelon as AI? Other?

Many thanks.

Nicholaiovitch:-)

JtD
02-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Well my Ü and Ä do not work anymore.

Still work for me. So do y and z. They show as something else, but work OK.

Zorin
02-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Still work for me. So do y and z. They show as something else, but work OK.

Mine show as Ü and Ä in the setup screen but pressing the button just doesn't return anything anymore.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Mine works too. But indeed show strange signs in the setup.

FAE_Cazador
02-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Hello, I'd like to share a bug that many have found. In the French version, when I set the controls and I want to put a command button, for example"μ" , when I select, left, is marked instead of "μ" I have this: "////". And it's not just for this key !

This has happened as well with Spanish keyboards, probably from the very beginning of IL2, I can't remember it. When you assign non-standard latin alphabet letters, like º ª + ç . ; ' etc etc to some actions, other signs are shown on the setup screen, but the assigned key works well. The reason probably is that marked by JtD regarding different country-keyboards. Just write down your assigned keys in your alphabet.

blowpipe
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Is there a learning mode for Morse and where?
Thanks in advance:confused:

Gunshi091
02-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Here blowpipe , someone made a cool tool for the community ;) :

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4006

Download and print it , it's very easy to use it afterwards

OrangeYoshi
02-16-2011, 10:14 PM

From the 4.101 changelog:

46. Players complain that hearing/understanding Morse code is too difficult. Added "learning mode" and ability to show Morse code as text & conf.ini parameters to enable it.

Client side can enable this feature with ShowMorseAsText=1 (under GAME) and server side can disable this online with allowMorseAsText=0 (under NET)

blowpipe
02-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks Gunshi091, but I already have it.
I read in the list of fixes for a possible ,,Learning mode ,,and a textline in the conf.ini.
Is it possible to add a textline like ,,ShowMorseAsText=1 in the game section?
Anybo:confused:dy?

RaptorRage
02-17-2011, 02:17 AM
When going into a Dogfight mission and checking the arming page, the aircraft listing includes the entire roster of non-flyable AI aircraft rather than only player flyable aircraft.

If selecting one of the non-flyable aircraft and entering the game, it starts with the clipped view within the terrain, and of course no ability to enter the cockpit. Going to external view will show the selected AI aircraft either on the ground or flying with no control capability.

Ventura
02-17-2011, 02:29 AM
First and foremost, thank you very much for your time on 4.10.1. :)

A minor and possibly already mentioned issue is that of Artillery pieces (In this case, the 75mm and 105mm IJA howitzers) positioned in dug in emplacements or sandbag positions.
Though the barrel physically clears the emplacements and or sandbags, the guns do not/cannot shoot. Ive tried moving the gun back within the emplacement with no resolution. As i said kind of a minor thing, but it does look cooler when they are in a reinforced emplacement!

Again, Thank you TD!

orangefood
02-17-2011, 03:19 AM
He-111 is all messed up. Only one visible bomb when flying with 2. Also, brakes are stuck on the left wheel. Other then that good job!

Genosse
02-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Folks!

For some reason I cannot change the compass heading nor select any beacon given in any DF nor COOP mission anymore. Can anybody confirm this? Maybe it's concerning just my IL-2 installation...

:confused:

** EDIT ***

After activating the "realistic navigation" option the compass and beacon setting worked again. Sorry to bother you, folks! :rolleyes:

SaQSoN
02-17-2011, 06:52 AM
A minor and possibly already mentioned issue is that of Artillery pieces (In this case, the 75mm and 105mm IJA howitzers) positioned in dug in emplacements or sandbag positions.
Though the barrel physically clears the emplacements and or sandbags, the guns do not/cannot shoot. Ive tried moving the gun back within the emplacement with no resolution.

This is known issue from long ago. For some reason, AI thinks, that the trench is in the field of fire and AI doesn't "see" targets.

There is the way around it: using the "destruction" tool in FMB set the trenches to "destroyed" state. They won't look much different from the intact ones, but the gun inside the trench will be able to fire.

Alien
02-17-2011, 05:14 PM
I cannot launch game :( When I double-clicked shortcut, nothing happened. Made the same with exe file - the same thing.

JtD
02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Sounds as if something is broken with your install - maybe try downloading the patch again, in case this is the broken part?

SEE
02-17-2011, 07:44 PM
46. Players complain that hearing/understanding Morse code is too difficult. Added "learning mode" and ability to show Morse code as text & conf.ini parameters to enable it.
Client side can enable this feature with ShowMorseAsText=1 (under GAME) and server side can disable this online with allowMorseAsText=0 (under NET)

I have added 'ShowMorseAsText=1' to the config.ini and works fine but is 'learning mode' the same as the Morse appearing in text? From the above it could be interpreted as two additions to the new patch.

Many thanks TD and the Spitty is great...or am I suffering a 4.101 placebo effect............:grin:

Alien
02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Redownloaded from other mirror, installed over and still doesn't work :(

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Just for checkup, Alien... you had a clean 4.07 -> 4.08 -> 4.09 -> 4.10 before?

MrBaato
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Loosing a wing with the p11 is pretty glitchy

The damage done cant always be seen from the cockpit

FG28_Kodiak
02-18-2011, 10:48 AM
@Alien:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zgymzymi00j/IL2Dlls.rar
Use the mg_snd_*.dlls from this rar they will normaly solve the problem.

FG28_Kodiak
02-18-2011, 10:52 AM
When going into a Dogfight mission and checking the arming page, the aircraft listing includes the entire roster of non-flyable AI aircraft rather than only player flyable aircraft.

If selecting one of the non-flyable aircraft and entering the game, it starts with the clipped view within the terrain, and of course no ability to enter the cockpit. Going to external view will show the selected AI aircraft either on the ground or flying with no control capability.
I confirm this Bug, have it also on some Dogfight Maps. New Clean Install, no Mods installed.

KG26_Alpha
02-18-2011, 11:22 AM
He-111 is all messed up. Only one visible bomb when flying with 2. Also, brakes are stuck on the left wheel. Other then that good job!

I cannot replicate these errors.

orangefood
02-18-2011, 02:54 PM
use sc-2000

Qpassa
02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
use sc-2000

proof:
http://i.imgur.com/z90bh.png
Also happens in JU-88
http://i.imgur.com/nnjQl.png

MicroWave
02-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Spanish language is not supported officially.
You must be using a mod.

EDIT: You are supposed to have only 1 bomb. The issues you are having are those with localization. The text should say 1xSC 2000 regardless how the internal variable is called. ;)

EvilJoven
02-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I can't choose 2xSC2000 as a loadout at all. Everything else with the HE-111 seems fine.

I have found some issues though:

I can confirm that if you make a DF mission without aircraft limitations it makes AI craft selectable.
EDIT: Temporary work around is to edit the home base and make at least one plane unavailable.

I still can't make the MK13 Late torpedo available in DF no matter what I've tried. I've gone so far as to edit the mission file manually.

MicroWave
02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I can't choose 2xSC2000 as a loadout at all. Everything else with the HE-111 seems fine.

I can confirm that if you make a DF mission without aircraft limitations it makes AI craft selectable.

I still can't make the MK13 Late torpedo available in DF no matter what I've tried. I've gone so far as to edit the mission file manually.

Wasn't AI planes selectable in DF requested feature? I think it is meant to work with no cockpit servers.

MK13 Late has a lower date limit. I don't have the files with me so I can't tell you when they were introduced, but try to set the date to 1946 or something. Oh, and we know that FMB shows MK13 Late regardless of the date.

EvilJoven
02-18-2011, 07:43 PM
That fixed the torpedos, Thanks.

As for making AI planes available on DF servers by default, I'm pretty sure what people wanted was to be able to make them flyable if they edited them in to the home base parameters, not available by default. A lot of us play with externals on simply because taxiing is rather hazardous without externals due to stuff like planes spawning right in front of you and don't want to be able to fly planes without cockpits.

Qpassa
02-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Well It's a non official tranlation because OM or 1C or Ubi didnt thought in the Spanish and Latinoamerican players( and why we have asked repeatedly held that Spanish ought to be supported in this simulator :rolleyes: )
I' ll reinstall tomorrow thanks :-)

Aviar
02-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Wasn't AI planes selectable in DF requested feature? I think it is meant to work with no cockpit servers.

I'm not sure about that. However, AI planes were requested to be available as Recon planes in the MDS....and this was indeed added in 4.10.1.

Aviar

RaptorRage
02-19-2011, 03:58 AM
EDIT: Temporary work around is to edit the home base and make at least one plane unavailable.

I verified in FMB that moving an aircraft to the reserved list in a dogfight map homebase will remove the nonflyable AI planes from the list when playing the map. However I now have found that if you go back into FMB and put the reserved aircraft back to the available list, that it now appears at the bottom of the aircraft list for that dogfight map rather than in its original alphabetical location, and the AI aircraft that were originally present also do not reappear in the list.

Alien
02-19-2011, 04:23 PM
OK, problem solved :) THX!

kennel
02-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Flying online on Spits vs 109s 4.10.1, I watched 2 AI bombers possibly HE111s
do a bomb drop. I estimate distance at least 2km the bombers were black specks however I saw 2 glowing fluro blue dots which I imagine to be the bombs fall away from the bombers, they reminded me of the photon torpedos you get with Star trek, but im in a 190 on the Eastern front.

Azimech
02-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Flying online on Spits vs 109s 4.10.1, I watched 2 AI bombers possibly HE111s
do a bomb drop. I estimate distance at least 2km the bombers were black specks however I saw 2 glowing fluro blue dots which I imagine to be the bombs fall away from the bombers, they reminded me of the photon torpedos you get with Star trek, but im in a 190 on the Eastern front.

Read the 4.10 guide and enlighten yourself :)

KG26_Alpha
02-19-2011, 04:57 PM

I cannot replicate these errors.

use sc-2000

proof:
http://i.imgur.com/z90bh.png
Also happens in JU-88
http://i.imgur.com/nnjQl.png

From the 4.10 release notes readme file.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17765

Weapon related changes:
New 3D models for SC50, SC70 & Wfr.Gr. 21.
New ETC50VIIId bomb rack for Bf 109 series.
All new weapon meshes for Hs-129.
Loadout changes for Bf 109 & He 111 H-6 & Ju 88 A-4.
Torpedo-Kommandogerät for Ju 88 A-17, Ju 88 A-4/Torp and He 111 H-6.
Fuse arming for bombs.
Realistic torpedo drop speeds & heights.
External stores jettison feature. (bombs, BK7.5 & Wfr.Gr. 21).
Adjusted ammo count for F6F-3, F6F-5, Bf 109, Morane & various IL-2 variants.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Indeed... 2xSC2000 and 2xSC1800 were unhistorical loadouts.

Qpassa
02-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Ok, thanks fellas

CadMan
02-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Getting this on some bases on solomon's maps as well.

..................And requesting those lights on Slovakian or Bessarabian wide grass fields seems not to be possible. I get no answer, and nothing happens, even when parked or ditched on the runway. What are the allowed parameters for placing them?......

Also now 4101 setting lights to none no longer leaves them on, landing light request now controls them.

Gryphon_
02-19-2011, 09:49 PM
When building missions with the new Test Runway 5, it is possible to create a base (on very flat ground) with ground spawns - which is a big step forward.

Unfortunately, while in the aircraft taking off it looks like you are on the ground, but in external view you are on an invisible runway some feet above it.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately, while in the aircraft taking off it looks like you are on the ground, but in external view you are on an invisible runway some feet above it.

This the case, when at one point or edge the runway object is on a small hill or such, and the whole runway object, staying 100% horizontal, is shifted upward by this. To prevent this, make sure its all 100% flat area (which hardly will be anywere else than water, small islands and near rivers).

Its no bug.

Spinnetti
02-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed already or not, but the load screen since 4.10 has appeared to be about 8bit color depth.. Worked fine in all version up to then.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed already or not, but the load screen since 4.10 has appeared to be about 8bit color depth.. Worked fine in all version up to then.

Please make a screenshot of that! :-P

Spinnetti
02-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Please make a screenshot of that! :-P

Sorry, was my mistake... not an issue with 4.101.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Ok, thanks!

rakinroll
02-20-2011, 10:17 PM
I noticed that Bf-109F-4 get overheat very quickly. I was able to run at 105% throttle with fully open radiator without any overheat. And also i got some freezes after updating 4.101.

1.JaVA_Sharp
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
can't reset proppitch on my stick. In some cases I see the proppitch lever moving along with the throttle..

dflion
02-22-2011, 03:44 AM
I have attached a grab of an airfield on the Palau/Online Map showing the 'red tint' still appearing. I have successfully installed 4101.

Thanks DFLion

IceFire
02-22-2011, 04:42 AM
I noticed that Bf-109F-4 get overheat very quickly. I was able to run at 105% throttle with fully open radiator without any overheat. And also i got some freezes after updating 4.101.

Which map? That is a key factor... some maps are hotter than others.

JtD
02-22-2011, 05:36 AM
I have attached a grab of an airfield on the Palau/Online Map showing the 'red tint' still appearing. I have successfully installed 4101.

Thanks DFLion

It is supposed to be like that in the FMB. It should be invisible when playing, though.

rakinroll
02-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Which map? That is a key factor... some maps are hotter than others.

Sry IceFire, i did not know that map is effecting the engine coolant system. When this option added to the game?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Its been there for a long time.

JG53Frankyboy
02-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Sry IceFire, i did not know that map is effecting the engine coolant system. When this option added to the game?

fly a Ju88 or a He111 for example to test it, they have temprature gauges :)

dflion
02-23-2011, 03:44 AM
It is supposed to be like that in the FMB. It should be invisible when playing, though.

Thanks JtD,
Unfortunately it is still visible when flying the mission? This airfield is a recreation of the Japanese 'Zero' fighter base at 'Vunakanau' near Simpson Harbour Rabaul which I am using the Palau/Online map to simulate.
DFLion
PS The Solomon Islands Maps are excellent!

rakinroll
02-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Its been there for a long time.

fly a Ju88 or a He111 for example to test it, they have temprature gauges :)

Thank you guys, good information.

dflion
02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
I have reloaded 4.101 and now everything working ok. Thanks
DFLion

BadAim
02-24-2011, 01:18 AM
can't reset proppitch on my stick. In some cases I see the proppitch lever moving along with the throttle..

I'm having a similar/the same problem. My prop pitch seems to move around randomly. I thought it was my stick gone haywire at first, but it seems to be fine in the stick manager.

1.JaVA_Sharp
02-24-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm having a similar/the same problem. My prop pitch seems to move around randomly. I thought it was my stick gone haywire at first, but it seems to be fine in the stick manager.

For some reason the problem is now fine and solved....

Romanator21
02-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Some bugs (some are probably very old). I want to repeat a couple things, because I'm not sure if they were seen.

Yak-1 forward canopy frames disappeared during the course of a dogfight - I think this has to do with damage, probably of the engine or cockpit, in the way that the frames on the Corsair Mk.I turn white.

On some planes, the tires do not roll at low speeds, such as the Yak-1

I was messing around and noticed that 4 men bailed from an He-111 while 4 remained inside (dead). I repeated this again, this time with 5 bailing, and 4 remaining. From the cockpit alone, two men bailed, and both remained inside. It's as if ghosts jumped out of the bodies! (or pilots were having an out of body experience ;) )

When the engines stop on the He-111, one prop is grey (not black) and doesn't bend on impact with terrain (instead, clipping occurs).

Pu-2.5 ordinance still without texture (old bug).

On the Spit Mk9 1942 version, there is a charred hole texture, but no hole. This is similar to the kind of damage that appears on the Bf-110 rudders when shot up with the gunner - a "chunk" is taken from the rudder (normal) which then fills up again as more damage is taken, leaving the charred paint texture, but no apparent damage. I can't remember where else I've seen this kind of bug (rudders and elevator surfaces of some planes?)

I mentioned this before, but the Re-2000 emergency iron-sight is not lined up properly and makes aiming difficult. When hitting outside view, then inside view, the alignment is even worse, and one has to hit ShiftF1 a couple times to get it to the closer (but still wrong) alignment.

Previously mentioned, but many planes have ghost-props which do not munch/stop when coming into contact with another plane. I was doing silly formations and wondering how in the world I could get so close - until I pressed F2 and saw the clipping :)

Previously reported, but there is a damage bug with regards to the Dauntless. When shooting the left wing center-section (where flaps are) the oil cooler under the nose will begin to smoke. To eliminate variables, this was done with the plane's own gunner, which still caused this reaction 90% of the time. This is more than a cosmetic issue, as the engine does seize after several minutes.

Thanks again guys for the work and support :)

IceFire
02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Thank you guys, good information.

Yep as they say it's been there for a long time.

I MAY have been a IL-2 1.0 feature. It's definitely not new.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Yak-1 forward canopy frames disappeared during the course of a dogfight - I think this has to do with damage, probably of the engine or cockpit, in the way that the frames on the Corsair Mk.I turn white.

Never heard of these or seen. Anyone?
You are sure, you use stock cockpit textures?

I mentioned this before, but the Re-2000 emergency iron-sight is not lined up properly and makes aiming difficult. When hitting outside view, then inside view, the alignment is even worse, and one has to hit ShiftF1 a couple times to get it to the closer (but still wrong) alignment.

Not confirmed. I tested it. Its working well, with two times pressing Shift+F1 (its meant to work that way). Its then aligned.

Screenshots for both please. Thanks! ;)

Tempest123
02-25-2011, 02:21 AM
I'm not sure but I think Romanator is talking about the external cockpit model Caspar

Romanator21
02-25-2011, 02:32 AM
No problem,

Corsair MkI damaged:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-02-2418-00-41-84.jpg

Yak canopy frames before:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-02-2418-05-15-30.jpg

After (also note odd placement of metal vs. wood bullet holes):

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-02-2418-04-34-90.jpg

Re-2000 gunsight. These are the three views possible. I used a house to help keep my aim steady. I paused the game and took snaps, the only change being the view (shiftF1)

Bullets high and to the left (Centered view)
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-02-2418-18-21-80.jpg

Bullets high (Gunsight view when the thing worked :P)
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-02-2418-18-18-51.jpg

Bullets low (New Gunsight view)
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-02-2418-18-09-98.jpg

The last shot shows the "best" view, but it should be clear that this is not quite right. I have to aim higher or pull more lead than what is normal. In order to hit a non-maneuvering target (yes, even at convergence distance), I actually have to aim above it, or just shoot when it's being obscured by the sight mounting (neither of which is easy). :)

Romanator21
02-25-2011, 02:47 AM
This is the image of the SBD I posted a while ago, but I'm not sure if anyone saw it:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/grab0022.jpg

While the Corsair and Yak bugs are cosmetic, I feel that this one is serious. I also have to wonder what other DM bugs are present but not visible like this one is.

IceFire
02-25-2011, 05:27 AM
What level are your graphics set at? Very blurry ground textures there. Perhaps it's a lower detail level setting that is exposing the problem here. I fly the Yak-1 a lot (and the Corsair, but not the Mark I model) and that's a new one. The model has other long standing graphical issues but that's new for me.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks Romanator... now its all clear what you mean. About the iron sight: confirmed. :)

Romanator21
02-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Good to hear Caspar, thank you.

Icefire, I have everything set to the highest level. Only landscape is down low. It saves a load on FPS and almost looks the same as Excellent from 1000+ meters.

I can't imagine why object detail settings should affect the canopy of the Yak after taking some damage anyway. It should either be there, or it shouldn't - not disappearing in the middle of a fight.

However, it is only a minor issue, relatively.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-25-2011, 11:27 AM
I can't imagine why object detail settings should affect the canopy of the Yak after taking some damage anyway.

Oh... theoretically it could well do, as all is set up by material setting in 3D model and with different grafic settings, it uses a different set of materials (low res ones i.e.).
So if some material info is wrong in the programming or the model, it uses a wrong (transparent) or non (white) material. Just a hypotesis.

rakinroll
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Yep as they say it's been there for a long time.

I MAY have been a IL-2 1.0 feature. It's definitely not new.

Thank you IceFire.

Fafnir_6
02-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Good to hear Caspar, thank you.

Icefire, I have everything set to the highest level. Only landscape is down low. It saves a load on FPS and almost looks the same as Excellent from 1000+ meters.

I can't imagine why object detail settings should affect the canopy of the Yak after taking some damage anyway. It should either be there, or it shouldn't - not disappearing in the middle of a fight.

However, it is only a minor issue, relatively.

I think that the damaged Yak canopy bug has been there since the first IL-2 was released. It would be nice to see it finally fixed.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Aardvark892
02-27-2011, 05:07 AM
EDIT: never mind. I discovered my error after posting this.

45th Texas
02-27-2011, 05:32 AM
Two out of 10 squad members can receive the NDB's but not the YE carrier beacons. I think all have added the "Send code as Text" change to the conf.ini file. Anyone have an idea what we can do? We have tried updating the 4.101 with same result. Can we delete a folder before update that might fix this?
Thanks,
45th Texas

Avimimus
02-28-2011, 02:42 PM
A bit late, but here is my report from 4.10:
http://web.ncf.ca/ee555/4.10reportforTD.pdf

I believe one item has been fixed in the new patch, but most remain (also has a couple of minor suggestions).

S!

ADorante
02-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I flew some japanese fighters on the Solomon Island map in the Quick mission editor on Axis side scramble missions.
After switching the map to Smolensk and changing the aircraft to Bf-109F-4 the fighter plane retained red sun roundel markings instead of the Balkenkreuz in-game.
(After changing to Allied side, and another plane, starting the flight, and back again to previous settings the Balkenkreuz retuned to normal inside of Il2-engine.)

-------------
Thanks for your combined effort, TD. Il-2 in all its iterations has been uninterrupted on my harddrive since the first demo. A year ago I thought that I finally should deinstall it until I get a fast enough computer with Il-2:COD. But your patch 4.10 convinced me that there is still more life in it.

jameson
02-28-2011, 03:56 PM
I'd like to request someone have a look at manual prop pitch on 109e's and 109's in general. According to the manual for a 109e, the manual prop pitch setting should be set to 11.45 on the clock on the instrument panel for takeoff. Ingame if set on manual setting to 11.45 the plane at 110% throttle does not gain much speed or ever take off but if set to 12.00 (at finer prop pitch!) it rapidly accelerates and takes off as it should. This is crazy. From the G6 flight manual it is recommended to switch to manual setting and set it to 11.30 for landing, it is possible that all 109's were landed this way in real life, including the k's.
At the moment the way prop pitch works is something of a mystery, so explanation at least for the inconsistency of the e's, even if it cannot be fixed?

FG28_Kodiak
02-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Where do you have your information from?

12 on the clock is the correct value, not 11:45.

jameson
02-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Where do you have your information from?

Er, short answer don't know. It was something that I read sometime back and can't remember where or what it was, but it was obviously wrong. I just checked the 109e manual and it confirms what you say that 12.00 is the right setting for takeoff and landing. So apologies to all and humble pie for me. Now I'll have to find out where I got that idea from. All the best.

Romanator21
02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Old bug - on many planes still parked on the ground, the vertical speed indicator shows a slight descent. This has a big effect on cruise - one often finds himself climbing the whole time...

Tempest123
02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Old bug - on many planes still parked on the ground, the vertical speed indicator shows a slight descent. This has a big effect on cruise - one often finds himself climbing the whole time...

+1 and the slip indicator ball does not function properly on many aircraft which feature it. I.e to turn you should need to "step on the ball", to coordinate the turn, but this produces unpredictable results sometimes.

spider67
03-01-2011, 10:52 PM
On the BF109-E series. I cannot make a standart virage at 30 degres rate now cause the indicator don't move or not enough, i am afraid when i should fly in a night mission or in a very hazy one without this instrument out of service.
I didnt see anything about this in the bug report of the 4.10 but it didn't work already.
Compare with the 4.09 and see!!

Also thx a lot for the job guys!!:)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
03-02-2011, 08:47 AM
What do you mean by 'virage'?`Which indicator? In a quick check I found all gauges working.

spider67
03-02-2011, 08:58 AM
The indicator is the turn and bank indicator (number 7 on the 109 board) and a virage is a turn (left or right) or a curve.
Try to turn with a 4.09 and look the indicator and do the same with the 4.101 or 4.10 and see.

sniperton
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
"Markings on" has no effect on some planes when flying the stock il2fb Italian squad 356squadriglia. The other stock squad (i01) and the new squads seem to work properly.

Planes affected include G.50 and Cr.42. Still it works on others like Mc.200.

Problem first encountered after upgrading from 4.10. Anyone please try to replicate.

KG26_Alpha
03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
What do you mean by 'virage'?`Which indicator? In a quick check I found all gauges working.

I think virage is French for direction/turn/heading.

So in this context the turn bank indicator is what he's referring to its not as precise as before in v4.09m for instrument flying (IFR)
as what's happening is the indicator at 30' shows full L or R in v4.09, and in v41.01 it seems to the angle as relative at full L or R approx 45'

Have a look it will make sense :)

spider67
03-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks for ur help Alpha ;)
In fact at 30° in 4.101 the arrow stay in the middle when u have the ball in the middle......
Have a look please!!

csThor
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
"Markings on" has no effect on some planes when flying the stock il2fb Italian squad 356squadriglia. The other stock squad (i01) and the new squads seem to work properly.

Planes affected include G.50 and Cr.42. Still it works on others like Mc.200.

Problem first encountered after upgrading from 4.10. Anyone please try to replicate.

You mean the unit badge? I simply think that neither Cr.42 nor G.50 have an overlay for unit emblems specified. It's not a bug, but not really a feature, either. :mrgreen:

wildwillie
03-02-2011, 09:25 PM
We keep running into an "out of memory" error on the DS. This error occurs about 2 to 3 times a week (Usually with a large population). When the error occurs, the DS is frozen and has to be restarted. Here is the excerpt from the console window(Fatal error at the bottom):

20695>user "hellfinger" STAT
-------------------------------------------------------
Name: hellfinger
Score: 275
State: Captured
Enemy Aircraft Kill: 1
Enemy Static Aircraft Kill: 0
Enemy Tank Kill: 0
Enemy Car Kill: 10
Enemy Artillery Kill: 5
Enemy AAA Kill: 0
Enemy Wagon Kill: 0
Enemy Ship Kill: 0
Enemy Radio Kill: 0
Friend Aircraft Kill: 0
Friend Static Aircraft Kill: 0
Friend Tank Kill: 0
Friend Car Kill: 0
Friend Artillery Kill: 0
Friend AAA Kill: 0
Friend Wagon Kill: 0
Friend Ship Kill: 0
Friend Radio Kill: 0
Fire Bullets: 2139
Hit Bullets: 115
Hit Air Bullets: 115
Fire Roskets: 0
Hit Roskets: 0
Fire Bombs: 10
Hit Bombs: 1
-------------------------------------------------------
20696>Owner == null
com.maddox.rts.NetException: Owner == null
at com.maddox.rts.net.NetFileRequest.doRequest(NetFil eRequest.java:89)
at com.maddox.rts.net.NetFileTransport$Answer.netInpu t(NetFileTransport.
java:141)
at com.maddox.rts.net.NetFileTransport.netInput(NetFi leTransport.java:55
0)
at com.maddox.rts.NetObj.msgNet(NetObj.java:375)
at com.maddox.rts.MsgNet.invokeListener(MsgNet.java:5 6)
at com.maddox.rts.Message._send(Message.java:1217)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject(Message.java:1 191)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo(Message.java:1134)
at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend(Message.java:1115)
at com.maddox.rts.Time.loopMessages(Time.java:252)
at com.maddox.rts.RTSConf.loopMsgs(RTSConf.java:101)
at com.maddox.il2.game.DServer.loopApp(DServer.java:1 78)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:437)
at com.maddox.il2.game.DServer.main(DServer.java:431)
Owner == null
0)
Owner == null
0)
user "E69_Advan"
N Name Ping Score Army Aircraft
56 E69_Advan 142 0 (2)Blue White 48 + Bf-109G-2
20697>chat Weapons Loadout OK TO "E69_Advan"
Chat: Server: Weapons Loadout OK
20698>Chat: -=77fs=-_Augur: <tl
chat Mission TimeLeft: 77 Minutes TO "-=77fs=-_Augur"
Chat: Server: Mission TimeLeft: 77 Minutes
20699>socketConnection with 95.132.29.186:28876 on channel 2851 lost. Reason:
Chat: --- HappyD has left the game.
user "steaktartare"
N Name Ping Score Army Aircraft
57 steaktartare 113 0 (2)Blue < + Bf-109G-6
20700>chat Weapons Loadout OK TO "steaktartare"
Chat: Server: Weapons Loadout OK
20701>Chat: steaktartare: hi all!
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
<<no stack trace available>>

I'm not sure if the rts excpetions before it caused it or not.

We've had this same error with 4.10 and 4.10.1. Do not remember it with 4.09m though, although we usually did not have that type of consistan population with the 4.09m server.

There were 68 in-game at the time of the error. In the evening EUR time and on weekends it is not unheard of to have 80+ players.

Thanks,

WildWillie

spider67
03-03-2011, 09:53 AM
And always with the BF 109-E series, why the compas stays on the north, the little plane doesn't give the heading to the next waypoint or bearing to my airfield but it gives my own heading ?
Can you have a look in the 4.09 and compare in the 4.10 and more
Thanks

Nicholaiovitch
03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
And always with the BF 109-E series, why the compas stays on the north, the little plane doesn't give the heading to the next waypoint or bearing to my airfield but it gives my own heading ?
Can you have a look in the 4.09 and compare in the 4.10 and more
Thanks

See Page 28 of the 4.10 manual ref. "Instrument changes when realistic navigation option is turned on."

Nicholaiovitch:)

spider67
03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
I've read this but i didn't understand this change!

Tempest123
03-03-2011, 01:24 PM
The compass in the 109 and most other planes is just that, a compass, there is no Direction Finding ability. You use the compass to mark headings where you came from, where you're going, where the target is etc. It's there for manual navigation, like "pilotage". To home in on an NDB beacon you need to use the DF instruments, which are described in the 4.10 guide. The waypoints are just markings on a map, they don't represent anything real that you can home in on. The best guide I can suggest is look up NDB navigation, or pick up a copy of "from the ground up" (recommend for everyone, this will answer all your engine/prop/navigation questions, excellent book!) and read the navigation section. It's not difficult per say, it just takes practice. Some aircraft like the Ju-88 and Bf-110 have a direction finding compass that homes to a beacon, but I suggest learning to home to the crosshairs first.

sniperton
03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
You mean the unit badge? I simply think that neither Cr.42 nor G.50 have an overlay for unit emblems specified. It's not a bug, but not really a feature, either. :mrgreen:

Sorry for my poor English.
No, I don't mean the unit badge (if you mean a squad emblem or the like).
I mean the national insignia/markings (like the Russian red star) on the wings and the flight number on the fuselage.

The rest of the Italian squads do have them, that is, the same planes flying for another squad do feature the fasces on the upper wing surface and a red flight number on both sides of the fuselage. So do other planes (like Mc.200) even when 356squadriglia is used.

That is, SOME planes in conjunction with ONE particular squad do not have something that others have. And this is a change from 4.10.

Please check in the QMB with the planes and squads I referred to. (G.50 / Mc.200, and i01 / 356squadriglia). Four combinations to look at.

csThor
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Ah, I understand what you mean. The red fuselage number will appear in the next patch, that was a simple fix. But:

The national markings for italy on the Fiat Cr.42 and Fiat G.50 are in both cases part of the default aircraft texture. As such there is no overlay for the game to put its own fasci marking onto the plane. This was changed in 4.09 by Maddox Games as requested by italian players. Then both types got a new default skin for Italy ... so the situation ATM is as it should be. If you use custom skins for Italy on either the Cr.42 or the G.50 you need to use skins which contain national markings.

Aviar
03-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Here is a possible bug I just found:

Light type (1, 2, 3, 4) do not show up on a Dogfight map. I'm not talking about the 'Activate runway lights' command (which also doesn't work). I'm talking about the lights themselves which should be lit all the time.

Neither 'Red', 'Blue' nor 'None' Army lights will appear on a Dogfight map.

However, they work fine in Single-player and coop missions.

EDIT: Just to amend my bug report, it's not the Dogfight map that seems to be the issue. Rather, it's the Home Base itself. In further testing, I found that the lights WILL work on a Dogfight map, but only if they are not located within a Home Base area. If the lights are located within the radius of a Home Base area, they don't work at all......they are never seen. *Since a 'Home Base' is almost exclusively used on Dogfight maps, I initially thought the map itself was to blame.

Aviar

sniperton
03-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Ah, I understand what you mean. The red fuselage number will appear in the next patch, that was a simple fix. But:

The national markings for italy on the Fiat Cr.42 and Fiat G.50 are in both cases part of the default aircraft texture. As such there is no overlay for the game to put its own fasci marking onto the plane. This was changed in 4.09 by Maddox Games as requested by italian players. Then both types got a new default skin for Italy ... so the situation ATM is as it should be. If you use custom skins for Italy on either the Cr.42 or the G.50 you need to use skins which contain national markings.

OK, I got the picture. :grin:
I presume "as it should be" applies then to all Italian plane types, doesn't it?
Thanks for the info! :)

Romanator21
03-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Ammo counter in He-162 doesn't work.

Wheels don't roll at slow speeds.

Sven
03-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Ammo counter in He-162 doesn't work.

Wheels don't roll at slow speeds.

Confirmed by me

Jordan_72
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Hello Team Daidalos,
thank you very much for so much work in your spare time !

I'd like to report that on my computer since 4.10 the standard gauge for indicated airspeed in the Me 262 does not move anymore, its fixed to ca. 340km/h whereas the yellow pointer for the true airspeed moves correctly.

Please test and confirm or reject, thank you.

Greetings
Jörg

crucislancer
03-12-2011, 07:05 AM
I just ran into a little issue:

Bf-109F-2 - In the campaign arming screen, the option for the "MG151/20 Field Mod" no longer appears, it only shows the options from before 4.10m. It shows up in the QMB as well as the FMB, but if you try to change it in the FMB and then run the mission, it still doesn't show up and will set the armament to "Empty".

SEE
03-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned (too many threads) but Fuel gauge don't work on Hurricanes.

Romanator21
03-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Damaged guages on some planes still show working needles. I don't remember exactly, maybe it was the IAR 80, or something else, but when the vertical airspeed indicator and the turn and slip indicator were busted (black hole with wires and a spring) the needles and slip-ball were still "floating" in space and moving.

@SEE are you looking at the fuel quantity or fuel pressure? They are not obviously marked, and lots have confused them.

SEE
03-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Thats what comes of not reading the aircraft guide........:(:oops:

many thanks.......

kennel
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I am trying to get the MGFF 20mm field mod working in the dgen campaigns but its not available for the 109F2, all other options are. You can get the option in QMB

Woops crusiclancer has reported this all ready

crucislancer
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I am trying to get the MGFF 20mm field mod working in the dgen campaigns but its not available for the 109F2, all other options are. You can get the option in QMB

Woops crusiclancer has reported this all ready

With a little help from someone at M4T, I figured out that the 20mm Field Mod on the 109F2 is date specific. I might have missed that little detail in the readme files, but the only way to have the weapon available is to set the year in the FMB to 1941 or greater.

Since Dgen doesn't use the new date & wind features in the FMB (in fact it doesn't show up in the .mis file for the Dgen missions at all), you have fix the date in the FMB before you play the mission. It's kind of a hassle, as you have to wait for Dgen to generate a mission before you can edit it, but at least you would only have to do it until you switched to the F-4.

kennel
03-28-2011, 01:49 AM
Its a pain in the bum, & hpoefully it will be rectified by TD, one would think 109F2 `s would have been field modded by Invasion Barbarossa 1941

Romanator21
03-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Another little bug:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-03-2314-40-40-35.jpg

western0221
04-02-2011, 02:01 PM
2 about ships:

Destroyer_USSR_Type7 and Destroyer_USSR_Type7_44
Their "strengthBasedOnThisSection" are "strength_HullHuge".
It is too strong like Battleship.
to be "strength_HullLarge".

Battleship Tirpitz.
When I make a mission with Tirpitz, and run Dedicated Server with IL2 Server Commander...
IL2 Server Commander shows red text error about Tirpitz.
DS runs well, but IL2SC is disable to control DS.

western0221
04-02-2011, 02:05 PM
one more, sorry.
It's not serious but I found.

Ship's armament, IJN gun_25_Type96x3 (MachineGunJA_25_Type96x3).
It seems bullet counts x4?

JG52Karaya
04-02-2011, 05:25 PM
With a little help from someone at M4T, I figured out that the 20mm Field Mod on the 109F2 is date specific. I might have missed that little detail in the readme files, but the only way to have the weapon available is to set the year in the FMB to 1941 or greater.

That would make a lot of sense as neither the Bf109F-2 nor the MG151/20 itself were available in numbers until early 1941...

crucislancer
04-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Its a pain in the bum, & hpoefully it will be rectified by TD, one would think 109F2 `s would have been field modded by Invasion Barbarossa 1941

It's most likely not going to happen. I've tried modifying the .mis files in the Dgen folder for the campaign that I want to play, but it's not having any affect, so my guess is that the dgen.exe file needs to be modified, and the only person that knows how to do that gave up on it a few years ago. You can certainly ask TD if they are interested in giving it a shot. You might also want to check out DCG

http://www.lowengrin.com/download.php?list.3

It's possible that he might have worked the date and wind features into his program by now, or perhaps working on it.

IceFire
04-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet. The sun position in the FMB is no longer the same as it is in the actual game. The in-game sun position appears to have something to do with the date (I believe I remember that being programmed in) but the programming changes aren't reflected in the FMB.

I found it out when a map that should have been sunny was actually quite dark :)

Romanator21
04-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Here's something funny I just noticed:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Avia-B33_Il10_PICT0021.JPG

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il10/camoww2/il10f1r.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-04-0622-53-47-15.jpg

As you can see the landing gear of the Il-10 in the game are quite long. Also, it may just be me, but the nose looks smaller and less "beastly" than that of the real-life counterpart.

http://www.repulomuzeum.hu/ARCHFOTO/IL-10_08.jpg

Also, note that there is no antenna visible from within the cockpit:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20Sturmovik/il2fb2011-04-0622-47-51-35.jpg

Cheers :)

Romanator21
04-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Another one guys...

The AI cannot land Go-229s. They set up the approach fine, but when they flare, they do not stop pitching up. Eventually they go vertically upwards to 10,000 meters (!), stall and then dive uncontrollably and crash.

harryRIEDL
04-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I think I found two little bugs the first is the lack of wheel movement on the 109 F2 and secondly the ai doesn't like the blue home base on the Slovakia Summer map I had a whole wing of undamaged planes fly into the hill on approach.

sorry if these have already made it on already also I can't save my QM on my steam version of il46

jameson
04-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Your new transmiting stations or at least the one on the Moscow winter map in Qmb (axis base) is visible from about 25km, the hut that is but not the 100m aerial on it's roof! Don't know if it's a bug but I can see it way before anything else at the base flying at 1km height. Considering factories disappear beyond about 5km this seems a bit odd. Somekind of oversight?

More humble pie for me, returning to land I could see this black square and decided to fly straight for it and check it out, expecting to see the hut but instead found two trees standing close together. Which makes me wonder what is it with trees? Why are appearing and then disappearing? and why are these two visible so far away? My conf.ini: forest=2.

jameson
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Noticed last night Bf109G-6 compass on the dash doesn't read quite the same as the vector given in the lower left corner, not out by a lot, about 2.5 degrees. Kept wondering why I was a fair way out at the destination using cockpit compass.

It is your transmitter object visible at 25km. The distance lod is huge and then gets slightly smaller at 5km, directly overhead it's tiny! It would not be visible at that distance, fix please!

the_cat_with_hat
05-12-2011, 01:08 PM
a first i would like to thnak you for those wonderful mods you did, but i discovered a little bug with the video capturing/playing function.

I do some kind of dogfight analysation after the most of my flights and as i flew with a Hs129B-2/Wa (B-3) to find out what an effect this tiny canon has on a B-29, I destroyed it completly.
As I watched the Video, the B-29 remained undamaged and my plan did what I actually did (Left turn etc.) But then it crashed into ground what I defentliy didn't. Same Problem with the Hs 129 B-2.
I recognized this problem with no other plane at this moment.

PS: This is my first post in your forum and please excuse my english, I am an german pupil.

talonite
05-16-2011, 06:22 PM
The "loiter here" radio command doesn't have any effect on AI wingmen anymore.

TedStryker
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
a first i would like to thnak you for those wonderful mods you did, but i discovered a little bug with the video capturing/playing function.

I do some kind of dogfight analysation after the most of my flights and as i flew with a Hs129B-2/Wa (B-3) to find out what an effect this tiny canon has on a B-29, I destroyed it completly.
As I watched the Video, the B-29 remained undamaged and my plan did what I actually did (Left turn etc.) But then it crashed into ground what I defentliy didn't. Same Problem with the Hs 129 B-2.
I recognized this problem with no other plane at this moment.

PS: This is my first post in your forum and please excuse my english, I am an german pupil.

Hi TD, getting a similar problem trying to edit some campaign videos. When watching back a 'Quick recording' of a mission that worked perfectly well, moving tank and vehicle columns, plus static ships, behave in an absolutely bonkers manner.
Vehicles leapfrog through each other at insane speeds; then stop abruptly; then a vehicle will pass through the one in front of it as though its transparent, and the whole column will set off again at about 80 mph. Their wayfinding is completely kaput so they bounce off other objects in thier mad lurches. I have a static tanker set up which sinks via a plane spawing in it. In the replay the plane simply passes through the tanker, which remains intact.

I also had some Ki-27s taking off from a patch of ground (no test runway - just found a level area where the takeoff command works) which works fine in the mission. In the recording of the mission the a/c spend half of their takeoff bouncing along the ground upright at 90 degrees on their prop hubs. Insania!

It is as if the damage, wayfinding, and collision models are disrupted. I stress this only happens when i record a track....when i 'save track' it plays back fine. However, i have noticed that looking in the respective ntrk/trk files in wordpad the 'recorded' tracks are in that crazy video code, while 'saved' tracks are in plain .mis file language. Ie. the problem seems to lie with the 'record video' function/code rather than 'save track'.

I've done alot of testing with this - i've cleaned out my caches, removed all other user created content from the game folders; recorded QMB tracks (with the same result - try recording the transport column at the allied airfield on Pacific islands on 'Scramble')....i've even re-installed and re-patched the damn thing twice to no avail.

Old tracks, such as "The Black Death" (which also has moving vehicle columns) do not exhibit this behaviour.

If you need me to, i'll make a new recording of this behaviour and PM it to you.

_RAAF_Firestorm
06-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Dear TD,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or whether it's a remnant bit of programming from the non-MDS versions of IL2 (pre-4.10), either way I've found a potential "cheat" in completing the "Destroy Ground" objective. Try this:

1. Create a moving dogfight map with an area of water (Pacific Islands for example).
2. Place a "Destroy Ground" Primary Objective over an area of water, increase the radius of the circle to max and set Destruction percentage to 100%.
3. Place a moving or static ship inside the "Destroy Ground" objective circle.
4. Place a test runway and a red homebase outside the target circle, make it an airstart at 300m toward the target circle.
5. Save the map, create a new multiplayer game and spawn at the airstart airfield.
6. Fly toward the ship and enter the area of the target circle, descending and levelling off at wavetop height.
7. Press Ctrl+E to bail out.
8. The moment your pilot hits the water, bingo, MISSION COMPLETE.

Here's what I think is happening:

a) The "Destroy Ground" target circle recognises one ship inside it's effective radius at the start of the map so it needs only one target to count destroyed for the objective to be complete.
b) When you bail out at wavetop height, your pilot doesnt have enough height to deploy his chute.
c) The instant the pilot hits the water, he becomes a USpilot 1 or 2 object (effectively a "Stationary Ship" object) and is immediately killed because he hit the water too fast.
d) The "Stationary Ship" US pilot is destroyed and the target circle counts that one object toward it's total.

Has anyone in the TD team seen this effect before and if so, is there any way to counter it? Your feedback here would be appreciated, thanks in advance,

talonite
06-06-2011, 03:22 PM

I recognized this problem with no other plane at this moment.There definitely is something wrong with Hs 129 videos. In replay the plane keeps shooting anywhere far away from target and then crashes.

IceFire
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
We're having a problem with the UK-Dedicated1 server and I'm wondering if it's a bug that has cropped up with the release of 4.10 or 4.10.1. We've only really narrowed down the possible cause recently but I believe this may have been happening the whole time.

A little preface: When I say narrowing down the cause... I mean there appears to be correlation but I've not been able to determine anything else.

The problem is that many users are complaining of periodic stutters or screen freezes while playing on the server. This does not appear to affect them offline. We're not sure if it affects them on other servers or not. Although people have been having problems for a while now I've only just recently noticed the problem myself. I've not yet had a screen freeze but I have seen my FPS decrease and periodic stuttering appear.

The only connection we can see is a series of error messages that seem to appear at random (from our perspective) in the IL-2 console.

[15:56:27] INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 3 -> 2 (delta = -1) to Range 0..2

Or...

[16:26:15] INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 3 -> 2 (delta = -1) to Range 0..2
[16:26:20] INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 3 -> 2 (delta = -1) to Range 0..2
[16:26:31] NetAircraft error, ID_03: java.io.EOFException
[16:26:31] NetAircraft error, ID_03: java.io.EOFException

And...

NTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'NullPart_D0'
[15:51:52]
WARNING: Clear VBuf 130993
[15:52:02] WARNING: Clear IBuf 219315
[15:52:06] INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'NullPart_D0'

INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'NullPart_D0'

[15:55:58] INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'NullPart_D0'

[15:56:27] INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 3 -> 2 (delta = -1) to Range 0..2
[15:57:15] INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'NullPart_D0

Although I've seen internal errors pop up before... I've never seen them linked to stutters and pausing. In one session I had a repeating internal error (this one: INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 3 -> 2 (delta = -1) to Range 0..2) over and over and over again in the console and my frame rate was reduced significantly on a very lightweight map.

We are running FBDj (1.5 I THINK) on the server and it is a dedicated server. The scenarios we run sometimes have MDS elements in them such as moving ships, vehicles or AI aircraft. Other times they don't and the problem still crops up. The one where my frame rate was decreased had no MDS elements on it at all. No moving ships, vehicles, AI or anything of the sort. Just static objects only like an old style dogfight server scenario. Why it was cropping up there I have no idea.

Finally it doesn't appear to affect all players at the same time. I had one error, someone else had a different error (in the same session) and others reported no errors at all. Which leads one to think it's a client side problem. It is being reported by a confirmed 5+ people in our mini-community alone with more casual players on the server also reporting similar problems.

I'm starting to post this message around in a few different places to see if anyone knows what is happening and if this is a bug or a glitch (with 4.10/4.10.1) or something specific to our server... if it is... any clues as to what is going on?

JtD
06-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Do you have a track from when this is happening? I wonder if the error is there in the track as well.

IceFire
06-08-2011, 05:35 AM
I hadn't thought to do this. Next time it comes up I'll record one...

bingofuel
06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Hello,

many thanks for your continuous improvement of IL2 46.
I'm really keen of course to discover the next 4.11 issue.

I identified two online maps :
- online 2 winter
- online 10b winter
in which the ground texture is reduced to flat white everywhere and even the airfields are not visible.

It should be not a big effort to render these maps with better frames and visible airfields or even to reuse their slots with more interesting maps.:rolleyes:

Tx for all.

MadBlaster
06-26-2011, 09:13 PM
There is a bug for online play. Your are flying along then it is like someone presses the escape key and the game screen comes up and you can't get back into the cockpit, but your plane keeps on flying and you usually die from crash if you don't disconnect or hope it goes back to normal. It could be a cheat or someone running the server being an azz, I really don't know. Maybe others can confirm. :evil:

This was on a 4.101 server

IceFire
06-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Hello,

many thanks for your continuous improvement of IL2 46.
I'm really keen of course to discover the next 4.11 issue.

I identified two online maps :
- online 2 winter
- online 10b winter
in which the ground texture is reduced to flat white everywhere and even the airfields are not visible.

It should be not a big effort to render these maps with better frames and visible airfields or even to reuse their slots with more interesting maps.:rolleyes:

Tx for all.

They only look flat white because the sun is at the 12:00 noon position. If you've been blinded by the snow on a sunny day after a snow storm this looks very natural. Change the time to morning or evening and you'll see a very different and much darker look to things.

Changing maps breaks compatibility with missions that are run online and offline using these maps.

BTW: Online10 was made by Oleg's team on specific request for a dogfight map with no terrain features.

IceFire
06-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Do you have a track from when this is happening? I wonder if the error is there in the track as well.

BTW: It hasn't happened to me again so I don't know what's up. Others on the UK-Dedicated servers continue to have troubles... as you know :)

JG52Karaya
06-29-2011, 02:07 PM

From my experience this kind of error message comes from a buggy effects file that uses incorrect settings, too large textures or too many particles for the graphics engine to handle

INTERNAL ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'NullPart_D0'
[15:51:52]

This one on the other hand is caused by a specific aircraft that is missing said part (NullPart_D0) of its 3d model which is called for within the hier.him file or the aircraft class file itself! Would be interesting to find out which one exactly is causing the problem...

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
06-29-2011, 08:59 PM
There is a bug for online play. Your are flying along then it is like someone presses the escape key and the game screen comes up and you can't get back into the cockpit, but your plane keeps on flying and you usually die from crash if you don't disconnect or hope it goes back to normal. It could be a cheat or someone running the server being an azz, I really don't know. Maybe others can confirm. :evil:

This was on a 4.101 server

If you have seen the 'mission loading' screen, then this is a well known issue. Its the biggest bug since ages and still not solved. We are hunting it.

kennel
07-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Bug for LA7 (3*b20) DM/FM

I was flying the above fighter & had my rudder shreded by a flak burst, on externals you could see the skeleton of the rudder (framework & internal supports) but the covering had been vapourised so air would pass through the rudder & it would be ineffective, However the rudder control of the plane was not effected at all.

Normally when you get damage to your wings or plane in general the overall FM degrades, as they would in real life. This was not the case here

JG52Karaya
07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
That applies to most other planes as well. A riddled rudder almost never affects the plane, it's only when the control cable is destroyed or the rudder is completely shot off where you will loose control

kennel
07-03-2011, 03:07 PM
JG52Karaya

Thanks for the info, I have never noticed this before. Generally when you take hits in the wings the planes performance degrades, but hits in the tail area unless they disable controls or blow the rudder or elevator off are mainly cosmetic in appearance?

Is that a limit of the IL2 game engine? (must be)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
07-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Its rather that the amount of damage is not really aligned to the visual effects.
The area of damage is indeed correct (if the rudder is hit, the damage is displayed visually right there), but the amount of damage not. This is in most cases based on the style of the artist, who made the default skins and the damage layers.
All along the game this is very incoherent. So better not to trust the visual effects.

Jack_Aubrey
07-10-2011, 04:39 PM
I found that in complete dark nights the lights for airport are less bright than in nights with moon... at least at Solomon maps.

IceFire
07-11-2011, 01:17 AM
That applies to most other planes as well. A riddled rudder almost never affects the plane, it's only when the control cable is destroyed or the rudder is completely shot off where you will loose control

The effectiveness is most certainly decreased in my experience. But the damage effect is an artists impression while the FM plays by a different set of rules.

-=MadCat=-
07-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi everybody!

My apologies if this has been posted before or this isnt the correct thread.

I found a mistake in the fuel consumption, or the ammount of supplied fuel, for the P-51D-20NA.
I did a lot of testing in that direction today and found out the following.

All tests have been done with beeing static on the runway, Manifold Pressure at ~51" and rpm at ~2600.
Through all the tests I found the auxiliary tank aft of the cockpit to be the most reliable, so I will use that one as reference.

According the the Pilot Training Manual of 1945, the P-51 had an 85gal auxiliary tank aft the cockpit and one 92gal tank in each wing, giving it a total caapacity of 269gal without any drop tanks.

In my tests the aft tank was always emptied in ~50 minutes, giving it a consuption of ~1,7gal/min. With 100% Fuel and no drop tanks the main wing tanks were emptied in ~90 minutes, giving them a combined in game capacity of ~153gal. That makes them lack ~15,5gal each compared to the real plane.
Moreso the drop tanks consistently emptied within ~57 minutes, making a combined capacity of 96,9gal. The arming screen claims its 2 x 75gal what makes a difference of another ~53,1gal.
In total, with 100% fuel and 2 x 75gal drop tanks selected, the in game P-51 is actually short of ~84,1gal fuel.
That's an entire auxiliary fuel tank!

Some may now say its a minor issue, i'd call 84gal not minor. That's an entire auxiliary fuel tank!
Though i have no idea if its a limitation of the game engine or just incorrectly modeled, but it would be great if it could be fixed.

And as a side note, I'd love to see the 110gal drop tanks and the wing hardpoints getting a little more pretty and also permanent, like those of the P-47. ^^

Thanks to all who were willing to read this rather long post !!!
If more information from those tests would be required, i wrote it all down, just ask.

Greetings to all
-=MadCat=-

Firefly84
07-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Hi, I have very strange and annoying bug. At first I suspected it was because of mods (HSFX 5.1).

I have only 2 options when cycling through radiator settings, those are:

Radiator: Open, and Radiator: Closed/Auto. Can't access other positions at all.
Even the planes which don't have automatic radiator control have Open and Closed/Auto positions only.

However I uninstalled game through control panel then deleted game folder with any remaining files.

After that I ran setup again and updated game to 4.101.
I picked up quick mission with BF109 E-4 to test what happens and problem still persists (no mods). I did not change any controls at all, everything was set to default. I'm really becoming desperate because no matter how many times I try to reinstall problem stays there.

IceFire
07-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Hi, I have very strange and annoying bug. At first I suspected it was because of mods (HSFX 5.1).

I have only 2 options when cycling through radiator settings, those are:

Radiator: Open, and Radiator: Closed/Auto. Can't access other positions at all.
Even the planes which don't have automatic radiator control have Open and Closed/Auto positions only.

However I uninstalled game through control panel then deleted game folder with any remaining files.

After that I ran setup again and updated game to 4.101.
I picked up quick mission with BF109 E-4 to test what happens and problem still persists (no mods). I did not change any controls at all, everything was set to default. I'm really becoming desperate because no matter how many times I try to reinstall problem stays there.
In the difficulty settings turn on Complex Engine Management. Problem will be solved!

Bolelas
07-20-2011, 07:56 PM
When i assign eng 1 prop pitch to an axis and press the key to prop auto, and again prop manual, the pitch does not retain the last info from the axis, it goes to 100% or were it was left with the keys imput. When axis is assigned to prop pitch (general, that serves one or more engines) it works ok.
Sorry to bring such a minor question, and i dont know if it has been posted before... it does not make real difference to me, but, i tought it could be easy to solve and decided to post.

Thanks a lot Team Daidalos.

Bat*21
07-21-2011, 07:27 AM
As danjama pointed out to me over on the ubi forums, and I confirmed myself last night, the He-111's bombsight seems to have been replaced with a Norden bombsight.
This may have been already addressed, but I couldn't find reference to it in this thread...

Tanker
08-01-2011, 01:30 AM
The RE 2000 seems very susceptible to excessive bounce while attempting take off. Even with a full fuel load it is very "tender" and feels like it's going over a washboard road.

Ace1staller
08-09-2011, 01:29 AM
I found a bug in the camapaign blog in the U.S. camapign fighter pilot squadron documents tab and when I went to the Awards section in the Squadron Documents, it shows two events squeeze together on one line I'll put a screenshot of it soon.

_RAAF_Firestorm
08-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Dear TD,

I believe I have found a bug with the damage modelling of the Japanese Kagero (earliest model) destroyer. There appears to be a centre section of the hull that is completely immune to skip bombed 1000lb'ers.

Skip bombing the ship well fore or aft of the centre section sinks it but hitting it right smack in the middle gets it to smoke but never destroys it. I'm very confident with my skip bombing and I saw flame explosions on multiple occasions with no residual effect. I conducted in excess of 50 attempts from a P40M loaded with a 1000lb'er.

This effect may be present on other ships, I am not aware whether that is the case, I will continue testing.

For your consideration.

JtD
08-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I can't confirm this, I've just sunk a Kagero with a single 1000lb bomb to the middle. It is difficult to hit the hull, not some superstructure, though. A hit on the superstructure will only cause smoke.

Aviar
08-18-2011, 08:40 PM
This is only my opinion, but from my playing experience, the center section of larger ships are 'stronger' than the end sections. So, the observations from above do not surprise me at all. Personally, I think it's a feature and not a bug.

Aviar

_RAAF_Firestorm
08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks Gents, but I can confirm that a good majority of hits were to the hull, not the superstructure. In one particular test, the Kagero took five 1000lber's to the hull centre section and only smoked after the fifth hit.

Aviar
08-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks Gents, but I can confirm that a good majority of hits were to the hull, not the superstructure. In one particular test, the Kagero took five 1000lber's to the hull centre section and only smoked after the fifth hit.

I just tried a quick test myself. I skip-bombed the Kagero with an A-20G using a 1000lb bomb. I hit the hull (not superstructure) right below the rear smokestack, which is basically the center of the ship.

The Kagero sunk immediately.

*This was the Kagero from the 'Ship' category, not the 'Stationary Ship' category. I just thought I would post this info because the original poster of this bug report did not specify the specific category that was being tested.

Aviar

IceFire
08-19-2011, 11:04 PM

I think it's time for a track. I can't reproduce this either. Sinks with direct hit with a 1000lb bomb.

Aviar
08-19-2011, 11:21 PM
1st pic: Bomb about to hit the hull.
2nd pic: Bomb hitting hull.
3rd pic: Ship destroyed.

Aviar

_RAAF_Firestorm
08-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Hmmm... interesting. The problem with making a track is that you don't see where the bomb hits, it goes invisible once released!

Since you guys cannot reproduce it, then the problem must be on my end. I've got a vanilla 4.10.1 installation and the same effect has been reported by two other squadmates.

We'll cast doubt on our conclusion and do some more testing. Thanks for your feedback gents.

IceFire
08-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Hmmm... interesting. The problem with making a track is that you don't see where the bomb hits, it goes invisible once released!

Since you guys cannot reproduce it, then the problem must be on my end. I've got a vanilla 4.10.1 installation and the same effect has been reported by two other squadmates.

We'll cast doubt on our conclusion and do some more testing. Thanks for your feedback gents.

Bombs don't disappear when released when recording a track. Not unless you're online and the ping time is too high.

I know this for a fact because one of the track recordings I made for the Storm Clouds campaign tracks the bombs as they are dropped from the bomb bay of a Mosquito. It works quite well :)

Aviar
08-20-2011, 08:20 AM
As IceFire stated, bombs do not disappear after release...track or no track. You can clearly see the bomb about to hit the hull in my first pic from earlier. I took that screenshot from the track I recorded of my test mission. You can see the clock timer in the lower right corner.

If your bombs are disappearing, that may be part of your problem. Possibly some corrupt files? I would think about a fresh re-install of IL-2.

Aviar

_RAAF_Firestorm
08-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Maybe you're right, my installation has somehow become corrupt. Thanks for your help, I retract this bug report.

Romanator21
08-25-2011, 08:02 AM
This may have been mentioned, but I think there's an online bug in which bailing out after a kill still awards the player with the full 100 points, rather than half. Is there a reason for this, or is it indeed a bug?

Tigertooo
09-10-2011, 03:04 PM
cant't find anything on this so sorry if asked before
I know NDB' are visible on the Map, but when i turn on the RADAR, they also show up on the green radar scope , and secondly, if i enable "no map icons", then the radar does not work anymore
What can i do to let the NDB's dissapear from radar scope?
Any help apreciate
Thanks

_1SMV_Gitano
09-10-2011, 05:39 PM
cant't find anything on this so sorry if asked before
I know NDB' are visible on the Map, but when i turn on the RADAR, they also show up on the green radar scope , and secondly, if i enable "no map icons", then the radar does not work anymore
What can i do to let the NDB's dissapear from radar scope?
Any help apreciate
Thanks

What radar scope are you talking about?

Tigertooo
09-10-2011, 10:06 PM
both radial and frontal scopes.this on is from radial radar:put two NDB's on the map and they are shown on radar as well
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll150/Tigertooo/grab0000-1.jpg

Romanator21
09-10-2011, 10:33 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/picard-facepalm.jpg

_1SMV_Gitano
09-10-2011, 11:49 PM
That radar is from some mod pack. You should ask the author for support.

Tigertooo
09-11-2011, 08:27 AM
seems to be an UP 3.0 matter indeed
thanks for your reply

Tempest123
09-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Hey fellas. I noticed that if the Swordfish is loaded with the 500lb bomb and flares (AI use only) the flares are dropped on contact with the enemy, however they cause a massive white-out in daytime, kind of like the mistel explosion. Screen shots attached.
The white out remains until the flares hit the earth. Looks great at night but odd during the day.

Tolwyn
10-06-2011, 06:14 PM
In the controls section, there is some confusion on Autopilot Automation

It's mis-labeld as Toggle Level Autopilot

which is different than:

Level Stabalizer

This is confusing.

swiss
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Me210Zerstörer cannon convergence.

There seems to be something wrong with it over 500m. If you fire at a target at 700-1000m the projectile goes somewhere right/low.

Me410 BK5
The BK can only be fired in connection with the MGs and can't be triggered separately. Kinda sux when you use it as Tankbuster. Not really sure whether the BK5 uses MG convergence or cannon.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Me210Zerstörer cannon convergence.

There seems to be something wrong with it over 500m. If you fire at a target at 700-1000m the projectile goes somewhere right/low.

Me410 BK5
The BK can only be fired in connection with the MGs and can't be triggered separately. Kinda sux when you use it as Tankbuster. Not really sure whether the BK5 uses MG convergence or cannon.

Thats also a MOD issue. Neigher of those planes are flyable in stock 4.10.1.
Please don't confuse it.

swiss
10-11-2011, 12:12 AM
rgr, reported at UP. thx.

Tolwyn
10-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Radio_Roma

doesn't work in any circumstance.
4.10 and 4.10.1

I have, technically, all the MP3 encoded WAV riff-header stuff (no problem)...

But this station doesn't work.

Jack_Aubrey
10-15-2011, 04:12 PM
I think i found an errata in the 4.10 Guide, when explaining how to use the Fritx it say to use bombsight velocity keys to move the bomb aup/down, when i tried on the sim i found myself using the bombsight altitude keys to do that.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
10-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Radio_Roma

doesn't work in any circumstance.
4.10 and 4.10.1

I have, technically, all the MP3 encoded WAV riff-header stuff (no problem)...

But this station doesn't work.

Not confirmed. In fact it is working for us. Did you try to use the same WAV files, that are working with other radio stations?

Tempest123
10-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Very small bug, the damaged state wing of a P-51B turns into the wing of a P-51D, see the three .50 cals below. Probably been in the game for years.

Tolwyn
10-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes. Same WAV. But maybe you can help me with this...

The army is BLUE for both the plane and the tower; however, must the plane nationality be specific?

Not confirmed. In fact it is working for us. Did you try to use the same WAV files, that are working with other radio stations?

IceFire
10-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Very small bug, the damaged state wing of a P-51B turns into the wing of a P-51D, see the three .50 cals below. Probably been in the game for years.

Good spot! I thought I had seen this a while ago but couldn't remember how it happened... thought I was going a bit nuts! :D