PDA

View Full Version : Men of War assault squad doesn't boot problem / bug

crimson
02-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi,
I just purchased Men of War Assault Squad, and am trying to run the beta.
I run the executable, and nothing happens. It runs in task manager, and thats all. Tried executing from within steam, and from the .exe directly. Cleared game cache and reinstalled it.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with Direct X 11.0 (i know that DX 9.0 is recommended)

Any help is appreciated.

DMS|Instinct
02-15-2011, 11:32 AM
The game requires to have DX9c installed on your Windows. Windows 7 is fully compatible with it, but doesn't have it pre-installed, it will also not influence your DX10-11 games.

You can get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displayLang=en

crimson
02-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks for responding.

I had already tried installing the direct X web install, but it detects DX11 and wont proceed further.

So, i searched for a DX 9 full install somewhere, and strangely enough couldnt find one. not even from the MS website. Tried installing it from the Microsoft DirectX SDK. No luck there either.

Do you know where i can find a direct link to a full standalone dx 9.0c ?

Cheers,

Mish

crimson
02-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Luckily i was able to find a full DX 9.0c install from 2005. Installed it, but MoW:AS still doesnt boot. Just sits as a process in background. Same issue.

Hmmmm...

Nike-it
02-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Do you have Visual C++ installed? It can be the problem. If you don't, download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-Visual-Basic

[SOE]No.Mam
02-16-2011, 08:30 AM
have you played beta #1 before?

possible that work (wrong monitor/graphic resolution settings in MoW user profile):
delete/rename/move folder ...my documents\my games\men of war - assault squad\... and start game new again.

DMS|Instinct
02-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I have posted the link to DX9c in my first reply.

crimson
02-17-2011, 12:46 PM
RE: delete/rename/move folder ...my documents\my games\men of war - assault squad\... and start game new again

Thanks for your help, I have found the culprit to the problem.
My profile is stored on my NAS box, looks like MoW:AS had trouble writing to it.
Soon as i moved my profile back to C:\ it worked straight away. There were no error messages, which made it tricky to see any obvious fault.

Haven't had this issue with my other games.

All good now, thanks everyone again for providing advice.

CBracco19
05-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I had to restore my computer. the game ran fine before that

now i have the same problem. it says its launching, never does but in task manager under the process tab it says its running. ive updated my computer with all of the things youve all suggested,

i just cannot figure this one out

WarWarWar
06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Me too. MOW-AS failed to start in Win7, just showing splash screen for ever. I use WinXP to play it.

Korpisolttu
07-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I just downloaded AS from steam. Everything goes well first, but after 1C company's ad, game freezes and there's only black screen. If I press ctrl + alt + del, I'll see only flash of task manager (where I can see mow:AS as not responding) and it goes directly back behind black screen.
So only way to get out of that situation is to close computer by pressing its power button.

I have windows xp and my computer should pass system requirements.
I've played ordinary MoW without any problems.

Korpisolttu
07-13-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm a big fan of Men of War but this slowness makes me wonder how good support there's offered to MoW:AS? Or Am I just posting to dead forums or nobody gives a damn for mow veterans who would like to play mow:as?

[SOE]No.Mam
07-14-2011, 06:40 AM
please use DMS forum about MoW + MoW:AS...

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/index.php