PDA

View Full Version : Questions about tank REPAiRING

Rainmaker
02-13-2011, 04:14 PM
1. Will we be able to repair destroyed hulls of the tanks like in Soldiers: heroes of world war 2? I really miss this...

2. Will they fix the armor of the Tiger I and King Tiger to be realistic so the 75 mm canon cannot penetrate their frontal and side armor (only damaging tracks)?

DMS|Instinct
02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
1. The game defines between serious and non serious damage, so you can take out a tank and repair it, but not every time a tank can be repaired. It depends on the seriousness of the damage. But overall it's very well possible.
2. The game uses quite realistic armor penetration systems, but neither tank was entirely invincible to enemy fire. The 75mm question also depends on what sort of gun.

Rainmaker
02-14-2011, 01:29 AM
So the answer for the first question is no? It could be nice to put it in the way like you did it in Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2 or maybe an option for it in the difficulty settings.

I don't think its realistic to see Sherman or Cromwell penetrating King Tiger's or Tiger I front armor, or side armor (from large distance)... maybe its a matter of balancing the game? But then you put these fearsome machines down to Sherman level, and that is causing people not buying the game as I spoke to them. We hope it gets fixed before it goes on the market.

DMS|Instinct
02-14-2011, 04:43 AM
The answer to your first question is that it is possible, I only explained that the system evolved since Soldiers. While Soldiers had only a destroyed hull, MoW:AS has a damaged/inoperable hull which is repairable and a fully destroyed hull.

You can't destroy Tigers with Shermans or Cromwells from large distance. They also can't penetrate a Tiger II head on, so I'm unsure why you think it needs fixing.

KnightFandragon
02-14-2011, 06:58 AM
About number question 2, Instinct, what im sure Rainmaker means is the penetrable Hull of the Pz6B, the Porsche/Krupp Turreted King Tiger and the Nice weak spot right smack on the front bumper of the Tiger in MoW..

The 75mm, im sure you mean is the Sherman and Cromwell guns. These can take out a King Tiger and Tiger from the Side, these only have like 80mm of armor on the side and the Panther only has like a pansy 50mm. The Shermy still has to be fairly close but its possible. The German armor isnt invulnerable...so you still need to be careful Rainmaker, dont think that King Tiger or any German tank is impervious to the lowly Sherman and Cromwell gun. At any rate if a Stuart gets close enough to your side and rear, it wont be long and you'll have yourself a 50-70 ton hulk of smoldering steel. But in the end, yeah MoW:AS they fixed that issue haha

totte1015
02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Sherman shall NOT penetrate tiger 1 OR tiger 2 on ANY distance into front!
Anything else of that is just unrealistic.
In the multiplayer beta of MoW:AS i have seen that sometimes it says "Hull damaged" and some of the crew jump out and stuff, then they can repair it for a bit of time, but when it says "hull destroyed" its done with that tank.

Crni vuk
02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
1. Will we be able to repair destroyed hulls of the tanks like in Soldiers: heroes of world war 2? I really miss this...

The difference between the damage people try here to explain is the status of the hull. When your tank is penetrated you can either suffer a damage to a module like the gun for example if the shoot was a hit to the turret or the hull it self when you aimed for that part which will force the crew to bail out (this is shown by the module apearing as "red" in your sheme). You have as well the chance to cause a critical damage or even a catastrophic damage I mage here a difference because in a critical damage you can still exploit the tank for machineguns and some amunition for example. With a catastropic damage the tank usualy either completely burns out or even explodes (amunition, fuel etc.). With a critical hit the Hull for example would appear black which means its not just penetrated with a small hole but it techniclay completely "cracked".

Think about this as representation for a "critical damage"

http://i23.tinypic.com/287fxub.jpg

Doesnt look like much that you could repair in here. Maybe exploit it for the one or other spare parts eventually. Those kind of Panthers might have been used later in fortifications with Bunkers (just the turret if it was still functional) or pushed in to a hole where the hull wasnt visible anymore as armored anti tank gun (like in Berlin)

http://vn-parabellum.narod.ru/picturres/turret_pz5_berlin2.jpg

I think overall the repair system in both Mow and As is adequate. Particularly since many times with the havy tanks you have a chance to fully repair them (how much of a chance for example would one expect to repair a sherman or Panzer IV once it was clearly hit by a 122mm shell ?)

KnightFandragon
02-15-2011, 04:04 PM
One thing about it though, the US side clearly gets alot more "Hull Crushed" then the Germans. I cant tell you how often I am shooting tanks ive already killed meanwhile if I lose a tank on the Germans im buying another. Thats how the US seems to have such an endless supply of tanks....they simply spend 2 points and buy more crew, fix thier tanks and throw em back into the fray.....I guess thats how this game portrays the US numerical superiority?

Crni vuk
02-16-2011, 12:13 PM
hmm no clue. I experiece that hull damaged many times with German tanks when playing against them always knowing they will repair it at some point. Frustating sometimes. But I guess it has something to do with the guns their size and power. Cant say if one side suffers less critical damages then others.