PDA

View Full Version : Shame IC Company

drewpee
02-07-2011, 11:58 PM
I can't believe the discrimination on this site. All threads made on overseas order problems have been locked. I don't understand, there were no derogatory comments made to IC. I thought this was a community discussion relating to all things to do with COD? Is not being able to get a hard copy or paying double the retail price not relevant( got to get the game to play the game)
Obviously its alright to complain about the color of the grass or insult each other endlessly bickering but when theres a legitimate problem you buckle to corporate greed.
Shame IC
I have contacted many distributes and directed them to this forum. I also left links on the UBI site also all for nothing.
Thanks For Waisting Our Time.
I know this thread will most likely also be locked and I may be band for speaking out but I think its a worthy coarse.
Thank you to all the honest informative and genuine people on this site and farewell.
S!

BadAim
02-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Nothing has been locked you stupid troll! Why the hell does everyone have to bloody panic over nothing two months out from release. You people give me a headache.

I'm done reading these idiotic threads......

Edit: another addition to my ignore list. At this rate, I'll have more on it than not.

Necrobaron
02-08-2011, 12:25 AM
What are you babbling about? It appears all these distribution threads have been consolidated into a sticky at the top of this forum.

katdogfizzow
02-08-2011, 12:25 AM
I can't believe the discrimination on this site.
Obviously its alright to complain about the color of the grass or insult each other endlessly bickering but when theres a legitimate problem you buckle to corporate greed.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/26/weneedtotalk128642438433181769.jpg

distributes is spelled distributors
Waisting is spelled Wasting
band is spelled banned
coarse is spelled course

Also regarding corporate greed :

For the six months ending September 2010, Ubisoft generated revenues of 260m Euros, roughly $348m, and posted a net loss of 89.8m Euros - about $122m. For the fiscal year, Ubisoft believes it can break even at the operating income level at 960m Euros, and thus expects a return to profitability by the end of the fiscal year.

Biggs
02-08-2011, 02:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Biggs222/picard-facepalm.jpg

speculum jockey
02-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Distribution is the job of the DISTRIBUTER aka the PUBLISHER!

If you're located in Russia, then this is the right place since 1C is the publisher/distributer. If you are located outside of Russia then you need to take your butt over to the Ubisoft forums again and do more complaining there since they are the publisher/distributer.

Complaining here won't do much if you you're in Australia since Ubisoft is the distributer there. 1C handles Russia. Also it sucks that you have to pay 2x more than us in North America.

drewpee
02-08-2011, 02:31 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about, I make a legitimate comment and I get a PERSONAL attack from all these syber bully's. You make fun that I can't spell and comment on things that don't concern you.If someone is knocked down the mob of you sticks their boots in. The world could do with fewer people like you. I wonder if you teach your children the same principles.

Biggs
02-08-2011, 02:40 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about, I make a legitimate comment and I get a PERSONAL attack from all these syber bully's. You make fun that I can't spell and comment on things that don't concern you.If someone is knocked down the mob of you sticks their boots in. The world could do with fewer people like you. I wonder if you teach your children the same principles.

people are making fun of you for flying off the handle about this for one, making multiple threads about this on multiple forums, and for the fact that the mods actually MERGED THE THREADS and even conveniently stickyed it for you.

quit making yourself look even more foolish than you already have.

speculum jockey
02-08-2011, 02:42 AM

If my car breaks down in Canada (where I live) I don't call up General Motors Shanghai and start complaining! I call the dealership where I bought it and get it sorted out! I actually do my complaining to the people who can actually do something about it.

You said you were complaining on the Ubisoft forums. . . that's a good start. Keep doing that. Send Ubisoft some email, better yet, call them or write them a letter. Tell others to do the same thing.

Complaining on the 1C forums in an area mostly devoted towards developer feedback and terrain nitpicking isn't going to get you anything but mocked.

Wolf_Rider
02-08-2011, 02:44 AM
as far as distribution by UBI goes, it seems to be falling of deaf ears

drewpee
02-08-2011, 02:50 AM
If my car breaks down in Canada (where I live) I don't call up General Motors Shanghai and start complaining! I call the dealership where I bought it and get it sorted out! I actually do my complaining to the people who can actually do something about it.

You said you were complaining on the Ubisoft forums. . . that's a good start. Keep doing that. Send Ubisoft some email, better yet, call them or write them a letter. Tell others to do the same thing.

Complaining on the 1C forums in an area mostly devoted towards developer feedback and terrain nitpicking isn't going to get you anything but mocked.

If a car breaks down in my country you stop and help.

swiss
02-08-2011, 03:20 AM
If a car breaks down in my country you stop and help.

If you do realize neither OM nor 1C can do anything about it - why the heck you post here anyway?
What do you expect?
As far as possible helps goes you could as well post in a forum discussing French Baguette...they C-A-N N-O-T.

Maybe you need some collective mourning?

Edit: another addition to my ignore list. At this rate, I'll have more on it than not.

Actually I might really have to start using this function.

What a sad day. :(

Wolf_Rider
02-08-2011, 03:36 AM
things could be different though, if the shoe was on the other foot, yes?

swiss
02-08-2011, 03:42 AM
things could be different though, if the shoe was on the other foot, yes?

Huh? If they didn't sell it my country?
Then I would just buy whatever I can.
I'll probably get the DL version(from the UK btw) if I can't find it in the stores.
Later, if I feel the need for a DVD, I could still mailorder, don't you think?

But even I was pissed off I would complain to the people in charge.

nearmiss
02-08-2011, 03:53 AM
What kind of thread is this?

Nothing about distribution has been locked.

Distribution is underway, and the distributors that will handle the BOB COD are going about selling BOB COD in their fashion.

The release date is over a month away, and there should be plenty of opportunities buy it somewhere.

Maybe next update this would be a question to ask Oleg... I mean who are the distributors for BOB COD?

IMO, I care less. I can buy anything from anywhere with the internet.

Where do we get all these conspiracy theorists. LOL

bf-110
02-08-2011, 04:05 AM
I hope we see distributos in Brazil.Euro games are rare here,and if they come from eastern europe,even more.

Wolf_Rider
02-08-2011, 04:21 AM
Huh? If they didn't sell it my country?
Then I would just buy whatever I can.
I'll probably get the DL version(from the UK btw) if I can't find it in the stores.
Later, if I feel the need for a DVD, I could still mailorder, don't you think?

But even I was pissed off I would complain to the people in charge.

and Nearmiss

UBIShop (again) redirects the buyer to the local region page... ie go to US/ UK page, hit BUY and it spits you back to AUS shop page. download only, no hardcopy and twice the price of the US/UK download versions.

English version mail order might have to be the way to go, but atm Amazon won't ship outside the US, except to US States and bases. Has anyone been able to confirm or not the hardcopy will/ won't be region locked, like movie DVD's and some console games?

Queries to the people in charge, appear to be falling on deaf ears.

so... how would it be if the shoe was on the other foot?

swiss
02-08-2011, 04:21 AM
lol!

Don't let the Ruskies read that. :-P

swiss
02-08-2011, 04:34 AM
and Nearmiss

UBIShop (again) redirects the buyer to the local region page... ie go to US/ UK page, hit BUY and it spits you back to AUS shop page. download only, no hardcopy and twice the price of the US/UK download versions.

English version mail order might have to be the way to go, but atm Amazon won't ship outside the US, except to US States and bases. Has anyone been able to confirm or not the hardcopy will/ won't be region locked, like movie DVD's and some console games?

There are other online shops besides Amazon & Ubi too.
Just try the normal ones, or ebay, or...
Drop them a line and politely ask. Most would ship to Moon if it was possible and you're willing to cover shipping.

Queries to the people in charge, appear to be falling on deaf ears.

So you hope to open those ears with Olegs soft voice?
Worth a try.
Still wrong thread, no Oleg active here. ;)

Wolf_Rider
02-08-2011, 04:45 AM
err, we have been asking and the same response... looking to be download only no boxed and no CE

I might take up your advice about the ignore button though ;)

swiss
02-08-2011, 04:49 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18610

Wolf_Rider
02-08-2011, 05:05 AM
yes, very helpful... is that an english version??

ATAG_Bliss
02-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Worst comes to shove you could always call up the US embassy in Australia or an APO/AE where US presence is in Australia. Then you could order from amazon (The english collectors edition) and, as amazon ships free to APO/AE addresses, not only could you get the version for the US price, it would be in Australia and ship for free.

I'm currently stationed in the middle east, and everything I buy through Amazon gets shipped for free as APO/AE addresses are US mailing addresses.

Obviously all the leg work would have to be done on your part. But there are always ways around situations. You just gotta be creative and take the extra step.

Hope this helps.

Wolf_Rider
02-08-2011, 06:24 AM
Hmmm, interesting thinking there... I have a business proposition for you SYN_Bliss ;)

drewpee
02-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks for speaking up Wolf. I had no intention of getting into a slanging match with this mob. The problem I had was the way all threads were bundled in to one and I was PM and told to no long discuss the subject of over pricing and the FACT that 90% of people want a hard copy. The people who are now name calling ain't even affected by it they are them selfs hijacking a thread they have nothing to do with (unless they are being supportive) We had been actively searching for solutions to the problem. People keep saying take it to UBISOFT well we have and have been ignored. Some one said UBI can't be called greedy for charging some double for a download because they made a lose last year, well I say if they just listen to customers concerns they mite start making money. As far as IC is concerned they would have far greater pull at getting things put rite than any individual customer after all its all about getting as many people playing this wonderful game.
As for my spelling I apologize to all that are petty enough to care.

nearmiss
02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
This thread is now closed.

Drewpee you got the first and last word on the subject.

The thread is accomplishing nothing.