PDA

View Full Version : No SPG in Battle Generator...??

Monty_Thrud
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Africa TOW2, when setting up battles and selecting the SPG, it is blank...any help appreciated.

Screenshot in attachment...

Sneaksie
01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Hello, there are no British SPGs in ToW2 Africa. However i think that a Valentine-based SPG was added in Balance mod.

Monty_Thrud
01-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks Sneaksie, should have checked, only Italian and US have SPG, where can i find MODS for TOW2?, thanks.

I see also Italians dont have air support, surely they would have had German AS...??

Nokturnal
01-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Monty, as far as i know there's only the one mod which adds units to ToW2 - Unless JSH was released for it too but i think they only focused on the original game.

It's called the balance mod and i believe it's main focus is for MP but it does add new units to the campaign too (i think..been a while since i fired up ToW2)

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=504
It has numerous changes along with the new units, including a few SPGs.

* New units added:
- Churchill NA 75, Valentine IX and Matilda II infantry tanks
- Bishop SPG
- StuG 40F/8 SPG (the forward armor 50+30=80mm)
- 17 pdr Pheasant ATG
- Faustpatrone team (multiplayer only)
- PIAT team (multiplayer only)
- Ranger team armed with 7,62mm Johnson
- British commandos
- Fallschirmjager with FG.42
- Bren and Browning MG infantry teams
- Boys ATR team

You will have to register an account with Battlefront to download from there.

I don't think that is the final version which was released though, but if memory serves the latest will only work for those with the Centauro add-on - If you've got that, then you can download from here:

http://wio.ru/strat/tow2.htm

If neither of those work for you, i can try to upload the version i downloaded a while back (may not be the latest) and PM you the link.

Best of luck.

Monty_Thrud
02-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for reply Nokturnal,

I have Centauro.

The bottom d/l link(Russian site) you gave, when i try to d/l just goes to a "weblink not found" page, thats 1.5.2 patch the latest, Battlefront only has 1.2.9.

Would appreciate later ver. if you have thanks.

Nokturnal
02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Hey mate, sorry to hear the link didn't work. I probably should of checked it myself first. :rolleyes:

It seems that was the only website which hosted the most recent version, other CM/ToW mod repositories online only feature the version Battlefront has - I've had a search through the Battlefront forums and google, but the most recent version which turned up was 1.5.1
Link - http://depositfiles.com/en/files/0n2emssqp
It was posted here - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1612851

From what i can see there is no noticeable change in 5.1 and 5.2 - Both are for Centauro so it should still work, i'd imagine if there were changes it would of just been a bug fix.
I believe some of the earlier versions had problems with names, so there might be a vehicle or gun named "?????" or still not translated from Russian. But it should still be easy enough to determine what is what.

The version i have would most likely be 1.2.9 - I'm at work at the moment so i can't check just yet, but i know i haven't downloaded the mod since Centauro so i'm not sure i can be of much help there.

I guess if you get desperate enough, you could always uninstall ToW+Centauro, then re-install it and apply the 1.2.9 version (fairly confident that it worked fine for me, no noticeable issues with the campaigns) and once you're done with the stock campaigns, reinstall Centauro....Alot of effort just to get a few more units though, and i know it's very time consuming to finish missions so you might not want to wipe your progress so far.

Monty_Thrud
02-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Marvellous Nokturnal, got 1.5.1 and installed, had a bit of a hiccup initially with a mission locking up but finally i have it running good.

Thanks for all your help, it's very much appreciated.

Now for me to take my legion of Churchill tanks and kill that Tiger, he's getting far too cocky. ;)