PDA

View Full Version : jefmajor's awesome "Let's Play IL-2 Sturmovik" hardcore career mode series

rookie_and_noggie
01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I've come across this excellent gameplay movies by jefmajor.
They're awesome and extremely entertaining! All credit and thank you go to jefmajor!

For the “Let’s Play IL-2 Sturmovik” series of videos on my channel I will be doing a “hardcore” career mode for two reasons. First let me explain what I mean by that: That is an artificial restriction I am placing upon the series which adds a level of heightened repercussions for mistakes in this highly detailed and challenging simulator. It will be remarkable if I survive past the 10th video. I would also not be surprised if I did not survive the first.

The first reason for doing this is the obvious addition of a sense of impending doom and consequences. The second less obvious reason would be the end of a chapter in my Let’s Play Adventure Mode 2010 series which has left me with a time slot to fill. I don’t want to jump right back into adventure mode immediately, so, having this who-knows-how-long-it-will-be-but-probably-not-long sized LP sandwiched in between seems like a perfect fit, no matter how short or long it is.

The other benefit of this is that it feels ******* GREAT to play this game! I love it to PIECES! I can’t possibly express how much I adore this game other than to share it with you to the best of my abilities.

The difficulty settings I will be playing on will also be truly horrific. Damn near EVERYTHING will be set to realistic. The only things I’ve left off are map icons and way points because, ****, I can’t navigate at all without them and that would ruin the series. Besides, they should not have been a difficulty option unless the game allowed me to use a pencil to write stuff down so I’d know where the **** I was at any given moment. All of the other settings will be on full realism and, as I’m sure you know, the Pacific Theatre was no easy place to come up a pilot in the early war.

jef's announcement http://jef.voltronarmy.com/?p=56

the first movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WY4aV2R4YM

=SLO=Hellcat
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Nice find, his commentary is hilarious.