PDA

View Full Version : Modifying items

Trotskygrad
01-22-2011, 01:32 AM
I've searched for this, come up with nothing...

How do I modify an item? Say I want make beer heal you a tiny bit, like a bandage. How would I do that?

Or perhaps make a hat that helps you run faster? (Body armor modifies your health, other things should be able to

KnightFandragon
01-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Lolz, ive got no idea on this one, though armor doesnt modify your health. In the Properties, Human.ext there is a section on body armor itself, it doesnt add health, it simply reduces damage, the human.ext body armor section tells you how much, ive got it set atm at like 35 or so. As for the healing beer ive got nothing, never was able to find anything on health kits myself....been trying to figure out how to make them heal more maybe but kinda gave up on it.

Trotskygrad
01-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Lolz, ive got no idea on this one, though armor doesnt modify your health. In the Properties, Human.ext there is a section on body armor itself, it doesnt add health, it simply reduces damage, the human.ext body armor section tells you how much, ive got it set atm at like 35 or so. As for the healing beer ive got nothing, never was able to find anything on health kits myself....been trying to figure out how to make them heal more maybe but kinda gave up on it.

so it would be possible to make a hat that modifies your health/vision/speed by changing properties in human.ext?

Also what about modifying weapons? Any tips on how to do that?

I noticed that the .def files for the MGs are all very different, so I am pretty confused

KnightFandragon
01-23-2011, 07:44 PM
I have no idea on the hat, you would have to play around with it, I try to edit as little as possible to get the effect I want b/c when you edit this game it sometimes pulls up a random error and I have hell trying to get it fixed.

As for the weapon it's best to piece together one standard file layout that works for you can just use it on all weapons. I know the layouts for all the weapons is different and thats quite annoying...I stuck with this layout for all my guns

{from "pattern smg"
{filling "ammo pistol" 30}
{mass 5}
{entity "L85a2s"}
{fireSound "smg/ppsh_burst"}
{reloadSound "mp44"}
{speed 300}

{recoveryTime 0.5}

{aimRange 70} ; == maxRange
{maxRange 70}
{spreading 1
{BurstAccuracy 100 96 95 93 92 92}
{SpreadPower 0.05}
{SpreadXYRatio 0.05}
{SpreadYadjust 0.02}
}
{healthDamage 80}
("accuracy_carabine")
}

However, you still have to makesure the pattern at the top is associated with the proper weapon, if you have a weapon in the mgun folder its gotta have Pattern Mgun at the top and such.

It took awhile to get all my guns right but it was worth it and it makes making changes easier.

As for Tank guns this is what I use

{from "pattern gun" ; "Pz5G"
{filling "bullet75"}
{fireSound "gun/50to76_cal/75mm_kwk42"}
{reloadSound "gun_r01"}
{rechargeTime 6}
("range_130+")
{range 150 150}
("speed" s(2000))
("75-76caliber")
{projectileDamage 150}
{projectileDamageTable {0 160} {40 149} {80 138} {120 127} {150 116}}

}

You might have to add in the ("accuracy panther") and stuff back into it but that layout there is how I have my Tank guns set. For these you gotta make sure w/e caliber you are editing you go into one of the preset files in the "gun" folder and it has several lines of caliber, like here the gun is a 75mm so it has 75-76 caliber there...if it was a 85mm you would have to put it to I think 85-90caliber or something. Just look in the proper file it will tell you. Weapon editing is not that hard. One more thing, dont forget any of the { } things where they need to be otherwise you will get a "block terminator expected" error....the error message will tell you where the missing one is so just read the message, though sometimes it just likes to be bitchy and refuse to work...ive had that happen despite the fact ive used the same method for like 50 guns and infantry weapons.

Trotskygrad
01-25-2011, 01:49 AM
what are the other values for accuracy other than accuracy_carabine?

KnightFandragon
01-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Look in your small.firearms.accuracy file, they are all in there.

The 'set' folder has all the good stuff in it once you get it extracted.

Trotskygrad
01-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Look in your small.firearms.accuracy file, they are all in there.

The 'set' folder has all the good stuff in it once you get it extracted.

mmm also how does "speed" and spread/accuracy work? is speed measured in rounds/minute?

"{BurstAccuracy 100 96 95 93 92 92}
{SpreadPower 0.05}"

what does spreadpower do? and how is it related to burstaccuracy?

does spread occur ONLY when firing, and burst accuracy refer to accuracy after firing a long burst, and the cooldown time?

also is "RecoveryTime" related to accuracy cooldown?

many thanks for any answers

"

KnightFandragon
01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
mmm also how does "speed" and spread/accuracy work? is speed measured in rounds/minute?

"{BurstAccuracy 100 96 95 93 92 92}
{SpreadPower 0.05}"

what does spreadpower do? and how is it related to burstaccuracy?

does spread occur ONLY when firing, and burst accuracy refer to accuracy after firing a long burst, and the cooldown time?

also is "RecoveryTime" related to accuracy cooldown?

many thanks for any answers

"

Speed, I know is the speed in which the bullet or tank shell travels through the air, my guess is like a speed of 300 is 300meters per second or something. Put a tank gun at like 800 speed and fire it, you will pretty much be able to step out of the way of the shell it travels so slow, then jack it up to 2000, you wont hardly see the shell at all, it will be Boom..impact almost instantly. However, 300-500 is a perfect speed for infantry bullets

Recoverytime is the time between shots(Rate of Fire) i guess, and I quite honestly cant tell you what number does what and stuff exactly...I just keep changing those till my Rate of fire is where i want it. Ive got my semi auto guns/rifles at 0.5, my Submachineguns at 0.09 and my MG42 at like 0.072.

It does seem that 0.11 is faster then 0.17 so my guess is a lower number is faster but 1.1 is nice and slow, its what I use for bolt action rifles, 1.75...it gives them a nice pause between shots.

Recharge time is the reload speed, recharge of like 6 is 6 seconds.....and so on.

Spreadpower is I guess how much the gun will spread when you fire it, basically how fast the circle will get bigger when you fire it. Then the other spread modifiers is how big the circle will get, spread of like 3 will make the circle pretty bloody big when you shoot

The Burst accuracy i dont know what it does, ive put it at various settings and dont notice that big of a difference in anything.

Most of that stuff ive got in my guns b/c it makes them work and if you remove certain parts it will keep crashing the game crying about some SDL File expected,.....those errors are nightmares.

Trotskygrad
01-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Speed, I know is the speed in which the bullet or tank shell travels through the air, my guess is like a speed of 300 is 300meters per second or something. Put a tank gun at like 800 speed and fire it, you will pretty much be able to step out of the way of the shell it travels so slow, then jack it up to 2000, you wont hardly see the shell at all, it will be Boom..impact almost instantly. However, 300-500 is a perfect speed for infantry bullets

Recoverytime is the time between shots(Rate of Fire) i guess, and I quite honestly cant tell you what number does what and stuff exactly...I just keep changing those till my Rate of fire is where i want it. Ive got my semi auto guns/rifles at 0.5, my Submachineguns at 0.09 and my MG42 at like 0.072.

It does seem that 0.11 is faster then 0.17 so my guess is a lower number is faster but 1.1 is nice and slow, its what I use for bolt action rifles, 1.75...it gives them a nice pause between shots.

Recharge time is the reload speed, recharge of like 6 is 6 seconds.....and so on.

Spreadpower is I guess how much the gun will spread when you fire it, basically how fast the circle will get bigger when you fire it. Then the other spread modifiers is how big the circle will get, spread of like 3 will make the circle pretty bloody big when you shoot

The Burst accuracy i dont know what it does, ive put it at various settings and dont notice that big of a difference in anything.

Most of that stuff ive got in my guns b/c it makes them work and if you remove certain parts it will keep crashing the game crying about some SDL File expected,.....those errors are nightmares.

Lol, I guess messing around with speed could yield some interesting "bullet time" effects

if you change recoverytime, will you see the reload cursor between shots? I know it shows in the semi-autos (SVT-40, M1 Carbine) in Men of War, but it never shows with the autos

KnightFandragon
01-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Yes, if you set the recovery time low enough you will see the shot timer, you dont see it on auto's b/c they are firing fast enough to not need it.

The highest I ever set my speed to was 3000 for tank shells, it got there at the same time I heard the boom of the gun. ive got them set to 2000 and lower now...

Trotskygrad
01-26-2011, 03:59 PM
mhm.

What about setting penetration and damage on tanks for anti-tank rifles and such? Also, and special parameters for sniper rifles?

I've also noticed damage varies based on distance in Men of War, does it do this automatically, or are there parameters for that?

KnightFandragon
01-26-2011, 06:05 PM
If you look at my tank gun file I posted a few posts back the "projectile damage table" then that {0 160} and so on, the first number is a range of 0 and the 160 is the gun's armor penetration at that given range. The number above it I think is it's overall power or else it's HE power...I havent figured it out yet. Also, I removed it b/c w/o it the gun is alot more accurate but just as with the Infantry weapons and the ("accuracy_carabine"), tank guns also have similar lines of ("accuracy_sherman") or ("Accuracy_panther"), those I belive are in the gun's preset folder but everytime I try to edit them and put the file in my mod the game starts complaining and crashing over the 100mm_d10C off the Su100 and im at a total loss there b/c ive never done anything with that gun and even when I edit the gun it still cries so I removed that section from my gun and mods but it's a part of the tank guns fyi.

Then, if you wanna edit Infantry Anti Tank weapons, good luck making them useful...ive got a Panzerfaust set to 300penetration and in the editor it usually takes like 3-5 shots to take out a tank from the side....so they are notoriously useless and even whe nI mess with them in Multiplayer they only hull crush and dont acutally destroy any sections of the tank, just disable the hull till it get's fixed...if you even find a proper fix for this tell me. The DCG fixed this issue but Idk how they did it....

As for the damage degredation or w/e its called the settings for that are in the ballistics.set file...ive not messed much with them so Ive got nothing there. As for Sniper Rifles they have some special parameters that make it zero in like it does but I have no idea here either, ive just uised the game's base sniper lock on timer and never thought to edit it.

Trotskygrad
01-28-2011, 03:57 PM
bleh I don't see a recharge time on the weapon file template, w/e

also can 2 weapons share the same model file?

(also, any word on how to make body armor, items that affect player attributes?)

KnightFandragon
01-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Just copy paste the recharge portion of my tank gun I posted on here into your gun files, it goes I think right below the recovery time....I just now noticed my infantry guns dont have the recharge time on them....wow...

As for 2 guns sharing the same model file? Like what do you mean? I have a gun which is labeled as a G3 in my smg folder but in game it is using the FG42 Model..you mean like that or else?