PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Game Makers

Goosey
01-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Since everyone started wanting free roam (including myself) the game makers who were monitoring the site seem to be ignoring any ideas and posts. Also is there any news on free roam?

SuzukiSamurai
01-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Since everyone started wanting free roam (including myself) the game makers who were monitoring the site seem to be ignoring any ideas and posts. Also is there any news on free roam?

Yeah, and I got banned for a week for saying probably something wrong in their eyes. And what I said was the truth. But I'm not gonna say it again, or else I'll probably get a permanent ban.. :/ BUT, maybe they are working on it and they will tell us some good news. :)

Goosey
01-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Yea hopefully they will tell us there is gonna be a free roam and when its gonna be released.

Krazee DD
01-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Yea hopefully they will tell us there is gonna be a free roam and when its gonna be released.

Ya they all kind of took off? I was hoping to get to know them a little or get some exscusive FAQ.

Gearbox with Borderlands and Natural Motion with Backbreaker were really good with bein close with their loyal forum guys. Hell, in Backbreaker the OG forum guys got the or names in the game on the all star team.

I feel 1C is in the same boat as these devs. In the way that they are stepping out of the cookie cutter game making mode.

Pumped to see what they do and just for steppin out they gained me as a fan.

dozer
01-18-2011, 04:22 AM

Thats why they havent said anything, they are building up the suspence and will relase it at the lat second "FREE ROAM WILL BE INCLUDED!!!"

Well thats what i think, prob just a sales and marketing tactic.

Goosey
01-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Thats why they havent said anything, they are building up the suspence and will relase it at the lat second "FREE ROAM WILL BE INCLUDED!!!"

Well thats what i think, prob just a sales and marketing tactic.

Haha I hope so

Krazee DD
01-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Just got word they will be on here tomorrow to help with questions and what not.

Yay.

dozer
01-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Just got word they will be on here tomorrow to help with questions and what not.

Yay.

beuty, how did ya manage that?

Krazee DD
01-21-2011, 01:36 AM
beuty, how did ya manage that?

Facebook haha.

Looks like the forgot tho. Or I'm just in the wrong timezone.

bboywampa
01-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Well, it's been a day, maybe even two days. No matter what timezone you're in. Russia is what?...GMT+8 or so? and america is GMT-7 or 8? I dunno, something like that. where I'm from it's GMT+1 so I'm in between.

On topic: I don't think they showed up :p. If anyone heard from them in the last 24Hours, please let us know!

Off-roader
01-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Hello, guys!
sorry I didnt write so long.
I give you some news on monday.

Krazee DD
01-22-2011, 04:29 AM
Hello, guys!
sorry I didnt write so long.
I give you some news on monday.

Woooooo!!!!

Somthin to look forward to!

Loves 2 Jacket
01-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Thank god! haha

bboywampa
01-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Finally!! I'm so happy now =D

(But you sure took your time..)

dozer
01-24-2011, 12:41 AM
mmm, monday and still no updates? Must have short memorys lol:confused:

Krazee DD
01-24-2011, 02:30 AM
mmm, monday and still no updates? Must have short memorys lol:confused:

Still Sunday here. So maybe o. "our" Monday haha.

Suzuki Jimny
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
i want this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loves 2 Jacket
01-24-2011, 09:26 AM
It's monday! Please tell me the Demo is coming out for the 360 today or tomorrow haha

Krazee DD
01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
It's monday! Please tell me the Demo is coming out for the 360 today or tomorrow haha

HAHA!

Ya im pumped. Any time now we should hear somthin.

juggernaut
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Krazee DD;216005]HAHA!

Ya im pumped. Any time now we should hear somthin.[/QU

going to be a badass games hope we here something soon!!

Krazee DD
01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
hmmmmmm

dozer
01-25-2011, 12:38 AM
and once again they didnt come through, sales and marketing team needs a shake up i think. :confused:

Krazee DD
01-25-2011, 12:47 AM
and once again they didnt come through, sales and marketing team needs a shake up i think. :confused:

Ya. I'm not sure what's going on?

How do you forget? It's not like forgetting milk at the store or something. You have fans that give you money waiting for you to come through on your word and nothin.

I don't get it. I'm in the marketing field and I'm speechless.

Krazee DD
01-25-2011, 02:32 AM
I see you on off roader. Haha. What's the word brotha.

bboywampa
01-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Seriously, Will some russian representative please say something new about the game?!

Krazee DD
01-25-2011, 03:14 AM
Seriously, Will some russian representative please say something new about the game?!

They were deff on here!!! I saw em!

How do they not say anything haha. What in the world is goin on?

dozer
01-25-2011, 03:37 AM
thats a classic fail haahahahaha.. Run and hide lol, hahahahaha:-P

Off-roader
01-25-2011, 03:46 AM
1. Free-roam.

UnrealEngine3 does not work well with large highly detailed spaces - some problems with game process occur.
On the contrary, the engine assumes corridor approach to the construction of levels. Therefore, unfortunately, free-roam is not expected.

2. Release date.

It is too early to talk about the release date of games on the PC, but the demo most likely to be published this spring.

The XBOX version will most likely be released a few months after the PC-version.

3. The Game Editor.

Game Editor will be included in the game, along with tutorials on the creation of levels and cars for our game.
Fundamentally, it almost does not differ from the usual editor, used in engine UnrealEngine3. It only added a number specific to our project objects classes and opportunities.
Free version of the editor and all the information on it is on http://udn.epicgames.com/.

4. Some other information.

Currently we are working on the multiplayer game. It will support up to 4 players on the track and combine several different game modes.

Also, we are now busy with translating the game into English and works required of the international release of the demo version.

dozer
01-25-2011, 06:09 AM
one word FAIL:rolleyes:

Makes no sence what he said, you can make your own levels in the editor but you can not have free roam "how exactly does that work?"

When will a game developer that knows something about offroading make a 4x4 game the way it should be made?

Its not just me saying this so i know im right, every member that has posted in this forum has said it NEEDS free roam.

Krazee DD
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Well we learned some demo info (kinda) and that multiplayer is 4 player. That's cool. The rest we kinda knew?

Well I have some non critical questions. (hope it can be answered in under a week).

1. Can you turn music off.
2. Can you turn parts or all of the HUD off.
3. Can you turn all of the prompts that pop up telling you what's coming up. They are intrusive and right in your face, those combined with the HUD you can barley see the truck.
4. I would like to hear word on the engine sounds you said you were working on?

Rock on hope to hear from you guys. The forums (as I would hope you know by this point) are a big part of getting to know about the people who give you money and helping the fan base. I hope as we near release you guys utilize them more.

I have had some nice convos and what not with devs of other games on their boards and now, well....I'm a whore for their games. They sold me just by being nice and not treating me like an idiot.

Thanks the the response. Hope to hear from you guys a bit more. ROCK ON!

Krazee DD
01-25-2011, 10:57 AM

Makes no sence what he said, you can make your own levels in the editor but you can not have free roam "how exactly does that work?"

When will a game developer that knows something about offroading make a 4x4 game the way it should be made?

Its not just me saying this so i know im right, every member that has posted in this forum has said it NEEDS free roam.

Ya. I agree. I think the editor will give you a flat CORRIDOR like space then let you go from there? No clue tho and not really looking to care since they are only giving it to the PC. Which in turn again makes little sense due to the co sole version will sell more.

Why waste time and money on the PC when the console will move more copies. But I guess it's cheaper to make PC games....that's why there's so many garbage games for the PC. Haha.

bboywampa
01-25-2011, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=Krazee DD;216348]Well we learned some demo info (kinda) and that multiplayer is 4 player. That's cool. The rest we kinda knew?

Well I have some non critical questions. (hope it can be answered in under a week).

You should change that in "(hope it can be answered in under a month)".
At the pace that they are giving us info.... lol

general solomon
01-25-2011, 08:39 PM
good news indeed, I just love the fact there is an editor or any kind. I was really frustrated when hummer and uaz did not have it.

I am not sure if orienteering can be created in this version, if so the free roam can be worked out until they develop it for part two.

or if that does not work, make the tracks side by side so that even if someone moves from the original track they will fall into another track so the system will not restart them. I an not a computer expert so this may not work.

all i am saying the most important thing is the editor. the community has to now start being creative.

comments welcome.

SuzukiSamurai
01-25-2011, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Krazee DD;216348]Well we learned some demo info (kinda) and that multiplayer is 4 player. That's cool. The rest we kinda knew?

You should change that in "(hope it can be answered in under a month)".
At the pace that they are giving us info.... lol

People want to spend their money on something good that gives them satisfaction for longer then a week. Why did I buy GTA, You have a whole bunch of missions and free roam, I do what I want, if I want to go cruising, I go cruise, I wonna do a mission, I do a mission. Why did I buy Motorm4x? Free roam, I could go where I wanted... I still play GTA Vice City once and a while. Same for Screamer 4x4, graphics are not good but I can drive a Toyota off road. ;)

juggernaut
01-26-2011, 12:12 AM

yeah you might want to start working on that download for free roam or it will be a fail!!!!

midnite14
01-26-2011, 02:40 AM
well they could could make a good effort on making free roam. dont just give up on it. or give the game to another company that will give the world what they want. offroad game is nothing without free roam. you race a couple tracks and you pop it out of your system and play something else. now with free roam you race a couple tracks play free roam have fun with friends and enjoy the game. and when update or add ons come out make some money off them because people enjoy what there playing when they have free roam

Krazee DD
01-26-2011, 03:25 AM
See guys. New guys join the forum and are immediately turned off by no free roam.

SuzukiSamurai
01-26-2011, 08:06 AM
See guys. New guys join the forum and are immediately turned off by no free roam.

Yeah, a good example is screamer 4x4, some people still play it, even after 10 years or so and the graphics are like s***, but it has free roam. ;) Once I'm done with all the championships in the game of 1C I probably will not play it any longer. Or that might be a strategy, so you buy games faster, or they'll put it in the following off road in a few years, but I'm old then, I'll probably have children and I'll need to change diapers instead of playing games.. :p You can join the herd or you can be a pioneer. What would you choose?

And does the 1C company have a russian forum too? If so, they probably only listen to them. They probably think: backstabbing Americans and Europeans, remember the Cold War? NO FREE ROAM for you guys lol!.. x) Just joking. ;)

Krazee DD
01-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah, a good example is screamer 4x4, some people still play it, even after 10 years or so and the graphics are like s***, but it has free roam. ;) Once I'm done with all the championships in the game of 1C I probably will not play it any longer. Or that might be a strategy, so you buy games faster, or they'll put it in the following off road in a few years, but I'm old then, I'll probably have children and I'll need to change diapers instead of playing games.. :p You can join the herd or you can be a pioneer. What would you choose?

And does the 1C company have a russian forum too? If so, they probably only listen to them. They probably think: backstabbing Americans and Europeans, remember the Cold War? NO FREE ROAM for you guys lol!.. x) Just joking. ;)

Hey now, im married and have a baby that needs diaper changing. If your a gamer you will find time.

SuzukiSamurai
01-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey now, im married and have a baby that needs diaper changing. If your a gamer you will find time.

Haha, ok, but 'having a baby' sounds the world is totally going to change. :p

dozer
01-26-2011, 11:33 PM
ive got a 5 year old and he has his own xbox 360 lol. we play together. I think it works better if the dad is a big kid.

My son knows he is lucky to have me hahahaha

Im allmost 30 and dont see myself not playing computer games for the rest of my life. Wonder if they allow them in retirement homes lol.:-P

Loves 2 Jacket
01-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Dang, so the demo won't be out till srping at the least?? And here I was thinking the game was coming out around June.

I have a 6 month, 3yr, 9yr old and still find time to game haha mostly at night when the wife and 2 smallest kids go to bed. The 9yr old and I rip it up!

Krazee DD
01-27-2011, 04:26 AM
Dang, so the demo won't be out till srping at the least?? And here I was thinking the game was coming out around June.

I have a 6 month, 3yr, 9yr old and still find time to game haha mostly at night when the wife and 2 smallest kids go to bed. The 9yr old and I rip it up!

Haha. That's rocking!

Loves 2 Jacket
01-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Haha. That's rocking!

You know it! Hopefully this game will have offline multiplayer and not just online.

keope4wd
01-27-2011, 02:11 PM
1. Free-roam.

UnrealEngine3 does not work well with large highly detailed spaces - some problems with game process occur.
On the contrary, the engine assumes corridor approach to the construction of levels. Therefore, unfortunately, free-roam is not expected.

2. Release date.

It is too early to talk about the release date of games on the PC, but the demo most likely to be published this spring.

The XBOX version will most likely be released a few months after the PC-version.

3. The Game Editor.

Game Editor will be included in the game, along with tutorials on the creation of levels and cars for our game.
Fundamentally, it almost does not differ from the usual editor, used in engine UnrealEngine3. It only added a number specific to our project objects classes and opportunities.
Free version of the editor and all the information on it is on http://udn.epicgames.com/.

4. Some other information.

Currently we are working on the multiplayer game. It will support up to 4 players on the track and combine several different game modes.

Also, we are now busy with translating the game into English and works required of the international release of the demo version.

hola! Greetings from Venezuela! as seen here and
see what you write is pretty sure that is not in the
game roam free version ... the game anyway
has great potential and at least in this country is
screamer 4x4 most awaited. watching videos of
game play I realized that there are some details that could improve to make this game even more
realistic!
such as: (colocare videos explain better)

1) the truck would splash water and mud when it falls
aggressively. like when you go in the water or
the mud has to go everywhere so Salpin
which would make a real truck ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvV8N3KwdvQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7un-MGBn4Qg&feature=related

2) the tires also be splashing water either
mud when it is stuck or buried ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZkxUWk8HM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFcJxW3A4zs&feature=related

3) In the tracks when the truck collides rockcrawling
with rocks and when it slides should generate
real noise of these vehicles. noise impact or
scratch would make this more real well when
tires skated on the rocks should have the
tires noise in the rock slide and smoke
they generate ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWcgDp7sxxY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lTkSV8HqAo

4) when the truck he jumps should have that rumbling of a truck falling from certain real
height, something like crahhhsss ¨ a ¨ ¨ 'or a ¨ ¨ cruhmhmm
not how to explain it lol ... sounds like
generated by various types of suspensions in these
rough terrain and difficult ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkgqAoNLkCM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3kfw1AdSfw&feature=related

5) the noise of the winch is a touch that can not pass
ignored or overlooked as this would give much realism to driving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feq-J8wzG00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNO4VsJa-2o&feature=related

pd sorry for my english (google traslator)

Krazee DD
01-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Cool good post bro.

The water in the game looks horrible haha. You go in and the water flys up though the fenders and truck bed. No real waves. O well.

keope4wd
01-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Cool good post bro.

The water in the game looks horrible haha. You go in and the water flys up though the fenders and truck bed. No real waves. O well.

in some cases (when the game and give 3 or 4 seconds of free roam) I can see that
water makes waves ... only have to add more effects to the wheels splashing
and of course the trickle-speed entering a lake .. I
desperate to see the final version! hopefully take the ideas we want users.

Krazee DD
01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
in some cases (when the game and give 3 or 4 seconds of free roam) I can see that
water makes waves ... only have to add more effects to the wheels splashing
and of course the trickle-speed entering a lake .. I
desperate to see the final version! hopefully take the ideas we want users.

Ya the offroad community around the world doesnt really differ haha.

We know what we want and what we like. When we do things we do it right. We just want a game to fuel our nerd side and we want it done right.

bbwhaling
01-28-2011, 01:46 AM
[QUOTE=Krazee DD;217570]Ya the offroad community around the world doesnt really differ haha.

We know what we want and what we like. When we do things we do it right. We just want a game to fuel our nerd side and we want it done right.[/QUO

i second that.

SuzukiSamurai
01-28-2011, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=Krazee DD;217570]Ya the offroad community around the world doesnt really differ haha.

We know what we want and what we like. When we do things we do it right. We just want a game to fuel our nerd side and we want it done right.[/QUO

i second that.

No offense to the game makers, but have they ever been off road themselves? I mean, to they off road themselves? If so, post a pic of your rigs in the your own (REAL) truck area. :p If the game would not fit to my spectations, I'll probably gonna use the money for me 1/10 rc scaler then lol. :D :p

bboywampa
01-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Good idea :P

Krazee DD
01-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Looks like they are back in hiding......

BALLZ 010
02-06-2011, 05:28 AM
1. Free-roam.

Are you serious I mean no disrespect but as a seasond gamer I've seen what the Unreal engins can do. They render massive UBBER high detail enviroments.
I find it hard to belive that it wouldnt do free roam. Once again no disrespect.

Krazee DD
02-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Are you serious I mean no disrespect but as a seasond gamer I've seen what the Unreal engins can do. They render massive UBBER high detail enviroments.
I find it hard to belive that it wouldnt do free roam. Once again no disrespect.

I was suggestion use the Natural Motions "Euphoria" engine. Then their physics will be spot on as well.

We all know it can handle huge open world madness as well as spot on graphics.

BALLZ 010
02-07-2011, 01:55 AM
I was suggestion use the Natural Motions "Euphoria" engine. Then their physics will be spot on as well.

We all know it can handle huge open world madness as well as spot on graphics.

Yeah im not sure why they said it wouldnt work I mean they said it doesnt work well with large high detailed spaces wait what...... then why does it make everything so high detailed lol.

Yeah the Euphoria engine would work verry well.