PDA

View Full Version : Making Terrain Flat

Trotskygrad
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
so I've searched for how to do this, and I can't find it

say you've made an area bumpy, and now want to flatten it. There was a specific tool to do this in Sim city 4 and BF2's terrain editor (That's what this sorta reminds me of, lol), is there a specific way to flatten terrain in the MoW editor?

thanks in advance for replies.

KnightFandragon
01-03-2011, 10:54 PM
It seems to me that once you make something bumpy you really can never get it flat again, it just keeps rising and moving around but never gets what id call flat. Shift+LMB and Shift+RMB kinda sorta starts making the ground some sort of flat again.

Trotskygrad
01-04-2011, 01:27 AM
It seems to me that once you make something bumpy you really can never get it flat again.

yeah that's sort of a problem for me, lol

maybe a feature to add in future releases?

Trotskygrad
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
do you have any idea how the devs did it in the level Scorching Sands?

[SOE]No.Mam
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
for creating 100% flat areas you must activate "fixed" heights with any value for height (eg. 0).

http://www.abload.de/img/editor_flat_areasti62.jpg

Trotskygrad
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
No.Mam;209511']for creating 100% flat areas you must activate "fixed" heights with any value for height (eg. 0).

http://www.abload.de/img/editor_flat_areasti62.jpg

Ah, then you do you raise or lower the land? or does it depend on the height?

I guess I forgot to click the checkbox when I tried that function.

[SOE]No.Mam
01-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Ah, then you do you raise or lower the land? or does it depend on the height?
sample:
a) when you want make only a flat area -> checkbox "fixed height" with a value (eg.20) -> your flat area will have z-koordinate 20

b) when you want raise existing areas with specialy z-koordinate -> checkbox "fix relative" with a value (eg.75) -> your existing area will get new z-koordinate (old one + 75)

KnightFandragon
01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
So is that how the devs made that Tobruk port? I wanted to make a port mission but for the life of me couldnt get the sea edge flat.....