PDA

View Full Version : This game worth buying?

WooD
12-31-2010, 08:57 AM
I played alot of Brigade E5 in the past and i wonder if this game is worth buying?
what is different in this game and Brigade E5?

R@S
12-31-2010, 09:46 AM
If you liked BE5 you'll like this one, and at it's current price it's well worth it. Just remember to install the unofficial patch before you start playing.

There aren't that many differences between BE5 and 7.62, the graphics are better, more maps and a few new weapons. They've removed some smaller things, but IMHO it doesn't affect the gameplay much.

D_F_N
12-31-2010, 10:11 AM
i wonder if this game is worth buying?

About differences, it is as R@S wrote.

is it worth buying? do Bears shit in the forest? does pope cover pedophiles?

Its worth every last penny. Welcome to a series of sleep deprivation.

Nat_Crelk
12-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Its worth every last penny. Welcome to a series of sleep deprivation.

I would say the same.

Graphics and gameplay are slightly better, more items, weapons and ammos, more maps and quests and more actions to do.
A little more characters to play with and a lot more to discover and interract with.
More weapons and even more with mods such as Blue Sun or Hard-Life addon plus some quests.

I recommend to finish vanilla once before starting to play with a mod.
But mods are definitely the best solution to ameliorate the game further more.

Nat

safoolfool
12-31-2010, 10:50 PM
As everyone has said, slight improvements, but they add up to make it a good bit better, and definitely worth buying. I haven't played BE5 since buying this a year ago so I can't remember all my little complaints. In terms of gameplay changes there are a bunch of small fine tunnings (e.g. no obnoxious 5 foot impassable borders around every rock and tree), and some bigger changes. For me the two big things are better maps and more interesting AI. The maps are more varied in terms of distances and layouts, not everything is a reskin of the same flat empty space you can see clear across. There are hills and cliffs, and different obstacles, with more interesting layouts in terms of firing lanes.
The AI still isn't amazing, it uses fairly simple tactics, but it doesn't entirely devolve into all enemies laying prone on top of each other plinking at you, as BE5 seemed to after a while.

waveform
01-02-2011, 10:45 PM
The good:
- Highly customizable weapons. You have suppressors, various scopes, laser pointers, various bullet types.
- Fairly complex shooting mechanics. You have to constantly choose whether you fire a quick but inaccurate shot, or a well-aimed one, which takes more time, which might prove fatal in combat. Oh the choices.
- It's an RPG! Your soldiers have stats and they improve over time, and you'll see the results. And the enemies will feel it in their hides.

The bad:
- You have to restart the game every 2 hours or so or risk crashing to desktop.
- Large impassable and invisible areas around trees, rocks and some hills. You'll often wonder where are you allowed to step.
- Bad dialogue. I played the English version and the writing could've been better.
- During combat, you can pause to give orders to your soldiers. Unfortunately, you'll get to do this a lot, depending how many mercs you employ. More mercs, more pausing. It gets tiring eventually. The mercs have no independent thinking. You can't set them to shoot automatically at anything (with the excpetion of "shoot until dead" order). The mercs often lose track of their target if they run past behind a tree, interrupting aiming and invoking a pause. Pause, pause, pause.
- Indestructible terrain. You CAN destroy some boxes, but when compared to Silent Storm, everything in this game is made out of steel and nailed down, even if it looks flimsy.

D_F_N
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
- It's an RPG! Your soldiers have stats and they improve over time, and you'll see the results. And the enemies will feel it in their hides.

it is not an Arrhpeegee! its a squad-based tactics combat game. Because your soldiers have stats, that doesnt make this or any other game an RPG.
It has, though, some RPG elements in the form of C&C when you are doing quests.

Large impassable and invisible areas? Not compared to BE5!
Bad dialogue? not compared to BE5 or the fan translated russian version of 7.62.
And you can set the smart pause how you like. It doesnt get irritating unless you tweak your game and end up trying to give orders to 20+ mercs.
Indestructible environment? Compared to BE5 it has more destructible environment.

waveform
01-03-2011, 03:23 PM
You're right. It's not an RPG. All the other points still stand. I'm not comparing it to BE5.