PDA

View Full Version : I just bought Cryostasis on Amazon, which patch to download?

Jono
12-29-2010, 06:12 AM
I just bought the Amazon Digital Download version of Cryostasis. How do I patch this game? I just downloaded three different patches. All of them say no software found. I wanna patch this game so I can have the best PhysX performance.

Jono
01-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Come on Russian friends, I just want to play this game :( Help me out haha

Sneaksie
01-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Are you sure your version isn't patched already? Look into game executable properties (right-click), what version number is shown there?

aromak
01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
cryostasis.exe 1.0.0.1 version 1.0 ENGLISH
don't use 1.1 USpatch
error message:Software Not Found
My PC win7 64bit

help me:(

aromak
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I can Cryostasis PhysX Patch.exe applying in amazon download Cryostasis.
but, I Can't install Cryostasis_PC_1.1_Update.exe.
:confused:

skyelander
01-16-2011, 09:49 AM
I also bought the Amazon download (Cryostasis) over the holidays - it was on sale for $3.25. Necrovision was not much more.

Anyway, I'm having the same problem patching the game as the initial poster. The message comes up that the game is not installed on my computer, which of course, it is. I've tried running the patch from the game directory itself, but to no avail. It simply won't patch the game or even find it.
I checked the .exe, it is the 1.0.0.1 Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason file version 1.0 - so it is unpatched.

I suspect like so many other games I downloaded from Amazon, it is NOT the US version. Chome was the Euro version, Necrovision was not the US version, and several other games were either British version or Euro version but in English.

So, is there a patch available yet? I'd appreciate the link to it if you have it.

Anyone found a patch for Alpha Prime either?

Many thanks'
Skye

mnemosyne
03-16-2011, 12:20 AM
i had problem with patch too, my copy was theoretically EU - Poland, but no patches worked, i tried every patch possible, so in the end i downloaded image of english version and patched it (patched cryostasis removes any protection so you dont need any crack files)

Zambia
10-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Did you try to install the english version first and patch it? Did you execute the patch file as admin? Did you try to choose another compability mode with (x64/x86)?

shirleyclements
06-24-2023, 11:15 PM
Hi,
If you are getting a “no software found” error when patching Cryostasis Amazon Digital Download version, you can try the following steps:
drift boss (https://driftboss3.com/)

Make sure that you have downloaded the correct patch for your version of Cryostasis.
Try running the patch as an administrator.
If the patch still does not work, you can try downloading and applying the NTCore 4GB Patch 1. This patch allows Cryostasis.exe to use 4 GB RAM in 64 bits Windows.