PDA

View Full Version : Getting infantry to advance

gavvo81
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Hiya

I've made a really brilliant map of Omaha beach, even General Rommel would be proud..

All triggers for the LCVPs (move, open doors, emit) are sound. Have organised several waves of these boats to approach the beach, which they do in good order. The infantry get out and either swim/run..

HOWEVER, only a handful of troops actually move forwards across the beach to engage the Germans, whilst the majority just stand around in the water smoking fags. I've tried issuing all troops a 'waypoint' trigger behind the german lines, once they get out of the boats but this just causes the soldiers to run towards the Germans in a line and get shot down in consecutive order. I want them to move forwards simultaneously in staggered formations, on a large front (and not queuing up to get killed)

I've tried the 'Action' trigger with both the 'advance / move' commands to a set zone or waypoint but these don't seem to work.

Can anyone help me out here? Am sure the troops would appreciate it if they could actually take the beach head too :)

Gavin

mimin
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
You must soldiers many differents way with waypoints

1. I will copy boats and set it move to beach (other->actor_to_waypoint), set units inside some tag
2. Set soldiers advance ratio and retreat ratio, i made advance 50, retreat 1, this willl do your soldiers will not run away back to the boats
3. Set waypoints to boats, and on the end of their way, set emit all passangers to any waypoint (if possible under the boat)

to emit waypoint set actor_state -> move assault, weapon prepare on

4. Select that waypoint and make way for soldiers, then select the waypoint again make another way to soldiers and then again .... They will randomly choose one way. They will attack and cover automatically and they will try to reach last waypoint. You can set agression with advance and retreat ratio

5. you can made an special events
5.a) entities,tag <soldiers inside boat x> or <usa_soldiers> is less than 15
- actor talk -> <anybody> -> some text ........
- actor_waypoint <soldiers inside boat x> or <usa_soldiers> to waypoint
<back to boats>

And if are those soldiers belongs to player and they will emit before they reach an yellow clip line, they will weird run off all the map.

If you want to set infantry to player after emit, set on emit waypoint actor -> player and in my case to player 0 (you cat in in mission menu after pushing F9)

gavvo81
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks very much, that helps a great deal :) it was the infantry advance/retreat numbers that were the problem. The soldiers are more active now!

Thanks again :) :)