PDA

View Full Version : stuck in chapter 3 or 4?

steelth1
12-15-2010, 10:33 PM
i,m at the part where you walk into a large open round area an he says " summit meeting heh" then one of those big guys with a hammer comes in and then the ground collapses and you fall into another large room and fight this guy. ok, so i killed him and picked up all the dinomite i can carry. now what? i tried using the dinomite on the hole in the wall blocked by metal but nothin happens, i walked down the hallway with the high ceiling but it's a dead end. can somone help me? i played this game once about a year ago and hated it but i gave it another chance and found out it.s a lot of fun once you learn the moves and controls. thanx.

AncientMariner
12-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi. Steelth. My memory is a tad hazy but isn't there a pit in the middle of the area? I seem to remember you have to make you way down into the pit and the end of chapter sequence is triggered. If that isn't it, post again and I'll load up the game and jog my memory.

You're dead right about the controls. Once you realise how powerful (and how much fun :) ) kicking and melee is, the game transforms. Have fun.

Cheers

steelth1
12-17-2010, 02:49 PM
thanx mariner. yea that was it. i spent an hour walking around that room blowing things up. i got mad and jumped down that hole thinking it would kill me. somtimes the simple route is the way. i'll tell you what's not simple though. how do you kill this dame scopion giant thing? i know i have to destroy those recharger tower things but he desroys my power suit and i get killed soon after. almost no where to hide. i managed to destroy one of those chargers but used most of my ammo doing it. any suggestions here? i think there's a vidieo in here somwhere that shows how to kill it, i'll try watching it. thanx for the help. yea kicking and impaling is cool. have you finished the game?

steelth1
12-17-2010, 10:38 PM
found a video on you're website i think. i was wasting my guardian trying to kill everything instead of going right to the boss. you need full health in the guardian to beat him. also i was shooting the ball on top instead of the bunker. much faster that way. sill could use your help though. now I'm stuck where you need the blue crystal to wake up the guardian. i can see it up high on a wall ( that's where my compass points to) but i don't know how to get it. i know it must be simple because nobody else asks about it but i don;t see any lever or any way to get to it. thanks again

AncientMariner
12-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm afraid you have me stumped. I don't remember this bit. In "Underworld" there is a jump pad that is only enabled after you carry out certain other tasks but I don't think that's what you mean. I don't remember any "hard" jumps except for optional goodies. If you're still stuck, tell me which chapter you're in? It might jog my memory.

OT. Yes. I did have a hand in the site you found. My name on most gaming sites is "Greybeard". It was taken when I came here. "Greybeard" comes from the poem "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner". So ... :)

steelth1
12-18-2010, 07:30 PM
thanks for the quick response, it's chapter 7 crystal palace. the objectives say; find the sanctuary, locate the crystal and reactivate the mechanical guardian. if that helps.i'm standing underneath a blue sparking thing high up on a wall. that might not even be the crystal but my compass keeps pointing to it. there is a secret place a little further on down the hall with a vampire artifact on one side and something else that glows red on the other side but then it's a dead end. i've tried backtracking and a few other directions but their are no more enemies,(mostly the guys in the armor suits) you know your going the right way when there are enemies usually. like i said it must be something simple

i'm missing because nobody else seems to get stuck here. thanks again for your help. the videos are a big help.

p.s. i'm right in front of a huge spinning metal wheel driven by a piston. that might help jog your memory. also,just when i get to that thing he says."i've got to use that thing before they do".

AncientMariner
12-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I should know this level backwards. It was one of the hardest to find all the secrets. I went through it many times. However, it's been a long time ...

After you've cleared the main chamber with the crystal pillars, you go around a corner. The guardian is in an alcove on your left and there is a ledge & balustrade to your right. This eventually leads to the big Beast and secret area you describe. As you go around that corner you should see something on the floor, or falling onto the floor, just beyond the Guardian. Some demons are heading for it, hence, "I've got to use that thing before they do". Once you kill them, you should just be able to pick it up. No jumping is required. This gives you the Guardian to take on the Beast.

You see Blood going around the corner in question at the start of his Secrets vid for that level. He must have got the Guardian and then doubled back into the main chamber, probably to put the clip in context.

If you don't see anything obvious as you round the corner then you might have hit a bug. Restart the chapter or last checkpoint. As I say, I can't quite remember the object you have to pick up (some sort of disc rings a bell) but it is fairly obvious and there is definitely no jump required.

Again, if you're still stuck, let me know and I'll reload the game.

steelth1
12-18-2010, 09:01 PM
yes there was a bug. that alcove was the place i was talking about but there was nothing there. i replayed from the last checkpoint and there it was. that disk you mentioned is the crystal. a ghost is holding it and he drops it when you kill him. let me ask you this, i just player a painkiller demo and got the same feeling as when i first played this game. should i give it another chance too?

AncientMariner
12-19-2010, 09:18 AM
I've never come across that particular bug. I don't know whether to say congratulations or not :)

I am a huge fan of Painkiller, so I'm going to say "do try it". You may know that The Farm 51 were originally part of the team, People Can Fly, that made Painkiller. NVN is different to PK but still has that out and out shooter feel about it.

It's coming up to 7 years old, now, so you're not going to get the "photo realism" of Crysis or FarCry 2. However, the graphical level design remains stunning. The weapons are insane. A huge change from the usual suspects. You can treat it like Serious Sam but if you find a few secrets and collect the Tarot Cards, it injects a whole new level of fun into the game. If you've got a moment, pop along to my site, Greybeard's Vessel (http://www.greybeard.me.uk/vessel/), and check out my pages on the Painkiller games. In particular, I link to Yahtzee's review, which is worth watching.

People Can Fly are about to release a new game (currently Feb 2011) called Bulletstorm. Here's the official site (http://www.bulletstorm.com/). You can see that it has some of the ideas of NVN in there as well as a few from PK. I reckon it's going to be brilliant.

Anyway, before I get kicked off the boards for plugging other games, I hope you have a great time with the rest of NVN. Don't forget to do the Serious Uncle Sam Challenge Room :) and I can also recommend NVN:Lost Company.

Cheers

steelth1
12-19-2010, 03:56 PM
thanks for all the help. maybe it wasn't a bug. i think i just didn't get the crystal in time. i can't believe i almost deleted this game from my steam file.i just finished the flying dragon level. that was insane! i'll definitely give painkiller a try. i'm old school, i still play hl1. i checked out the bulletstorm trailer. looks like they took NVN to the next level. i bookmarked your site. thanx again and keep up the good work. (or play)