PDA

View Full Version : Why so many types of weapons?

Jason
12-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Okay one thing that has been bothering me for ages is the amount of weapons available for missions, it's a lot but most aren't really usable since the game is based almost completely around stealth. Don't you think it is odd to have so many weapons available? Why are there so many types of weapons?

Sneaksie
12-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Some people prefer to exterminate everything instead of playing stealth.

Trotskygrad
01-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Some people prefer to exterminate everything instead of playing stealth.
it's possible just hard, lure enemies into chokepoints and mow them down

oggmeista
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
good point but dont you think people would be complaining that there are not enough weapons if they were reduced as well different weapons are obviousley slightly different thus giving the experience that bit more variety which is never a bad thing :)

One last point I have Arma II and addons you should see just how many weapons you have in that game !! lol

Puritania
10-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Perhaps the largest, most ridiculous, flaw in this game is the weapon choice. You have a vast array of weapons to choose from, but only a few of them are actually usable due to being stealth weapons. As mentioned above, the game crumbles when you take the Rambo route and do a bloodbath as it was ultimately catered for stealth playstyles. This makes you wonder why the emphasis on non-stealth weaponry is so much stronger.

There are approximately 6 pistols in the game, but the only one that is actually helpful is the revolver with a silencer.

The other selections are completely moot because firing a single shot in a level with raise the alarm and cause all hell to break loose.

I understand the developers wanted to give viable options to less patient players who want gun-toting action playthroughs, but you would think that there would be more than 1 silence pistol. Would it be so impractical to have a silenced 1911 or something of that sort ?

Variety in weaponry is good, of course. But having 5 unusable pistols and 1 silenced pistol in a game that is focused on stealth is beyond ridiculous.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/252372-death-to-spies-windows-screenshot-weapon-selections.jpg