PDA

View Full Version : banned for language issue

ctr2012
12-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I realize there are already a tonne of posts about this topic. A mate of mine was banned for three days for saying "where the f*** is everyone?". A three day ban because he said this?!!! MY GOD.

First of all, if the sheer amount of bans for "obcene language" isnt realization enough that you need to do somthing other than ban people, i dont know what is. :S

Why cant you simply implement a chat filter?! How hard is that?! I mean what the ****?! see what i did there? Its just plain rediculas banning people for using "OBCENE LANGUAGE" when you could simply apply a filtering system and let people play the game without seeing bad language. In fact, the chat lobbies are so quiet, its because everyone is so **** scared of being banned. Thats why.

Its like putting up a max speed sign up to stop people speeding. Does it work? NO, people still speed. They should install gps in cars so they CANT speed. See what im getting at here. Deal with the problem dont make lame rules up and punish people for breaking them IT DOESNT WORK.

To all the people banned for obcene language, I apologize on behalf of 1C. Rant over.

Korsakov829
12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
It counts as disorderly conduct which you can be charged for. A chat filter may seem right at first, but it doesn't stop people from doing it. People have to be punished for it, or else multiplayer can be removed by the government.

This is the law, and people will continue to be banned unless the public ban is removed.

SpeedWolf
12-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh com'on not this type of topic again. if you don't like the rule play a different game please.

Is it so hard for you people just to be polite without needing to use obscene language just to get your word out.

I mean seriously there is so many game out there that let you run your mouth off.

The rule are there to make people more mature to others but is seem that is to much to ask.

Like your friend use "where the f*** is everyone" he could have easily said (where is everyone) without needing obscene word to say it.

ctr2012
12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
"This seems right at first"? Of course its right. The filter doesn't stop people from doing it? Who cares its *****'d out? how can **** be offensive to anyone? It cant (unless you are a moron), = you win as no one can display any offensive language, and equally, people cant see it. Furthermore, people can actually play the game instead of getting poxy little three day bans.

ctr2012
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I like how you starred it out. Not hard is it. I was looking at the ban list, you have an insane amount of bans for obcene language. Just have a filter *YAWN*. As long as you have bans you will have to deal with this topic, set a filter and everyone is happy. I dont see the issue.

People swear in life, its just what happens, they dont mean to be offensive most of the time. I understand you are trying to stop it, but why does swearing instantly make a person immature? It doesn't, load of rubbish to say it does. However, i agree with you guys swearing is not a great thing, i myself im not easily offended though. I just think a filter would be something to think about, to stop these types of posts and to let players play their game. I have also taken the time to look at the games terms of service and find nothing in there about foul language, maybe i missed it? So going by this, NO, players DID NOT agree to not swear or use any sort of foul language when they agreed to renting this game. lmao.

quite frankly getting a ban for swearing is laughable. LOL

Korsakov829
12-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I personally prefer this law. Blank or not the meaning is there and there must be a punishment for it. Profanity is banned, and you can be arrested for it if caught.

This is all just a cultural differance. I don't think the game should have ever been released in non-Slavic countries.

ctr2012
12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
you can be arrested for swearing?! OMG. Thats a new one to tell the friends. IF you only released it in slavic countries you'd 1)have hardly any sales to cover the costs of making the game and 2) you'd have no games to join. end of.

what you call cultural difference i call cultural oppression.

ctr2012
12-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I didn't mean to be insulting. And im not American, I realize how they can be. I'm from Europe myself. I just find it crazy how u can be arrested for swearing. Seems rediculas.

Well i dont swear much so i have no issue with that. Im just trying to think logically and perhaps make the game a bit more popular, and above all find a solution to stop people being banned for the odd swear word. Ive said before and i'll say it again, filter it. Any bets you will find a filter in up coming patches. LOGICAL!!!!!

Norbo
12-09-2010, 12:00 AM
But your thought that this game should never have been published outside the east europe seems quite odd. It's not realistic to deny the game from it's main market (meaning the market where the MONEY comes from) because Americans are "rude or narrowminded" (if someone obeys a law discriminating swearing, who's the narrow minded again :D). You're arguments just seem to be based on youre dislike of some western people. I'm from Finland, and while we traditionally have had profound predjustices about Russian people, In the game it's down to real facts (which you seem to be lacking). I generally avoid Russian players because 1) They GENERALLY have poor computers (Whitch is not suprising if a countrys GDP is around 9000$) 2) They GENERALLY have high pings (Even people playing in Leningrad, just 400km away from Helsinki often have like 400ms ping. Not even mentioning the ones in Moskow...) 3) Like 80% of them seem to be unable to produce even a word of English. Cooperation is the way to play this game, so it's futile to even try to play with these people. Of course I do have certain "personal oppinions" about Russians and despite most of these don't seem to be the players I would like to play with, would the game be better if it wasn't published in slavic countries? Of course not. The biggest problem of the game is rage quitting, and it doesnt correlate with ones nationality :/

I don't consider banning people for obscene language to be the best solution, but it's in a way better than a spam filter (it just makes the swearing more outlined IMO). But I hate the fact that the main chat is virtually dead because of the risk of getting a banned for for example saying "Hooligan" in there. I'm some other strategy games, interesting, at the night-time even EPIC conversations are going on there all the time: in MoW there is just someone named Sergey9593968265_84 (That was infact someones real game nick O.o...) spamming "join combat port 8v8 600resource ger vs ussr" (Who even plays those retarded spamfests :D). I'm a man of humour, and usually get the server full of my kind of people by saying something like "HEY Y'ALL JOIN MY MAGNIFICENT VILLAGE 4v4 INSTEAD OF THOSE SPAMFESTS TO REACH NIRVANA". I also often like to troll or confuse my fellow gamers as lot as possible, just for the fun of it. I've been banned once, and I reckon it's not going to be long untill the hammer mutilates me again: a small prize to play to be able to play in a personal, fun way ;D.

P.S. I saw a Russian player a playing the game a while back: He had inserted the serial code of his game as his game nick....

Norbo
12-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh, I see Korsakov has requested his profile to be deleted. He seems to be trying to "forget the English language and boycott everything that is not slavic".:confused: Seems like I'm not going to get response to my post any time soon :D

KnightFandragon
12-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Is it so hard for you people just to be polite without needing to use obscene language just to get your word out.

It surely seems to be hard eh? If your getting banned for using obscene language, it isnt a problem with the chat room rules, its a problem with all you people and your seeming inability to follow quite simple rules. Is it really that hard to refrain from using inappropriate words in the chat room?