PDA

View Full Version : Editing player stats?

fallschirmjager
11-20-2010, 10:22 AM
G'day fellows,

I've had both E5 and 7.62mm since their release, I must have tried playing E5 at least a dozen times only to lose interest because of an annoying bug or another game coming along and never touched 7.62mm.

Well I finally finished a game of E5 and I really enjoyed it and started a game in 7.62mm but I'm back to basics with the same character I used in E5 and I want to give them the stats I finished E5 with.

Similar to importing your character from JA2 into Unfinished Business.

I was looking around the game directory and saw the 'player.ini.' under the ActorsINI folder and saw stats mentioned there. Is this where I make changes?

Cheers,

fall.

ZK2112
11-20-2010, 04:33 PM
.../ActorsINI/Preset There's seven .ini's, one for each of the starting characters.

safoolfool
11-20-2010, 07:16 PM
If you want to edit skills (e.g. shooting) and not just attributes (e.g. strength) then the only way I know is to edit a save game. To do that you need azp.exe (it comes in R@S's unofficial patch). Use azp to extract the save game (use the command prompt to type azp x yoursave, once you're in the right directory), then open up the newly extracted main.sav in a text editor (word, notepad) and find the stats you want to edit (there's two listings for every stat, the first changes it, the second changes what the game thinks the original was, to show progress). Once you've edited the main.sav file to whatever you want, delete the old main.sav from the save file (using azp d yoursave main.sav) then add in the one you just edited (azp a yoursave main.sav).

Dr.Q
11-20-2010, 10:01 PM
There's no need to cheat like that, even if it's an unfortunate JA2 tradition. The game is easy enough and even the dumbest mercs for hire are totally playable.

You definitely should try out the Blue Sun mod, where the new class system showers you with bonus attribute points, free mercs and money :)

fallschirmjager
11-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Alright cheers, I'll have a play thanks fellas.

EDIT:

Shit hot, got it working. Thanks for the help safoolfool.

safoolfool
11-22-2010, 12:31 AM
There's no need to cheat like that, even if it's an unfortunate JA2 tradition. The game is easy enough and even the dumbest mercs for hire are totally playable.

You definitely should try out the Blue Sun mod, where the new class system showers you with bonus attribute points, free mercs and money :)

Meh, sometimes it's fun to cheat. And **** yes, everyone who owns 7.62 has no reason to play vanilla, BSM is amazing.

fallschirmjager
11-22-2010, 02:35 AM
I'll be trying BSM out after I have a run through on vanilla. It's just how I roll. =D

Nat_Crelk
11-23-2010, 12:38 PM
As far as I can remember, you can find more info in this older thread :

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16021