PDA

View Full Version : Free roam

dozer
11-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Lets here it once and for all, will there be a free roam in this game for exploring out off the beaten track with friends over xbox live or PC?

I am taking a gues that the developers have realised the NEED of this feature to make it sell in the market.

Off-roader
11-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Lets here it once and for all, will there be a free roam in this game for exploring out off the beaten track with friends over xbox live or PC?

I am taking a gues that the developers have realised the NEED of this feature to make it sell in the market.

There is no free-roam in the game, but there will be Editor, so I think you could make free-roam tracks for exploring.

bbwhaling
11-19-2010, 08:44 PM
well you might want to rethink that option.real 4x4 pepole dont race they get together and tear there trucks up while they roam around the the 4x4 spot

bbwhaling
11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
not tryin to be a prick but this could option of no free roam could kill the game.here in the usa.not saying you should make the game based on what we americans like but we do hold a large portion of the sales in video games

Off-roader
11-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Could you give an example of great realization of Free-roam in computer game?
I want to know what actually you expect of it.

bboywampa
11-21-2010, 06:26 PM
It's quite simple really. You got the map and we are free to go anywhere we want on that map with our vehicles. that is pretty much it.

No restrictions of a track that we have to follow, any given time that we want to turn left, straight into the woods we can do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.:)

bbwhaling
11-21-2010, 07:07 PM
atv vs mx,cabellas off road,fuel atv fury gta come on

bbwhaling
11-21-2010, 07:13 PM
like dozer said befor a bush should not stop a truck.only trees are you going to be able to do engine swaps

Off-roader
11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok, thanks, I got it.

dozer
11-23-2010, 04:03 AM
thats CRAP!, the funny thing is i was going to get a sony playstation until i noticed this game but now there will be no free roam for the xbox 360 "editor will not work with a console" i will get rid of the xbox.

Sorry but you guys are throwing money away and are obviously not real offroaders, i dont understand why computer companies dont employ people which have an idea of what they are trying to replicate and what the public want!

Its not just me, every person which would buy this game will be looking for a free roam, and i can assure you the lack of this feature will make it fail.

Have fun with your crap game, ohhh and i hear that rubbing tomato sauce on you can get rid of the stench of FAILURE!

Krazee DD
11-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Ok, thanks, I got it.

I hope what we say here has a big impact. As the launch grows closer and more gamers across the world get wind of it your gonna hear a massive uproar for this. It WILL make or break the game.

Any info on wether progress on this topic will be made or not is greatly appreciated.

.................................................. ................

Another topic:

I saw on another post "Off-roader" you were saying how big the Russian off road gaming community was. Well I can say personally that the off road community in the United States, very specifically Western US, is as hard core and loyal as your going to get.

The need for a game like this is crucial to what we can see on the console in the future.

bbwhaling
11-23-2010, 07:47 PM
dozer does make a point.and if you were going to do a editor try making it like far cry.and not just track based.i understand how trials are very popular over there not so much here.i know when i go whealin i go every where threw bushes over small trees and a lot of mud.also you should be able to leave ruts where you have been so that the next time threw it should be harder to get threw.and the unreal engine should be able to do all this.just saying dont make a okay game make it awsome.i have been wanting a game like this for years instead i play on gta

Krazee DD
11-23-2010, 07:50 PM
dozer does make a point.and if you were going to do a editor try making it like far cry.and not just track based.i understand how trials are very popular over there not so much here.i know when i go whealin i go every where threw bushes over small trees and a lot of mud.also you should be able to leave ruts where you have been so that the next time threw it should be harder to get threw.and the unreal engine should be able to do all this.just saying dont make a okay game make it awsome.i have been wanting a game like this for years instead i play on gta

From what I heard "Editor" is only on PC which is a bummer for me and my xbox crew. But o well.

I know what your saying about GTA. We use Halo Reach for our 4x4 fix!

SuzukiSamurai
11-25-2010, 04:50 PM
There is no free-roam in the game, but there will be Editor, so I think you could make free-roam tracks for exploring.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I followed the videos of your game on youtube quite a lot. And it looks wonderful! Especially you can drive a Suzuki Samurai. I have 2 Samurais at home. :rolleyes: But one thing I always search in a game is free roam. Games like Pure (ATV) etc look great and are great! BUT Pure doesn't have a free roam area where you can drive where ever you want and do whatever you want. I downloaded, I didn't buy it. Just because of the free roam. I buy games like GTA IV and Episodes because of the free roam, same with Mafia 2. Just because I can go where ever I want When ever I want. I bought Motormax too, a good game but it was too easy. Sorry to tell you but when this game of yours that has a huge potential to turn out great with a free roam, great is a bad word, I mean spectacular! And it would not have a free roam area, I would just download it because it would not have enough worth in my eyes. And that's my opinion. Europe and the USA are a great market but you'll probably have to put in free roam if you want to reach these 2 big markets too besides the far east. But besides that, the game looks awesome! :-)

Off-roader
11-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Ok, guys,
I appreciate your concern,
and I will speak with the head of developers on this issue,
as soon as I know certain details I share with you immediately.

Krazee DD
11-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Ok, guys,

Thanks a ton brother. Means a lot. Let us know.

dozer
11-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Ok, guys,

Good to see!;)

Carter
11-26-2010, 06:39 PM
This will make the game soo much better you have to do it :grin:

Krazee DD
11-26-2010, 08:38 PM
This will make the game soo much better you have to do it :grin:

I honestly think it will make or break it. Think of the replay value in a game with multiplayer free roam.

I have not even touched the GTA story line and I have hundreds of hours in free roam.

I have shown this game to people who dont play video games but are hardcore off roaders and they have said they would sit down and play this game. The potential for this is beyond what anyone on the consoles thinks. It WILL take off if done right.

dozer
11-28-2010, 02:44 AM
I honestly think it will make or break it. Think of the replay value in a game with multiplayer free roam.

I have not even touched the GTA story line and I have hundreds of hours in free roam.

I have shown this game to people who dont play video games but are hardcore off roaders and they have said they would sit down and play this game. The potential for this is beyond what anyone on the consoles thinks. It WILL take off if done right.

my thoughts exactly!!! i am a keen offroader and so are alot of my mates, even blokes that arnt would get into this game if the effort is put in.

bbwhaling
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM
just wanted to keep it at the top.free roam is a must

Krazee DD
11-30-2010, 08:57 PM
just wanted to keep it at the top.free roam is a must

HAHA Agreed.

dozer
12-02-2010, 02:57 AM
yep, TO THE TOP!!!!!!!!!

And would also like to say that it would be more so required for the console, ie xbox 360 as the pc owners wil have a map editor.

bbwhaling
12-03-2010, 07:58 PM
top priority we go

PanterACFH
12-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, having played the demo, I must say, it is AWESOME and I cannot wait until the full version comes out.

In regards to the free roam, can the developer's just remove the tapes, signs and poles from the land and allow a unrestricted free roam option.

In the demo, if you try and go backwards, it resets you after a few seconds, same if you stray too far off the track.

If you cannot remove the tapes, signs and poles (can't see why you wouldn't be able to), just allow a mode which removes the penalty for driving backwards or straying off the track.

I will still be buying this game on PC and Xbox, it is a massive improvement over the previous games. Keep it the great work !

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

Krazee DD
12-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Well, having played the demo, I must say, it is AWESOME and I cannot wait until the full version comes out.

In regards to the free roam, can the developer's just remove the tapes, signs and poles from the land and allow a unrestricted free roam option.

In the demo, if you try and go backwards, it resets you after a few seconds, same if you stray too far off the track.

If you cannot remove the tapes, signs and poles (can't see why you wouldn't be able to), just allow a mode which removes the penalty for driving backwards or straying off the track.

I will still be buying this game on PC and Xbox, it is a massive improvement over the previous games. Keep it the great work !!

Ya thats a good idea. I want to be able to have a mode where I can just tear off in any direction. If I see sa rock wall away from my track I wanna be able to go into free mode and crawl that wall!

PanterACFH
12-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Ya thats a good idea. I want to be able to have a mode where I can just tear off in any direction. If I see sa rock wall away from my track I wanna be able to go into free mode and crawl that wall!

Yep exactly, I can't see that it would be too hard to put an option in, drive anywhere with no off track resets etc.

Would be fun to just explore and not be restricted to the track.

bbwhaling
12-04-2010, 05:15 AM
now if more pepole just say this maybe they might get the hint

Krazee DD
12-04-2010, 06:19 AM
now if more pepole just say this maybe they might get the hint

It's all over their facebook as well here and will only grow as the release grows near.

bbwhaling
12-05-2010, 03:47 AM
to the top

Off-roader
12-06-2010, 05:02 AM
On 3rd December 2010 the Russian PC-version was released in Russia.
And there is actualy a Russian Demo on website - 4x4game.ru (no details on English demo).
Well the English PC and X-box versions will be released Q22011.

So the situation with free-roam is following - All our tracks are aligned along the corridor type and do not purport to free driving.
But we see the opportunity of making the downloadable add-on, where we will try to realize the Free-Roam. But there is no guarantee yet,
I hope to know some details about this by the begining of the 2011 year.
And about DEMO, as well.

Goosey
12-06-2010, 09:33 AM
I am also looking forward too this game very much but will be dissapointed if their is no free roam. Just make a mode where their are no time limits, no restrictions and no penalties on every track and it would be perfect. Also after watching the demo and other videos your tracks/trails have lots of potential for a free roam, the track in the demo with the russian truck looks really good for free roam. Please consider this feature because im sure it will be good for sales and im pretty sure everyone on this forum wants it.
Cheers
Kyle

C_J
12-06-2010, 03:30 PM
I absolutely second that, free roam is needed.

Krazee DD
12-06-2010, 04:11 PM
This has to be at the top at all times. the BIGGEST must have in the game.

bbwhaling
12-06-2010, 11:41 PM
to the top.:evil:

bboywampa
12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
What's the point of making a whole map if we can only follow a tiny bit of it? You're allready making a whole map, let us tear it up! :D

Krazee DD
12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
What's the point of making a whole map if we can only follow a tiny bit of it? You're allready making a whole map, let us tear it up! :D

HAHA agreed, if I wanted a pretty map I would buy Call of Duty. I get restricted on what I tear up here in the states so let me do this on my gaming world!

Krazee DD
12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
So the situation with free-roam is following - All our tracks are aligned along the corridor type and do not purport to free driving.
But we see the opportunity of making the downloadable add-on, where we will try to realize the Free-Roam. But there is no guarantee yet

Need to get started on that guarantee.

bboywampa
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Need to get started on that guarantee.

Yes you really need to do that, we want to be sure that we can be free in those maps before we spend our (or our parent's) hard earned money on it.

Krazee DD
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes you really need to do that, we want to be sure that we can be free in those maps before we spend our (or our parent's) hard earned money on it.

HAHA it will be my hard earn and little video game budget money.

bboywampa
12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
HAHA it will be my hard earn and little video game budget money.

It will be my earned money too, that's why we need a guarantee that we will have free roam. I'm not buying it without free roam! (ok, I'm so totally going to buy it, even without the free roam..but still, we want free roam!!!)

COJeepin
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I will buy it without free roam simply because I actually do own a rock crawler jeep and those that have ever wheeled in Moab, Colorado, New Mexico or South Dakota will know that free roam is not permitted and gets the trails closed (as seen already in Colorado). It's called 'Stay The Trail'.

It seems that Off-Road Drive is just adhering to that policy, modeling the trail type system of off-roading and rock crawling - check out rock racing events to see real folks do this against the clock.

The only place you can free roam is in any of the off-road parks that has acres of open land with rock obstacles, swamps etc. where you pay entry and can drive pretty much anywhere you want to.

Krazee DD
12-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I will buy it without free roam simply because I actually do own a rock crawler jeep and those that have ever wheeled in Moab, Colorado, New Mexico or South Dakota will know that free roam is not permitted and gets the trails closed (as seen already in Colorado). It's called 'Stay The Trail'.

It seems that Off-Road Drive is just adhering to that policy, modeling the trail type system of off-roading and rock crawling - check out rock racing events to see real folks do this against the clock.

The only place you can free roam is in any of the off-road parks that has acres of open land with rock obstacles, swamps etc. where you pay entry and can drive pretty much anywhere you want to.

and thats the reason I WANT free roam in this. They are shuttin down Moab trails left and right.

I cant free roam crawl out here....SO LET ME DO IT IN MY VIRTUAL WORLD!

bbwhaling
12-11-2010, 02:32 AM
to the top

Krazee DD
12-12-2010, 03:04 AM
im hoping the post release support is solid foe the console.

would love a free roam map add on. i will pay $$$.

FreeRoamFreak
12-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Please include a freeroam in this game, it will be the best 4x4 game if you do.

Take Motorm4x as an example.

Motorm4x video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jli92QWidFY)

TheSmugy
12-15-2010, 11:36 PM
This game has so much potential. If there was free roam, it would sell a lot better here in the U.S. I like the idea of putting a free roam in DLC, I think that could really make things exciting. But I'm still going to buy this even if there isn't a free roam.

Krazee DD
12-15-2010, 11:37 PM
This game has so much potential. If there was free roam, it would sell a lot better here in the U.S. I like the idea of putting a free roam in DLC, I think that could really make things exciting. But I'm still going to buy this even if there isn't a free roam.

The replay value drops so hard without it.

Goosey
12-16-2010, 01:41 AM
It wont last long without a free roam because players will get bored and free roam is awesome. WE NEED FREE ROAM!!!!!!!!

m_irsic
12-17-2010, 01:08 AM
definitely needs free roam :) i have motorm4x and the free roam just makes the game alot more fun after you have finished the main race storyline :)

bboywampa
12-18-2010, 09:06 PM
definitely needs free roam :) i have motorm4x and the free roam just makes the game alot more fun after you have finished the main race storyline :)

So True !! Free roam is necessary for this to be a good game.

dozer
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
i think the people have spoken!

FREE ROAM IS A MUST:!:

Krazee DD
12-21-2010, 03:37 PM
i think the people have spoken!

FREE ROAM IS A MUST:!:

Ya, its a constant. I habe yet to hear ONE person say "I dont want free roam"

bbwhaling
12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
to the top

dozer
12-23-2010, 02:35 AM
just played the demo... bloody brilliant!!!! but i know that no free roam would kill it massivly for me.

I would hire it for a week, then take it back to the video store after finishing the game.

Dont think it would have any replayabillity without free roam and would get stale real quick.

If it had online free roam that i could drive around with my friends with i would buy the game and it WOULD be a keeper.

bbwhaling
12-23-2010, 10:57 PM
i second that

puppy-v8
12-27-2010, 06:02 PM
yup, definitely need free roam!
its necessary to make this game succesfull, every (real) offroader wants to crawl on the mountains without being respawnd back on track.
thats what a offroadgame is all about ;)

midnite14
12-28-2010, 02:20 AM
yup, definitely need free roam!
its necessary to make this game succesfull, every (real) offroader wants to crawl on the mountains without being respawnd back on track.
thats what a offroadgame is all about ;)

ya your right you shouldnt respawn if you back up a foot or somthing. i think the player should be the one that needs to click a button or hit start and hit respawn. thats online and off. and DEF. NEED FREE ROAM

SuzukiSamurai
12-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't think the developers are gonna listen to us. It's like we haven't heard them for a while. They probably think we're going to buy the game even if it hasn't free roam. Well, wrong guess for me. :rolleyes:

C_J
12-30-2010, 03:57 PM
dwl, what did you find?

bboywampa
12-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't think the developers are gonna listen to us. It's like we haven't heard them for a while. They probably think we're going to buy the game even if it hasn't free roam. Well, wrong guess for me. :rolleyes:

probably gonna do the same... Unless the developers decide to show their faces with some good news?

Krazee DD
12-30-2010, 06:29 PM
probably gonna do the same... Unless the developers decide to show their faces with some good news?

As much as I wanna say I will do the same, I cant.

Money needs to go to these devs that go out on a limb and make games that aren't for EVERYONE.

bbwhaling
12-31-2010, 05:11 AM
granted but everybody wants free roam.and we are just trying to save them from loosing there arse on the game

Loves 2 Jacket
12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
I'll buy it even though it doesn't have free roam, but I know of lot of people who won't.

Carter
01-08-2011, 06:49 PM
ye i downloaded the demo finally and does give a good idea who good the game is going to be butt if u stay still too long or go of track slightly it trys to reset you.. and gets annoying and free mode will be a big selling point for this game :)

Carter
01-09-2011, 08:28 PM
by the looks of 1c's over game 4x4 Hummer, that didnt have free mode soo not sure if developers will listen altho this game really does need it

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12296

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13092

Krazee DD
01-09-2011, 08:57 PM
by the looks of 1c's over game 4x4 Hummer, that didnt have free mode soo not sure if developers will listen altho this game really does need it

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12296

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13092

Well they said they wouldn't have it.

Buuuuut they said it's a possibility for DLC. We shall see. It's a must.

Krazee DD
01-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Between this game and Dirt 3 my anxiety is too much to handle.

Dirt 3 however listened to the BUYERS and put in a free roam Gymkhana!

Carter
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
when dirt 3 come out?

Krazee DD
01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
when dirt 3 come out?

I think around the same time this game does. Q2 sometime. So within a couple months of each other.

general solomon
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
I think around the same time this game does. Q2 sometime. So within a couple months of each other.

I am sure there will be ridicules off road opportunities there. does it come with a make editor?

Krazee DD
01-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I am sure there will be ridicules off road opportunities there. does it come with a make editor?

No map editor. Not sure about the PC tho.

general solomon
01-12-2011, 11:54 PM
No map editor. Not sure about the PC tho.

i remember the devs saying there will be a track editor. is this something different?

Krazee DD
01-13-2011, 12:10 AM
i remember the devs saying there will be a track editor. is this something different?

Are you talking about Dirt 3 or ORD?

general solomon
01-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Are you talking about Dirt 3 or ORD?

I am referring to ord

Loves 2 Jacket
01-13-2011, 05:33 AM
Between this game and Dirt 3 my anxiety is too much to handle.

Dirt 3 however listened to the BUYERS and put in a free roam Gymkhana!

sweet! The second one was missing free roam and off-line multiplayer

Krazee DD
01-13-2011, 05:40 AM
sweet! The second one was missing free roam and off-line multiplayer

Can you imagine tandem gymkhana in phat rally cars. Daaaaaang.

Now imagine rock crawling in jeeps and having a buddy spot for you. Damn. We need this.

Loves 2 Jacket
01-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Haha That would be awesome!

SuzukiSamurai
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM

Track isn't like free roam. Map editor is like free roam (whole map).. :/

bbwhaling
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
well maybe they got the clue?and they are working on it.:confused:

Krazee DD
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
well maybe they got the clue?and they are working on it.:confused:

Well I remember seeing them say it's for sure not in retail but not out of the question for DLC or patch.

bbwhaling
01-18-2011, 04:02 AM
everybody that reads this needs to post a reply

bboywampa
01-19-2011, 02:21 AM
I asked them on FB if they ever read the forum cuz' it looks like they just disappeared from this thing... Hoping the'll answer me. :P

FREE ROAM!!!!!!

Krazee DD
01-19-2011, 02:26 AM
I asked them on FB if they ever read the forum cuz' it looks like they just disappeared from this thing... Hoping the'll answer me. :P

FREE ROAM!!!!!!

I mean.....ya the boards are slow. But your die hard fans are on here so at least check in once a week?

Goosey
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Off-roader, You said that we could use the Editorizer to make free roam maps. What about us that prefer console (xbox 360) and cant use the Editorizer. I was looking forward to the game because I wanted to go free roaming with my dad anywhere and find challenges for each other instead of racing along a set track. Just my input tho

bbwhaling
01-20-2011, 11:07 PM
no console dosnt get it.all tho it should if we cant get free roam hint hint

Nasty76
01-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi all need registration when find this awesome 4x4 game.
demo tested and i loved that , but if this game want to be serius 4x4 game that need free roam and multiplayr where you can drive with u friend and winch him off to swamp etc.
track editor is must too and , maybe make future broken car example broke drive shaft if you jumped ur car too much in rocks and over heating if you drive gas pedal in metal long time and other little thinks like real cars have.
still when this is out i buy that same second when that is some net shop.
ps. track ir /freetrack support is nice too this game realy need 6 dof cockpit,and offcourse opened side window so you can look outside with track ir :D

dozer
01-21-2011, 02:24 AM
an editorizer for this game could be sooooo easy to set up on the xbox 360 console.

Look at far cry 2 for example, i have more fun making maps in that game and going driving than shooting stuff lol.

If you could make a map editor for this game on the xbox 360 it would be a winner.

Just imagine being abolt to play on a mates created map online together, wow that would be amazing. :-P

bbwhaling
01-21-2011, 11:18 PM
still no reply from the game makers.why must they do this to us

bboywampa
01-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Farcry 2 is a good example for map making. But you have to keep in mind that even though we have a map maker on the console for farcry 2, it is still more limited in use then the one on the pc-version of the game.

Still, it's a map maker and I can't think of any reason not to put it ingame..

juggernaut
01-22-2011, 06:17 AM

yep that goes for me to, if it dont got free roam its going to be a fail !!!:evil:

Krazee DD
01-22-2011, 06:58 AM
still no reply from the game makers.why must they do this to us

Hopefully we get sum thin soon. They keep telling me they are them they forget or didn't get to it.

We shall hear soon.

bbwhaling
01-25-2011, 05:18 PM
:evil:they didnt forget they just didnt do it.all we are trying to do is help and they dont care

Minikeum
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Please allow free roam !
I'm not english, but I'm pretty sure that the definition of off-road is to get off the road, get off the track. If we're limited to a track, this game won't be a complete off road game.
Moreover, there probably will be a limited number of tracks, which means a limited game life time I guess. A free roam would exponentially increase it.

Krazee DD
01-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Please allow free roam !
I'm not english, but I'm pretty sure that the definition of off-road is to get off the road, get off the track. If we're limited to a track, this game won't be a complete off road game.
Moreover, there probably will be a limited number of tracks, which means a limited game life time I guess. A free roam would exponentially increase it.

Very true my friend.

Yet another person to see screenshots, join the forums only to see the #1 wanted feature is not implemented. Bummer.

I say use the"Euphoria" engine. It's bad to the bone with physics and can handle a HUGE open world.

bboywampa
01-30-2011, 02:05 AM
Very true my friend.

Yet another person to see screenshots, join the forums only to see the #1 wanted feature is not implemented. Bummer.

I say use the"Euphoria" engine. It's bad to the bone with physics and can handle a HUGE open world.

B-B-B-B-BAAAADDD to the bone :P

(Sorry, just wanted to say that)

BALLZ 010
02-06-2011, 05:33 AM
OMFG free roam would make this game I cant imagine anything cooler than driving around with 4+ mates or you guys online. 1C is insane if they dont include free roam XD

bbwhaling
02-13-2011, 02:29 PM
its not going to happen

ibanezblazer
02-14-2011, 10:51 PM
These guys are the first to do this for console, and they're not messing up the experience by providing us with unrealistic physics for these vehicles. This is an amazing accomplishment.
Unfortunately, 4x4ing is universally liked because you get to explore uncharted land with your friends, while pushing your vehicles to the limit. Providing users with a championship-style environment with strict rules will essentially kill the soul of 4x4ing that this game needs to have to succeed.
Additionally free-roam has been incorporated into Test Drive Unlimited 2, and they already have 4x4 vehicles, which provide an alright driving experience (not true 4x4ing which what we are looking for). I've been addicted to TDU2 because of the free roam and 4x4ing experience combined with the ability to share the experience with my friends. If that game was not online, it would be in the $10 and under bin within a month.
If the developers of Off-Road Drive want to see their game at Walmart in the $10 and under bin, then I fully suggest that they continue with their plan to release the game without a free-roam multiplayer option.
That's all I have to say on the matter. I hope the developers will read this, delay the release date, and work on a primary release of a free roam map.
Thanks

Krazee DD
02-14-2011, 11:19 PM
These guys are the first to do this for console, and they're not messing up the experience by providing us with unrealistic physics for these vehicles. This is an amazing accomplishment.
Unfortunately, 4x4ing is universally liked because you get to explore uncharted land with your friends, while pushing your vehicles to the limit. Providing users with a championship-style environment with strict rules will essentially kill the soul of 4x4ing that this game needs to have to succeed.
Additionally free-roam has been incorporated into Test Drive Unlimited 2, and they already have 4x4 vehicles, which provide an alright driving experience (not true 4x4ing which what we are looking for). I've been addicted to TDU2 because of the free roam and 4x4ing experience combined with the ability to share the experience with my friends. If that game was not online, it would be in the $10 and under bin within a month.
If the developers of Off-Road Drive want to see their game at Walmart in the $10 and under bin, then I fully suggest that they continue with their plan to release the game without a free-roam multiplayer option.
That's all I have to say on the matter. I hope the developers will read this, delay the release date, and work on a primary release of a free roam map.
Thanks

Another post that is right on target. Great post friend.

canadiancrawler
02-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone

I would just like to say that this game definitely needs a free roam feature.

If the makers of the game say ( The best off road simulator ever ) in the intro video, then they better add the free rome feature, other wise it's false advertising http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-random-smileys-965.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

bboywampa
02-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Hey everyone

I would just like to say that this game definitely needs a free roam feature.

If the makers of the game say ( The best off road simulator ever ) in the intro video, then they better add the free rome feature, other wise it's false advertising http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-random-smileys-965.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

True true..

ShawnK116
02-23-2011, 10:57 PM
After playing the demo i think for sure this needs free roam a game I used to do alot of work in making maps and vehicles is the open sourced simulator Rigs Of Rods,there was nothing better then going online and having a group of friends just go where ever they could get their vehicles to.
it doesn't have the next gen graphics but the physics weren't to bad but that was over looked simply cause of the fun of free roam.A game like Off Road drive would sell better and would draw a lot more attention i think...i know it would if this "Ultimate off road experience " had the fun and excitement of free roam.

dozer
02-23-2011, 11:41 PM
After playing the demo i think for sure this needs free roam a game I used to do alot of work in making maps and vehicles is the open sourced simulator Rigs Of Rods,there was nothing better then going online and having a group of friends just go where ever they could get their vehicles to.
it doesn't have the next gen graphics but the physics weren't to bad but that was over looked simply cause of the fun of free roam.A game like Off Road drive would sell better and would draw a lot more attention i think...i know it would if this "Ultimate off road experience " had the fun and excitement of free roam.

G'Day Shawn, i have made a few sketchup models of awsome rigs i would like to see in Rigs of Rods but dont have the skills to put them into the game.

Any change you would be interested in the mechanical side of things? you can take all the credit as long as i can use them in rigs.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/nearcompletefront.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/nearcompleterear.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/showoffpose.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/startingthesuspensionlinkscoilsect.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/cruiserteaser.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/80seriesinter.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/nearcompleteunder.jpg

ShawnK116
02-24-2011, 12:05 AM
G'Day Shawn, i have made a few sketchup models of awsome rigs i would like to see in Rigs of Rods but dont have the skills to put them into the game.

Any change you would be interested in the mechanical side of things? you can take all the credit as long as i can use them in rigs.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/startingthesuspensionlinkscoilsect.jpg

hey bud to be honest its been about 8 months since i did any real work for rigs of rods so i would have to re download it all and get re acquainted with the program again to make a sophisticated enough rig to do all the deforming and engine settings and stuff right but when i do get back into it and stuff i wouldn't mind helping out at all,and as far as credits go i wouldnt take all creds for the work cause i know working with sketchup pro doing the good detailing you did can be a real pain! haha.but those are def some nice looking rigs ya made! we can keep in touch and when i do get bk into it(had to take a break from it for a while just like any other game) we can def see bout getting those into the game!

SuzukiSamurai
02-28-2011, 10:14 PM
If this game would get free roam you could compare it to body parts. Then it would be GOD TITTIES. If not you could compare it to hairy butt. :lol: No, but I mean, the engine or what couldn't handle free roam. Screamer 4x4 was released 10 years ago and they had a perfect free roam. I mean, I still play it once and a while. :rolleyes:

ShawnK116
02-28-2011, 10:16 PM
If this game would get free roam you could compare it to body parts. Then it would be GOD TITTIES. If not you could compare it to hairy butt. :lol: No, but I mean, the engine or what couldn't handle free roam. Screamer 4x4 was released 10 years ago and they had a perfect free roam. I mean, I still play it once and a while. :rolleyes:
the engine can handle free roam,i do not in any way shape or form think otherwise..

TurbloCummins
03-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I deff agree with everyone about this! This cant be considered a Simulation unless we get to drive off the beaten path a little and make our own lines!

I just see a online free roam becoming awesome with people trying to conquer untouched lines and bogs!

juggernaut
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
with out free roam this game is going to be fail!!! THEY JUST NEED TO MAKE WORK!!, so 1c company, make it work it can be done, you know it, i know it, everyone knows it. your just to lazy to try it!! even if its not part of the game, like a download or something. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

talisandayla1234
03-28-2011, 07:29 AM

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/thespeedfreak2008/nearcompleteunder.jpgpm me the files on the ROR fourm and ill get them imported ;) my user name is the same as this one

MayorHipHop
03-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Can we Build on our Vehicals like add bumpers add new bodies,paint,
ride something other than those vehicals such as quads or dirtbikes
:grin::grin::grin:

niceguyfromUSA
04-16-2011, 09:40 PM
you know what this is a petty good game but every body want's to compaile about it i am not just saying u and i am not ponting fringers ok but u get waht u get and dont thow a fit ok . it tuke forever for me to find the demo. i know it got some pombles but it a demo not the game ok like a beta its not done ok ;)

Loves 2 Jacket
04-16-2011, 09:59 PM
no way you're from the USA

Krazee DD
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
you know what this is a petty good game but every body want's to compaile about it i am not just saying u and i am not ponting fringers ok but u get waht u get and dont thow a fit ok . it tuke forever for me to find the demo. i know it got some pombles but it a demo not the game ok like a beta its not done ok ;)

They need to make the internet hard so illiterate people can't join......

m0j0NL
04-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Well since he`s 'fromUSA' he has no excuse, unless he`s an immigrant and English is not his native/primary language.

Myself i got the problem that like 80% of my English i learned from watching tv in the `80`s, so i get things wrong here and there.

SuzukiSamurai
04-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Well since he`s 'fromUSA' he has no excuse, unless he`s an immigrant and English is not his native/primary language.

Myself i got the problem that like 80% of my English i learned from watching tv in the `80`s, so i get things wrong here and there.

Same here, getting 20 years old in a week. Learned almost 80% of my english from television. They better gave us some French tv channels too, cause we suck in French, but half of the population in Belgium is speaking French. x)

m0j0NL
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I did get English classes at school, but most of what i was taught i already knew.

Hell i even corrected one of the books when it had a grammar error.

da boss
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Im an avid offroader here in the states and I must agree that a lack of free roam and even vehicle customization will severely limit the sales of the game. If I want to go off-roading in a game it is always one were I can free roam and any game that allows vehicle customization always holds my attention longer.

SuzukiSamurai
05-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Im an avid offroader here in the states and I must agree that a lack of free roam and even vehicle customization will severely limit the sales of the game. If I want to go off-roading in a game it is always one were I can free roam and any game that allows vehicle customization always holds my attention longer.

Yeah, let's say it like this, it's not off raoding but racing. I had Gran Turismo 4 on the PS3 and Need For Speed Underground 2 on the pc. Guess which game I still play? NFSU2, because it has free roam, I can tune my car. Gran Turismo 4 is a great game! But It misses these few features.. Same for the Off Road Game.

recharge
10-12-2011, 01:20 AM
its almost the end of 2011 and no patch/update or editor for this game???
why cant you make at least one of the things that a lot of people want
in this case freeroam. I have always loved playing freeroam games like:
MotorM4X,Screamer4x4,1nsane,FUEL,Uaz racing 4x4(in orientation mode you can play forever).Can at least one of the admins finaly respond to someone!!!
Anyway I made a little video of me goofing around
I made myself a little trainer which freezes all kinds of clocks.
Here is the link for the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlW3d2xUW9o

XJAbuzer
10-12-2011, 01:27 AM
MotorM4X,Screamer4x4,1nsane,FUEL,Uaz racing 4x4(in orientation mode you can play forever).Can at least one of the admins finaly respond to someone!!!
Here is the link for the video:

That is awesome! Are you willing to share that trainer?

PanterACFH
10-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Here is the link for the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlW3d2xUW9o

Does this trainer you made only stop the lap timer thing in the top right corner, or does it also stop the Wrong way and Off track, respawn in 5 seconds timer ?

If you can stop those two timers, then it is easy to edit the localization files and take the line of text out so that it won't be on your screen when going the wrong way with a stopped respawn timer.

recharge
10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
it does stop the reverse driving timer but the boundaries limit is pain in the ass I am going to upload the trainer when i finish it because its pretty glitchy if you dont start it the right way(you need to restart your pc or xbox(eggsbox:grin:)
while i was messing with the files in C:\Users\Cade James Furdelace\Documents\My Games\PP3\PP3WorkGame\Config i got the boundaries timer somehow:confused: to go up to 10 seconds i will make a video about it soon when i download a proper program for recording videos lol because fraps is eating my fps.I hope someone can figure out what to do because only one person working on this is too hard.

Omal
10-13-2011, 07:22 PM
it does stop the reverse driving timer but the boundaries limit is pain in the ass I am going to upload the trainer when i finish it because its pretty glitchy if you dont start it the right way(you need to restart your pc or xbox(eggsbox:grin:)
while i was messing with the files in C:\Users\Cade James Furdelace\Documents\My Games\PP3\PP3WorkGame\Config i got the boundaries timer somehow:confused: to go up to 10 seconds i will make a video about it soon when i download a proper program for recording videos lol because fraps is eating my fps.I hope someone can figure out what to do because only one person working on this is too hard.

Awesome!

recharge
10-13-2011, 08:01 PM
since i know that A LOT of people want those limits removed i will do my best with as many programs for coding as i can and try to get it up by the next week:) or whenever i finish it (could be next month:() anybody who wants to participate in this project please contact me through SKYPE.
anyway back to bed. I`ll be back !!!:grin:
PS my skype is alex_smartboy if you add me send me a pm with your skype so that i will know your not someone just adding me by mistake

barnestah
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Excellent job Recharge! All the best on your hard work and I think I speak for many. Big thumbs up and thanks for your efforts :grin::grin::grin:

Omal
10-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Excellent job Recharge! All the best on your hard work and I think I speak for many. Big thumbs up and thanks for your efforts :grin::grin::grin:

X2!!! If I knew coding, I would be helping you but sadly, I dont.:(

Good luck and a big thumbs up to you!

W13
10-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Recharge, you are a Hero! would love to help with this thing, but with programming skills of a trained chimp..... not much of a help, well, if you ever need help with designing up a real life off road rig, PM me:grin:

Now we only need someone to make a good map editor and we have something spectacular on our hands :cool:

recharge
10-13-2011, 11:08 PM
i figured out that the game REALLY I mean LITERALY has its own built in editor :grin::grin::grin: all you need to do is go to google search for zed`s patch download that and then on the shortcut of the game right click->target and at the end add one space and add -editor works for me im happy I made my own flatmap and now im making it into a real crawling map also I will be editing the other maps so yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaah(the who) :cool: for the editor controls go to
C:\Users\"username"\Documents\My Games\PP3\PP3WorkGame\Config\PP3WorkEditor.ini
i guess the admins were hiding this like in borderlands.Goodluck in having fun

Omal
10-14-2011, 12:56 AM
i figured out that the game REALLY I mean LITERALY has its own built in editor :grin::grin::grin: all you need to do is go to google search for zed`s patch download that and then on the shortcut of the game right click->target and at the end add one space and add -editor works for me im happy I made my own flatmap and now im making it into a real crawling map also I will be editing the other maps so yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaah(the who) :cool: for the editor controls go to

I wasn't able to get it to work. What OS are you using? (Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7?) I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I downloaded this file:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=1716039&postcount=122

Unzipped the contents to: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive and ran the win7_fix.bat as instructed in this post:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=1691444&postcount=1

I then started the game...no editor :(

I got errors on some of the files stating the file path could not be found when I ran the win7_fix.bat. Since I got these errors, I edited the win7_fix.bat and changed every text that said WillowGame to PP3WorkGame. I then moved the contents of the WillowGame\CookedPC folder (which was created when I unzipped the Dr Zed's patch zip file) to the PP3WorkGame\CookedPC folder. I then set the proper permissions in Windows for my Off-Road Drive folder and ran the win7_fix.bat again (as an administrator) and the black command line window told me it had completed successfully (no files failed).

I created a new shortcut on the desktop and added the -editor at the end of the target in the properties as you and the link above instructed. It now reads as "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\Binaries\Win32\ShippingPC-PP3WorkGame.exe" -editor

I launched the shortcut and the game started like it normally does....sadly no editor. What am I doing wrong?

recharge
10-14-2011, 01:56 AM
i first tried it with that version it didnt work and then i realized i had borderlands
with the same mod but an older version and also before all of that i copied udk`s folders into my off-road drive folder and i overwrited some of the files
sooo idk but i know that the editor mode of the game was not enabled without the patch if you do this correctly in the main menu on the bottom you get a debug window with 2 buttons 1 is editor 2 is console so yeah it has numbers 1and2 this is probably a built in editor that even the makers of this game dont know about .
heres a photo http://folfy939.deviantart.com/art/Offroad-Drive-263272541 :grin:

ShawnK116
10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
i first tried it with that version it didnt work and then i realized i had borderlands
with the same mod but an older version and also before all of that i copied udk`s folders into my off-road drive folder and i overwrited some of the files
sooo idk but i know that the editor mode of the game was not enabled without the patch if you do this correctly in the main menu on the bottom you get a debug window with 2 buttons 1 is editor 2 is console so yeah it has numbers 1and2 this is probably a built in editor that even the makers of this game dont know about .

not that i dont want to be happy that u might have found something but at the same time it does look pasted in.

Omal
10-14-2011, 03:14 AM

Would you mind clearly typing out all the steps you took and where you obtained all the files. The more people we have working on this, the better. What version of the ZBL Patch do you have?

chansuke
10-14-2011, 05:23 AM

Punctuation is your friend.

Omal
10-14-2011, 05:58 PM
I am beginning to think this is a hoax. Do you have any pics of the map you created or any actual photos of you working in the editor?

evil_hero
10-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Calling BS on this. I have already tried this, long before. The -editor flag has no effect on the exe shortcut. the editor (with no dash) flag does, but that is where you will get the error it is looking for the exe.config file. I have looked at the dll that comes with drzeds patch and it really isnt helpful.

To recharge I say, I want step by step instructions on what you did to get it to work, AND a video of you going into the editor, and creating a "flat map". OR a video of you playing ORD on the "flat map" you "created".

I do hope that you have found something but HIGHLY doubt what you claim to have found and be able to do. Waiting for your instructions and video.

recharge
10-15-2011, 06:18 PM
anyway I am making a trainer so that even the noobs can do this stuff i will not give anymore instructions
going to Ontario see you next month

ShawnK116
10-15-2011, 06:51 PM
anyway I am making a trainer so that even the noobs can do this stuff i will not give anymore instructions

he was blowing smoke. and it was just a paste on the main menu to make it look like he unlocked a editor,and if ne one here is a cheat happens unlimited member they have a trainer up and i know a few other sites do as well.
so i wont be releasing my trainer as it pretty much is what they have ,that is higher quality.

chansuke
10-15-2011, 11:38 PM

Annndddd with that you pretty much proved you were lying.

TeePee
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
There might be a patch coming: facebook.com/offroadgame (http://www.facebook.com/offroadgame)
There are many different areas for improvement and the development team is working to make the existing game better by improving its core features. Currently the team is working on the patch to improve the game. It will be available soon, and the additional announcemnet will be made

Hopefully sounds are improved and free roam is included.
Or possibility to turn off timer and restrictions

Omal
10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
There might be a patch coming: facebook.com/offroadgame (http://www.facebook.com/offroadgame)

Hopefully sounds are improved and free roam is included.
Or possibility to turn off timer and restrictions

I would believe that except someone from the game came in and made the comment that no free roam is planned. :(

See this thread...last few pages:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26864&page=4

evil_hero
10-18-2011, 11:47 PM
I would believe that except someone from the game came in and made the comment that no free roam is planned. :(

See this thread...last few pages:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26864&page=4

yeah without even a courteous "this is why" statement, and then closed the thread.....

matter432
10-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Heyy, what program did you use to make those cars?

ShawnK116
10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Heyy, what program did you use to make those cars?

sketchup pro

matter432
10-20-2011, 09:19 AM
is it free?, and could you get me a link to the place you got it from please?

matter432
10-20-2011, 11:02 AM
sketchup pro

is it free?

Omal
10-20-2011, 01:42 PM
is it free?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sketchup+pro

ShawnK116
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sketchup+pro

title says it all, ty..
and yes its RIGHT there to download and also you don't need to double post.i am well aware that you were asking me or anyone else that read the post to answer.

SuzukiSamurai
10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
yeah without even a courteous "this is why" statement, and then closed the thread.....

And you get banned when you ask things or say certain things. -.-' I said things that were right and I got banned a whole week again. :neutral:

ShawnK116
10-21-2011, 01:38 AM
And you get banned when you ask things or say certain things. -.-' I said things that were right and I got banned a whole week again. :neutral:

me that you even bother coming back,not like your missing out lol.

chansuke
10-21-2011, 05:53 AM
title says it all, ty..
and yes its RIGHT there to download and also you don't need to double post.i am well aware that you were asking me or anyone else that read the post to answer.

Let me school you since your reply was a little harsh since someone asked a valid question.

No, the PRO version is NOT free, the standard version however, is free. If youre gonna talk down to someone, make sure you have the correct info homie.

Omal
10-21-2011, 01:35 PM
I owned a Toyota. It made me go running back to my Jeep.

ShawnK116
10-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Let me school you since your reply was a little harsh since someone asked a valid question.

No, the PRO version is NOT free, the standard version however, is free. If youre gonna talk down to someone, make sure you have the correct info homie.

school me?! pls "homie" i think not...
my answer was simple google the stuff and you will find your answers...he asked what it was i told him what it was... so let me school you now ok? ya ready?
don't go sticking ya nose into something thinking your gonna school someone when really you just make your self look like a idiot for trying to be a sarcastic smart a$$.KTHNKXBAI!:rolleyes:

Omal
10-22-2011, 07:53 PM
school me?! pls "homie" i think not...
my answer was simple google the stuff and you will find your answers...he asked what it was i told him what it was... so let me school you now ok? ya ready?
don't go sticking ya nose into something thinking your gonna school someone when really you just make your self look like a idiot for trying to be a sarcastic smart a$$.KTHNKXBAI!:rolleyes:

Lol... chansuke just got owned.

WASP2145X
05-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm new to 1C and an Enthusiastic Off Road gamer.

One of the Best Off road games is Codemasters I4SANE made way back in the 1990's, it has Fully roam-able maps, but it didn't at the time have a Free Roam Mode, you had to simply start an Un-timed Off Road Race, on I4SANE race tracks had NO Boundaries.

So if on Off Road Drive you can leave the track without Resetting or hitting a boundary, technically you already have Free Roam and as you all say about this map editor, you could create a map how ever you please, with Free Roam as a editor mode or as an un-timed race..

Hopefully this helps to calm your minds :cool:

general solomon
06-15-2013, 04:59 PM
for the love of God 1c offer free road. it has been 2 years now.

Devs of this game - go and check out the kickstarter for spin tires. its a small demo of a game but look how many people supported it. this game is ten times better but do you know why they will make more money?

they left the damn game modable. if you will not allow of mods then turn off the damn timer. i have been checking the forum since it started and its over 2 years.

who ever runs your marketing should be fired. because they are running your company to the ground.