PDA

View Full Version : DRM and Amazon version?

Warmskin
11-13-2010, 06:11 PM
There is a version of SR2-Reboot at Amazon (USA). The price is good (better than Steam) and I believe it comes with a manual - always a plus (at least it doesn't say otherwise). I have heard in the past that SR2 has some rather invasive copy protection on it. Has this been removed? Is the version at Amazon w/o all that 'garbage'? I am *NO* pirate. I just don't like putting all that "Can't read your disc - please insert the original dvd" stuff on my machine. Thank you very much for your reply (hopefully from a 1C employee). Oh, and it's a stand alone, right? Really appreciate it and I hope to buy this right away, I've heard some very good things about it... BTW, am I right in assuming there actually is a printed manual for this game? Thanks again.

Nike-it
11-15-2010, 06:40 AM
There is a version of SR2-Reboot at Amazon (USA). The price is good (better than Steam) and I believe it comes with a manual - always a plus (at least it doesn't say otherwise). I have heard in the past that SR2 has some rather invasive copy protection on it. Has this been removed? Is the version at Amazon w/o all that 'garbage'? I am *NO* pirate. I just don't like putting all that "Can't read your disc - please insert the original dvd" stuff on my machine. Thank you very much for your reply (hopefully from a 1C employee). Oh, and it's a stand alone, right? Really appreciate it and I hope to buy this right away, I've heard some very good things about it... BTW, am I right in assuming there actually is a printed manual for this game? Thanks again.

The game is stand alone. And can you please send me the link for the offer and I'll be able to answer you.

Warmskin
11-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Sure, and thanks.
http://www.amazon.com/Space-Rangers-2-Reboot-Pc/dp/B001OASSH2/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

The shipping is free if I buy $25 minimum (not a big deal).
BTW, *does* a printed manual exist?

Nike-it
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
This version should have printed manual, not sure about DRM, checking it now.

Nike-it
11-15-2010, 01:56 PM
My colleagues say that this version is DRM-free.

Warmskin
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Thank you *very* much.

Warmskin
11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
This version should have printed manual, not sure about DRM, checking it now.

I bought the game and received it today from Amazon. You indicated that it should have a printed manual. It did not. The size of the box and the plastic that was used was a lot more than I've seen on standard 'dvd' cases, so I'm sure it wasn't to save on the environment. Please, is there any way I can get the printed manual for this. Without going into too much explanation, suffice it to say that I have a disability (neck) that makes trying to read a manual off the screen while trying to learn and play the game at the same time -very painful. I like to read manuals where it's more comfortable. I absolutely hate the move away from printed manuals in the gaming industry. I would gladly pay a small amount if that's what it would take for you to send me a printed manual for the game. 'Free' would be better, but I'll pay if you want. Please, what can you do for me? I appreciate any consideration you can give me and thanks very much in advance.

Sneaksie
11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
We'll look into this.

Warmskin
11-23-2010, 11:00 PM
We'll look into this.

Thanks very much. Whatever you can do...

Sneaksie
11-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Only some versions of regular Space Rangers 2 had printed manuals, Reboot expansion comes with pdf file only.

Warmskin, please check your private messages (for example, use the link in QLinks menu at the top of this page).

Valis
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know if this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Rangers-Reboot-PC-DVD/dp/B002PU9SZG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295711638&sr=8-2) release contains printed manual?

Sneaksie
01-24-2011, 08:52 AM
AFAIK there is no SR2: Reboot release with printed manual.