PDA

View Full Version : Why thank you kindly Mr Maddox

Novotny
11-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I hope nobody will object to my making a thread specifically to say thank-you! to Mr Maddox for taking so much time to talk with us.

I am also delighted to see that the trolling has reduced considerably of late; I can only imagine that frustration levels have decreased in tandem with Oleg chatting.

So thank-you, Mr Maddox, for talking to us ignoramati, and ever more successes to you and your team.

Dano
11-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Quite so!!! I don't know how Oleg manages to put up with some of the grief he gets and still come back to give us more.

Patience of a saint :D

Thank you Sir!

KOM.Nausicaa
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes, many thanks Oleg. You are a great guy -- very few developers talk to their fan base like you do, and with so much patience and kindness on top of it.

Trumper
11-10-2010, 09:41 PM
:) I agree 100%.We had the pleasure of meeting Oleg in Birmingham UK when Forgotten Battles came out.It was supposed to have been held a the motorbike museum but there was a fire so it was moved to a hotel..
A complete enthusiast then and now.:)

furbs
11-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I was there too Trumper! and yes a big thanks Oleg!

BadAim
11-10-2010, 10:56 PM
This is a unique community indeed, and it owes no less to Oleg Maddox than does IL2 it's self. Cheers Oleg!

Avimimus
11-11-2010, 03:52 AM
It has always been a pleasure to be graced with Oleg's presence. He is nice in his conduct and interactive in how he treats the community.

A very good example for an entire decade. Thank you,

kgwanchos
11-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Here here ... you continue to make all my boyhood dreams come true ! (well most of them anyway) ;)

Triggaaar
11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
It's shocking how much time and patience Oleg has with the long development update threads. Oleg already has my thanks for IL2, and would have them again for SoW, even without the dedication to answering fan's questions, which is beyond the call of duty.

Cheers Oleg

philip.ed
11-11-2010, 02:49 PM
I agree completely.
Also, I'd like to say that although as members some of us may have had our differences, we are all united by a common interest and-as BadAim so rightly said-this community is unique ;)

Blue skies :cool:

JG52Uther
11-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I was there too Trumper! and yes a big thanks Oleg!
And me! I remember hanging around the 1C stand all day like a little kid :) and winning a copy of Forgotten Battles signed by Oleg and Ilya!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/OlegintheMig.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/MeandOleg.jpg

Tempest123
11-11-2010, 05:28 PM
+1 from me. I really appreciate the communication between Oleg, TD and the other developers here, I can't think of another company which is so connected to it's fan base. I think, despite all the differences some people have in this forum, most of us share a common vision with Oleg and his team, to travel back to another time and place for a few hours a day and relive history.

Splitter
11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
It's the communication and dedication that makes this company different and it is much appreciated.

Splitter

Flying Pencil
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Absolutely!!

Cheers Maddox!

(Does Maddox drink? I am sure Vodka if he does, but never know :) )

LoBiSoMeM
11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Thank you and your team for create the best combat flight simulations of history.

smink1701
11-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Oleg, thanks for all your time and patients.

SQB
11-14-2010, 08:05 AM
thank you oleg, i cant say it enough.

You are the one game developer who just gets things exactly right, first time, without the need for copious community feedback on a problem to get it solved. I am all in for bob sow/ il2 COD, keep up the GREAT work!

heywooood
11-15-2010, 02:13 AM
I'll register a thank you here also

the excitement in here seems to be ramping up a bit...the updates and input from Oleg and Ilya are most interesting lately

Looking forward to what seems to be a far more detailed and refined version of the greatest combat flight sim ever made

White Cliffs of Dover, the Battle of France, The Spanish Revolutionary war....then forward to....Korea?

the possibilities are endless