PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Mod?

Silverman
11-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Hello
i am playing SR2 and think, it's a very nice game. I wanted to ask, whether there is a mod, which adds a multiplayer mode, because i want to play with other people. It's bad that there isn't a multiplayer mod in standard game.
If no mod is downloadable, i have an idea of making one, but can't program.
My idea was to make the multiplayer mod, and the rounds end after 1 minute. Then automatically it goes to the next day. If you press the "next round-button", and everybody pressed it, you go directly to the next day, even if there are 40secs left on the timer. The ones, who make this text-missions, aren't mentioned. You have another button, where you can go to the next day, and then to the next day, until your action is finished. f.e., you want to fly to another system. You press this button, and wait 5 rounds, until you are in the next system. You don't need to press the button ever, the button is automatically pressed, so if you are the only one on the server, the time goes automatically like in single player.
What do you think of the idea?
Silverman

Silverman
11-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Now i will get precise, what i want to have. I hope that anybody, who can mod, will do that. It would be very great to play with friends or the whole world.
First i show the planet-battle in RTS-Mode. If you don't have any friends, it won't change anything. If you hired some rangers, you have a HUD, which is changed a little bit. (check picture 1) In the above right corner you have a list with your friends icon. Under this icon there is space for the robots, they can steer. You click on the robot, then on the icon of the one, you would like to steer the robot. Under the robot icon stands the name of the hired person. It doesn't stand in the picture, because this is fictive. And the picture looks bad, because i can't paint good. Only the one, who hired the other persons, can steer in RTS. The other look from above, until they have their robot. Then this robot is activated permanently, but they can steer him from RTS, or first Person. So, that's the planet battle. Let's come to the space menu (see picture 2). In General there's no special change apart from the new button in the bottom left corner. This is the "fast forward-button". If you press this button, the server knows, you want to last the next days as fast as possible, until you have to make your next decision. There has to be a clock, too, but i don't know, where to put it. Under the card, you see your followers or the one, you follow. If you have followers, nothing changes for you, you can say your followers, what they shall do. If you are a follower, you still can make missions and such, but you can't make RTS, that's the boss to accept the mission. If your boss takes a mission, and you are on the same planet, you automatically have the same mission as your boss. If your boss is on the same planet as you, and you take a mission, your boss is asked, whether he wants to make it with you. If other followers of your boss are on the planet, they are asked, too. The money you get, is 50% of what you would get, if you played it alone. It doesn't matter, whether the mission is done by 2 or 5 players, you get 50%. If the mission is accomplished, you also get a medaillon or an artifact. All players get the same thing, either medaillon or an artifact.
In Space, you can speak to others. This goes in general like it does in single player mode, if you are the one spoken to, you have the choices, that the NPC-Rangers have, too. There are still NPCs in MP.
To come to missions: You can make them alone, with your followers, your boss, OR with other persons, you just meet. If you fly to a planet one day, and you take a mission, at the SAME DAY :!: taken by another one, you are asked whether you want to make the mission with him or not. If you do, you get 50% of the money, but the one, who took the mission first, still gets 100%. The artifact or medaillon at the end both get. If you come to a planet, and want to take a mission next day, you saw before, it could be that the mission is away. The day after the day one took a mission, it's not acceptable anymore. The ONLY exception is the planet battle. It's acceptable like in standard game.
Buying items: That's one difficult point, because 2 players could want the item the same day. But i got an answer: If anybody thinks of buying it, and clicks on it to have the Buy-Screen, and another one opens the buyscreen before, it appears blinking read for the player, who wants to buy it. He then see's that the item is not avaiable.
On the planet surface, there has to be a clock for the timer, when the next rounds begins, too.
Okay, if there are questions, i think i wrote all. I hope, anyone of those, who read this thread, can program and do this.
Greetings
Silverman

Silverman
11-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Can't anybody of this forum mod?