PDA

View Full Version : Men of War: Assault Squad Open Beta Launched

Shega
11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Men of War: Assault Squad Open Beta (www.menofwargame.com/assault) is now available from Steam (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/games/men-of-war-assault-squad/open-beta).
The game features USA and Germany factions, a selection of classic maps to play on, redesigned game modes and a variety of improvements.
Players will be able to try out the new skirmish game mode on two maps with up to four players, and play other popular online game modes such as Assault Zone, Combat and Frontlines, which have all been improved. For instance players can now use Special Units throughout the entire battle.
Men of War: Assault Squad Open Beta is being distributed exclusively through Steam. Virtual generals will need to follow the link above and enter their e-mail address to receive a CD-key. Afterwards simply launch Steam, open the “Games” menu, and select “Activate a product on Steam”. When prompted to, enter the key and begin the download. The key is also used for multiplayer and will be required to play online, so please keep it handy.

Mack the Knife
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Players will be able to try out the new skirmish game mode
isn't skirmish the single player component? if it is, i just downloaded the beta and skirmish is not a selectable option, only Multiplayer.

i don't play multiplayer, can i play this game in single player mode? if so, how and if not, why not??

thanks

UnknownMan
11-05-2010, 06:15 PM
waiting for skirmish too... but there is not really a skirmish mod inside the beta... you can make the mission without other players in the multiplayer mod but its "NO SKIRMISH"

KageToraUK
11-06-2010, 03:17 AM
waiting for skirmish too... but there is not really a skirmish mod inside the beta... you can make the mission without other players in the multiplayer mod but its "NO SKIRMISH"

I have answered this in another thread. There is a skirmish mode in the mode selection window when you are choosing your modes for the game. Up to four players can play co-operatively against the AI. It is also possible to play alone against the AI.

See the other thread for details (and a video).