PDA

View Full Version : Banned for obscene language?

Roundstedt
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
What's up with that? BOHRundstedt ingame, banned for obscene language? Really?

I can't recall having said anything, but if I did it was surely deserved. People provocing, waiting for the answer and then reporting it? Laughable.

Either find a way to check this better, or don't ban people for it. The guy who "caught" me after he started the shit's the winner now. Feels wrong. Is wrong.

Korsakov829
11-02-2010, 04:43 PM
...he started the shit's the....

And you don't remember saying a thing? I'm sure, that it was deserved.

Roundstedt
11-02-2010, 05:02 PM
And you don't remember saying a thing? I'm sure, that it was deserved.

You're sure? What makes you so sure? That I used "shit" in that sentence? Normal street-language. If you don't know that then you're not leaving your room often enough.

Korsakov829
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Normal "street-language" will get you banned. I suggest you avoid it.

Roundstedt
11-02-2010, 06:41 PM
That makes little to no sense. Why should you avoid things on the internet which you would not avoid in reality? Why should one get offended by it over the internet if one wouldn't when it was said to his face?

Korsakov829
11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
It is a law in the Russian Federation. I'm sure the law is similar in the Ukraine, as well.

Roundstedt
11-02-2010, 09:24 PM
It is a law in the Russian Federation. I'm sure the law is similar in the Ukraine, as well.

What exactly? Saying "shit"? I'm not sure I still know what you're talking about.

Korsakov829
11-03-2010, 02:54 AM
And as such, it would make sense such words would get you banned.

Roundstedt
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
You gotta be kidding. Why would it make sense to ban words? Now, I admit Russia isn't #1 when it comes to freedom, but I thought you'd atleast realise that freedom of speech, if it is not aimed at a person, as in a "insult", is pretty important. :P

SpeedWolf
11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
if you don't like the rule don't play this game.

i am sick of dealing with people that cannot stop using obscene language and from what i read so far' is seem like you're a kid or a teenager and if you're not grow up.

this is the only game that i can enjoy without seeing obscene language all over the lobby and i will like to keep it that way.

Korsakov829
11-05-2010, 02:32 AM
I agree. I think, it should be more strict however. The rules do not apply in in game chat, or chat in game rooms.

Roundstedt
11-05-2010, 12:04 PM
if you don't like the rule don't play this game.

i am sick of dealing with people that cannot stop using obscene language and from what i read so far' is seem like you're a kid or a teenager and if you're not grow up.

this is the only game that i can enjoy without seeing obscene language all over the lobby and i will like to keep it that way.

If you don't like me posting, don't read the thread.

I am sick of people who can't resort to proper argumentation but just jump to wrong conclusions and from what I've read so far you belong to that group.

This is the only game in which you get banned for reacting to provocations with the agitator not recieving punishment at all, and I'd like to change that.

Korsakov829
11-05-2010, 02:51 PM
And I'd like to prevent that.

SpeedWolf
11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
you said "If you don't like me posting, don't read the thread"

and i said "i am sick of dealing with people that cannot stop using obscene language" the key word in my quote was (obscene language) unquote.

the rules do apply if you have a screenshot of the obscene language.

if he did provoke you as you said then take a screenshot and post it here next time.

if i made a wrong conclusions or not is don't change the fact that you violated the rules.

have a good day kid.

tips: to take a ingame screenshot hit the (Sysrq) key.

Roundstedt
11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
you said "If you don't like me posting, don't read the thread"

and i said "i am sick of dealing with people that cannot stop using obscene language" the key word in my quote was (obscene language) unquote.

the rules do apply if you have a screenshot of the obscene language.

if he did provoke you as you said then take a screenshot and post it here next time.

if i made a wrong conclusions or not is don't change the fact that you violated the rules.

have a good day kid.

tips: to take a ingame screenshot hit the (Sysrq) key.

It just seems pointless to me to run to mommy every time someone says a "bad word". If that's your meaning of "grown up", I'd rather stay a "kid" until the end of my life.

The problem is not people violating your rules, the problem is people always being so nit-picky and childish when things like these happen.
Why should I not argue against something I feel is unjust? Does "grown up" mean accepting any unfair treatment as long as it's according to the rules?

Please, enligthen me.

SpeedWolf
11-05-2010, 06:30 PM
It just seems pointless to me to run to mommy every time someone says a "bad word". If that's your meaning of "grown up", I'd rather stay a "kid" until the end of my life.

The problem is not people violating your rules, the problem is people always being so nit-picky and childish when things like these happen.
Why should I not argue against something I feel is unjust? Does "grown up" mean accepting any unfair treatment as long as it's according to the rules?

Please, enligthen me.

that is from your point of view kid' if nobody enforce the rule you will not be here commenting.

so i don't have anything more to add here'

Korsakov829
11-05-2010, 06:52 PM
The rules are clear, and you should have them in your mind at all time. It is your own fault you were banned, as you failed to control yourself.

Roundstedt
11-05-2010, 10:40 PM
that is from your point of view kid' if nobody enforce the rule you will not be here commenting.

so i don't have anything more to add here'

luls

I seriously hope you two aren't the prime examples of this community.

Korsakov829
11-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Save your sarcasm or whatever it is for someplace like DMS forums.

Off topic, I wonder if you can have your CD key disabled for a year or so for multiple offences?

SpeedWolf
11-06-2010, 12:13 AM
To Korsakov829

I am not sure but from what i remember you can get your CD key ban from 1 up to 3 month for multiple offences.

why are you asking? are you predicting something in his future?

To Roundstedt

we're senior members here but if you're unhappy with the comment that we made here you're free to complaint to any Administrator or moderators.

Roundstedt
11-06-2010, 12:33 PM
To Roundstedt

we're senior members here but if you're unhappy with the comment that we made here you're free to complaint to any Administrator or moderators.

You see, I think your answers were quite offending, pathetic and dumb. Doesn't mean you broke any rule, or that I'd want to have you punished for doing so. I'd rather try to convince you to be a bit more friendly and... shall we say intelligent, in the future.

I guess that's the difference between the two of us. I try to solve my problems on my own, you're apparently not (yet!?) able to.

SpeedWolf
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
You see, I think your answers were quite offending, pathetic and dumb. Doesn't mean you broke any rule, or that I'd want to have you punished for doing so. I'd rather try to convince you to be a bit more friendly and... shall we say intelligent, in the future.

I guess that's the difference between the two of us. I try to solve my problems on my own, you're apparently not (yet!?) able to.

We need a administrator or moderator for trolling comment

Korsakov829
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
That makes little to no sense. Why should you avoid things on the internet which you would not avoid in reality? Why should one get offended by it over the internet if one wouldn't when it was said to his face?

It would be, very, offending. The rules are there for a clear reason, you who is offending, pathetic, and dumb.

Roundstedt
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
We need a administrator or moderator for trolling comment

You're doing it again. I didn't insult you, I merely stated my opinion about your posts. Mind you, you only wrote your constant "kid" to provoke me, and now that it did not work you want to have me punished for something non-existant.

When I opened this thread I had hoped for some answer from an authority here. You are constantly coming back to post another useless comment.

Please stop trolling my thread. Thank you.

It would be, very, offending. The rules are there for a clear reason, you who is offending, pathetic, and dumb.

Just like this... please stop the insults.

Korsakov829
11-09-2010, 09:45 PM
You see, I think your answers were quite offending, pathetic and dumb.
You gotta be kidding. Why would it make sense to ban words? Now, I admit Russia isn't #1 when it comes to freedom, but I thought you'd atleast realise that freedom of speech, if it is not aimed at a person, as in a "insult", is pretty important. :P
Just like this... please stop the insults.

I'm not sorry. You offended me first, and I've heard enough to know I'll see you around on the ban list once more someday.

KnightFandragon
11-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Well even an authority woulda come on this thread, im sure they would have gone along with the ban. Regardless of if someone provokes you, you still control your response...if it involves swearing and breaking the rules of the chat room then you got your ban fair and square....unfair or not, they are the rules and thats that.

Korsakov829
11-09-2010, 11:19 PM
My point exactly. And the rules are fair, and I have no problem following them.

KnightFandragon
11-14-2010, 06:54 PM
My point exactly. And the rules are fair, and I have no problem following them.

Surely =D I have no trouble following the rules either...They are pretty simple.

Also Roundstedt, if someone is being a moron there is always the block button in the chat room...just go to the friends list or people list, its at the bottom of the screen..type in there name under block and ka-pow, problem solved...im not sure exactly what it does but i think it makes it so you cant see thier chat. Easier then getting yourself banned.

Zeke Wolff
11-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Ok, to all involved - stop this nonsense ASAP or you will quickly notice that bans can be issued on these forums as well. As someone said in the thread - we´re seniors here - but right now none of you acts like one (except for the last post made by KnightFandragon).

Regarding the bans in the game...

Each time you enter the MP lobby, you do have the rules clearly written at top of the chat window. If you follow these rules, you will not ever receive a ban. Simple as that. As as non-Russian citizen myself, I can find some words that people has been banned for, laughable, but it is their game, their chat, and thus, their rules.

If you do read the banning list published here at 1C and at Best Way´s own forums, you will quickly realize that many of those who are being banned, is indeed Russians/Russian-speaking gamers, so the rules applies just as well to them as to everyone else.

@Roundstedt:
You got, according to you, provoked into using harsh/obscene language with another user in the chat. That´s too bad, but as it is, you wrote the words and thus you are guilty as charged - the people responsible for issuing the bans can never know that the other guy provoked you first unless you yourself posts a screen which clearly shows that it was the other guy who started it all (in which case you both would have been banned almost certainly). Btw, are you absolutely sure that the other guy hasnt been banned as well?

And since you can´t provide any proof that the banning was issued without any reason, or that you were being provoked into using harsh language, this thread is going nowhere and thus, it is now being locked down.

//Zeke Wolff, Moderator.