PDA

View Full Version : how to extract an AZP file

Redjac
10-29-2010, 09:45 PM
What program is used to extract this. Or is this one of those rename the extension to zip or arj type things. Or maybe a ZAP file. Did a search for AZP file and nothing found.

R@S
10-30-2010, 11:45 AM
You need to use the AZP.EXE found in the mod kit, there's a link for it in some thread in this forum.

ninjaklan
04-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I hope someone can help me on this one. I installed the azp plugin for TotalCMD to unpack azp files because I want to edit some of the textures, however I don't have any experience with it, can some one help me out with few answers?

1. I'd liek to know how do you guys edit TGA files? I added TGA format support to my CS5 Photoshop (I use PS for years so it would be easiest way for me to mod there) however when I want to open a file fro mtotalCMD it says 90% that file-format cannot be parsed and it doesnt show any pictures. In 10% cases, it opens a TGA but not the ones I want to edit.

2. Do I need to unpack whole AZP files and edit them then or can I edit them directly from totalCMD without extractin/unpacking them to a specific location?

3. Can someone point me to which AZP files and subfolder contain files/textures of the weapons (such as SCARs) and the new pack of camo uniforms? and aswell as the basic character models (green shirt and woodlandpants)

And lastly, how do I edit DDS files, what are those anyway?

Cheers guys!

R@S
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
1. I'd liek to know how do you guys edit TGA files? I added TGA format support to my CS5 Photoshop (I use PS for years so it would be easiest way for me to mod there) however when I want to open a file fro mtotalCMD it says 90% that file-format cannot be parsed and it doesnt show any pictures. In 10% cases, it opens a TGA but not the ones I want to edit.
Rename the TGA files that doesn't open to DDS, they are actually DDS files.

2. Do I need to unpack whole AZP files and edit them then or can I edit them directly from totalCMD without extractin/unpacking them to a specific location?Dunno, does your TotalCMD use PS as default picture editor?

3. Can someone point me to which AZP files and subfolder contain files/textures of the weapons (such as SCARs) and the new pack of camo uniforms? and aswell as the basic character models (green shirt and woodlandpants)Weapons and items added by the BSM are in the BlueSun.azp archive, the rest is scattered in the other AZP archives. The 3d model textures are usually stored in the Media\Items\ or Media\Actors\ folders. Check the ACT files for the items to get the name of the texture file, ACT files can be found in Actors\Items\ or Actors\Monsters\*.AZP.

And lastly, how do I edit DDS files, what are those anyway?DDS is a special format for 3d model skins, it uses mipmaps to save system resources. You can download a DDS plugin for PS, search the nVidia developer page for it.

ninjaklan
04-05-2011, 08:57 AM
R@S thanks so much for answering. I have played around with the files but I'm getting some weird result, mostly game crashing. Yes, I'm using the CS5 PS, instaled the nVidia DDS plugin et cetera and I managed to open some of the Tod's new Uniforms. I'll try changing them but so far the only problem is the window with all the settings when I want to save my DDS/TGA file.

If someone can let me now under what settings I need to save the file I would really appreciate it (mipmap yes/no, 16/24/32 bytes etc...)

Also, when I opened up some files, there seem to be 4 sizes of the textures, do I need to replace them all or just the biggest one?

And also, do my textures have to be of the exactly same size, overlaping the existing ones to a pixel precise, or does the game recognize what pixels to read on the DDS/TGA file? (I'm asing because I'm having trouble overlapping existing textures with the green background in TGA and can't see really good the shades).

Cheers guys!