PDA

View Full Version : Curse you 1C for your addictive games!

loreangelicus
10-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, the title says it all, 1C has churned out some of the most addictive games I have ever encountered. :)

Case in point, I am NOT playing Starcraft 2 or even KBCW right now because I just started playing one of their older classics, Space Rangers 2: Reboot; KBCW for your high-fantasy dose, and SR2:R for your sci-fi shots. :)

Too bad the SR2:R forum is dead... oh well, time to kill some more doms and pirates and build up my ship. And if for some reason I get bored with this, then I'll jump back for a while into my impossible warrior KBCW game. :) Fun times... :)

unicornxp
10-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Yes, the title says it all, 1C has churned out some of the most addictive games I have ever encountered. :)

Case in point, I am NOT playing Starcraft 2 or even KBCW right now because I just started playing one of their older classics, Space Rangers 2: Reboot; KBCW for your high-fantasy dose, and SR2:R for your sci-fi shots. :)

Too bad the SR2:R forum is dead... oh well, time to kill some more doms and pirates and build up my ship. And if for some reason I get bored with this, then I'll jump back for a while into my impossible warrior KBCW game. :) Fun times... :)

Fantasy War and its expansion Elven Legacy also interesting :)

PS:Since the zealot 5s nerf and patch1.2 coach buff, after 7 losing streak VS zerg i stop play SC2 ladder and waiting for next patch~~

pavned
10-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey Lorangelicius you're not alone.

I discovered that game this summer. Still playing my impossible game!

SR2:Reboot is simply amazing. The level of depth is just infinite!

loreangelicus
10-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Fantasy War and its expansion Elven Legacy also interesting :)

PS:Since the zealot 5s nerf and patch1.2 coach buff, after 7 losing streak VS zerg i stop play SC2 ladder and waiting for next patch~~

Yup, I also have Fantasy Wars (no Elven Legacy though), but since it is "kind of" similar to the KB series, then it gets limited play time from me; for now. :)

Yup, Zerg definitely got stronger. But Terran is still the most powerful, and I expect some minor Raven abuse tactics sometime soon; hunter-seeker missile is just too good against a lot of things, especially on enemy mineral lines.

Hey Lorangelicius you're not alone.

I discovered that game this summer. Still playing my impossible game!

SR2:Reboot is simply amazing. The level of depth is just infinite!

Yes, SR2:R is in a class of its own... I love playing it on a very casual basis, and keeping some Dominators alive so the game doesn't end. :) Sometimes I even go on a pirating spree against one race to weaken a system for a Dominator take-over. :)

Elwin
10-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Also played fantasy wars and elven legacy (but not expansions to it) and loved it

hotfix666
11-07-2010, 07:04 PM

I have never finish a game more than 1 time... but ap and cw I have play much :D
I have never play a singel player game so much :)

Tianx
12-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Spending over 1000 hours on KL and have multiple copies of them tell you the whole story of how addictive this game is.

malcolmm
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't consider Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy very similar to King's Bounty. While they are both turned based strategy games with some RPG elements, they have enough differences to both be worth buying.

After playing, and completing KB:TL, AP and CW, I am now playing Elven Legacy, and enjoying it a lot. My only concern with EL is the difficulty, I've pretty much given up on getting gold awards, silver is achievable with great effort. I like it enough that I plan to play all the exapansions. I've seen Elven Legacy complete (base game plus 3 expansions) for well under $10 on sale, a great deal.

I would like to buy Space Rangers 2 reboot, but it is rarely on sale. I'm not going to pay $20 for such an old game. Considering how cheaply KB is sold for, I think $10 would be a more reasonble price. I guess I will have to wait for the next Steam sale.

Elwin
01-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Bonus missions are hell hard, campaign ones not really.

fillyra
01-18-2011, 03:36 PM
I got SC2 as a present during Christmas and I haven't touched it for the most part. I've been playing too much of King's Bounty, IL-2 Sturmovik, and there are many more games from 1C I would love to get. (Fantasy Wars, etc.)

Elwin
01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah i have bought so much games at december sales but no time for them ;s and i started with the most time consuming and addicting one ;p