PDA

View Full Version : Editing campaign missions

machoo
10-23-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm trying to edit the second mission with the Paratroopers , I over right the map and mission files ( F2 & F3 ) but when I goto the game and restart the mission no new units or effects are placed. Then when I load up the mission back in the editor it's like nothing has been edited. What am I doing wrong?

kane1
10-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I think there is a way to do it using a mod. This is the way I do it.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11566

This works with maps as well just a little simpler.

KnightFandragon
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
You gotta make your own mod, move the map/single/ and then the files in there to resource/map/single/ folder in your own mod, then activate it in MoW options/mods then it should work. To figure out how to make a mod go DL one and copy the folder order and stuff or else go look for making mod threads =D

kane1
10-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Here are a couple examples of tweaking the SP missions,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPEdUhx2YAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a9eDkMg9p8

djhz2001
01-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Hello,

I have been editing some campaign missions in the GEM Editor, but there are still a lot of things that I do not understand how to do, and I was hoping to get some help from anyone, if possible. For the moment, there are two things that I would like to learn how to do. The first thing is the following. I noticed that in some missions, the weapons that I leave on the floor eventually disappear, and in others, destroyed vehicles also do the same over time. They become transparent each time until they disappear. In some missions, this does not happen, and I would like to make it so that destroyed vehicles disappear over time in missions where they would normally not. So I would like to know what I have to do in the editor in order to make this change. I experimented a little on this, but I haven't been able to reproduce this effect where I wanted it yet.

The second thing I would like to learn is the following. In some missions, such as the mission in which one has to get to the agents list inside a submarine, after a call for reinforcements, an armored car and a truck with infantry will periodically show up every time, but when I see the mission in the editor, I only see one set of these. I supposed that there must be a way of making it cyclical so that they appear every lapse of time continuously, it's just that I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I would like to learn how to make units in other missions to appear periodically as in the mission I just described.

Thank you much for your help and time in advance. Take care, and regards.

KnightFandragon
01-16-2011, 04:02 PM
I dont know how to do your first question but your second one is awnsered by blobbob22.

Here is the video on how to clone stuff and make them appear like on the sub mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uDIBBAdZxA

djhz2001
04-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello,

I am trying to edit some human units on the editor so that they are proficient on all weapons, for instance. I noticed that if I click on the unit on the mission editor, at the unit's details at the right of the screen, almost to the end, there is a category that says "breed". When I click on it, a screen appears with all the details of the unit. I have so far been able to modify the stuff that the unit carries, but i have been unable to make that the changes I do to the unit on, for instance, behavior, weapons proficiency, speed, etc, are saved so that i can use that edition on my game. This is, after i save the modified mission with all the changes i intended to do, including the changes to the human units on weapons proficiency, etc, the units do not have the changes i made and are on the default configuration.

I would be very thankful if someone could tell me if there is something i am doing wrong, or what is the way in which i can make these changes i want to make be saved.

Thank you for your help in advance.

KnightFandragon
04-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Are you modifying your base game resource folder? I remember when I first started editing things, any changes I made to the base game in the editor, maps, terrain, or units would not show up in the game when I loaded it up. It is best to find out how to make your own mod and copy the correct files to the proper location and edit them that way. Once I did that I was able to change things as I saw fit. You would first have to ensure you have the breeds folder in your mod or else you would be changing the base game men and it wouldnt change them.

djhz2001
04-23-2011, 03:58 AM
Hello,

I did not change the resources folder. How can I then modify the resource folder to make these changes? I tried looking for a folder called "breeds" in the resources folder you mentioned, but I only found two folders: one was called "entity" and the other "interface". In the "entity" folder, I only found three "pak' files called "e1", "e2", and "e3". In the other folder there is only a picture that says "men of war". I made it so that I could see the hidden files and folders, but I still did not see anything else. I would thank you much if you could help me with this.

djhz2001
04-23-2011, 04:08 AM
By the way,

I did get to modify the mission; that is, I was able to add new soldiers, tanks, etc. I have been able to modify their inventory, etc, give them different weapons. However, the changes that I was trying to make so that the soldiers I add can handle all weapons and have the best hiding skills are not saved once I leave the MOW editor.

The whole reason for me to want to do this is the following. I noticed that once in the mission editor of MOW editor, there are four main groups to choose from in order to add humans: civilian, single, mp, and special. The ones I am having trouble are the mp because none of those units are set up to behave like a soldier. If you are using them in direct mode, there is no problem as long as they remain hidden. But once they spot the enemy and the enemy spots them they won't shoot until they are shot even if they see the enemy, and they won't take cover on drop on the ground as normal soldiers do. I really want to use the "scout" soldier from the mp human option.

So the idea is to modify the behavior of all the units in the mp option so that they behave like soldiers, so that I can use them. I hope you can help me.

KnightFandragon
04-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Well, I looked at the mp scout's breed and he has the 'stealth' perk, which im guessing is what gives him is super human hiding ability. However, I have not really noticed it doing anything in singleplayer. I put it on all my modded soldiers and yet even in grass, behind rocks, brick walls and clearly out of line of sight I get spotted. It seems in singleplayer the 'spotting' someone is very basic. If you are in their vision arc you are spotted, if you are not then your not spotted.

As for the entity files e1, e2, e3.....those are the files where the vehicles and weapons and stuff are. The 'resource' folder and all the fun stuff is located in the 'game.pak' file. You just extract the .pak files and I think then you can get your changes to take effect and edit it. If you plan to play online at all and dont want to mess up your base game itd be best to figure out how to make your own mod and activate it in the game under the options/mods tab then just copy all the missions and stuff over to it before editing it. YOu can DL a mod to see how it's set up or there are threads and stuff to tell you how to do it. Either here or on the DMS forums im sure.

Gary_P
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Anyone know if is possible to edit a saved game?
I have edited new games but I can't seem to load my saved game into the editor.

kane1
01-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey GaryP, are you talking about a mission in progress? What did you want to do exactly?

Gary_P
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey kane1. We talked before. I'm back in love with the MOW game. I purchased all of the addons and finished Vietnam.

Yes. You showed me in another forum how to edit a new game, but what about one in progress?

Say you're playing a game. You finish the level and it takes you to another one that you can't find in the editor. It was like part 2 of the first one with the same map.
Is it possible to load a game in progress into the editor?

This is too fun.

kane1
01-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Hey kane1. We talked before. I'm back in love with the MOW game. I purchased all of the addons and finished Vietnam.

Yes. You showed me in another forum how to edit a new game, but what about one in progress?

Say you're playing a game. You finish the level and it takes you to another one that you can't find in the editor. It was like part 2 of the first one with the same map.
Is it possible to load a game in progress into the editor?

This is too fun.

You can, but there are side effects. For one the mission is still in play, meaning what was in motion stays in motion, also if you just swap the mission files the destroyed buildings and stuff well be back to normal. If your making small changes it shouldn't be a problem. Just pause the game to make your changes, and make sure to backup the files.

Gary_P
01-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Where are the files? Do I have to copy the mission file to the editor's folder where the 0.x file is? Maybe rename it or swap the header as we did when we went the other way?

What I wanted to do was add in units. Maybe a tank or a cannon to help my side out. :D

kane1
01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Where are the files? Do I have to copy the mission file to the editor's folder where the 0.x file is? Maybe rename it or swap the header as we did when we went the other way?

What I wanted to do was add in units. Maybe a tank or a cannon to help my side out. :D

Here is the path on my Rig,
F:\game install here\men of war\Men of War\resource\map\single\1\1-dubovka
It's an extra step but I always make a save to overwrite just in case, and yeah just do the opposite when porting into the Editor. I ported in the second part of the #4 Russian mission just to make sure it worked. If you have guys moving around just pause the game.

I still haven't finished MoWAS or MoWV. I started playing DeadIsland, and now I'm playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Gary_P
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks kane1

I played Dead Island too. It ticked me off because when you drop something then go back, it's gone. Also if you go back to the same area, all of the zombies are alive and well again. Hum-bug.
Skyrim looks really great, but I haven't time for another game :)