PDA

View Full Version : Can't capture Hill 243

smacktoward
10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey all...

I've been making my way through the single-player Soviet campaign and have been enjoying it immensely. However, I've found myself stuck on the Penal Battalion mission -- I can't complete the "Capture Hill 243" objective and move on to the next one. I've cleared all the Germans off the hill, moved all of my units onto it, captured the German AA-halftrack parked nearby and moved it onto it, and even parked one of my tanks directly on the red circle that indicates the objective. Despite all this, the objective never gets flagged as complete, so I'm stuck and can't move on.

I've tried restarting the mission from the beginning twice now; each time I hit the same problem.

Is there something I'm missing? Some condition that needed to be satisfied to fire the event that clears the objective? Or is this just a bug? :(

(Other info: I purchased my copy of the game through Direct2Drive, and have it patched to version 1.17.5.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

KnightFandragon
10-23-2010, 07:28 PM
The only thing I know that messes up the hill objective is capturing the hill before you get the capture church objective, past that if it dont work then idk whats goin on.

smacktoward
10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Nope, I successfully cleared the "capture the church" objective before getting the one to capture Hill 243...

smacktoward
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I've figured out what the problem was; figured I would post the answer here in case anyone else runs into the same issue in the future.

The problem was that Direct2Drive has not distributed the most recent patch for the game. D2D only patches it up to version 1.17.5; this version apparently has some serious scripting bugs in it that, among other things, prevent the "hill 243 captured" event from firing. BestWay have a patch that fixes these (1.17.5.1), but D2D doesn't distribute it, so if you rely on them for your patches you end up with a broken game.

The solution is to download patch 1.17.5.1 from the 1C website (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/men-of-war/downloads) and apply it to the game; this fixes the scripting issues. The patch works fine on the D2D version even though it doesn't come from D2D.