PDA

View Full Version : Chinese version patching troubles, Friends! Save me!

xdzero
10-23-2010, 11:07 AM
may one spare a second here and allow me to introduce myself, my name is xdzero, new to this community, one of the many RTS fans who lost faith in CoH and after hearing lots about the greatness of MoW had now also joined in.

just recently, i mean REALLY recently (two days ago) i've bought myself a chinese version of MoW, i don't know if it had any thing to do with my issues, but after downloading most of the supposedly "full" patches of MoW, none of them allow me to install them.

Like many other ppl, "NO VERSIONS OF MEN OF WAR ARE DETECTED", seriously i've already downloaded a couple of different patches to install (1.11.3.0,1.17.5.1-en-fr-is-sp-1c-full),
but none of them work. Is it because of mine being chinese verision?
I tried to run these setups in english but it just kept saying the above.

i've been told until the patches are installed i can't play any mods, even the slightest tips and help will be awesome. Please, if there's any one out there....please~

[SOE]No.Mam
10-23-2010, 02:27 PM
"NO VERSIONS OF MEN OF WAR ARE DETECTED"

this is a typical error from patch installer when he didnt find any entries in windowsregistry.

after installing MoW you should have following entry in windowsregistry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1C\Men of War]
"install_dir"="E:\\Games\\Men of War" <- you have other install directory

-> use Universal Extractor
http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6618&p=81480&hilit=extract#p81480

xdzero
10-24-2010, 03:07 AM
thank you for replying [SOE]No.Mam, i've tried the uniextractor , it seemed to work at first chaning the patch to 1.17.5 but then the languages get messed up into wierd codes, i don't know how to reverse it and have to reinstall it.

may i ask is there any way to redirect the installer to find the right directory?
(sorry noob at stuffs like this)

[SOE]No.Mam
10-24-2010, 10:08 AM
1.) download following file and decompress downloaded file. these zip file contain english localization.pak (english language for MoW) and the registry file for MoW install location.
http://www.mediafire.com/?oe79r9xccs9bdcs

2a.) copy downloaded localization.pak to your gamedirectory - make a backup from your original localization.pak.

2b.) start game and test it.

or

3a.) open MoW_Install_Entry.reg with windows notepad and change entry
"install_dir"="E:\\Games\\Men of War" to your install folder (\\ in regfile is / in windows folder)

3a.) save registry file and import registryentry with doubleklick to MoW_Install_Entry.reg file.

3b.) start official 1.17.5 patch installer. (possible you get an error 1.17.5 is installed -> delete game + all files in gamefolder + install game new)

i hope that will be work. ;)

xdzero
10-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Sorry but i got slightly confused, i replaced the english localization pak and it worked good and i backed up my original localization files and is good,

but i got sightly confused with the third part where you say:

open MoW_Install_Entry.reg with windows notepad and change entry
"install_dir"="E:\\Games\\Men of War" to your install folder (\\ in regfile is / in windows folder)

3a.) save registry file and import registryentry with doubleklick to MoW_Install_Entry.reg file.

i wasn't sure what you mean, being a noob on such matter, what i did is change the stuffs into something like this Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"install_dir"="C:\\Program Files\\Men of War" this doesn't seem to the what you are saying, let alone the Import part that i was supposed to do....

please just a little more guidance with prtsc will be of great help...almost there...
utmost respect!!!All hail~ [SOE]No.Mam!

[SOE]No.Mam
10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
i mean when step #1 and #2 dont work use step #3.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
"install_dir"="C:\\Program Files\\Men of War"

when your gamefolder from MoW is "C:\Program Files\Men of War" than the entry your changed *.reg file is correct.
for import from these settings to windows registry you need only a doubleklick to these *.reg file. windows will give you a message (yes/no). after importing these settings to registry the MoW patcher 1.17.5 should find automaticly MoW folder and finish patching without error (no version detected...)

but i think extracting both patches 1.11.3.0 & 1.17.5.1-en-fr-is-sp-1c-full with Universal Extractor and copying these files to gamedirectory with downloaded english localization.pak should change game to 1.17.5.

xdzero
10-25-2010, 02:17 AM
ok i see what you mean and it finally worked great, i owe you one!

all of a sudden it seem abit wierd playing in english, but i'll get used to it!

I'll be looking forward to Storm Over Europe RWM!

Again Thankyou very much, All Hail [SOE]No.Mam! A true Men of War!