PDA

View Full Version : Game Freezes, sounds continue

Flashbak910
10-18-2010, 12:30 AM
I just bought Men of War on Steam this morning. I was intrigued by the gameplay in many Youtube videos so I figured I'd buy it. I of course played the demo first.

As soon as I signed into Gamespy and then onto a Multiplayer match, not even 4 minutes into it my screen froze. I could turn my volume to the max and I could hear birds chirping in the background. I have done Control+Alt+Delete many times, Alt+ Tab, and Alt + F4 to try and stop the program. I had to do a solid restart of my computer.

I have realized that many people have had this problem and some I have noticed never got their questions answered. Some people have even said that they felt like they wasted money on the game since it didn't work as properly as it should have.

I have a Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT (512mb I believe) graphics card, AMD Athlon 62 X2 Duel Core 4200+ 2.21 GHz processor, and 2 GB of RAM. I'm running Windows XP SP3 and I have just recently updated my video card drivers from Nvidia's website.

Is there any fix or solution that can help remove this annoying crash?

[SOE]No.Mam
10-19-2010, 08:11 AM
1. disable "fullscreen" in gameoptions -> now you can go back to desktop with ALT+TAB
2. disable "bloom" in gameoptions
3. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6669&page=2 (page 2)

hope this works. :confused:

Lostboy42
03-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Unfortunately no... Mine are more bizarre.. I click on bodies or teamates to swap gear It almost crashes to desktop (I can play 1/2 way across map with no comp issues long as I am sneaky and have enough ammo).. Have seen warnings from windows relating to Aero which never has been on... It will not alt tab.. Ctl Alt Del and a long wait for task mgr.. Music doesn't miss a beat the whole time to desktop... It's not my computer either plays other games just fine will reinstall red tide just to check.. My version is latest available from steam..

Also if I fail or succeed at missions the restart screen either crashes or takes forever (20 mins at least) to show up.