PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed about damage values...

Draga
10-10-2010, 08:51 PM
So, me and my clan just recently "discovered" this game, and we're in awe. However, the only issue we have with it is how hard tanks are to get in multiplayer compared to infantry, and how every single SMG soldier (amongst others) carry 1 anti tank grenade that ABSOLUTELY ganks the crap out of almost any tank it hits (especially their engines or turret).

So, we've been scouring the game's files for days now with no luck on how to change the overall damage of anti-tank greandes.

For awhile we tried messing with the set/stuff/grenades, but we realized that was merely the blast radius. Now, we're looking for the actual damage that anti-tank mines do. Can anyone help us out by pointing us to where explosives interact with vehicles etc?

ps: Short version: We're just trying to reduce the effective of anti-tank mines by half, so that they're only effective against light tanks, btrs, etc.

Korsakov829
10-11-2010, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't know what to do with the damage, but you can limit how many are on the battlefield as an alternative.
As another alternative you can add a "chance to detonate" as anti-tank grenades have to be thrown hard on something to detonate if possible.

KnightFandragon
10-11-2010, 04:11 AM
If your getting your tanks ganked by AT nades, its not the AT nade, its your tactics and lack of an infantry screen to keep the AT Infantry off your tanks. While AT nades are pretty well unrealistic as hell and I realize that, they are awesome because they help infantry to actually be useful, feared and they keep tanks in Check.....MoW the thing I love about it is how Infantry, for the first time in any RTS ive ever played are actually worth something. No Longer in this game can you just Maraud around in a lone tank and beat off an entire planet with no fear in the world. You have to use combined arms and scouting and the like....not like CoH and every other RTS where its a race to the biggest guns, you gotta work some magic to win =D

On that note, AT Nades actullay were dumbed down in the 1.17.5 patch to..before it was pretty much 1 nade and it blew up anything, now it takes several to the front and sides of Heavy tanks and atleast 2 or so to Mediums, Lights and BTRs die all the same. To really kill a Heavy you have to be flanking it and hitting its engine....ive been using more and more infantry tactics and the best ive assaulted tanks.....it took me no less then like 3 AT Nades on a Turtles rear to Hull Destroy and 1 Nade to the rear end of an IS3 only killed the engine. So if your having issues with AT Nades killing your tanks, you need to invest more in Infantry cover.

And to actually awnser your question you might beable to add a Health Damage section from another weapon into the Grenade's Set file...I added in several sections to my Machineguns and tank guns that were not there by default like range and bullet spread and the like. Just gotta experiment, crash your editor a few times and figure it out. Thats how I did most my editing haha

Draga
10-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the replies :).

While I do agree requiring infantry to protect your tanks is a neccessity in terms of tactics. It's not always fun to have "kamikazi" rushers with AT nades take out your tanks before your infantry react and kill them all.

To that extent, myself and my buddy found out how to "Decrease" the severity of AT nades to the point where they now "disable", but not kill, certain well armor medium tanks....destroy light tanks and armored cars out right, and only disable heavy tanks if it's a square hit on the engine.

For others looking for the same solution that we came to. You must edit the hitpoints.reg file and change ap nades to 0.5, and THEN you go into the set/stuff/grenades folder and modify the 3 AP grenade's energy to 3, 4, 5 (mp40, mp43 etc) in terms of their severity as Russian grenades (mp40) were always the weakest.