PDA

View Full Version : CTD when shot

caronte
10-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Hello to everyone! I bought this game on ebay the other day. I installed the 1.06 patch but I still have some problems. When I get shot the game crashes to desktop and I dont recieve any error messages. I use Windows 7.

caronte
10-07-2010, 11:43 PM
P.D. Excuse me if my english it's not very good and thanks in advance for all your help!

R@S
10-08-2010, 08:22 PM
This is a well known problem that has never been solved. I'm not sure but I suspect it has to to with a writing violation, most CTD's that doesn't leave an entry in the log file is. So what you need to do is check your installation folder and make sure no folders are set to read-only. Also make sure you haven't installed the game in the \Program Files\ or \Program Data\ folders. Check if your Anti-Virus/Firewall has put restrictions on your installation folder, if they have, put it in the exc eption list. Since I never suffered from these issues I'm only guessing, and as a last resort try changing the different graphic settings. I've heard that the Anti-aliasing setting shopuld be set to 2 or lower to increase game stability.

caronte
10-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Well I'll try to reinstall it on a different folder then and change the files properties. Thank you for your reply!!!
By now anyway I solved the problem by not getting shot at :-p.

Bye!!!